views

wKkaY
post Apr 11 2019, 02:34 PM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Apr 10 2019, 11:56 PM)
Wow what a reference. I am asking from the masses which is the best location. What’s wrong with that?
It seems like you're mildly offended by Evan's reply, but what he said is true. You asked a broad question without stating anything about your preferences, so the best answer is to ask you to figure out what you want for yourself laugh.gif

When I knew nothing and was looking to take OW, I first chose a location with my criteria being 1) decent 3G internet laugh.gif 2) massage 3) a modest town that's neither too big nor too small. Then for the dive center, I chose one mainly based on how professional they were - prompt and detailed communication, informative website, well-maintained shopfront, etc. It worked out well for me.
ukiya
post Apr 12 2019, 12:44 PM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

hahaha... what do I miss?! hahaha...

Anyone in ADEX SG?
If yes, try and catch me. I have some freebies to give away... while stock last...

This post has been edited by ukiya: Apr 12 2019, 12:49 PM
kenny B
post Apr 12 2019, 03:10 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(ukiya @ Apr 12 2019, 12:44 PM)
hahaha... what do I miss?! hahaha...

Anyone in ADEX SG?
If yes, try and catch me. I have some freebies to give away... while stock last...
wow whats the freebies? drool.gif
thinking of looking for dive trip next weekend
ukiya
post Apr 12 2019, 03:33 PM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

QUOTE(kenny B @ Apr 12 2019, 03:10 PM)
wow whats the freebies?  drool.gif
thinking of looking for dive trip next weekend
BCD dah give out doh.gif ...
free fins, free reg and few more la... drool.gif sponsored items.

hahaha... see me... take a draw biggrin.gif
drbone
post Apr 12 2019, 03:33 PM

Regular
1,729 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Apr 11 2019, 11:50 AM)
There aren't many choices for you out there if you are just looking at Peninsula . So just choose whichever one you feel like going to, based on whatever factors you decide it on - budget, convenience, distance, duty free, feeling lucky, etc.

There are all pretty much the same. Different divers have different preference, one could like macro diving perhentian, while another like the cheap booze in tioman, or another had seen whaleshark in tenggol, or another happen to encounter 40m visibility in lang tengah. Just some examples.

Only difference is East Coast is subjected to monsoon season.
Thanks for this helpful info. I was amused by the feeling lucky part haha. Anyone care to share their experience in this area? Haha. Anyway, for me I would prefer somewhere with massage and a duty free area for the alcohol is a plus point. Which location fit ur criteria for u? I have been to Tioman a few times but I do not like the travelling to Mersing. Roads are unforgiving.

QUOTE(wKkaY @ Apr 11 2019, 02:34 PM)
It seems like you're mildly offended by Evan's reply, but what he said is true. You asked a broad question without stating anything about your preferences, so the best answer is to ask you to figure out what you want for yourself laugh.gif

When I knew nothing and was looking to take OW, I first chose a location with my criteria being 1) decent 3G internet laugh.gif 2) massage 3) a modest town that's neither too big nor too small. Then for the dive center, I chose one mainly based on how professional they were - prompt and detailed communication, informative website, well-maintained shopfront, etc. It worked out well for me.
Well , I was not offended but its better for someone who does not want to answer to queries by shutting the heck up. That's how I deal with it! Might as well say nothing at all if there isn't anything to say. Newbies tend to make mistakes and ask silly questions. Haven't we all been at that stage before? So yeah Evan could have chosen to STFU. Haha.
Anyway thanks for your info also bro. Truly appreciated. Care to share which location fit ur criteria?
ukiya
post Apr 12 2019, 04:01 PM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Apr 12 2019, 03:33 PM)
Thanks for this helpful info. I was amused by the feeling lucky part haha. Anyone care to share their experience in this area? Haha. Anyway, for me I would prefer somewhere with massage and a duty free area for the alcohol is a plus point. Which location fit ur criteria for u? I have been to Tioman a few times but I do not like the travelling to Mersing. Roads are unforgiving.
Well , I was not offended but its better for someone who does not want to answer to queries by shutting the heck up. That's how I deal with it! Might as well say nothing at all if there isn't anything to say. Newbies tend to make mistakes and ask silly questions. Haven't we all been at that stage before? So yeah Evan could have chosen to STFU. Haha.
Anyway thanks for your info also bro. Truly appreciated. Care to share which location fit ur criteria?
Duty Free? Alcohol? Massage? Generally I think Langkawi should suit u. Others may not have free duty criteria.
And if you want a better clarity of in terms of sea water, can take a quickies to Koh Lipe (low season no boat from Langkawi tho: May - Oct) There are a couple of sites good for diving.

Langkawi, I wouldn't said that bad for diving. Just individual preference. There have been reports they spotted whales once every blue moon. But it's really up to individual luck.

If you would take OW or crash course in those island, I think should not be a problem. As there are many dive centers around the corner ready to serve u.
drbone
post Apr 12 2019, 04:31 PM

Regular
1,729 posts

QUOTE(ukiya @ Apr 12 2019, 04:01 PM)
Duty Free? Alcohol? Massage? Generally I think Langkawi should suit u. Others may not have free duty criteria.
And if you want a better clarity of in terms of sea water, can take a quickies to Koh Lipe (low season no boat from Langkawi tho: May - Oct) There are a couple of sites good for diving.

Langkawi, I wouldn't said that bad for diving. Just individual preference. There have been reports they spotted whales once every blue moon. But it's really up to individual luck.

If you would take OW or crash course in those island, I think should not be a problem. As there are many dive centers around the corner ready to serve u.
Thanks bro! will keep that in mind. Massage and alcohol not sooo important but just a plus point. For me I want to be able to enjoy the clear waters as much as possible. That is the priority!

TSEvanSoon
post Apr 12 2019, 04:33 PM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

Well, as I quote a colleague of mine " Stupid questions get stupid answers". If you have been more specific with you questions and did more research you would not have to get answers like that. Also, keep in mind that if I STFU you would not be getting any answers. Good luck and have fun diving.
munkeyflo
post Apr 12 2019, 04:51 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Apr 12 2019, 04:31 PM)
Thanks bro! will keep that in mind. Massage and alcohol not sooo important but just a plus point. For me I want to be able to enjoy the clear waters as much as possible. That is the priority!
Firstly, if you are interested in diving, you should be doing some research of your own already. So asking such a question will actually do get you such an answer. If you ask stupid questions anywhere else on the T&L subforum, you do get stupid answers. Just try japan thread and see lol.

Clear waters? Better wish on all your wishing stars for the most luck. Otherwise just go to Maldives. If you diving is always 40m visibility, think again. In langkawi and lumut, you probably can’t even see your hand sometimes.

Booze, massage and diving. Best to go Thailand. If tioman isn’t to your liking because of the roads, then most of the other islands aren’t suitable either. Fly to Thailand then.
air_mood
post Apr 13 2019, 05:08 PM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,146 posts

Anyone has experience with monkey dives or angel divers in Perhentian? Leaning towards these 2 for Perhentian at the end of this month.
chubbyqq
post Apr 15 2019, 09:24 PM

Casual
435 posts

Going to Bangkok in next 2 weeks, any dive shop intro? (Value for money)

Plan to get some shit: SMB, Torchlight, jet fin, dive com (preferably Suunto d6i novo?)

blackwhitechipsKL
post Apr 16 2019, 12:21 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(chubbyqq @ Apr 15 2019, 09:24 PM)

Plan to get some shit: SMB, Torchlight, jet fin, dive com (preferably Suunto d6i novo?)
why get in Bangkok when MIDE is around the corner?
chubbyqq
post Apr 16 2019, 08:52 AM

Casual
435 posts

QUOTE(blackwhitechipsKL @ Apr 16 2019, 12:21 AM)
why get in Bangkok when MIDE is around the corner?
But that week I'm not in msia noooooo
ukiya
post Apr 17 2019, 01:39 AM

* Hardcore Adventurer *
1,079 posts

QUOTE(chubbyqq @ Apr 15 2019, 09:24 PM)

Which part of Bangkok u r going? U can visit my dealer there in Nonthaburi beside Chatuchak area.
Generally all the shop in Bangkok are not tat cheap u know... except few.

Some of the stuff available in my store ... Suunto D6i Novo ... if u want, grab it b4 MIDE as free torch promotion still on, while stock last tho.
Drop me a PM if u need it ^^

If u r holiday in Bangkok until lets say, 15/16 tat week in May. Can drop by Thailand Dive Expo in BITEC. I'll be there as well represent some products biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ukiya: Apr 17 2019, 01:44 AM
chubbyqq
post Apr 19 2019, 10:54 AM

Casual
435 posts

QUOTE(ukiya @ Apr 17 2019, 01:39 AM)
Which part of Bangkok u r going? U can visit my dealer there in Nonthaburi beside Chatuchak area.
Generally all the shop in Bangkok are not tat cheap u know... except few.

Some of the stuff available in my store ... Suunto D6i Novo ... if u want, grab it b4 MIDE as free torch promotion still on, while stock last tho.
Drop me a PM if u need it ^^

If u r holiday in Bangkok until lets say, 15/16 tat week in May. Can drop by Thailand Dive Expo in BITEC. I'll be there as well represent some products  biggrin.gif
I probably won't pass by Chatuchak area and will not be in Bangkok till 15/16 May haiz

Thanks by the way!
zDarkForceSz
post Apr 22 2019, 07:37 AM

Regular
1,938 posts

Greetings to all sifu,

Just came back from Redang and looking forward to take my open water around klang valley area.

I already tryout Discover Scuba Diving at Redang. It's fun but I dunno how to swim + control my buoyancy. So planning to take the open water course at swimming pool so that I can practice more.

Any recommendations? I did some research and found Divers Den and Long Adventure.

Thanks in advance!
TSEvanSoon
post Apr 22 2019, 08:33 AM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(zDarkForceSz @ Apr 22 2019, 07:37 AM)
Greetings to all sifu,

Just came back from Redang and looking forward to take my open water around klang valley area.

I already tryout Discover Scuba Diving at Redang. It's fun but I dunno how to swim + control my buoyancy. So planning to take the open water course at swimming pool so that I can practice more.

Any recommendations? I did some research and found Divers Den and Long Adventure.

Thanks in advance!
Both of them are good. But I think Diver's Den is cheaper in price. Depends where you stay. Diver's Den allows students to use the pool unlimited times until you are certified. So you can clock in a lot of practice for buoyancy.

zDarkForceSz
post Apr 22 2019, 09:44 AM

Regular
1,938 posts

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Apr 22 2019, 08:33 AM)
Both of them are good. But I think Diver's Den is cheaper in price. Depends where you stay. Diver's Den allows students to use the pool unlimited times until you are certified. So you can clock in a lot of practice for buoyancy.
Thanks for the reply.
I staying in USJ, so both location is okay for me.
Dunno how to control my buoyancy bangwall.gif so need more practice
TSEvanSoon
post Apr 22 2019, 11:19 AM

Young and Sexy!
865 posts

QUOTE(zDarkForceSz @ Apr 22 2019, 09:44 AM)
Thanks for the reply.
I staying in USJ, so both location is okay for me.
Dunno how to control my buoyancy bangwall.gif  so need more practice
Buoyancy is not something that you can learn just like that. It takes time and practice. Basic knowledge and understanding is also needed.
Don't worry once you go through the course you can practice it on your own.

Which center is easier for you to access on the weekdays? Weekends are always packed so not as nice to practice. Keep that in mind.
zDarkForceSz
post Apr 22 2019, 12:24 PM

Regular
1,938 posts

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Apr 22 2019, 11:19 AM)
Buoyancy is not something that you can learn just like that. It takes time and practice. Basic knowledge and understanding is also needed.
Don't worry once you go through the course you can practice it on your own.

Which center is easier for you to access on the weekdays? Weekends are always packed so not as nice to practice. Keep that in mind.
Weekday will be abit difficult for me since my office hour is 9am-6pm.

154 Pages « < 88 89 90 91 92 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:50 PM