Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Brake Noise, Honda Accord

views

therain01
post Jul 7 2017, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

Only rotor with bad design/bad material /bad batch/ bad brake pad wil have disk wrap issue. Why would people allow Honda Malaysia to run away by just giving temporary fix? They should replace the whole set of disk and pad FOC due to factory defect, and well, it's under warranty after all.

Even the people's hated/beloved P1 and P2 will replace the item due to factory defects.
therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 01:49 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM)
this problem already happen since 8th gen accord (like perdana accord type)

I have this vibrate issues since 55k km, quite disappointed that consumer have to pay for brake pad, even if it happen says like 10k km.
That is indeed very bad of Honda Malaysia. I knew that they are sneaky since many years ago when my Honda city year 2005 has CVT shifting issue within warranty period which was denied later by Honda Malaysia. I never look into honda car since then. Thanks to Honda Malaysia.

Well a bad pad could cause disc wrap too. But common sense tell us a brake pad should last at least 40k km or even a lot more. They denied your warranty claim at 10k km. Guess everyone should know how genuine Honda Malaysia warranty is.
therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM)
If changing the brake pad can solve the issue then i dont mind change it (outside or original part). Maybe i should go to look for original pad and change it outside. If it solved then i will go ahead.
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't skim the rotor disk.

Brake pads has wear indicator. If it is not nearing the wear off point I believe user has the right to refuse replacement.

therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Jul 7 2017, 04:53 PM)
mine oso the same sound. but my abs light turn on
Disk wrap should not trigger abs warning light. When the light is on that's mean your ABS is not working. Bearing, abs speed sensor, speedometer teeth, abs modulator all can trigger abs warning light. Better send your car to read the fault code.
therain01
post Jul 10 2017, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 8 2017, 10:14 PM)
If that the case then even worst. I though the brake pad is cheaper than a rotor disk? I would prefer permanent solution than keep skimming the rotor.
I believe Honda service center brake pad will cost as much as OEM rotor disk. I might be wrong though as I have not own any Honda cars for years.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:50 AM