Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Oil & Gas Careers V12 - Upstream & Downstream, Market still slump, slow, snail pace...

views

ZZMsia
post Oct 13 2021, 09:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,905 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Oct 13 2021, 08:32 AM)
Got one recruiter asking my cv for the Misc vacancy. Sent already, ask what the status, Recruiter said still no feedback from misc eventhough asking for urgent and possible to get less notice period
Yeah exact same thing happened to me and a few friends.

Request for "urgent" but then after 1 month CV still under review.

A friend of mine, after the 1month +, he received other job already.

iamyourdaddy27
post Oct 14 2021, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

Have ya'll heard new pre-qualification is out for Limbayong on 13 October? shocking.gif

I wonder if all previous bidders are involved once again?

This post has been edited by iamyourdaddy27: Oct 14 2021, 10:08 AM
ZZMsia
post Oct 14 2021, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,905 posts

QUOTE(iamyourdaddy27 @ Oct 14 2021, 10:07 AM)
Have ya'll heard new pre-qualification is out for Limbayong on 13 October?  shocking.gif

I wonder if all previous bidders are involved once again?
Confirmed news from inside one of the main bidders team.

iamyourdaddy27
post Oct 14 2021, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Oct 14 2021, 11:44 AM)
Confirmed news from inside one of the main bidders team.
Heard SIP will participate once again

MISC no news yet

Yinson not interested but probably would just participate for the sake of showing support. Yinson proposed zero flaring solution previously, but its too expensive. It would affect Yinson flaring net zero target by 2030.

Bumi armada also no news

Looks like bestari oil has nothing to do with this new round of pre-qualifications....its the same old Limbayong like previously.

Anyone know of the key major changes in this round?
Rorschach85
post Oct 15 2021, 11:13 AM

44 posts

Dialog epcic sudah kick start?
xxxdhonamaria
post Oct 17 2021, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Oct 8 2021, 10:50 AM)
MALAYSIAN national oil company Petronas has suffered a setback on its first deep-water oilfield development in Malaysia, and in the process has unsettled the contracting sector.
Four Malaysian bidding groups are competing forthe contract to provide a floating production, storage and offloading vessel for Limbayong, as the development is known.

The four are Yinson Holdings, MISC, Sabah International Petroleum (SIP) and Bumi Armada — the latter acting in partnership with compatriot MTC and India's Shapoorji Pallonji.

A lucrative lease and operate contract is up for grabs with a firm 12-year period, plus a pair of options each for three years and another for two years.

Sabah International was said to be in a favourable position to land the contract even though the other contenders were still in the race.

However, according to multiple market sources in Kuala Lumpur, the bidding exercise has been suspended.

Most of these sources expected a completely new invitation to tender to be issued soon, although some suggested that the suspension was more of a delay than a re-bid, allowing Petronas to address procedural issues. Petronas did not respond to a request from Upstream for an update on the Limbayong project, which the corporation thrust into the spotlight in June this year when it held a ceremony to mark a significant subsea equipment contract to TechnipFMC.

With TechnipFMC already working on its contract, and Petronas having previously extended the validity of the FPSO bids to the end of October, there were few suggestions that the project has actually been cancelled.

However, high-ranking Kuala Lumpur-based sources suggested a political clash of heads with the state of Sabah is having a direct impact on the FPSO contest.
Sabah state government has been pushing for greater participation and local content in projects in its own waters.
Issuing a new tender will require urgent discussions to take place on how to move forward, said sources. One unexpected solution that sources raised was that the nearby Bestari oil discovery, which was earmarked as a tie-in field to Limbayong, might host the FPSO instead of Limbayong.
The final investment decision for Bestari is due soon, and sources suggested that developing Bestari first could deliver a better economic outcome.

The Limbayong FPSO — as per the original tender specifications — was to offer production capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of liquids, including 40,000 bpd of
oil, plus about 180 million cubic feet per day of associated gas. Water injection facilities for up to 75,000 bpd would also be
included. The floater was expected to have nameplate storage capacity of 600,000 barrels of oil.
Meanwhile, contenders to supply the external turret for the Limbayong FPSO included Bluewater, SOFEC, National Oilwell
Varco and London Marine Consultants.
As expected, when the UM** got their power back
flying_duck
post Oct 18 2021, 12:20 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

Is O&G restoring now..?
Saw recruitment ads from ExxonMobil recruiting for their IT positions, such as software developer, system engineer etc.
How is the ExxonMobil IT?
ZZMsia
post Oct 18 2021, 01:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,905 posts

QUOTE(flying_duck @ Oct 18 2021, 12:20 AM)
Is O&G restoring now..?
Saw recruitment ads from ExxonMobil recruiting for their IT positions, such as software developer, system engineer etc.
How is the ExxonMobil IT?
I have a friend that recently joined exxonmobil as engineer (supporting overseas assets for onshore plant).
She said permanent and good offer

flying_duck
post Oct 18 2021, 02:02 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Oct 18 2021, 01:04 PM)
I have a friend that recently joined exxonmobil as engineer (supporting overseas assets for onshore plant).
She said permanent and good offer
I see, thanks for the info! The IT developer role I mentioned is permanent position too.
Hopefully the same applies to their IT roles too. biggrin.gif
ZZMsia
post Oct 18 2021, 03:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,905 posts

QUOTE(flying_duck @ Oct 18 2021, 02:02 PM)
I see, thanks for the info! The IT developer role I mentioned is permanent position too.
Hopefully the same applies to their IT roles too. biggrin.gif
So far she said it is a good new environment

Endeavour
post Oct 18 2021, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

anyone have any insights to be shared on working culture at petronas dagangan?
contestchris
post Oct 22 2021, 09:11 AM

Regular
1,871 posts

https://www.upstreamonline.com/exclusive/pe...est/2-1-1084038

Petronas retenders Limbayong FPSO prize after abrupt cancellation of first contest

New prequalification comes less than a fortnight after prior bid exercise was scrapped

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th October 2021 - 05:09 AM