Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
318 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Oil & Gas Careers V12 - Upstream & Downstream, Market still slump, slow, snail pace...

views

ZZMsia
post May 28 2018, 08:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(contestchris @ May 21 2018, 10:34 AM)
I'm just curious, O&G especially on fabricator side business still slow? I looked at an opportunity at MMHE at the start of the year, but I think they decided to not hire anyone for that position.
They didnt win many projects now...I think only bokor..starting feb soon after raya..

QUOTE(sangarjuna @ May 23 2018, 10:47 AM)
Hello sifus, just to clear something. inside plant (oil gas/power plant), maintenance of safety valve/relief valve, shall fall under which department? mechanical or instrument?

From what i understand, it should fall under mechanical dept, but i have encountered case where instrument team (engineering consultant) taking care of the specification stuff.
On this matter, its instrument discipline..

sangarjuna
post May 30 2018, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(ZZMsia @ May 28 2018, 09:57 PM)
They didnt win many projects now...I think only bokor..starting feb soon after raya..
On this matter, its instrument discipline..
thanks. i was thinking it should fall under mechanical, reason being it works mechanically. a direct acting spring that keeping the valve close and only open when there is overpressure. plus it mostly used to safeguard pressurized mechanical equipment (unfired pressure vessel and boiler) where both are under mechanical jurisdiction. in fact, the spec that mostly followed to manufacture the safety valve is from ASME. wondering why it falls under instrument
poosk
post May 31 2018, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Enter 2nd half of the year. Hope petronas faster in awarding out projects.
jimbet1337
post May 31 2018, 03:04 PM

meh
2,393 posts

QUOTE(poosk @ May 31 2018, 01:02 PM)
Heard anything yet?
Stamp
post May 31 2018, 11:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,782 posts

QUOTE(poosk @ May 31 2018, 01:02 PM)
when Brent crude is over USD80 and stays above the level for months?
Lubis
post Jun 1 2018, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ May 31 2018, 03:04 PM)
Heard anything yet?
heard kasawari is back and the ITB coming out soon
langstrasse
post Jun 1 2018, 11:09 PM

~ Have a Vice day ~
1,511 posts

To the experienced people in here notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif :
How many years of experience is generally recommended for those considering the shift from permanent positions to contract positions ?

From what I see, the pros for each case :
Permanent Staff : Medical benefits, allowance for accommodation & transport, stock options, career progression (assuming good relationship / cable with management). Slightly lower chance of getting cut during bad times.

Contract Staff : Higher (even astronomically high) take home pay, and the flexibility to choose how to spend it (not everyone wants stock options etc).

nakjadiDE
post Jun 4 2018, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(langstrasse @ Jun 1 2018, 11:09 PM)
To the experienced people in here  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif :
How many years of experience is generally recommended for those considering the shift from permanent positions to contract positions ?

From what I see, the pros for each case :
Permanent Staff : Medical benefits, allowance for accommodation & transport, stock options, career progression (assuming good relationship / cable with management). Slightly lower chance of getting cut during bad times.

Contract Staff : Higher (even astronomically high) take home pay, and the flexibility to choose how to spend it (not everyone wants stock options etc).
I am no experienced person, but I know a lot of them who jumped to be a contract staff under Carimin etc.

what you mentioned above is correct, they do bring home fancy pay - ive seen per DAY rm7500 bangwall.gif

They told me once you have at least 15 years, go out there and make money. so i assume 15?

ben3003
post Jun 5 2018, 09:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

QUOTE(nakjadiDE @ Jun 4 2018, 10:20 AM)
I am no experienced person, but I know a lot of them who jumped to be a contract staff under Carimin etc.

what you mentioned above is correct, they do bring home fancy pay - ive seen per DAY rm7500  bangwall.gif

They told me once you have at least 15 years, go out there and make money. so i assume 15?
in Oil n Gas ppl tends to favor years of experience, waaay more than other industries. Why? because years experience corelates to what u have seen and experience especially at site. Because even u study for 15 yrs, a guy with 5yrs field exp can makan u die die. There are things u cannot solve by books, there are safety critical things u never experience by seeing on books. Experienced guy can make good critical judgement and mitigation based on the scenario he/she had experienced before. However, not everyone is the same tho, depends on how u sell urself. Have you seen riggers with rm1k per day? Or DCC 1.5k per day? Well, that happened in Gumusut project, but now with Petronas interfering most project due to costs, i think no more such ridiculuos price.

That's why they can get that kind of pay especially in big major projects like gumusut malikai.This kind of rate u can never get it if u are a permanent staff which is very true. That's why Shell save cost by cutting off all these contract staff with astronomical pay and replace them with their regular staffs.

nakjadiDE
post Jun 5 2018, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Jun 5 2018, 09:03 AM)
in Oil n Gas ppl tends to favor years of experience, waaay more than other industries. Why? because years experience corelates to what u have seen and experience especially at site. Because even u study for 15 yrs, a guy with 5yrs field exp can makan u die die. There are things u cannot solve by books, there are safety critical things u never experience by seeing on books. Experienced guy can make good critical judgement and mitigation based on the scenario he/she had experienced before. However, not everyone is the same tho, depends on how u sell urself. Have you seen riggers with rm1k per day? Or DCC 1.5k per day? Well, that happened in Gumusut project, but now with Petronas interfering most project due to costs, i think no more such ridiculuos price.

That's why they can get that kind of pay especially in big major projects like gumusut malikai.This kind of rate u can never get it if u are a permanent staff which is very true. That's why Shell save cost by cutting off all these contract staff with astronomical pay and replace them with their regular staffs.
Good sharing. thumbup.gif

the one that i saw with good pay of 7500 MYR happened when the oil price at 120 $ + he is in the drilling line. I heard drilling will pay you differently
ben3003
post Jun 5 2018, 04:22 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

QUOTE(nakjadiDE @ Jun 5 2018, 03:43 PM)
Good sharing.  thumbup.gif

the one that i saw with good pay of 7500 MYR happened when the oil price at 120 $ + he is in the drilling line. I heard drilling will pay you differently
yes but construction of those major projects u get handsomely paid too for even rigger job. Drilling is overall u get very well paid due to high risk involved, same goes to diver or rov operators.

But i got a fren working in carigali as a graduate last time under drilling, i can say is, if u join them as graduate, they ask u become night shift supervisor but ur pay is graduate pay biggrin.gif biggrin.gif even now after few yrs become day shift supervisor, still getting less than 5 digit.

so diff scenario also diff outcome.
meonkutu11
post Jun 5 2018, 04:27 PM

Regular
1,597 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Jun 5 2018, 04:22 PM)
yes but construction of those major projects u get handsomely paid too for even rigger job. Drilling is overall u get very well paid due to high risk involved, same goes to diver or rov operators.

But i got a fren working in carigali as a graduate last time under drilling, i can say is, if u join them as graduate, they ask u become night shift supervisor but ur pay is graduate pay  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif even now after few yrs become day shift supervisor, still getting less than 5 digit.

so diff scenario also diff outcome.
No wonder many of them use Petronas as a stepping stone before going to Middle East.
feekle
post Jun 5 2018, 08:48 PM

Bibo ergo sum!
1,922 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ Jun 5 2018, 09:03 AM)

I think other industries also emphasize years of site experience e.g. construction industry. Just that their pay is nothing like o&g.

This post has been edited by feekle: Jun 5 2018, 08:49 PM
ben3003
post Jun 5 2018, 09:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

QUOTE(feekle @ Jun 5 2018, 08:48 PM)
I think other industries also emphasize years of site experience e.g. construction industry. Just that their pay is nothing like o&g.
yeah what i meant is o&g really scales it much better than other industry, as long as u can show u are worthy of the pay. there are other industry also but let say u compare project manager for construction to project manager for oil n gas contractors or even operators, construction they owes looking for 8-10yrs then u can become project manager, but if o&g project manager maybe 15yrs still considered fresh and depends on the scale of projects.

ben3003
post Jun 5 2018, 09:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

QUOTE(meonkutu11 @ Jun 5 2018, 04:27 PM)
No wonder many of them use Petronas as a stepping stone before going to Middle East.
yes Petronas is really a good stepping stone i can say, entry is not as hard, alot of projects to be involved with, lucky u get to go to their international team, but basic is what u get paid in malaysia only more allowance.
contestchris
post Jun 5 2018, 11:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,336 posts

So what are the next big EPCIC projects to look forward to? Anything interesting? Bokor first steel cut in Q3 2018, then there is Pegaga awarded to Sapura. Anything else to look forward to? Petronas seems quiet here, I remember in 2012-2015 so many projects!
ben3003
post Jun 6 2018, 02:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

i wanna ask, i got an offer from PRPC but under PMUC Nes Global supply to RAPID Project, however the duration seems too short until march 2019 and if i refuse to take the offer, will i get blacklisted by Petronas?
poosk
post Jun 6 2018, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(contestchris @ Jun 5 2018, 11:46 PM)
So what are the next big EPCIC projects to look forward to? Anything interesting? Bokor first steel cut in Q3 2018, then there is Pegaga awarded to Sapura. Anything else to look forward to? Petronas seems quiet here, I remember in 2012-2015 so many projects!
Petronas money most gone to Rapid and Canada LNG.

When change Petronas CEO?
Fasap
post Jun 6 2018, 03:18 PM

Ow ny may
626 posts

QUOTE(poosk @ Jun 6 2018, 03:16 PM)
Petronas money most gone to Rapid and Canada LNG.

When change Petronas CEO?
Rapid got super huge investment from Aramco. wont say it lost money there though.
meonkutu11
post Jun 6 2018, 04:58 PM

Regular
1,597 posts

PEXCO issues market survey for 2019 jackup

MALAYSIA: PEXCO has issued a market survey into price and availability for a jackup to undertake a drilling campaign in Sarawak's most westerly part of the Natuna Sea in 2019.
The work scope covers three wells plus one option-well tentatively commencing between 1 February and 30 June, 2019. Duration is believed to be around 30 to 40 days apiece. The operational areas are located on Blocks SK 301B, SK 302A, SK 302B and SK 303A. Among other things, PEXCO requests a rig rated for operating in a minimum water depth of 136 m (450 ft); to have a minimum three mud pumps of 1,600 hp and accommodation for a minimum 110 people. Respondents will also need to specify the duration of the rig's idle period if it is not currently operating. The survey will close on 11 June 2018. Meanwhile, PEXCO is thought to have also taken bids for a jackup tender for a separate one-well drilling campaign on Block SK 302A with commencement in third quarter 2018. This tender was understood to have closed in early May.
05-Jun-2018

318 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:52 PM