Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
318 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Oil & Gas Careers V12 - Upstream & Downstream, Market still slump, slow, snail pace...

views

Stamp
post Nov 22 2018, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Nov 22 2018, 08:34 AM)
My friend from there. He said cost of living super high. Must cook.
Stavanger, one of the most expensive oil&gas city in the world! For one cup of coffee there, you can buy one bottle of Nescafé gold in Msia!

This post has been edited by Stamp: Nov 22 2018, 09:24 AM
DuFfz
post Nov 22 2018, 01:23 PM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Nov 22 2018, 09:23 AM)
I was that client biggrin.gif last 1-2 years. We had to work with the subcontractor directly as the offshore installation was already behind schedule and having an extra layer between us and the subcontractor would've made communications far more difficult. Yes I did keep the EPCIC in the loop in all communications, legality is one thing, but we kept reminding all the stakeholders involved that the main objective for everyone is to finish the project on time so that everyone can get paid. If me contacting the subcontractor directly would get work done on time and under budget, then that's what we would do. On the subcon side, they dutifully reported back to the EPCIC all they did.

There were tense situations, EPCIC wanted to overcharge us a few million USD for work that was actually done without adding man days to the already packed schedule. Happily nobody was offended for long and I enjoyed eating kimchi  biggrin.gif
Carefull, some might view it as conflict of interest.
ZZMsia
post Nov 22 2018, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

Anybody knows what happened to the oil and gas scomi? Or is it the same one?

Deputy minister 'shocked' by Scomi workers' no pay complaint
ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

The Human Resource Ministry today said it was "shocked" by claims by workers of Scomi Engineering Bhd (SEB) that they have not been paid their salaries for six months.

Deputy Minister Mahfuz Omar said the non-payment of salaries by employers for such a long period of time was an offence under Section 19 of the Workers Act.

"I watched the press conference by the workers of Scomi Engineering Bhd this morning and I was shocked.

"Under the act, salaries are meant to be paid not later than the seventh of every month. Workers don't have to wait for six months before lodging a complaint," Astro Awani quoted Mahfuz (below) as saying.

He added he has been made to understand the workers had lodged a report at the Labour Department in Rawang and action was expected to be taken soon.

"Unfortunately, Scomi Engineering does not have a workers' union. That is perhaps why they had to act by themselves. We have to look at what had stopped them from having a union in the first place."

At the press conference, the affected workers called for their employer's parent company to act immediately on the matter.

Some of them were reported to be in dire straits to the extent of having to get by by cutting grass or working as e-hailing drivers.

No compromise

The group's spokesperson, Saiful Affendee Mohd Rais claimed that more than 100 workers of the engineering company have not been paid their cumulative salaries, estimated to be around RM1.8 million, since last June.

He also claimed their employer had been deducting the workers' salaries for EPF contributions but not depositing them into their EPF accounts since January last year.

"We have lodged reports against our employers both individually and by groups but the company has failed to settle our salary payments.

"The workers are now being hounded by the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) and banks for pending payments," he revealed.

The episode has rendered most of the workers unable to live normal lives, he said.

"Some had to surrender the ownership of their vehicles, houses or pawn their belongings just to get by and there are several of us on the verge of being declared bankrupts.

"We urge the parent company (Scomi Group Bhd) pay serious attention to our plight and pay us immediately. We will not settle for a compromise and will not work for the company until our demands are met," said Saiful, a veteran of 27 years at SEB.

He hoped the government would intervene in the matter but not blacklist the company so that it can settle its dues to the employees (some seen above).

TSmohdyakup
post Nov 23 2018, 01:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,287 posts

Scomi Energy (O&G) & Scomi Engineering is two different subsidiaries & entity.
alvinkhorfire
post Nov 23 2018, 04:43 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions and providing useful advices, Stamp and tishaban. notworthy.gif thumbup.gif

As we all know during offshore installation, there are many ways to complete offshore works, depending on which factor you prioritize, be it cost, methods, and so on.

In my previous example, the client site representative is frustrated that the main contractor refuse to listen to his advice on how to get offshore works done, despite numerous discussions with the main contractor. Subsequently, the client site representative issues site instructions to subcontractor, running the show on the offshore site, so that the offshore works are done based on his preferred style of doing things.

Although it is wrong to violate the contract and subcontract, the main contractor may not be able to prevent it, since offending the client site representative may result in the client site representative refusing to sign the daily progress records, hampering the payment claim to be sent by the main contractor to the client in the future.

Anyway, Stamp sums it nicely, by saying that:"diplomacy and constant communication are vital to ensure that the interests of all parties in a job are served properly and protected." I will keep this great advice in mind. smile.gif

This post has been edited by alvinkhorfire: Nov 23 2018, 04:46 AM
Stamp
post Nov 23 2018, 08:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ Nov 22 2018, 09:00 PM)
Anybody knows what happened to the oil and gas scomi? Or is it the same one?

Deputy minister 'shocked' by Scomi workers' no pay complaint
ranting.gif  ranting.gif  ranting.gif  ranting.gif  ranting.gif

The Human Resource Ministry today said it was "shocked" by claims by workers of Scomi Engineering Bhd (SEB) that they have not been paid their salaries for six months.

Deputy Minister Mahfuz Omar said the non-payment of salaries by employers for such a long period of time was an offence under Section 19 of the Workers Act.

"I watched the press conference by the workers of Scomi Engineering Bhd this morning and I was shocked.

"Under the act, salaries are meant to be paid not later than the seventh of every month. Workers don't have to wait for six months before lodging a complaint," Astro Awani quoted Mahfuz (below) as saying.

He added he has been made to understand the workers had lodged a report at the Labour Department in Rawang and action was expected to be taken soon.

"Unfortunately, Scomi Engineering does not have a workers' union. That is perhaps why they had to act by themselves. We have to look at what had stopped them from having a union in the first place."

At the press conference, the affected workers called for their employer's parent company to act immediately on the matter.
Some of them were reported to be in dire straits to the extent of having to get by by cutting grass or working as e-hailing drivers.

No compromise

The group's spokesperson, Saiful Affendee Mohd Rais claimed that more than 100 workers of the engineering company have not been paid their cumulative salaries, estimated to be around RM1.8 million, since last June.

He also claimed their employer had been deducting the workers' salaries for EPF contributions but not depositing them into their EPF accounts since January last year.

"We have lodged reports against our employers both individually and by groups but the company has failed to settle our salary payments.

"The workers are now being hounded by the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) and banks for pending payments," he revealed.

The episode has rendered most of the workers unable to live normal lives, he said.

"Some had to surrender the ownership of their vehicles, houses or pawn their belongings just to get by and there are several of us on the verge of being declared bankrupts.
"We urge the parent company (Scomi Group Bhd) pay serious attention to our plight and pay us immediately. We will not settle for a compromise and will not work for the company until our demands are met," said Saiful, a veteran of 27 years at SEB.

He hoped the government would intervene in the matter but not blacklist the company so that it can settle its dues to the employees (some seen above).
There’s another well known problematic bumi oil&gas company, Arma*a TP*E, which renegades in paying staff salaries for months.

I wonder how the CEO sleeps at night knowing his staff and their families are scrambling for every crumbs of the breads to survive. What a prick!

This post has been edited by Stamp: Nov 23 2018, 01:07 PM
naqib0307
post Nov 23 2018, 03:12 PM

Enthusiast
723 posts

There's one company took half their staff's allowance for offshore/onshore. Paid by client to this company. Happened to one of my friend. Is it normal?
ZZMsia
post Nov 23 2018, 09:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(Stamp @ Nov 22 2018, 08:49 PM)
There’s another well known problematic bumi oil&gas company, Arma*a TP*E, which renegades in paying staff salaries for months.

I wonder how the CEO sleeps at night knowing his staff and their families are scrambling for every crumbs of the breads to survive. What a prick!
My colleague from there. It seems they really underquote one job from a foreign operator (which bought a field in Tganu). From that, their losses started. Lot of their staff left tat company and their miri project got pulled away if not mistaken (this one under NOC).

jimbet1337
post Nov 23 2018, 09:07 PM

meh
2,393 posts

So Armada TPCE out of business already?
Stamp
post Nov 23 2018, 10:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

Brent Crude fell below USD60!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...bal-supply-glut
ZZMsia
post Nov 24 2018, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(Stamp @ Nov 23 2018, 10:50 AM)
Yes, 58.8.
Hope they don't start another crisis again. Lots will be unemployed and the whole cycle begins sad.gif

tishaban
post Nov 24 2018, 11:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

DJIA, Nasdaq, commodities, BTC all are falling in tandem. It's not specific to crude. Not great for the global economy in general.

Stamp
post Nov 24 2018, 07:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

Black Friday aftermaths?
jimbet1337
post Nov 24 2018, 09:00 PM

meh
2,393 posts

https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com...impression=true
McF7y
post Nov 26 2018, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

What are the thoughts of the experts regarding the drop of the oil price which was steadying/hovering around the USD70 mark and expected to increase gradually for the remainder of the year and then into 2019?

Next year looked like the year that drilling activities will pick up again and that may still continue but I'm worried too.
meonkutu11
post Nov 26 2018, 10:18 AM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(McF7y @ Nov 26 2018, 09:39 AM)
Next year looked like the year that drilling activities will pick up again and that may still continue but I'm worried too.
Heard from my friend, Shell and Murphy will start their deepwater campaign next year. But not sure short or long program.

Stamp
post Nov 26 2018, 12:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(meonkutu11 @ Nov 26 2018, 10:18 AM)
Heard from my friend, Shell and Murphy will start their deepwater campaign next year. But not sure short or long program.
Heard Murphy is ditching its Msia fields (except the deep water ones).
yunodie
post Nov 26 2018, 01:11 PM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(Stamp @ Nov 26 2018, 12:59 PM)
Heard Murphy is ditching its Msia fields (except the deep water ones).
Already sold a big stake of their Kikeh Field to Pertamina. Not sure about SNP or Sarawak fields.

Shell drilling in Sabah Deepwater now.
McF7y
post Nov 26 2018, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(meonkutu11 @ Nov 26 2018, 10:18 AM)
Thanks for the feedback. Overall, I guess the 'wait and see' approach is in play?
mhyug
post Nov 26 2018, 05:44 PM

Regular
1,524 posts

QUOTE(McF7y @ Nov 26 2018, 09:39 AM)
What are the thoughts of the experts regarding the drop of the oil price which was steadying/hovering around the USD70 mark and expected to increase gradually for the remainder of the year and then into 2019?

still the same outlook as when it all started. whereby price goes up production goes up. who wants to loose ground.

so what ever the price now is the norm for the foreseeable future. 50-60 is the new 80.

318 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 PM