Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

51 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The New Kia Optima GT 2017 thread, Strictly for discussion about the car

kluseng
post Jul 7 2017, 09:45 PM, updated 5 months ago

Group: Junior Member

This thread is for those who would like to talk about the Optima GT 2.0L turbo sedan, test drive reports, buying intentions, features, pricing, performance, comparison with other D-segments, etc. If you want to talk about Korean car marketing strategies there is another (hijacked) thread for that. Some facts about this car.

Engine: 2000cc turbo
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto
Max Power: 242 hp @ 6000 rpm
Max Torque: 353 Nm @ 1400rpm - 4000 rpm
Curb weight: 1580 kg
0-100 km/h : 7.4 sec
Max Speed: 240 km/h
Consumption: 8.5 L/100km
Airbags: 6
Wheels: 18" with normal tyre
Audio: 6 speakers no name system
Infotainment: 7" touchscreen display with navigation
Headlights: LED
Origin: CBU, Korea
Price: RM175,212 OTR without insurance

Kia Promotion Video

In-depth review by Bobby Ang

This post has been edited by kluseng: Jul 11 2017, 09:20 PM
wkc5657
post Jul 7 2017, 10:32 PM

You very proactive biggrin.gif
isr25
post Jul 7 2017, 10:42 PM

Getting Started

The thread was not really hijacked, since the TS was questioning the Korean car marketing strategies and pricing in the first post biggrin.gif

In any case, the Optima looks like a good car, same with Elantra. If they can overcome their perceived status by Malaysians, they should sell well.
wkc5657
post Jul 7 2017, 11:23 PM

QUOTE(isr25 @ Jul 7 2017, 10:42 PM)
If they can overcome their perceived status by Malaysians, they should sell well.
The greatest error or mistake, was that the very few initial models did have significant issues affecting their reliability (although by no means downplaying their speed and ability to catch up to the japanese by being almost 2 decades later than the japanese into mass market automotive manufacturing game). That really hurt their perceived credibility towards the future despite them being near standing to the japanese now.

The japanese in the early 50s and 60s did the craziest but right thing by emphasising and proving that their cars are more durable yet affordable than the american counterparts. From that onwards, it is history, hard coded into the minds and passed down from generations to generations. Well, their involvement in motorsports further build up the brand image, despite the models starting late eighties are getting more and more boring, instead of the aspirational and funky choice that it once really was in the past.
sitescope
post Jul 8 2017, 01:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Better put year 2017 at title
riezzien
post Jul 8 2017, 05:30 AM

the reviewer is an idiot..
ppl give way not bcos its a kia.
ppl give way because theres a fast car incoming from the back, giving right signal and tailgating it.
any sensible driver would have given way, no matter what's the car brand.
overfloe
post Jul 8 2017, 07:15 AM

Ain't nothing but a thang..

QUOTE(riezzien @ Jul 8 2017, 06:30 AM)
ppl give way because theres a fast car incoming from the back, giving right signal and tailgating it.
No. He was excited becuase ppl would not expect kena potong by a fast kia. I believe he would do the same if he is driving a fast Geely.
-Aktan-
post Jul 8 2017, 08:21 AM

2.6b dah masuk bro

QUOTE(riezzien @ Jul 8 2017, 05:30 AM)
He really talk trash sometimes.. also on the phone purchase video ...

Even a Vios could do the same if the driver was crazy enough
constant_weight
post Jul 8 2017, 08:27 AM

Group: Newbie

Review from US, this one is professionally done. The best review I've seen in years.

This post has been edited by constant_weight: Jul 8 2017, 09:56 PM
kluseng
post Jul 8 2017, 09:29 AM

QUOTE(isr25 @ Jul 7 2017, 10:42 PM)
The thread was not really hijacked, since the TS was questioning the Korean car marketing strategies and pricing in the first post biggrin.gif

In any case, the Optima looks like a good car, same with Elantra. If they can overcome their perceived status by Malaysians, they should sell well.
The thread was hijacked as with the volume of non-related talk there people will be discouraged from posting anything else.

For its power and price no other car comes close. Even the Volvo V40 T5 is a much smaller car so it is not in the same segment.

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Jul 8 2017, 08:27 AM)
Review from US, this one is professionally done. The best review I've seen in years.

Corrected the youtube link

This post has been edited by kluseng: Jul 8 2017, 09:35 AM
KennyKB
post Jul 8 2017, 09:55 AM

Regular

If you disregard the brand perception the Optima is value for money but will it attract the uncles who usually go for Camrys, Teenas and Accords? I think a bit tough as they may be past the age group where power and performance can overcome brand perception.

The Optima GT will appeal to the younger set who are enamoured with its power but its price isn't friendly to them. I perceive a mismatch between the target market and the price.

At Rm145K the Optima K5 sold reasonably well but I don't expect its success to be repeated with the Optima GT unless Naza can bring down the price substantially.
Ginny88
post Jul 8 2017, 12:24 PM

Getting Started

Another good review, this time from Down Under. It looks like Kia is also fighting consumer perception down there even though the Optima GT comes with even more goodies like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, autonomous braking and Infinity sound system that Naza has stripped out.

legend2014
post Jul 8 2017, 12:59 PM

Group: Newbie

Kia Malaysia really need to put a lot of effort to change the brand perception.

Did anybody here test drive this car ?
sitescope
post Jul 8 2017, 02:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(legend2014 @ Jul 8 2017, 12:59 PM)
Kia Malaysia really need to put a lot of effort to change the brand perception.

Did anybody here test drive this car ?
Went to kia KD that day after test elanT (hyundai opposite the road)
No test drive available yet for whole msia
sitescope
post Jul 8 2017, 02:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(KennyKB @ Jul 8 2017, 09:55 AM)
If you disregard the brand perception the Optima is value for money but will it attract the uncles who usually go for Camrys, Teenas and Accords? I think a bit tough as they may be past the age group where power and performance can overcome brand perception.

The Optima GT will appeal to the younger set who are enamoured with its power but its price isn't friendly to them. I perceive a mismatch between the target market and the price.

At Rm145K the Optima K5 sold reasonably well but I don't expect its success to be repeated with the Optima GT unless Naza can bring down the price substantially.
Korek... Uncle will not buy power D segmen. They getting old n their reflect when drive fast also not very good
Major uncle in D segmen sure give lane when cucuking them.
But good side, they got lot money

We middle age 35-40 dun have lot money but wan power so just wait discount lorrr... Hehe
sitescope
post Jul 8 2017, 02:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Jul 8 2017, 12:24 PM)
Another good review, this time from Down Under. It looks like Kia is also fighting consumer perception down there even though the Optima GT comes with even more goodies like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, autonomous braking and Infinity sound system that Naza has stripped out.
Kia msia think buyer dun google internet on optima spec
Full spec opt gt at ausie is rm155k
Here features kena remove lg
kapalterbang_737
post Jul 8 2017, 02:54 PM

On my way

as someone who owned a Korean car for the past 2 years, i think the Optima GT is quite overprice wor for the spec.. personally as a D segment and hi-end car in Kia sedan line, it should at least have active safety package included, Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keep Assist, Autonomous Emergency Braking, to name a few. I don't really mind the remove the Infinity speaker as we can retrofit other speakers easily... Naza really should think back about this...
overfloe
post Jul 8 2017, 03:22 PM

Ain't nothing but a thang..

QUOTE(sitescope @ Jul 8 2017, 03:22 PM)
Korek... Uncle will not buy power D segmen. They getting old n their reflect when drive fast also not very good
Major uncle in D segmen sure give lane when cucuking them.
But good side, they got lot money

We middle age 35-40 dun have lot money but wan power so just wait discount lorrr... Hehe
Youngsters will end up with c segment cars lorr haha.. this GT is very niche.
Ginny88
post Jul 8 2017, 04:49 PM

Getting Started

The Optima will have no market segment? Not even as a poor man's Passat?

zeng
post Jul 8 2017, 05:04 PM

Enthusiast

Are all Kia K5 models here having the same transmission models , and dependable ?

51 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0722sec    1.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 03:18 AM