Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Brake Noise, Honda Accord

views

cooljik93
post Jun 29 2017, 11:43 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:04 AM)
Hi all sifu, need recommendations on what i should do next. I have a facelifted Honda Accord and the car now clocking 10K mileage. My car making ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii noise when braking (Check the attached youtube video). Asked Uncle Google and look like a well known issue without permanent solution. I have returned to Honda Service Center thrice and everytime they just told me brake pad uneven/stone chip/rotor unven. The problem returned after one or two days.

Edit* Video Owner disabled sharing. Here the link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bfq1nxJ2k"

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have?  confused.gif  cry.gif

Please dont ask me change the car. Serious talk plz.
Only producing ngiii ngiii sound? Is there any vibration? Since you said they have skimmed the pads, did they did it to the rotor as well?
cooljik93
post Jun 29 2017, 12:47 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:54 AM)
Bro, i only heard ngiii ngiii sound from rear brake. Happened intermittently soft/hard brake but most of the time only happened the first press then it gone. After while maybe 1 or 2 turn and it came back again. No noticed vibration during braking but i not expert.

Every time they just told me that they checked the rotor and brake pad. Not faulty and "maybe stone chip inside". Then the latest i went to sc they told me that they skim pad and should be fine already. It only lasted 2 days and it came back.
hmmm. after skimming pads lasted for 2 days only. surely there is uneven surface by my guess. Why not skim both of it and have a try? I think you should get to an experience foreman to check on this. SC is just too lazy for this kind of small things i guess. haha.

My car personally have ngii ngii sound too before i change to new pads. There are cracks and uneven surface on the pads. After changing to new pads, its fine.

This post has been edited by cooljik93: Jun 29 2017, 12:50 PM
cooljik93
post Jun 29 2017, 03:11 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 02:46 PM)
Is it void warranty if we skim both pad and rotor outside? Will honda know if we skim these?
This one have to ask other sifus. But did SC charge for skimming the pads? If no maybe ask them skim both? I think skimming the pads and rotors they also tak tau punya. hmm.gif hmm.gif
But it is better to ask an experience foreman to check if sending to SC is useless.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0683sec    2.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 09:27 PM