154 Pages « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Scuba Divers Club v8.0, Feed the addiction

views

Felice821
post Jun 19 2019, 12:22 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

What's the highest power can goes for a prescribed mask? 1200 power, but currently wearing 1000 power lens.

ukiya, your shop at cyberjaya right? I will drop by to scout some item since nearby my office. Ada discount ar?
air_mood
post Jun 20 2019, 09:55 AM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,146 posts

Bought my tix for KL-Cebu, Manila-KL in March. Aiming for threshers in Malapascua, whale sharks in Donsol and maybe some dives in Anilao if I have the time as my trip is around a week and plan to fly from Legazpi to Manila. Any suggested dive centers over there?

Planning to do my AOW somewhere this year to before I go over to the Philippines.
wKkaY
post Jun 20 2019, 03:25 PM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Jun 20 2019, 09:55 AM)
Bought my tix for KL-Cebu, Manila-KL in March. Aiming for threshers in Malapascua, whale sharks in Donsol and maybe some dives in Anilao if I have the time as my trip is around a week and plan to fly from Legazpi to Manila. Any suggested dive centers over there?

Planning to do my AOW somewhere this year to before I go over to the Philippines.
A week is too short for 3 destinations. Think about it - you spend 4 days on travel alone, leaving you only 1 day of diving in each place.
air_mood
post Jun 20 2019, 04:37 PM

4,146 posts

QUOTE(wKkaY @ Jun 20 2019, 03:25 PM)
A week is too short for 3 destinations. Think about it - you spend 4 days on travel alone, leaving you only 1 day of diving in each place.
Anilao is only if I have the time. Main target is Malapascua and Donsol. AM studying the ferry schedules for Bogo to Masbate(from Malapascua) and Masbate to Pilar(for Donsol). Wanted to know if there are any suggested dive centers I should go for.
usucx
post Jun 20 2019, 04:43 PM

40 posts

Check out Evolution Beach and Dive resort at Malapasqua Island. Went there March last year, their dive guide knowledge, dive trips, room, food are great. There are other dive resort also but this is one of the best.

This post has been edited by usucx: Jun 20 2019, 04:50 PM
thesnugbug
post Jun 21 2019, 12:33 AM

8 posts

That is a crazy schedule lol

To answer your question about dc recs, 1) Fun & Sun Malapascua is extremely affordable. Food is meh but they have a guy named Tata who is the best guide I have ever dived with. 2) TSD seems to visit more sites than the other DCs so if you were looking to hit some of the less visited sites they might be a good option.

I will be diving with Evolution later this year so I can make a comparison once that trip is done.

If you already have to fly out of Manila, why not skip Donsol and just head to Anilao? There are some pretty nice sites in Malapascua that require day trips and it’s worth staying a bit longer there to check them out. It seems a shame to spend so much time travelling only to have so few dive days...

Also consider that flying into Manila means you won’t be able to dive the day before

This post has been edited by thesnugbug: Jun 21 2019, 01:11 AM
miyakochan89
post Jun 21 2019, 09:18 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

I miss diving suddenly, I'm wondering if I should pick it up again after so long!!!
thesnugbug
post Jun 21 2019, 11:11 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Jun 13 2019, 08:55 AM)
Just dived Labuan Cement Wreck during Raya. Visibility was superb, more than 20 metres.  so many colorful soft corals all over the wreck. reef fishes were also everywhere and swimming all over you.

too bad only can stay below for 40 minutes sad.gif
I was just there too! It really is one big beautiful garden. Had a very lovely 60 min dive. If you weren’t already on nitrox, maybe consider diving it next time you’re there smile.gif
XtraSpicy
post Jun 21 2019, 03:40 PM

22 posts

I dove with Devocean when I was at Malapascua. Really enjoyed the dive, and we were lucky to see many and close up thresher sharks. Disadvantage is they need deposit and can only pay via paypal..

It might not be the cheapest but the resort they are affiliated with is really comfortable and good dive guides. (Hippocampus) Anyhow, I will really recommend you to take up nitrox course to extend your bottom time at Monad Shoal.

Food tips: during lunch can look for the green house on a perpendicular road close to hippocampus, for dinner can go to the market or the famous italian restaurant.

This post has been edited by XtraSpicy: Jun 21 2019, 03:41 PM
air_mood
post Jun 21 2019, 04:52 PM

4,146 posts

QUOTE(thesnugbug @ Jun 21 2019, 12:33 AM)
That is a crazy schedule lol

To answer your question about dc recs, 1) Fun & Sun Malapascua is extremely affordable. Food is meh but they have a guy named Tata who is the best guide I have ever dived with. 2) TSD seems to visit more sites than the other DCs so if you were looking to hit some of the less visited sites they might be a good option.

I will be diving with Evolution later this year so I can make a comparison once that trip is done.

If you already have to fly out of Manila, why not skip Donsol and just head to Anilao? There are some pretty nice sites in Malapascua that require day trips and it’s worth staying a bit longer there to check them out. It seems a shame to spend so much time travelling only to have so few dive days...

Also consider that flying into Manila means you won’t be able to dive the day before
QUOTE(XtraSpicy @ Jun 21 2019, 03:40 PM)
I dove with Devocean when I was at Malapascua. Really enjoyed the dive, and we were lucky to see many and close up thresher sharks. Disadvantage is they need deposit and can only pay via paypal..

It might not be the cheapest but the resort they are affiliated with is really comfortable and good dive guides. (Hippocampus) Anyhow, I will really recommend you to take up nitrox course to extend your bottom time at Monad Shoal.

Food tips: during lunch can look for the green house on a perpendicular road close to hippocampus, for dinner can go to the market or the famous italian restaurant.
I'll probably skip Anilao and maybe do that next time I get to Phillipines and concentrate on Malapascua and Donsol. Trying to enquire from the dive center if possible to join the next morning dive as I get to Cebu at 1030pm so not entirely sure if it's possible. The planned travel route is Cebu-Malapascua-Bogo-Masbate(by ferry from Bogo)-Pilar(by ferry from Masbate)-Donsol-Legazpi-Manila(flight from Legazpi)-KL. That is what I've planned at least for now.
XtraSpicy
post Jun 21 2019, 05:56 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Jun 21 2019, 04:52 PM)
I'll probably skip Anilao and maybe do that next time I get to Phillipines and concentrate on Malapascua and Donsol. Trying to enquire from the dive center if possible to join the next morning dive as I get to Cebu at 1030pm so not entirely sure if it's possible. The planned travel route is Cebu-Malapascua-Bogo-Masbate(by ferry from Bogo)-Pilar(by ferry from Masbate)-Donsol-Legazpi-Manila(flight from Legazpi)-KL. That is what I've planned at least for now.
There is no need to rush, you can have a 8 dives scheduled in 3 days before leaving to Donsol. I also arrive using Airasia at 10.30pm, stayed for a night in a hotel nearby the airport town, Mactan.

Next morning, took an early transfer to Maya port then Malapascua with private van picking us up at 7.30am, reaching Island around 11+.

We then had a check dive after lunch followed by a sun set mandarin fish dive. Next morning, there is 3 dive scheduled, (Monad Shoal + 2 dives at Gato Island, Gato Island is also where you can see pygmy seahorses)

This can be repeated another day diving around Malapascua or go to Kalanggaman. We did not go to Kalanggaman and only dived around Malapascua because I need to off gas for an early flight to Palawan for tubbataha the next day. Around Malapascua it is more macro stuff at the sites we dived, many nudis, sea snake, eels etc, but there are virtually no corals at the sites we dived.

zstan
post Jun 24 2019, 08:19 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(thesnugbug @ Jun 21 2019, 11:11 AM)
I was just there too! It really is one big beautiful garden. Had a very lovely 60 min dive. If you weren’t already on nitrox, maybe consider diving it next time you’re there smile.gif
good suggestion. hmm.gif though it may be difficult to get more people to dive nitrox with me sweat.gif
bomberkenny
post Jun 28 2019, 03:00 PM

Gun Down your MOM!
1,617 posts

Just last sunday Miri has a diver drowned and passed away. Heard he was caught in a fishing net while went diving alone. Better be careful when you are diving alone, especially when the weather is not so pretty.
TSEvanSoon
post Jun 28 2019, 05:15 PM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(bomberkenny @ Jun 28 2019, 03:00 PM)
Just last sunday Miri has a diver drowned and passed away. Heard he was caught in a fishing net while went diving alone. Better be careful when you are diving alone, especially when the weather is not so pretty.
I think you shouldn't dive alone. As experienced as you are, shit can happen.
Ji3MOON
post Jun 28 2019, 07:04 PM

Eat Sleep Dive Repeat
1,633 posts

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Jun 28 2019, 05:15 PM)
I think you shouldn't dive alone. As experienced as you are, shit can happen.
betul bro..dont play~ with sea~ notworthy.gif
IAmLejen
post Jul 2 2019, 02:38 PM

Casual
352 posts

Hi Sifus, to go to Tioman from Tg Gemuk, what’s the difference between blue water express and cataferries ya?
TSEvanSoon
post Jul 2 2019, 02:51 PM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(IAmLejen @ Jul 2 2019, 02:38 PM)
Hi Sifus, to go to Tioman from Tg Gemuk, what’s the difference between blue water express and cataferries ya?
Cataferry always on time, price fluctuates like AA flight ticket prices but generally cost about RM100+ return, more comfortable and cleaner, assigned seats
Bluewater cheaper with fix price of RM70+ return, stuffy inside, go back time depends if got space with no assigned seats.
ericcc
post Jul 2 2019, 05:06 PM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(IAmLejen @ Jul 2 2019, 02:38 PM)
I'm taking Cataferry this weekend. Got seat numbers and on time. Last i got on Bluewater, almost didnt have a seat, some idiots will spread across two seats and just keep quiet about it while i was looking pretty frustrated, the thought of two hours sitting on the floor.

plus Cataferry has a nice upper deck to watch the sunrise
TSEvanSoon
post Jul 3 2019, 09:36 AM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(ericcc @ Jul 2 2019, 05:06 PM)
I'm taking Cataferry this weekend. Got seat numbers and on time. Last i got on Bluewater, almost didnt have a seat, some idiots will spread across two seats and just keep quiet about it while i was looking pretty frustrated, the thought of two hours sitting on the floor.

plus Cataferry has a nice upper deck to watch the sunrise
Ohh I didn't know cataferry can go upper deck. I shall try it next week.
ericcc
post Jul 3 2019, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Jul 3 2019, 09:36 AM)
Ohh I didn't know cataferry can go upper deck. I shall try it next week.
Supposedly its only for VIP/Premium seats but no-one is watching, so ...

154 Pages « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:59 AM