Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone 7/7+ Thread | V7, This is 7

views

Queryz
post Jul 11 2019, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jun 28 2019, 08:02 AM)
I also do not plan to replace my 2 year old ip7 which I have handed down to my son. So far he is loving it coming from ip6. A battery change will be definite, its a matter of when. Most probably I will get it changed soon enough.
why my ip7+ fast drain battery ya? just bought from maxis.. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
Queryz
post Jul 12 2019, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jul 11 2019, 07:57 PM)
What year is your unit? Although you recently bought it from Maxis, it may be a old stock. That may be he reason the battery is failing.

Cross reference your iphones serial number with the image below to learn when the unit was manufactured. Serial no is in settings>about>Serial no.

[attachmentid=10282351]
wow i see.. so even the phone didnt use in packaging but the manufactured in 2016 the battery will fail?
Queryz
post Jul 12 2019, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jul 12 2019, 03:10 PM)
It may or may not fail due to the battery haven't been used for a long time. Its like those normal AAA, AA, etc l batteries that sells at supermarkets, they also have shelf life. If unused for a certain period, the chemicals in them degrade thus lost of performance. I remember shopping for a phone for my no 3 child. He wanted an iphone and I found an new old stock iphone 5S at a digi counter in Ampang. It was an unopened new unit but according to the seller, it was like 2 years sitting in the shelve. Anyway, he opened the box and tried to charge it, for almost 10 minutes plugged in nothing was happening to the phone. Then the apple logo came out, it was charging. I paid RM1.2k for that phone and I do remember that the battery didint last long. I had to change to another battery after about a year of usage. The last few months, my child kept complaining that it lost power too quickly than normal.
i see.. so the battery have their end life ya.. how many years battery can still good condition if unopenbox..
Queryz
post Jul 15 2019, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jul 13 2019, 12:16 AM)
Honestly I don't have any clue. But since you bought it new, the warranty would cover a failing battery. Have you check the 'Battery Performance %? I am sure the SC have equipment to check the physical performance of your battery.
saw the performance 100%.. i think some apps running in background..coz it got heated some time.. confused.gif confused.gif
Queryz
post Jul 16 2019, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jul 15 2019, 09:05 AM)
Does the phone gets hotter (when background apps running) than when its charging? Heat is energy, the more more it produces the more energy it gives out. There would be some cause for concern. Some apps do make the hp hotter than usual, those high intense graphic games are such examples, non-the less if it runs hot even in standby mode, it should be checked by a technician ASAP IMO.
i notice if im using potret camera i can feel its getting hot.. is that normal for using camera potret.. confused.gif
Queryz
post Jul 16 2019, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jul 16 2019, 10:06 AM)
Emmm, on mine, I only feel phone getting warm when I play high grapics games, on the phone on long periods, surfing the net (YT especially) for long durations. Short durations, like normal. BTW I am using Spigen Crystal hybrid case. I do use camera, but I have yet to encounter it to be running hotter than the norm.
hopefully got no defect one.. but stil got warranty can claim 1 to 1 right?
Queryz
post Jul 17 2019, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(jumpstat @ Jul 16 2019, 04:01 PM)
Best get it checked by authorised service centre ASAP bro, it may be nothing but to be safe.
ya need to check with service center..
Queryz
post Jul 22 2019, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(rai_fuzz @ Jul 17 2019, 11:28 AM)
Be prepared though, if there is any problem, it will take a long time to be ready and you will have to leave the phone there.
zzz they nothing happened. all goin smooth like charm.. ranting.gif ranting.gif now just us as it is.. bangwall.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0688sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:01 PM