Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Brake Noise, Honda Accord

views

ayamxxx
post Jul 4 2017, 04:09 PM

Casual
431 posts

i face this problem currently, mine is accord 2014. current mileage is at 71k km. now if apply mid to hard brake force, the car will vibrate a lot, suspect the disc is warped already.

yes, call honda sc, they noted on this issue and will repair it foc by skim the brake disc.
however, they said have to change the brake pad as weell which is not under warranty.

been quoted for rm695 for both front brake pad from Semenyih Honda sc. still yet going to sc.

if it is sign of worn brake pad, it is not since the technician already verify there are still remaining pad.

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Jul 4 2017, 04:11 PM
ayamxxx
post Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 6 2017, 03:29 PM)
I was told by the Honda technician that it was the brake pad material choose by honda cause this problem (unverified) and skim the disc dont guaranty if the problem wont return. For your case then it make sense as the car adi clocked 70+KM mileage but my car just 10KM and it happened on the very first month till now.
QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 7 2017, 01:15 AM)
Only rotor with bad design/bad material /bad batch/ bad brake pad wil have disk wrap issue. Why would people allow Honda Malaysia to run away by just giving temporary fix? They should replace the whole set of disk and pad FOC due to factory defect, and well, it's under warranty after all.

Even the people's hated/beloved P1 and P2 will replace the item due to factory defects.
this problem already happen since 8th gen accord (like perdana accord type)

I have this vibrate issues since 55k km, quite disappointed that consumer have to pay for brake pad, even if it happen says like 10k km.
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 12:51 AM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 12:43 AM)
Hi TS,
So what is your solution for the brake noise?I'm having same problem too on Accord 2018.sad.gif
Did you change your brake pads?
Mine was accord 2015. Got juddering issues when braking. Send to sc, they skim my disc for 1st time at 50k km. Juddering back after 2k km from that. Sc ask to change brake pad at rm700 (pad only n front) but no warranty the juddering is solve.

Install mine with TRW brake pad from lowyat seller at rm180. No more juddering for almost 4 months now. Especially happen past then at karak highways.

Since brake pad is no warranty then im feels waste to pay rm700 for brake pad
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 12:57 PM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 01:03 AM)
Mine is barely 3k and hiss sound from medium braking. Got an appointment with the SC soon. Wondering what should I do? Since it is my first time sending to SC. I read that skimming won't do much. Any advice? Any forumers know of a proven solution ? Im based in JB...
Since yours it really new, better ask sc to check n ask for warranty claim. If they kinda reluctant to change it, just call honda hotline n submit email complaints to their email cs. But in general, from fb accord malaysia 9th gen groups, the brake problem (juddering or hissing sound) will come back after certain time or mileage. Probably due to quality parts of the brake parts itself.
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 11:11 PM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM)
Brembo brake pads are the worst pad I've used. These pads will produce an annoying sound when you step on the brakes and your car is about to stop. Avoid at all cost.

Byright the original pads are the best and balanced pads in terms of low brake dust, quietness and stopping power.
Yes original was the best. But not for Honda accord which had the brake issue since 8th gen accord. And some with on the 9th gen.

Even after claiming the pad n rotor, the problems do repeating after certain mileage hit.
ayamxxx
post Jun 10 2019, 10:51 PM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(sky_lee20 @ Jun 10 2019, 10:21 PM)
Bro,so how to solve honda accord brake problem?
My case, send sc for warranty, i thought can claim new rotor/disc. But sc said after 3 times skim if problem still there then only can claim new parts. So proceed with brake skim by sc under warranty.

Then I straight change to aftermarket brake pad. So far no more vibration issues. Already on 2 times pad changed
ayamxxx
post Jun 13 2019, 06:01 AM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 12 2019, 09:47 PM)
For those who still looking for solution on the Honda Accord brake sound issue, i can share out that my case have been solved since i changed the brake pad (third party brand). My foreman also informed me that the brake cliper also got intermittent jamming issue but i only replaced the brake pad and the sound already resolved. So, my advise is that you can take out the original pad, replace it with third part brake pad to see if it resolve your problem. If not, you can swap it back anytime unless you have problem about the $$.
Surprisingly this was also my solution. Honda ori pad made in Thailand suck in quality
ayamxxx
post Jun 29 2019, 09:19 AM

Casual
431 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Jun 28 2019, 11:57 PM)
What brake pad brand do u recommend? Might check it out.
Im using trw pad sold in garage sales

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0850sec    1.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 02:11 AM