Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digi Infinite Fan Club [V3], Infinite 150, 100, 80

views

kaiserreich
post Jul 13 2017, 12:56 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 13 2017, 10:38 AM)
Just received my B315s-22 and setup it up to test the capabilities. After speedtest, the average speed I get is around 4Mbps for the router but can get faster speed using phone. The 4G signal strength always maintain at 1-2 bars (lucky enough to get 3 bars but only a short while) even with external antenna (I did change antenna settings to External from Auto in router page), I notice with or without external antenna no improvement for the signal strength.

Speedtest using B315s:
user posted imageuser posted image

Speedtest using phone:
user posted image

Both test at same spot where I placed the router.
Is that normal for phone getting faster speed and signal strength?

B315s-22 outlook:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What phone are you using?
Maybe your phone has 4G+ ?

QUOTE(alna1988 @ Jul 13 2017, 12:30 PM)
Hi all sifus and mastaa of the i150 league.

attach is coverage for 4G LTE-A, unluckly my current house just a few steps from the 4 G LTE-A

Worth to subscribe?

Or will i get a "sipi sipi" 4GLTE-A? Ha3
People here will tell you to try with prepaid. And you should.
I am in the same situation as you, 1 blind spot in a sea of 4G+ coverage. That means coverage is poor.
The speed I get with that '88dbi' antenna is about 12Mbps in morning. During heavy congestion time, B3 is unusable, B7 gets 4-5Mbps.
This is acceptable for me as the alternative is 4Mbps streamyx.

It falls back to you to try it and figure out whether the speed is acceptable to you or not,

kaiserreich
post Jul 14 2017, 10:43 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(stranger88 @ Jul 14 2017, 10:27 AM)
my house area digi coverage getting weak, don't know what is digi doing. from 4 bars to 3bars, recently only 2 bars.

might just terminate this plan soon, can't replace my streamyx.
Maybe Digi is doing maintenance on that tower that you are connected to.

For my case, I have a B3 Tower that I always connect to. For the past few days it did not work.
Moved my modem to the living room to connect to another B7 tower. Surprisingly that B7 tower got somewhat upgraded with and I was able to get CA, almost doubling the speed.
kaiserreich
post Jul 14 2017, 10:52 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

Does DIGI perform any traffic shaping on VPN?

My company VPN is very slow with Digi. But if I use other telco, the response is better.
I usually connect to the VPN, then remote Desktop to another work PC.
I get 26ms pings at speed tests with non-Digi but Malaysian server. But Remote Desktop via VPN is quite a pain with this telco.

This post has been edited by kaiserreich: Jul 14 2017, 10:53 AM
kaiserreich
post Jul 14 2017, 04:19 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 14 2017, 01:16 PM)
Easier to measure with the Huawei Toolbox.
Placing the router at the balcony and not getting better signal could mean that there are no good towers near your balcony.

Try using open signal/network signal info app to locate your Tower, then point towards it. That works better.

Also, I found that having the front side of the CPE facing the tower works better than behind. I think there are internal antennas in the CPE. Anyone can verify my claim?
kaiserreich
post Jul 14 2017, 07:22 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 14 2017, 06:57 PM)
Speed is good when it's good but not as stable as 4Mbps StreamMax. After tested by connecting with Smart TV to watch YouTube, 10% of the time it buffers and resolution keep auto adjusted, some times even down to 360p. Even 4Mbps StreamMax can maintain at 720p with other usage, but not as bad as Digi.
Yes, I am using Network Signal Info to location the tower location which is facing the balcony's direction. Do the cell locations in the app accurate?
Another thing that I discovered is the placement / angle of the SMA external antenna when I'm using it inside. I am putting it 45°-60° facing outwards which improves the signal to 3-4 bars, when I put the antenna up right 90° immediately the signal drop to 1 bar but anyone can verify my claim? hmm.gif
Sometimes not accurate.
45deg polarization. Blacktubi recommend that a lot.

Can you try look for another tower to see if that one is less congested?
kaiserreich
post Jul 17 2017, 06:11 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jul 15 2017, 02:33 PM)
Seems like Huawei Toolbox and LTEWatch does not support B315s? I can't read the dBm readings instead of indicator bar to measure accurately.
user posted image

Added on
Cell info also not available for both Huawei Toolbox and LTEWatch icon_question.gif
Sorry. I meant use Network Cell Info App.
Scan for the towers around your area. Better yet, drive around and the towers should pop out on the map.

I found out that apparently, there are plenty of towers around my building, but there is 1 with clear Line of Sight to my balcony.
I pointed my antenna towards that and is getting 4 bars B3+B7 (14- 15Mbps during peak period.s). Previously I get 3 bars on B3 (16Mbps morning, 8 Mbps during peak periods)

kaiserreich
post Jul 19 2017, 03:49 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(Neomax3 @ Jul 19 2017, 03:48 PM)
fruitie mind telling which oneplus 3 that supports Digi's 4G+?
Official brightstar sets.
kaiserreich
post Jul 19 2017, 08:51 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(surefire v LED @ Jul 19 2017, 06:18 PM)
My old setup now become shelf queen.
Good old days for Biz68

What antenna is that?
kaiserreich
post Jul 23 2017, 12:22 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(Neomax3 @ Jul 22 2017, 11:39 PM)
one of it I believe is Huawei Nova Lite.. RM700 before discounts/code.. Cat6 modem
Netgear is good with its qualcomm chipset and considered cheaper than huawei.. what worries me it does not have any tool box or software than can lock to bands that we needed unlike huawei.. at least what I have know..
does nova lite support B3+B7 CA?
Later just intraband CA like RN3 rclxub.gif
kaiserreich
post Jul 23 2017, 11:09 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

What happened to a person who bought the signal booster?
Does it work well?
kaiserreich
post Jul 27 2017, 08:34 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(Neomax3 @ Jul 26 2017, 04:45 PM)
you should if your place is surround or near lte-a area..
in my case the story a bit funny.. my place is 4th floor flat.. not even an LTE-A area in digi website.. tested with my Mi Max able to get around 17Mbps.. tested with MR3420 + E3272 can get around 20 to 30Mbps.. last night tested with Samsung A7 with 3CA.. able to get 52Mbps.. the funny part is that the signal will show 4G+ in the midlle of the house not near window which I found it as amusing  biggrin.gif
Signal is cleaner.
More interference near the window.

For my case, speed improves with windows shut, and placed inside the house with MIMO antenna facing the base station.
If MIMO antenna place at balcony, speed drops.
kaiserreich
post Jul 28 2017, 02:39 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(AmeiN @ Jul 28 2017, 12:41 PM)
anyone using this type cheapskate antenna? Can see signal improvement?

user posted image
Omni antenna does not give good improvement compared to directional.
Best to save your money and get the MIMO.

Most people see good improvement.

QUOTE(wanttobuylaptop @ Jul 28 2017, 01:23 PM)
If under 4g only possible get this speed or I get ninja 4g+?

Possible to get this speed if you are close to the base station with 4G only

QUOTE(BBXiong @ Jul 28 2017, 02:28 PM)

Note that it says LTE Cat-6, and on the LTE it also says it supports 2CA, that means it will be supporting 4G+.
Even if it says 2CA, still need to see what bands it supports.
Phones like One Plus 3 says 2CA, but the China sets don't support Malaysian 4G+
kaiserreich
post Jul 29 2017, 01:11 AM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(Codroy @ Jul 28 2017, 03:05 PM)
Ahhh..good..Thanks.
Digi using band 3 & 7 right?
In one plus 3 china set case, it support band 3, and band 7 individually, but it does not support Band 3 + 7 together
QUOTE(HongKi @ Jul 28 2017, 11:40 PM)
Anyone having any problem with the ping when gaming?

speed slow and ping 233 sad.gif
aim your router to another base station/tower
kaiserreich
post Jul 29 2017, 01:08 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(stranger88 @ Jul 29 2017, 10:53 AM)
oh, then not much improvement  sad.gif
Need to scan for base station and aim your antenna directly towards it.
Can use network cell info app to locate the base station around your house.

This post has been edited by kaiserreich: Jul 29 2017, 01:09 PM
kaiserreich
post Aug 6 2017, 11:40 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(suilow1991 @ Aug 6 2017, 09:59 PM)
Let's not get disappointed so early, try it out. Apparently my 61a select LTE-A band when i changed the network band to automatic in the toolbox software.  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
Not sure where comes the rumor that 61a cannot support CA, may be because most people here are using the 22a variant.

user posted image
Can select doesn't mean that it works.
61a does not support B3+B7 CA.

This post has been edited by kaiserreich: Aug 6 2017, 11:41 PM
kaiserreich
post Aug 8 2017, 11:39 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(pmg @ Aug 8 2017, 10:13 PM)
I do.

The above was taken from a PC connected via wired LAN to a Huawei B310s-22a (CAT 4, max 150 Mbps)

I discovered that the connection "improved" somewhat after 4 AM . Come 8 or 9 AM, its snail pace again. I often download games via Steam which tracks download speeds over time.

Needless to say, with this kind of performance, online gaming between 9 PM - 1 AM is out of the question.

There are cell towers near Taman Bukit Jalil & Sri Petaling whereby fast.com reported a speed of around 30 Mbps off my CAT4 Asus ZenFone 2 phone. Of course I can't test the speed at these locations with that Huawei B310s-22a due to logistic issues (i.e. where to find power supply ?).
What band are you on?
Install network cell info app on your phone and look for cell towers nearby. Aim your antenna towards those cell towers, check from huawei toolbox, the Cell-ID. Note the congested cell towers. Restart CPE regularly whenever you detect that the congested cell towers are connected.

I can detect about 4 cell towers at a 120degree angle from my balcony. There are cell towers around 1-2km from my balcony. The best one is the furthest. It is located around a lesser populated area and also near a highway.

2 of them are shit, Band3/7, 1 of them works great at Band3, 1 of them at band7. Whenever I find that the bad cell tower is connected, I restart the CPE and most of the time, the good cell tower is connected.

QUOTE(wanttobuylaptop @ Aug 8 2017, 11:05 PM)
i think ur situation will improve greatly if you are using modem capable of lte-A.
not only it will improve the speed, also the ping will be a lot of better.
think of 2 way lane and 4 way lane on the road.
Upgrading to Lte-A is costly and does not reliably yield good results
Best method, most of us here find, is still tweaking between band 3 / band 7, and adding the MIMO antenna.

This post has been edited by kaiserreich: Aug 8 2017, 11:41 PM
kaiserreich
post Aug 12 2017, 10:12 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(pmg @ Aug 12 2017, 08:46 PM)
hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif Odd ... a reverse antenna ?

Yeah, you likely won't be needing that antenna then
It's a directional antenna, aim it wrongly and you will end up getting worse results.

kaiserreich
post Aug 25 2017, 12:51 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(pmg @ Aug 25 2017, 11:27 AM)
Good for you.

That is a far cry from my 3 Mbps offpeak & 500 kbps peak hours speeds in Bandar Bukit Jalil. Before some troll wants to retort, yes there is no Unifi here and no, I didn't exceed 1 TB in the last few months
Did you manage to aim antenna at other towers or locate further base stations?

kaiserreich
post Aug 25 2017, 01:50 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(pmg @ Aug 25 2017, 01:17 PM)
Tried the relocate antenna thingy. My B310 can't be made to latch onto a specific cell tower, only bands I.e. 3,7&8 . I can set it to LTE only though, but the speed is still poor. All these done using the Huawei toolbox windows application.

Wish I can get back the proper speed I used to have when I subscribed in the first month ...
Download the app called network cell info, go to Map tab and locate the base station around your house. The GPS location is usually off by a bit, if you have time to drive around and find out the physical location, it will help with your aim. Try to locate base stations within 2km radius of your house. If it is near lesser populated area it will be less congested. If you have a rooted phone, download Network Signal Guru when you are nearby the base station, helps to tell you what Cell ID is the base station. Each base station has their unique Cell ID. Some base station Cell ID support multiple bands, some base stations only have 1 band.

I found that placing antenna with windows closed can help to filter out the noise outside. If I place the antenna at the balcony, I get connected to shitty base stations. With Yagi antenna attached, the signal is so noisy that I cannot get a lock. If I place it inside,with windows closed but antenna correctly aimed, I get connected to my preferred base station. My antenna is now beside the sofa aimed to the base station in my living room. Luckily for my case, I live high enough that the physical base station is visible from my balcony near a lesser populated area. Does not make for a tidy environment, but I don't get many visitors.

The difference is between connecting to a 1-2 bar , and 4 bar base station.

If you try all this and you still cannot get a good base station, there is another trick. Go inside your house and aim it to the other side. i.e. opposite of your balcony, maybe in the room or your kitchen or wherever. It does not need to be near a window. Because there are so many walls in between you and the Base station, B3 would be a better choice, but no harm checking out B7 as well. Room corners serve as a natural antenna and can help to reflect the signal to your CPE but YMMV. Once you found the sweet spot, place it around your room for optimum signal strength. From what I tried, if my antenna was placed in the room corner near at the room closest to the Apartment entrance, I got 3 bar with 10Mbps ish on B3. The base station was a good 2km away!

Adjusting the antenna placement with the Huawei Toolbox only helps with your antenna orientation by noting the SINR and RSRQ numbers. Usually it does not jump to another base station until you restart the modem.

All my experiments are attempted on the E5786 with the MIMO antenna.

kaiserreich
post Aug 27 2017, 10:08 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

Finally I get 15Mhz B3 in my area and my speed improved from 10Mbps ish to 22Mbps.
Bad thing, I am noticing the non mobile device throttling that you all were talking about.

Streaming the same video on iPad at 1440p, smooth like butter, but i can only get smooth streaming at 1080p on desktop, and it seems to be capped around 4-6Mbps

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2016sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 PM