views

haturaya
post Jul 12 2017, 06:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(wshazi @ Jul 11 2017, 05:23 PM)
For a slightly higher budget,  I would recommend you to get Honda forza 300, Kawasaki J300 or Aprillia SR300.
Scooter generally have large storage space for you to put your things under the seat for you to use for your run either for events or LSD during weekend.

Scooter kearning curve is not as steep as normal motorcycle.
Huhu that's RM30k leagues. whistling.gif blink.gif It's not normal scooter anymore. Maxiscooter.
wshazi
post Jul 12 2017, 07:42 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Jul 12 2017, 06:32 AM)
Huhu that's RM30k leagues.  whistling.gif  blink.gif  It's not normal scooter anymore. Maxiscooter.
He said money is not an issue.. ☺
salacious fictitious
post Jul 12 2017, 08:19 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(Spitzer @ Jul 9 2017, 03:42 PM)
thanks bros, "scooter" is the way to go, those that can naik, pusing, pergi  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

I'm planning to visit WELLY ADVANCE BIKERS SDN BHD @ Jalan Sri Batu Caves 9, Taman Sri Bati Caves, Batu Caves
KAWASAKI_NINJA_650 looks killer... but i'm very confirm that's overkill and all my family, friends and on-the-road strangers will sepak my face for getting that lol.

also, researched, BMW motor is cheaper then Yamaha TMAX! im.pos.e.ble!

can anyone please list out a few motor you will consider with a 20k budget? Some of my collegues(mat motors) say "go 650 bro, six fiftyyyy"... now really confuse what i should get for a 20k budget
dont jump straight to 650 if you have no experience with clutch bike
you will stall most of the time in traffic jam
buy 2nd hand bike (135/scooter nmax) then sell it for the same price/min loss after 6 month to 1 year.
650 cc might seem fun but the fun stop when you have to pay for other car you hit because still new with clutch bike/motorcycle
D'cruise61
post Jul 12 2017, 11:08 AM

0 posts

The new Yamaha NVX 155 worth considering. Nimble enough for daily event with ample storage (25L), USB port n keyless start. Most importantly with ABS and easier to maneuver thru' traffic jam compared to big bikes.
xecton
post Jul 12 2017, 01:20 PM

The Reverend
734 posts

get vespa, so ts wont be embarrassed riding a cheap cycle
haturaya
post Jul 12 2017, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(D'cruise61 @ Jul 12 2017, 11:08 AM)
The new Yamaha NVX 155 worth considering. Nimble enough for daily event with ample storage (25L), USB port n keyless start. Most importantly with ABS and easier to maneuver thru' traffic jam compared to big bikes.
NVX looks nice & sporty thumbup.gif but the fuel tank is a bit smallish for 155cc. Frequent stops to the petrol station...
ZZR-Pilot
post Jul 12 2017, 11:56 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(Spitzer @ Jul 9 2017, 02:40 AM)

Budget is not really a concern, i'll take a wild stab that my watch alone could buy most bikes on the market already
Really? If you're telling people you're wearing a Patek Philippe then you really should consider hiring a despatch boy or a driver to drive your company van la... buat apa Datuk mau susah-susah cari motor besar jadi despatch boy
TSSpitzer
post Jul 12 2017, 11:59 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(xecton @ Jul 12 2017, 01:20 PM)
get vespa, so ts wont be embarrassed riding a cheap cycle
to be frank, vespa or those scooters that is not over-engineered motorbikes looks sexy & classy as hell, why would i feel embarrassed?
(ps-this is coming from someone who drives a >400k daily beater car, unfortunately i don't share the same taste as lalabeng/rempits)
user posted image

as compared to something that looks like this....... i will have a hard time explaining to all my friends and family what the fuck went wrong with me doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
user posted image
TSSpitzer
post Jul 13 2017, 12:05 AM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(D'cruise61 @ Jul 12 2017, 11:08 AM)
Thanks, that's another good choice - looks nice and subtle, will go check it out this weekend!

I went and tried some SYM scooter this afternoon - i think that fella said 300 or 400cc, and it's too much torque for a simple hand-twist. I don't want to die just because i sneezed. shocking.gif

xecton
post Jul 13 2017, 11:24 AM

The Reverend
734 posts

QUOTE(Spitzer @ Jul 12 2017, 11:59 PM)
to be frank, vespa or those scooters that is not over-engineered motorbikes looks sexy & classy as hell, why would i feel embarrassed?
(ps-this is coming from someone who drives a >400k daily beater car, unfortunately i don't share the same taste as lalabeng/rempits)
user posted image
i said to ride a vespa so that you wouldnt feel embarrassed
tak paham ke?

anyway, not just any vespa, but this vespa:
user posted image

then can only suit your image
BuncitPesonawan
post Jul 13 2017, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

without any experience riding a bike, and only for weekend usage then yes like most of us said here just get 150-200 cc scooter.

Latest Yamaha NVX155 might suits you. Fuel tank is low but I believe not a problem for your usage.
amar_arifin
post Jul 28 2017, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

sorry for asking..

how you trigger manufacturing year of bike??
mostly seller just say ready stock..
but maybe bike already 1 year or more..

have you confirm just check tyre mnufacturing year???

D'cruise61
post Jul 28 2017, 09:42 AM

0 posts

You can always tell the manufacturing year by looking at the vehicle certificate. Just ask the seller to show you the record.
atiRade0N
post Aug 17 2017, 10:18 AM

0 posts

Guys guys guys.. sorry to break the illusion but the Vespa only looks as cool as the rich white people riding it. The thing about coolness is, people often imagine it by photoshopping their face on the white guy

If you guys still think it looks modern, stylish & pompous after these; well congratulations on your vehicular choice.
user posted image
user posted image

also handsome white guy riding a superbike, so you will think superbikes is super kewl.

user posted image

In the end, it's all about the story of a Father, Son & their ass going to the market.
People will talk talk talk so just choose what you like like like

p/s Also: choose according to your budget & usage. I mean, it's pretty bizzare to drive a Sherman Tank to work am I right??
user posted image
or maybe not
eesyam
post Aug 19 2017, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

Like all these fellas has talked about, the Yamaha NMAX, Yamaha Aerox or Kawasaki J300 is a very good choice with their performance and their price. Plus, it is gentle to a newbie trying to learn the ins and outs of how to ride a bike. It is even comfortable on a long distance ride and can manage decent speed on the highways. Being slow on a highway won't necessarily translate to being safe, especially when we are small in comparison with those others sharing the road with us.

Another scooter I would recommend is the Vespa GTS Super or Vespa Giorni 300cc. Both looks super cool and when budget is not a concern, I'd personally take either of these 2.

And all the listed suggestion above won't land you in the land of rempit image thumbup.gif Happy hunting! cheers.gif
one punch man
post Aug 19 2017, 12:12 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(Spitzer @ Jul 9 2017, 01:40 AM)
i'm planning to get a bike, so i can use it for events, running event's mostly.

any suggestions of the most simple possible motorbike?

Budget is not really a concern, i'll take a wild stab that my watch alone could buy most bikes on the market already, but i really don't need to go any higher then required, i just require a very-rough-use transport for running events only.

ps- i know how to ride a basikal - so i think i can balance a motorbike, but never ride a motorbike before, so i'm worried those complicated manual gear bike is too hard for me.

suggestions? any website to browse through the catalog?
as most suggest, do get a scooter
i myself from small bike to sporbike to superbike and now back to scooter
it such a convenience for run errands and plenty fast too.

BUT dont get too small scooter, not fast enough, lacking fuel and storage space also
bare minimum is 150CC,
yamaha nmax 155, yamaha nvx 155, modenas elegan 250, kawasaki/kymco 300, kymco 400, yamaha tmax 500, bmw c650, aprilia srv850 thumbup.gif
wonghs
post Oct 18 2017, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

anyone can recommend the cheapest scooter (new)? Any brand will do. Thx.
fastreader
post Oct 18 2017, 11:58 PM

4,551 posts

QUOTE(wonghs @ Oct 18 2017, 08:21 PM)
anyone can recommend the cheapest scooter (new)? Any brand will do. Thx.
just get a second hand, minimal depreciation when u wanna sell it off

I'm using a year 2013 Honda Spacy..very solid, minimal repair cost, 1 liter RON95 can run for 43 KM....

most importantly, i got it for only Rm2,900 otr (meaning insurance all in)

a new scooter (below 125cc) would cost around 5500-7000 otr...
wonghs
post Oct 19 2017, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(fastreader @ Oct 18 2017, 11:58 PM)
just get a second hand, minimal depreciation when u wanna sell it off

I'm using a year 2013 Honda Spacy..very solid, minimal repair cost, 1 liter RON95 can run for 43 KM....

most importantly, i got it for only Rm2,900 otr (meaning insurance all in)

a new scooter (below 125cc) would cost around 5500-7000 otr...
oic, thanks. wow new scooter much more expensive than the normal bikes.
i need to get a new one because i need to put my own plate number.
fastreader
post Oct 19 2017, 09:55 AM

4,551 posts

QUOTE(wonghs @ Oct 19 2017, 09:35 AM)
oic, thanks. wow new scooter much more expensive than the normal bikes.
i need to get a new one because i need to put my own plate number.
Oic...then that make sense... smile.gif

hmmm..scooter starts from 5k onwards...well, yamaha or honda kapcai generally also starts from 5k onwards...

unless lesser known names like demak, modenas, then can get below 4.5k.. ie Modenas MR1...

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 PM