Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[SCAM] Puppies and kittens for adoption on FB, Facebook page targeting Malaysians

views

TSultraballistic
post Jul 7 2017, 12:00 PM, updated 7y ago

0 posts

TL:DR This Facebook page is a scam. Report it to FB and warn people. Do not fall for it.

First time posting such a long post. So, yeah. I was looking for corgis to buy or adopt in Malaysia. Found this page and it looked promising. However, I have also searched online after their very unusual "pet delivery service" message. Sure enough, I found many pet adoption scams with the exact same technique. There was one posted here in LowYat a year or two ago. Same MO.

Facebook page: Puppies and kittens for adoption in Malaysia
Link: Puppies and kittens for adoption in Malaysia

Attached Image

For me, I was especially interested in one of their post for corgi adoption for free:
Attached Image
Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppies
Need to find a home for my 12 weeks old Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies. They get along with cats and all other animals. House trained, woderfull pets

I made a comment and they replied via Instant Message.

FB MESSAGES

JUL 1, 2017 17:55
Puppies and kittens for adoption in Malaysia:
Thanks for Contacting us concerning Our Puppies which are still available for adoption,here is a few information about them
Sex: Male and Female
_Specie: Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppies
_Age: 12 weeks old
_Price:Adoption
_Temperament: Inquisitive and very friendly.
_Health Problems: non
_Living Conditions: any
_Grooming: Moderate grooming.
_Recognition: KC registered
_Trained: well trained,home trained and potty trained.
_Health Condition: excellent in health condition,vet checked,registered and confirmed health guarantee.
Sociability: well socialized with kids and other home pets.
Here is a few about Them Honey And Spike as Female and Male Respectively
Honey -She is home and potty trained. -She does not Bark a lot. -She Is friendly with kids and other pets. -She get angry when you shout at her for a long time. Spike -He is home and potty trained -He Barks A Little more than Honey but not to much. -He is also a friend to kids and other pets. -He Bark when he sees strangers. I am really in need of very good home but before giving out my Puppies to any home i will need to know if :
1 Have you any pet-care experience?
2 Where are you located?
3 How old are you, (so sorry for this) are you married with kids and
4 what do you do for a living?
5 When are you ready for these Puppies
6 Which of the sex do you want?
7 Give me a Brief Description about your Environment?
8 Do you have a vet doctor?
9 Can I have your phone numbers to reach you?
10 Why are you so interested in this breed
11 what do you know about them, why do you admire in them?
12 will you like to know more from me?
Waiting for responds and Regard to you and your family
Thanks and Regards
Attached Image
Attached Image

JUL 1, 2017 SAT 19:45

Me:

1 Have you any pet-care experience? Yes. Used to have many dogs. However, I've moved to a condo and so still looking for a good dog.
2 Where are you located? XXXX
3 How old are you, (so sorry for this) are you married with kids and Not married. But above XX.
4 what do you do for a living? XXXXX
5 When are you ready for these Puppies Now.
6 Which of the sex do you want? Male if possible. Actually, I think both sex is ok.
7 Give me a Brief Description about your Environment? Condo. A Park in walking distance. Only one person living in the condo so plenty of space.
8 Do you have a vet doctor? Not yet. I'll get one. Open to your recommendation.
9 Can I have your phone numbers to reach you? Yes. XXXX
10 Why are you so interested in this breed Loved it for a while. Even went to pet cafes just to get to know this breed.
11 what do you know about them, why do you admire in them? They are energetic, playful. Can grow to quite big.
12 will you like to know more from me? Yes. There are a lot of people selling corgis for upwards of $6000 per dog. So I'm surprised you are offering it for adoption. Why is that? Please let me know if you have any more questions.

JUL 4, 2017 TUES 20:32

Hello and sorry for the late response. the reason why we are giving the Puppies out is because my father who was the owner of our pet shop just passed away and since there is nobody to keep up with the pet store, we just think its better we offer them for adoption to pet loving families. we recently just relocated to Thailand and will be very happy to have you in our home.But if you are very busy and cant make it here, we can use a pet delivery service to get the Puppy/puppies delivered to your home address and all you will have to pay for is just the delivery fees okay? i love the pet delivery service because the are very efficient and also moderate price and above all, they are fast. They Love eating Evolve Canned Dog Food( Evolve is known for great ingredients and taste so now you can be confident that your giving your Dog the very best. A variety of flavors include: Chicken & Pasta Pomodora, Duck, Sweet Potato & Avacado, Pheasant & Potato, and Veal Stew. Package includes twelve 13.2 oz. cans.) and other such as Hi-Tor Eno-Diet Canned Dog Food, Hi-Tor Reduso-Diet Canned Dog Food etc..puppies are all delivered with play toys and bed.
Attached Image
Attached Image

JUL 5, 2017 WED 13:50
Me:

Cute Corgi. So, the dog is in Thailand? I won't be able to see it first then cos I won't be going to TH. What is the pet delivery service? How does it work? What is the price? Thanks

JUL 6, 2017 THU 00:17

Delivery of one puppy to your home address will cost Rm.750 for one puppy and Rm.1000 for the home delivery of both puppies including delivery and change of ownership papers .And for the registration for home delivery, i will be needing just your home delivery details to get the puppy/ puppies registered and delivered to your home address tomorrow okay ? the details are as follows ;
Full Names........................
City..............................
Home address......................
Phone number.......................
Home number.......................
Nearest airport...................
Email address ....................
As soon as we have the details,I would be getting everything, he/she will be coming alongside with ready stuffs.Do get back to me with the details so i can prepare the change of ownership papers and do the registration with the courier service asap so that you can have the Puppies home in just a few Hours Time. And you will have to please promise me that as soon as the delivery team arrives your home, you will send me pictures okay ?I would be looking forward to see this Puppies in your home
Attached Image

JUL 6, 2017 THU 11:03
Me:

Full Name FAKE NAME
City FAKE ADDRESS
Home address FAKE ADDRESS
Phone number FAKE NUMBER
Home number NIL
Nearest airport KLIA.
Email address XXXXX@gmail.com

Status JUL 7, 2017: Waiting for their reply.

SUMMARY:
Corgis available for adoption for free - What is the likelihood of that in Malaysia? Almost non-existent. Corgis’ average price is RM5,000.
Owner of pet shop passed away, so the children are giving away the pets for free but you need to pay for delivery service from THAILAND. - Sounds weird.
Delivery service is “Rm.750 for one puppy and Rm.1000 for the home delivery of both puppies including delivery and change of ownership papers .” Scammy.
“he/she will be coming alongside with ready stuffs.” – What are “ready stuffs”?
“Puppies home in just a few Hours Time”. Delivery time is apparently super fast and this is from THAILAND!

WATCH OUT! DO NOT FALL FOR IT!

TSultraballistic
post Jul 18 2017, 03:48 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Christopher Lambert @ Jul 10 2017, 03:35 PM)
Did they actually reply?
Nope. I think they realized I'm wise to their scam.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:53 PM