65 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The New Kia Optima GT 2017 thread, Strictly for discussion about the car

views

subaru555
post Jul 10 2017, 12:22 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 10 2017, 09:35 AM)
not cut 20 lori 1 shot la bro, i mean maybe from k.lipis to g.musang got 20 lori in between...

i belip there are 10% street racer population in msia road with big ball (not to mention me is one of them... lolzzz)
easy to find them, go genting at 1am weekend
this type of street racer got exp in defensive driving, very fast reaction & know msia road very well
they also know limit of their car very well (if their mind said, my car can cut 2 lori in 1 shot, they will not hesitate to press the pedal all the way, not 50-50)
they also very aware on the surrounding and calc very fast reaction on what happen next (eg, suddenly babi hutan cross the road when cut queue, what to do in next 0.5sec)
normal driver will call them stupid, yell like a hell "wanna race go sepang track la", but other street racer who tailgate them will praise them highly (itu yg balik umah campak enjin wira, masuk gsr tu)
it's not we're street racer like to talk big, but we're kind of person who prefer "talk" on the road using pedal rather than forum using keyb...

if i'm a normal driver, i'll not be in this thread, i'll be in camry or accord thread... kekeke
To some certain points, I agree to your statement but only if you travel highways a lot. If you want to overtake lots of lorries at trunk roads then perhaps a sporty D segment shouldn't be in the equation. A sporty turbo charged C segment such as a VOLVO V40 or A250 or even 330i or 330e would be a better bet as those cars are much nimble rather than the GT.

IMHO For GT category, it's suppose to be a comfortable yet powerful highway cruise and not a hot hatch wannabe.

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 10 2017, 11:01 AM)
I kenot brain why people too rely on SC
SC like to kelentong people, if within waranti, they said that item no need to chg, when waranti finished, wow suddenly all item need to be chg
SC also waste ur time, u need to take leave coz chg enjin oil bodoh2 pun take 4hrs

If SC is ur 1st concern when buy car, then u're not confident on that car itself
Why ? Coz u always think u car will always rosak n u need SC to fix it
That's why before buy car, research
Google the pros n cons, any major prob
If no info, wait for 1-2yrs, see feedback from existing owners
If the car history is good, buy n servis outside, no need SC

Kamon babeh... We got knowledge about car, not type of fresh grad, kenot diff between air filter n ekon filter

Parts ? Source urself... Dunno where ? Google is ur best friend
For the 1st 100k km, all part2 bodoh2 only, big spare part shop sure got
Xkan 100k km sudah chg ecu, chg gearbox, chg enjin... Unless kete masuk banjir

People always talk about luck, "kete x rosak xpe la, kalo gbox kong, mampus nak bayar kalo xde waranti"
Why need negative thinking ?
Ask urself again, when u married ur wife, do u know ur luck on ur marriage ? can stand forever or 5 yrs chg new wife aldy ?
Unless got people think car is important than marriage

And bcoz of above, my 3 new cars nvr step in at sc for servis
Even though some cars are built like a tank but it's a wiser decision to get long warranty to cover parts that could be defective in the long run. Hence, you'll need to service your car at the official SCs. It's just a precaution that people in general takes as its their 2nd most valuable investment in their lives.

Quite a bold move for you to take outside to service your car. Not to disrespect your method but I would do the same if my new cars are like perodua or proton (below rm50k range). However, am driving a car above rm250k range, I'd rather be safe.
KennyKB
post Jul 10 2017, 12:34 PM

Regular
1,025 posts

It's one thing to give up warranty on a reliable Japanese car but you would be unwise to do that on a Continental car no matter what the price range.

hihihehe
post Jul 10 2017, 12:45 PM

~~ Almighty Ace ~~
All Stars
12,079 posts

QUOTE(KennyKB @ Jul 10 2017, 12:34 PM)
It's one thing to give up warranty on a reliable Japanese car but you would be unwise to do that on a Continental car no matter what the price range.
Reliable or not is not up to you to decide. As I said earlier, u might unlucky get a lemon unit
Most people just worry about the parts under the bonnet. And with lot of electronics being inside the car nowadays, warranty is good to have.

Also, workshop outside might not know how to operate your new car like optima gt
sitescope
post Jul 10 2017, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(subaru555 @ Jul 10 2017, 12:22 PM)
To some certain points, I agree to your statement but only if you travel highways a lot. If you want to overtake lots of lorries at trunk roads then perhaps a sporty D segment shouldn't be in the equation. A sporty turbo charged C segment such as a VOLVO V40 or A250 or even 330i or 330e would be a better bet as those cars are much nimble rather than the GT.

IMHO For GT category, it's suppose to be a comfortable yet powerful highway cruise and not a hot hatch wannabe.
Even though some cars are built like a tank but it's a wiser decision to get long warranty to cover parts that could be defective in the long run. Hence, you'll need to service your car at the official SCs. It's just a precaution that people in general takes as its their 2nd most valuable investment in their lives.

Quite a bold move for you to take outside to service your car. Not to disrespect your method but I would do the same if my new cars are like perodua or proton (below rm50k range). However, am driving a car above rm250k range, I'd rather be safe.
Volvo n bmw ? Wow even this gt 180k aldy cry for disc, how to go more than that ?
Not even talk about maint yet

For sc, diff people diff thought, so go sc if u wan dun go if dun wan, no harm

sitescope
post Jul 10 2017, 01:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Jul 10 2017, 12:45 PM)
Reliable or not is not up to you to decide. As I said earlier, u might unlucky get a lemon unit
Most people just worry about the parts under the bonnet. And with lot of electronics being  inside the car nowadays, warranty is good to have.

Also, workshop outside might not know how to operate your new car like optima gt
Then i'm a lucky coz yet to get a lemon unit.
Once people start to think about worry, they need to go to sc

Quite bad if u said outside wshop dunno how to operate
Actually sc also dunno, when u explain the prob they will go round n round n round until u fedap to go to sc aldy
Unless u own a biz n so free can go sc every week

Sc also might charge u that something no need to be done
Eg, ekon servis at 50k km. What the heck ?
My car 100k km replace gas n compr oil only, nvr servis yet
Still cold like day 1
If u dun wan to do, they threat u all waranti void

Actually when talk about sc is more on servis interval
Servis every 10k km interval what outside shop kenot do ?
All sap sap sui items to chg
If that wshop spark plug also dunno to chg, better close shop

But if ecu related, sc might got advantage coz they got comp machine that can diagnose
And also if got parts wshop kenot replace, just buy it at part shop n send to sc to replace
Sc still accept even u dun have waranti with them

But 1 thing i like about wshop is they treat u as a cust
SC treat u like hmmmm, u dun like u go other sc, 1 go 10 comes...

This post has been edited by sitescope: Jul 10 2017, 01:40 PM
hihihehe
post Jul 10 2017, 01:39 PM

~~ Almighty Ace ~~
All Stars
12,079 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 10 2017, 01:28 PM)
Then i'm a lucky coz yet to get a lemon unit.
Once people start to think about worry, they need to go to sc

Quite bad if u said outside wshop dunno how to operate
Actually sc also dunno, when u explain the prob they will go round n round n round until u fedap to go to sc aldy
Unless u own a biz n so free can go sc every week

Sc also might charge u that something no need to be done
Eg, ekon servis at 50k km. What the heck ?
My car 100k km replace gas n compr oil only, nvr servis yet
Still cold like day 1
If u dun wan to do, they threat u all waranti void

Actually when talk about sc is more on servis interval
Servis every 10k km interval what outside shop kenot do ?
All sap sap sui items to chg
If that wshop spark plug also dunno to chg, better close shop

But if ecu related, sc might got advantage coz they got comp machine that can diagnose
And also if got parts wshop kenot replace, just buy it at part shop n send to sc to replace
Sc still accept even u dun have waranti with them
Peace of mind dude. My compressor got issue at first 10k km and I dun need to fork out money to replace it. Those normal parts like spark plug etc then different story la.

And If they can't fix it, bug them. Or escalate to higher up.

It is still up to owners. Their money their choice. But I also heard a lot of rant that sc don't honor warranty, etc but actually they never send to SC for service before. SC want to earn money too
sitescope
post Jul 10 2017, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Jul 10 2017, 01:39 PM)
Peace of mind dude. My compressor got issue at first 10k km and I dun need to fork out money to replace it. Those normal parts like spark plug etc then different story la.

And If they can't fix it, bug them. Or escalate to higher up.

It is still up to owners. Their money their choice. But I also heard a lot of rant that sc don't honor warranty, etc but actually they never send to SC for service before. SC want to earn money too
Pity u... But i think to end this, it's still up to indiv decision
For me i choose wshop... Hope luck still with me

dstl1128
post Jul 10 2017, 02:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,430 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 10 2017, 11:01 AM)
I kenot brain why people too rely on SC
SC like to kelentong people, if within waranti, they said that item no need to chg, when waranti finished, wow suddenly all item need to be chg
SC also waste ur time, u need to take leave coz chg enjin oil bodoh2 pun take 4hrs
It is all about warranty, that's all. And Conti needed it more than the korean. And the Korean need more than the Jap. If even the brand's SC can't do good, I'm not trusting the car itself is any better. If multi SCs related to the brand famous for flip-flop during warranty claims, then I don't even inclined to purchase the car.

If it were that simple, I don't even mind letting you to service my car while honoring my warranty on parts (with law enforceable black & white). Since you said it is simple things.

When it is out of warranty, well, unless the SC is good, no reason to go back.

rcracer
post Jul 10 2017, 02:52 PM

?????
3,509 posts

Anyone here is actually going to buy or already bought one ?
sitescope
post Jul 11 2017, 12:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Jul 10 2017, 02:16 PM)
It is all about warranty, that's all. And Conti needed it more than the korean. And the Korean need more than the Jap. If even the brand's SC can't do good, I'm not trusting the car itself is any better. If multi SCs related to the brand famous for flip-flop during warranty claims, then I don't even inclined to purchase the car.

If it were that simple, I don't even mind letting you to service my car while honoring my warranty on parts (with law enforceable black & white). Since you said it is simple things.
When it is out of warranty, well, unless the SC is good, no reason to go back.
I dunno if this gt need special servis or not
Take evo turbo sch maint as an example

Item chg normally eo, of, af, atf, plug, coolant, host, belt, txl oil
Then 2-3 yrs maybe brake pad, absorber, tyre

Maybe belt, hose, quite diff so ok la if wshop kenot do then send to sc
The rest ? So easy if u got the correct spanar size n know where to throw away that used oil.

Anyway we should wait the servis maint out n see is there a special thing to servis this gt

Question
If gt srvs interval is 10k km but we always redline, can shg earlier at 5k km ?
sitescope
post Jul 11 2017, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Jul 10 2017, 02:52 PM)
Anyone here is actually going to buy or already bought one ?
Going to buy when the price is right... 😬😬
sitescope
post Jul 11 2017, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

this GT July car promotion is :-
1. New Car - Discount RM3k, 5 years Warranty & Free Service & KV5 ?
2. Pre Reg Car - Discount RM10k, 5 years Warranty & KV5 ?
maybe Buydirect can get more disc ?

This post has been edited by sitescope: Jul 11 2017, 11:05 AM
wkc5657
post Jul 11 2017, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 11 2017, 12:03 AM)
I dunno if this gt need special servis or not
Take evo turbo sch maint as an example

Item chg normally eo, of, af, atf, plug, coolant, host, belt, txl oil
Then 2-3 yrs maybe brake pad, absorber, tyre

Maybe belt, hose, quite diff so ok la if wshop kenot do then send to sc
The rest ? So easy if u got the correct spanar size n know where to throw away that used oil.

Anyway we should wait the servis maint out n see is there a special thing to servis this gt

Question
If gt srvs interval is 10k km but we always redline, can shg earlier at 5k km ?
This car is not really build for lenjen all the time, will rosak soon. Need strengthened internal components to be lenjen friendly.

If like to explore higher end of the rev range, normal fully synthetic also tak tahan. At least fill in with something like royal purple HPS series or race oil like Motul 300V, Torco blue bottle series. Change no later than 6 months.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Jul 11 2017, 11:29 AM
sitescope
post Jul 11 2017, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jul 11 2017, 11:29 AM)
This car is not really build for lenjen all the time, will rosak soon. Need strengthened internal components to be lenjen friendly.

If like to explore higher end of the rev range, normal fully synthetic also tak tahan. At least fill in with something like royal purple HPS series or race oil like Motul 300V, Torco blue bottle series. Change no later than 6 months.
then bring own EO to sc isn't an option...
dstl1128
post Jul 11 2017, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,430 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 11 2017, 11:04 AM)
maybe Buydirect can get more disc ?
Where you got this ?

So fast having RM10k discount trick?

sitescope
post Jul 11 2017, 11:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Jul 11 2017, 11:55 AM)
Where you got this ?

So fast having RM10k discount trick?
waiting Buydirect to confirm
Buydirect
post Jul 11 2017, 01:17 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 11 2017, 11:56 AM)
waiting Buydirect to confirm
Can do more or less the same, but the Free service is only 3 Years (or 60,000 km). Someone must have given or gotten the wrong info. biggrin.gif
sitescope
post Jul 11 2017, 01:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,599 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Jul 11 2017, 01:17 PM)
Can do more or less the same, but the Free service is only 3 Years (or 60,000 km). Someone must have given or gotten the wrong info.  biggrin.gif
When test drive available ?
wkc5657
post Jul 11 2017, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(Buydirect @ Jul 11 2017, 01:17 PM)

Divert a bit, got news of the stinger to be launched over here?
Buydirect
post Jul 11 2017, 02:59 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jul 11 2017, 02:37 PM)
Divert a bit, got news of the stinger to be launched over here?
Nope, no news yet. Stinger will be priced beyond 200K, it is going to cater for a niche market and for brand building, not going to be a volume seller.

65 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0898sec    1.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 01:00 AM