Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Scuba Divers Club v8.0, Feed the addiction

1qaz1qaz
post Today, 05:00 PM

What Are You Looking At???!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 18 2018, 10:46 AM)
Just came back from Bali

Did 2 wreck dive at Tulamben

my first shore & wreck dive, which is super awesome

was struggling at the beach to put on my fins, slippery pebble beach + waves doesn't help laugh.gif
but after a minute swimming thru a barren pebble sea bed, seeing the towering shadows of the bow is absolutely breathtaking for me

first dive is swim around the wreck, seen my first family of garden eels as well
went back to shore after 30 mins, as I wasn't certified, DM wanna let me get used to it first, he gave me 8 weights, which is a bit too much for the dive, I had a harder time to control my buoyancy

lunch at beach, rest a while, back to the wreck again, this time he reduced the weight to 6, and I had a better control this time round, but I did a noob mistake as I loose my fin at one point, cause I didn't secure it enough at the beach due to the wave. tongue.gif doh.gif
second dive we managed to see more fishes & corals, and even swam thru the broken hull, which is big enough for a beginner like me.  A we found a sea turtle in the hull as well thumbup.gif
this time we dived for 40mins with max depth of 19.5M
did a short brief decomp stop otw back, my first as well wink.gif

Overall, a very good unforgettable experience, total damage = RM450 all inclusive, with return private transportation from Sanur, lunch, mineral water, & equipment.

Very good DM with extensive experience as well, Pak Asa, he's one of the first few pioneer DM on the island since 1996

Bali Marine Diving (BMD) in Sanur, small little dive shop at the beach front, which I'll highly recommend if you're looking for dive package there.
wait what??? a non certified diver can dive and till 19m?
did the they even teach you basic stuff?
zstan
post Today, 05:01 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Ji3MOON @ Jun 18 2018, 04:54 PM)
If u want the cheapest get the Puck Pro  brows.gif yes its big..but trust me really help when underwater..and easy to use.. thumbup.gif i love mares puck pro design compare to suntoo zoop  rclxs0.gif
Those online stores i found no longer selling Puck Pro le. Only Puck Pro Plus.
Ji3MOON
post Today, 05:03 PM

Eat Sleep Dive Repeat

QUOTE(zstan @ Jun 18 2018, 05:01 PM)
u wan buy online? if u around Klang Valley can go rainbowrunner shop.. i think they still have stock.. biggrin.gif
EvanSoon
post Today, 05:04 PM

Young and Sexy!

QUOTE(Ji3MOON @ Jun 18 2018, 05:03 PM)
u wan buy online? if u around Klang Valley can go rainbowrunner shop.. i think they still have stock.. biggrin.gif
Budak tak baca thread.
Ji3MOON
post Today, 07:53 PM

Eat Sleep Dive Repeat

QUOTE(EvanSoon @ Jun 18 2018, 05:04 PM)
Budak tak baca thread.
rclxs0.gif
ukiya
post Today, 08:39 PM

* Hardcore Adventurer *

QUOTE(zstan @ Jun 18 2018, 05:01 PM)
PM Me if u want... I got both new and used units for sale cool2.gif
wKkaY
post Today, 09:54 PM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Jun 18 2018, 10:46 AM)
Just came back from Bali

Did 2 wreck dive at Tulamben

my first shore & wreck dive, which is super awesome
Glad you had an enjoyable trip!

What you did is called a "trust me" dive. Whether or not it's reckless depends on a lot of factors, and for me it isn't black and white.

I think it's fair to say that at some point most of us have done such dives, diving beyond the limits of our training and experience. Even the open water course itself - every dive undertaken is technically speaking beyond limits laugh.gif

The thing about trust me dives is that you are reliant on supervision, but the quality of the supervision isn't tested until problems happen. So the proper thing to do is become self-reliant for the environment you dive in - by seeking training, knowledge, practice, and experience.

65 Pages « < 63 64 65Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0347sec    5.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th June 2018 - 11:28 PM