Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The New Kia Optima GT 2017 thread, Strictly for discussion about the car

views

SKYjack
post Jul 13 2018, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Jul 11 2018, 10:05 AM)
It will turn heads on the road compared to Merc and BMW of the same price range.. which is what? The boring 3 series and C classes?

And there's people out there who spent even more for the civic type r
Absolutely spot on. Bimmer's have become so boring! Merc is trying some fresh facelifts, thats not bad. Both are priced above 300K.

Stinger with 240K price tag, is an acceptable range! Just because it;s Korean,ppl want it dirt cheap! Come on wakeup! This car has the performance to match Contis! And another fact.......probably a lot more reliable!!!
SKYjack
post Oct 7 2018, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

For me this car is just 5years too late!

I liked the Optima very much,but not the NA engine. The 2liter engine was such a let down, gave out a scary growel everytime you hit the padel hard. I even screwed the SA on KIA treating Malaysia as dumping gorund with outdated technology!

Too late, I'd already gone on to another make!

SKYjack
post Nov 28 2018, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

2 days ago I went to KL motor show. Went there wilh much interest on the Stinger. Had a good look inside and exterior. Whilist the spec and exterior look very good, the interior was a let down.

The air con loures were fitted on a dome. Its like a half helmut sticking up. Its right in your face, so no chance of avoiding it,so very ugly! Optima GT interior looked way better!
SKYjack
post Nov 29 2018, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Nov 28 2018, 02:19 PM)
I thought got something more critical, mana tau the air con louvers pulak....  console.gif
What do you want? The car is only display!

Technical issues,this car is ahead in the pack. Its taking on the mighty Germans! As a matter of fact,handling beats the Bimmer 3 series! Don't need to go to motor show to get tech spec., anyone can copy and post from the net!

The Motor show was primarily for touch & feel!

This post has been edited by SKYjack: Nov 29 2018, 09:50 AM
SKYjack
post Mar 19 2019, 08:35 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(newbie_84 @ Mar 18 2019, 06:47 PM)
What you guys find about honda accord 2.0 vs Optima kia GT interm of driving experience and also FC?
Im currently choose between this few models for my D segment car.
Apart from "Korean" brand and resale value..seems like this Optima GT is among the few best in D segment (Passat and Mazda 6).
7 years ago when i was shopping for a family sedan, Optima was my choice . There were 5 models on my list.

Finally did not get the Optima. Upon test drive,found the car groselly underpowered. The scary part was the engine. It came out with a loud roar upon hard accleration!

The car needed a turbo engine. I'd say its perfect now! Too bad its too late,i've gone on to other brands!
SKYjack
post Jul 1 2019, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
153 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Jul 1 2019, 09:02 AM)
Please stop hijacking this thread for second hand Picanto. If you want you can start a Picanto thread.
Exactly.......WTF is going on!!!

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1531sec    2.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 10:29 AM