14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The New Kia Optima GT 2017 thread, Strictly for discussion about the car

views

izputra
post Sep 11 2017, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

After more than 7 years owning a Forte 2.0, i'm thinking to upgrade to this GT. If they (NazaKia) price it right from the beginning, i probably in the booking list right now. With all the modern active safety features are stripped out, maybe the 150-160k in price is just right...
izputra
post Sep 11 2017, 06:46 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(lamjunrong @ Sep 11 2017, 06:34 PM)
has anyone test drive the GT? i like the engine sound when accelerate, sounds like a V6 or V8 engine
however saw on the net, said that the engine sound is actually coming out from the speaker. can anyone verify this?
Yupp..got dont no what it call..an engine sound enhancer/simulator mounted on the dashboard that mimic the engine roar of a sports car. The sound is not too obvious in Eco & Normal mode. Only in sports mode, it sounds a bit 'sportier'

This post has been edited by izputra: Sep 11 2017, 07:13 PM
izputra
post Sep 14 2017, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(epo @ Sep 12 2017, 08:13 AM)
Ehem ehem usha GT nampak
Buy seken after 2yrs la, cold car sure rm130k in 2019
Worth worrrr
Hahaha..i knew that u also usha the Elantra TGDI..hehe. Perhaps i will wait until it come with all the latest active safety features (like in Aussie) & hopefully some price reducing
izputra
post Sep 14 2017, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

-Deleted- Double post

This post has been edited by izputra: Sep 14 2017, 07:44 PM
izputra
post Sep 27 2017, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Sep 17 2017, 12:26 PM)
Korean car rv low mah?
No RV in mind..just enjoy the safe & fully specs car. Over the years, all cars tend to depreciate significantly in price anyway.

By the way, by doing a quick survey at Mudah, the 2012 Kia Optima K5 2.0 RV are more or less the same as the 2012 Honda Accord 2.0. Korean car low RV? whistling.gif
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by izputra: Sep 27 2017, 09:59 AM
izputra
post Sep 27 2017, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(lkoky @ Sep 27 2017, 12:11 PM)
It just an old tale used by used car to press down car prices when u trade in.
Ya..you're right.

My 2010 Kia Forte 2.0 depreciates around 60k in its price now (RV around 3xk now)..comparable to Civic 2.0 2010 also depreciates around that figure (RV around 6xk now). If we took into account the extra loan interest that the Civic owners have to pay, it clearly shows that the Civic owners actually will lose some more. So for me, i dont mind about this RV thingy. Undoubtedly, i will go for the safest & value for money car that i can afford.
izputra
post Sep 27 2017, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Sep 27 2017, 02:23 PM)
if only most of those uncles uncles aunties aunties generation msian buyers think and calculate like you...  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Hahaha..you're right also.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
izputra
post Dec 13 2017, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

Got anybody here bought this car? Perhaps can share something like FC & so on...
izputra
post Dec 13 2017, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(liqti7 @ Dec 13 2017, 02:15 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Common sense tells me that all seller will price their car higher because buyer will always ask for discount..

you first time buy used car r?

And you are silly to think the selling price is an actual sales.
If you are so convince that Kia Optima is a "value" car why bother about what other thinks, just buy la..

or you are another dupe trying to sell "cold'' cars.
Chill bro..i'm just asking for some owners' review (if any) icon_rolleyes.gif

For me, this car is still not a value car until it came here with a full specifications (i.e. got AEB, BSD, RCTA, ASSC, 7 airbags.....) like in the US & Aussie.
izputra
post Dec 13 2017, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 13 2017, 03:22 PM)
What do you want to know specifically?

Driven both the GT and the base K5.
Perhaps the FC & overall ride & handling of the car.

Thinking to upgrade to D segment car next year..so this Kia Optima GT is in my spotlight wink.gif

This post has been edited by izputra: Dec 13 2017, 04:37 PM
izputra
post Dec 14 2017, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 13 2017, 11:51 PM)
FC for the GT I cannot comment as I didn't have the the GT for an extended period of time.
For the standard K5, I would say FC is about average for a modern D segment.

Ride is good for it's class, but not exceptional.
Handling is something which I cannot put too much input on as I didn't really get to test it on twisty roads. On the highways and around town, I have no complaints.
This car was positioned as a Grand Tourer, hence it does that very well. High speed long distance drives.
The power delivery is very linear. It seems to accelerate from 120km/h to 160km/h at the same rate as it did from 40km/h to 60km/h. Feels like a big NA engine and is all very smooth. The interior is well done up and quite comfortable. Features like the air con seats and a panoramic roof gives it that premium feel.

If you want to win traffic light races, it is the wrong car. it just isn't tuned to accelerate in that fashion where other cars deliver most of their torque. It is tuned as a GT car, not a sports car.
If you are a safe family man who wants the smoothest ride for his family and has never driven past 110km/h (which is the speed limit on the highways), wrong car to buy.
If you are buying a car based on how much you can sell it in a few years, wrong car. Although Kia does have a Value5 plan to secure the value recently.

If you are driving from Perlis to Johor and need to pick a car in this segment, this is where it blows the competition out of the water.
It is not a boy racer type of car. It is a cruiser, and should be viewed as such.
Thank you for your lengthy review & opinion. It is so much appreciated thumbsup.gif

I'm a family man (no traffic light races sweat.gif ) & always autocruising around 110-120km/h on the highway..sometime might go beyond that speed during brief overtaking. Every weekend will travel from Kedah to Perlis & occasionally will shoot from Kedah to KL & Malacca when got outstation jobs. So i guess, its kinda mix up whether this car is suitable or not for my needs. Anyway, i dont buy a car based on how much i can sell it later, else i wont buy my current car (Kia Forte) almost 8 years ago. I'm more keen to buy a car that has the best safety features & specs (& of course the power) that my money can buy.

Again, thank you for your opinion smile.gif

This post has been edited by izputra: Dec 14 2017, 11:42 AM
izputra
post Dec 14 2017, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(kluseng @ Dec 14 2017, 07:42 AM)
You are talking about the Optima K5 aren't you? With the Optima GT turbo you can have both comfort and power. But the GT doesn't seem to be selling well. Maybe Naza has overpriced it for this market.
I have to agree..overprice. Around RM150-160k might be a right price for me & that should come with additional safety features like AEB, BSD, RCTA, ASSC, All-round camera, 7-airbags...
izputra
post Dec 14 2017, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 14 2017, 11:49 AM)
Let's do a quick checklist.
You need a D segment car which has ample space for the family and comfortable. Check.
You travel every weekend and occasionally need to drive long distance. This is where the GT shines.

For your requirements, it does everything in its segment that it's direct competitors do and more.
Ya..i believe this car is one of the cars that suit my requirements (except for the higher price tag & lack of advance safety features).

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 14 2017, 11:49 AM)
When we talk about price and features, we need to talk in context to the market we are operating in.

Our market has always functioned as a bubble and features are always behind other markets like US and Australia. If you use US or Australia specs, every single car in Malaysia is a bad deal.

For the price point, I feel it is a fair one considering the local market. Of course I would like the GT to be 150k. That would mean dropping the standard Optima into C segment land of 120k. That is a very aggressive strategy which has more factors to consider in the auto industry than what the average consumers see.
For the price point, it might touch a sweet spot if the car came with most (if not all) of the advance safety features like i mentioned before. When the Forte 2.0SX introduced about 8 years ago in Malaysia, it came with all the specs that being offered in other countries like the US (only lack the satellite radio & GPS navi which is negligible). So i believe they (NazaKia) can do the same for this car (Optima GT) to justify the higher price.

This post has been edited by izputra: Dec 14 2017, 12:45 PM
izputra
post Dec 24 2017, 09:18 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

I've owned Kia Forte 2.0SX for almost 8 years (until now) & yet still looking for another Kia to upgrade. That should give us some perspective on current Kia's reliability & operational cost.

izputra
post Dec 25 2017, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

Ya..between RM150-160k should be a 'right' price for this car.

Wehh epo..already bought Elantra Turbo ? Last time you eyeing to buy it right?
izputra
post Dec 27 2017, 01:12 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 27 2017, 11:25 AM)
FC wise so far half tank averaging around 8.4L per 100 KM.
Quite good FC for a 2.0T car. Finally got someone who owned the car in this thread that able to give real world feedback thumbup.gif

If u dont mind, can i know the engine RPM when cruising @ 110km/h?
izputra
post Dec 27 2017, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 27 2017, 02:08 PM)
I think it's under 2k RPM. Will need to confirm during my drive home later.
I recall taking a slow drive to the office today morning with some good slow songs, and still had to pull out to overtake cars occasionally. Then I realised that what I felt like a slow drive in the left lane with the engine barely turning over... I was still doing around 110km/h or thereabouts. I just didn't notice it.
If that's the case..highway cruising should be so relaxing i believe thumbsup.gif . For your 8.4L/100km mixed driving, did u drive in normal mode or eco mode? I just want to have some "sense' on the car's FC

This post has been edited by izputra: Dec 27 2017, 02:21 PM
izputra
post Dec 27 2017, 02:31 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 27 2017, 02:22 PM)
White.
Because the red and black interior on a white car is gorgeous.
I have to agree. The Gravity Blue also looks gorgeous but it does not come with the red leather seat. I dont know whether is it possible or not to have a red leather seat on a Gravity Blue car?
izputra
post Dec 27 2017, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 27 2017, 02:27 PM)
Highway cruising is the best. The premium interior, panoramic sunroof and good tunes... You'll chew up the kilometers quickly.

By mix driving, I mean :
- Normal driving around town.
- Economy mode when I want a quiet drive and don't want to hear induction noise.
- Highway driving on normal road.
- Sport mode full acceleration to overtake road hogs who drive slowly on the overtaking lane and refuse to move.
- Traffic jam.
- Sport mode high speed driving. Like really high speeds. But passenger didn't notice the speed until told.
Perhaps that's why the GT badge is there..that's what it meant for right?

I do have long distance travelling quite frequently, so this car most likely suits my need
izputra
post Dec 27 2017, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 27 2017, 02:34 PM)
Black and white cars come with red interior.
Blue car comes with black interior.

I was told it is not possible to change.
Ohh what to do. Then, the white car is the one to choose if i were to buy it. If the car come with its full safety specs like in the Aussie..with AEB, BSD, RCTA, ASCC etc..that would be an easy buy for me

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0662sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 AM