Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Exploiting iPad Pro TIPS&TRICKS, Join the march!

views

TSshennwuu
post Jul 5 2017, 12:12 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
183 posts

This thread is made to encourage those users using the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil combo to share your experiences and tips profound while using and writing on the iPad Pro all the while. At the same time, I would like to invite those iPad user wannabe to read through this post if you are struggling whether an iPad Pro and the Pencil worthwhile.
cool2.gif

squall8985
post Jul 5 2017, 12:20 PM

Casual
379 posts

Waiting iOS 11 release for iPad Pro.
Its looks promising. Thanks TS for this thread smile.gif
TSshennwuu
post Jul 5 2017, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

Recently, there was a new screen protector named Paperlike was launched which offer a writing-on-paper-sensation for those users who claim that writing on the glass is weird and hard to control every strokes. Yes, it worked but it kinda expensive.

For sure you would ask for a cheaper alternative, the answer would be yes but it's definitely not as good as Paperlike. I applied the most common matte protector on my iPad Pro and I could say it is better than what I expect it to be.

Firstly, applying the screen protector doesn't mean you have to downgrade the safety of your screen, I applied the matte plastic protector on the tempered glass and it didn't affect my Apple Pencil performance. No offset or increase of latency could be noticed, pressure sensitivity still working flawlessly. The matte surface allow you to move your palm smoothly while writing on iPad which it could be sticky before this.

The only thing needed to be sacrifice was the premium screen quality. Thanks to the high ppi and brightness, iPad Pro screen still looks fscinating even with the matte protector on. If you are worrying the "rough" surface would hurt the nib or wear the nib faster, I would say it is hard as those microscopic texture wouldn't really wear out the nib, it might increase the rate but it is very very very very very microscopic increase which is not significant apparently.

That's all I would like to share for writing. Next will be typing and more content creating tips! Stay tuned.
TSshennwuu
post Jul 5 2017, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

Matte Screen Protector

Results

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by shennwuu: Jul 5 2017, 12:49 PM
TSshennwuu
post Jul 5 2017, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(squall8985 @ Jul 5 2017, 12:20 PM)
Waiting iOS 11 release for iPad Pro.
Its looks promising. Thanks TS for this thread smile.gif
I updated to iOS11 last week which is a public beta release. Used it for one week and it is super powerful! One of the promising feature will be the "Instant Note", by tapping your Apple Pencil on lockscreen, the note will open straightaway and you could take note instantly without unlocking the iPad.
squall8985
post Jul 5 2017, 04:58 PM

Casual
379 posts

QUOTE(shennwuu @ Jul 5 2017, 02:16 PM)
I updated to iOS11 last week which is a public beta release. Used it for one week and it is super powerful! One of the promising feature will be the "Instant Note", by tapping your Apple Pencil on lockscreen, the note will open straightaway and you could take note instantly without unlocking the iPad.
Yeah saw them on youtube. But can't test out as i don't own an ipad.
Will wait for the official release and 2 3 months down the road the ipad pro surely going to be cheap a bit on secondary market.
Can't afford the full retail price as the price is quite absurdd.
fumie
post Jul 9 2017, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

iPad Pro 10.5 here..thanks for the thread TS
TSshennwuu
post Jul 17 2017, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

If you having a case which hold the Apple Pencil too, try to do this in order to keep your earphone with your iPad!Attached Image
Mavik
post Jul 22 2017, 05:47 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(shennwuu @ Jul 5 2017, 02:16 PM)
How is the current beta release of iOS 11? Is it buggy or very usable? Don't want to risk installing the beta as I kind of use my iPad a lot for work.
TSshennwuu
post Jul 22 2017, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jul 22 2017, 05:47 PM)
How is the current beta release of iOS 11? Is it buggy or very usable? Don't want to risk installing the beta as I kind of use my iPad a lot for work.
You should expect some bugs and laggy in beta release, overall I don't recommend beta for iPad, it is not stable. But on iPhone it is much better.
iOS beta really change my perspective in laptop replacement by ipad, it really makes ipad works alot usefl then current version!

Mavik
post Jul 22 2017, 09:35 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(shennwuu @ Jul 22 2017, 08:46 PM)
You should expect some bugs and laggy in beta release, overall I don't recommend beta for iPad, it is not stable. But on iPhone it is much better.
iOS beta really change my perspective in laptop replacement by ipad, it really makes ipad works alot usefl then current version!
Great thanks for the feedback! I will wait patiently for the official release of iOS 11 then. Also realised that my firm's email also won't work with the beta release so better not try it out as well LOL!
TSshennwuu
post Jul 23 2017, 12:21 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jul 22 2017, 09:35 PM)
Great thanks for the feedback! I will wait patiently for the official release of iOS 11 then. Also realised that my firm's email also won't work with the beta release so better not try it out as well LOL!
Then better don't update it or else you will mess up your work. I upgraded to it twice and downgraded asap Too buggy....
JonSnowX
post Jul 23 2017, 01:01 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(shennwuu @ Jul 17 2017, 03:17 PM)
If you having a case which hold the Apple Pencil too, try to do this in order to keep your earphone with your iPad!Attached Image
Love the idea!! Thanks for sharing rclxms.gif
TSshennwuu
post Jul 23 2017, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(JonSnowX @ Jul 23 2017, 01:01 PM)
Love the idea!! Thanks for sharing  rclxms.gif
Please do share some ideas if you have one ya~

I will be covering on how to use iPad Pro as your laptop in one week time~ Stay tuned!
Mavik
post Jul 27 2017, 06:54 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

Thanks for sharing. So far I am looking for a keyboard case for the iPad Pro 10.5. Don't like the one offered by Logitech because it looks damn bulky and the Apple Smart Keyboard (ASK) doesn't protect the back portion of the iPad.

Hope more third party alternatives come out
TSshennwuu
post Jul 27 2017, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jul 27 2017, 06:54 PM)
Thanks for sharing. So far I am looking for a keyboard case for the iPad Pro 10.5. Don't like the one offered by Logitech because it looks damn bulky and the Apple Smart Keyboard (ASK) doesn't protect the back portion of the iPad.

Hope more third party alternatives come out
Are you looking for one attach to the iPad all the time?

For Smart Connector you will have to choose ASK and wait for Logitech come out with 10.5 compatible one.

If both of them not your choice, try and search on Lazada for those Bluetooth case which attach your iPad like a laptop but they will definitely add a lot of weight..

If you can compromise with carry bluetooth keyboard, Logitech K380 probably the best out there which is sleek, super thin and light to carry arround.
Mavik
post Jul 27 2017, 10:39 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(shennwuu @ Jul 27 2017, 09:42 PM)
Are you looking for one attach to the iPad all the time?

For Smart Connector you will have to choose ASK and wait for Logitech come out with 10.5 compatible one.

If both of them not your choice, try and search on Lazada for those Bluetooth case which attach your iPad like a laptop but they will definitely add a lot of weight..

If you can compromise with carry bluetooth keyboard, Logitech K380 probably the best out there which is sleek, super thin and light to carry arround.
I prefer the one with the Smart Connector because then I don't need to charge the battery of the keyboard all the time.

I tried carrying my Apple Bluetooth keyboard as well as a Anne Pro Bluetooth keyboard around but didn't like the additional weight and space. Mostly because when I go for meetings at work, I just like to carry the iPad for note taking. So better if it is connected.
TSshennwuu
post Jul 28 2017, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jul 27 2017, 10:39 PM)
I prefer the one with the Smart Connector because then I don't need to charge the battery of the keyboard all the time.

I tried carrying my Apple Bluetooth keyboard as well as a Anne Pro Bluetooth keyboard around but didn't like the additional weight and space. Mostly because when I go for meetings at work, I just like to carry the iPad for note taking. So better if it is connected.
So far only Logitech was putting effort or perhaps only the company being granted to manufacture smart keyboard. And the keyboard will definitely add some bulk to your ipad as they prefer more key travel.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:11 AM