Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Brake Noise, Honda Accord

views

Zot
post Jun 29 2017, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,076 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:04 AM)
Hi all sifu, need recommendations on what i should do next. I have a facelifted Honda Accord and the car now clocking 10K mileage. My car making ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii noise when braking (Check the attached youtube video). Asked Uncle Google and look like a well known issue without permanent solution. I have returned to Honda Service Center thrice and everytime they just told me brake pad uneven/stone chip/rotor unven. The problem returned after one or two days.

Edit* Video Owner disabled sharing. Here the link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bfq1nxJ2k"

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have?  confused.gif  cry.gif

Please dont ask me change the car. Serious talk plz.
What did the SC do? Most car, the brake pad will wear out inner side of the brake disc, leaving the sharp edge at the brake disc rim. Some workshop have tool to cut this unevenness and make the disc surface flat again. I guess the edge is touching the brake clamp mechanical and cause the sound.
Zot
post Jun 29 2017, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,076 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:37 AM)
So sifu suggesting go out buy the original honda parts from Honda spare part shop and change it outside? Actually i talked to one of the honda foreman and he honestly told me it was the material used by honda and nothing much they can do. Every time owner send in and complain then all they can do was skim the brake pad and rotor. They cant gerenti the noise wont return. Hence i doubt if i still use the Honda part can resolve this issue. 
First few times they just check the pad and told me maybe got stone chip in. Then later they skim the brake pad. Any recommendation for shop? If got plz pm me. Desperately looking for solutions.
Unevenness can be cause by brake pad, usually cheap one .. but Honda? hmm.gif Try to get a good replacement from spare part shop. I've never own a Honda smile.gif
Zot
post Jun 29 2017, 02:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,076 posts

QUOTE(CarroTT @ Jun 29 2017, 01:02 PM)
Only way to remedy it without changing any parts is by using anti squeal paste or a high temperature grease. Apply it to the pads where it touches the caliper.

Fyi, normal grease spray or white lithium grease not going to work as the brakes operating temperature higher than the grease separation temperature. U need at least copper or aluminum grease, usually rated above 500 C. Even polyurea grease rated at 270 C may not work.
You want to stop your car in time but you apply grease! rclxub.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0317sec    1.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 01:42 PM