Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> KL land title transfer for sub sale

views

TSGadgetzKL
post Jul 3 2017, 03:45 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
92 posts

Hi All,

I just bought an landed property and all process are done except the land title transfer, my lawyer told me that the title is not ready and she can't even tell me estimate of time when it will be ready, can i know anyone here can advice how can i check it? is it must go through lawyer or is there any other way to check it?

Also usually it take how long for a title to transfer? I've waited for about a month

Thanks

This post has been edited by GadgetzKL: Jul 24 2017, 11:39 AM
hanhanhan
post Jul 4 2017, 05:59 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

your lawyer is right.

nobody will know when the individual title will be issued because it depends on:-

1. when developer submit to land office for subdivision
2. how long land office take to do the subdivision (if 1 year is consider fast)

your best guess would be to call the developer direct n ask on the status (whether they have submitted or is it pending at land office) and there's practically nothing you can do to 'speed it up'.

for title transfer:-

1. depends on which land office
2. usually individual title (landed) can be done within 2 weeks
3. for strata titles between 2months to 9 months, depend on which land office, and how busy the land office is.

rule of thumb is, whatever that concerns title and land office is kinda beyond anyone's control in timing. unless you know someone in there (but mostly i'd tell clients to forget it since the officers change departments more frequently now)
TSGadgetzKL
post Jul 4 2017, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

Thanks for the answer
TSGadgetzKL
post Jul 24 2017, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Jul 4 2017, 05:59 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

your lawyer is right.

nobody will know when the individual title will be issued because it depends on:-

1. when developer submit to land office for subdivision
2. how long land office take to do the subdivision (if 1 year is consider fast)

your best guess would be to call the developer direct n ask on the status (whether they have submitted or is it pending at land office) and there's practically nothing you can do to 'speed it up'.

for title transfer:-

1. depends on which land office
2. usually individual title (landed) can be done within 2 weeks
3. for strata titles between 2months to 9 months, depend on which land office, and how busy the land office is.

rule of thumb is, whatever that concerns title and land office is kinda beyond anyone's control in timing. unless you know someone in there (but mostly i'd tell clients to forget it since the officers change departments more frequently now)
Mine is a subsale double storey property at KL area, i took nearly 2 months and still no news from my lawyer, is it normal to took so much of time to transfer a title within KL area?
oxm8
post Jul 24 2017, 07:34 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

QUOTE(GadgetzKL @ Jul 24 2017, 11:38 AM)
Mine is a subsale double storey property at KL area, i took nearly 2 months and still no news from my lawyer, is it normal to took so much of time to transfer a title within KL area?
haha pretty much normal. get a reference number/any info.ask ur lawyee that you want to followup with land office urself.... . then check with the Land Office on the status...
TSGadgetzKL
post Jul 25 2017, 09:02 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(oxm8 @ Jul 24 2017, 07:34 PM)
haha pretty much normal. get a reference number/any info.ask ur lawyee that you want to followup with land office urself.... . then check with the Land Office on the status...
yeah that what i think to do now, any advice what is the normal estimate time frame for them to get the title ready?
hanhanhan
post Jul 28 2017, 01:20 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

QUOTE(GadgetzKL @ Jul 24 2017, 11:38 AM)

Is there a reason u want the title out urgently? If u have a loan then its gonna be kept by the bank.

Usually collection of title is not considered high priority by most law firms.

By right if landed individual title within 2 weeks can collect la.

But now KL land office going thru some system revamp, so may take longer than usual.
TSGadgetzKL
post Aug 1 2017, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

yeah , need the title for application of epf withdrawal.

Thanks for your advise, i got the reference number from my lawyer and now i able to check the status online.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:57 PM