Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Brake Noise, Honda Accord

views

TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 11:04 AM, updated 3 months ago

Casual
350 posts

Hi all sifu, need recommendations on what i should do next. I have a facelifted Honda Accord and the car now clocking 10K mileage. My car making ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii noise when braking (Check the attached youtube video). Asked Uncle Google and look like a well known issue without permanent solution. I have returned to Honda Service Center thrice and everytime they just told me brake pad uneven/stone chip/rotor unven. The problem returned after one or two days.

Edit* Video Owner disabled sharing. Here the link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bfq1nxJ2k"

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have? confused.gif cry.gif

Please dont ask me change the car. Serious talk plz.

This post has been edited by dRLurve: Jun 29 2017, 11:09 AM
kons
post Jun 29 2017, 11:07 AM

Конс
Group Icon
5,651 posts

honda and the brakes.
happens to all honda.

i just changed the disc and brakepad. so far no more sound after clocking 20k
Duckies
post Jun 29 2017, 11:08 AM

Rubber Ducky
7,648 posts

Don't really have a Honda but mine is a Myvi, had the same problem. So I changed both brake pads and brake discs instead of just brake pads. Issue gone.
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 11:10 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Jun 29 2017, 11:07 AM)
honda and the brakes.
happens to all honda.

Change to third party part? How much does it affect the warranty?
kons
post Jun 29 2017, 11:15 AM

Конс
Group Icon
5,651 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:10 AM)
Change to third party part? How much does it affect the warranty?
sc refused to change it for free since it has no indication of braking power loss or mechanical failure.
screw the warranty.
change in sc > 1k

change outside much cheaper, original honda accessories.

Zot
post Jun 29 2017, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,887 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:04 AM)
Hi all sifu, need recommendations on what i should do next. I have a facelifted Honda Accord and the car now clocking 10K mileage. My car making ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii noise when braking (Check the attached youtube video). Asked Uncle Google and look like a well known issue without permanent solution. I have returned to Honda Service Center thrice and everytime they just told me brake pad uneven/stone chip/rotor unven. The problem returned after one or two days.

Edit* Video Owner disabled sharing. Here the link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bfq1nxJ2k"

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have?  confused.gif  cry.gif

What did the SC do? Most car, the brake pad will wear out inner side of the brake disc, leaving the sharp edge at the brake disc rim. Some workshop have tool to cut this unevenness and make the disc surface flat again. I guess the edge is touching the brake clamp mechanical and cause the sound.
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 11:37 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Jun 29 2017, 11:15 AM)
sc refused to change it for free since it has no indication of braking power loss or mechanical failure.
screw the warranty.
change in sc > 1k

change outside much cheaper, original honda accessories.
So sifu suggesting go out buy the original honda parts from Honda spare part shop and change it outside? Actually i talked to one of the honda foreman and he honestly told me it was the material used by honda and nothing much they can do. Every time owner send in and complain then all they can do was skim the brake pad and rotor. They cant gerenti the noise wont return. Hence i doubt if i still use the Honda part can resolve this issue.

QUOTE(Zot @ Jun 29 2017, 11:15 AM)
What did the SC do? Most car, the brake pad will wear out inner side of the brake disc, leaving the sharp edge at the brake disc rim. Some workshop have tool to cut this unevenness and make the disc surface flat again. I guess the edge is touching the brake clamp mechanical and cause the sound.
First few times they just check the pad and told me maybe got stone chip in. Then later they skim the brake pad. Any recommendation for shop? If got plz pm me. Desperately looking for solutions.
cooljik93
post Jun 29 2017, 11:43 AM

4 posts

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have?  confused.gif  cry.gif

Only producing ngiii ngiii sound? Is there any vibration? Since you said they have skimmed the pads, did they did it to the rotor as well?
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 11:54 AM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(cooljik93 @ Jun 29 2017, 11:43 AM)
Only producing ngiii ngiii sound? Is there any vibration? Since you said they have skimmed the pads, did they did it to the rotor as well?
Bro, i only heard ngiii ngiii sound from rear brake. Happened intermittently soft/hard brake but most of the time only happened the first press then it gone. After while maybe 1 or 2 turn and it came back again. No noticed vibration during braking but i not expert.

Every time they just told me that they checked the rotor and brake pad. Not faulty and "maybe stone chip inside". Then the latest i went to sc they told me that they skim pad and should be fine already. It only lasted 2 days and it came back.
Zot
post Jun 29 2017, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,887 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:37 AM)
So sifu suggesting go out buy the original honda parts from Honda spare part shop and change it outside? Actually i talked to one of the honda foreman and he honestly told me it was the material used by honda and nothing much they can do. Every time owner send in and complain then all they can do was skim the brake pad and rotor. They cant gerenti the noise wont return. Hence i doubt if i still use the Honda part can resolve this issue. 
First few times they just check the pad and told me maybe got stone chip in. Then later they skim the brake pad. Any recommendation for shop? If got plz pm me. Desperately looking for solutions.
Unevenness can be cause by brake pad, usually cheap one .. but Honda? hmm.gif Try to get a good replacement from spare part shop. I've never own a Honda smile.gif
cooljik93
post Jun 29 2017, 12:47 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:54 AM)
Bro, i only heard ngiii ngiii sound from rear brake. Happened intermittently soft/hard brake but most of the time only happened the first press then it gone. After while maybe 1 or 2 turn and it came back again. No noticed vibration during braking but i not expert.

Every time they just told me that they checked the rotor and brake pad. Not faulty and "maybe stone chip inside". Then the latest i went to sc they told me that they skim pad and should be fine already. It only lasted 2 days and it came back.
hmmm. after skimming pads lasted for 2 days only. surely there is uneven surface by my guess. Why not skim both of it and have a try? I think you should get to an experience foreman to check on this. SC is just too lazy for this kind of small things i guess. haha.

My car personally have ngii ngii sound too before i change to new pads. There are cracks and uneven surface on the pads. After changing to new pads, its fine.

This post has been edited by cooljik93: Jun 29 2017, 12:50 PM
feralee
post Jun 29 2017, 12:57 PM

Enthusiastic (R)(C)(tm)
4,829 posts

Try changing the brake pad

And also check the caliper piston (scare jam causing uneven pad wear)

CarroTT
post Jun 29 2017, 01:02 PM

ms. sunflower
1,181 posts

Only way to remedy it without changing any parts is by using anti squeal paste or a high temperature grease. Apply it to the pads where it touches the caliper.

Fyi, normal grease spray or white lithium grease not going to work as the brakes operating temperature higher than the grease separation temperature. U need at least copper or aluminum grease, usually rated above 500 C. Even polyurea grease rated at 270 C may not work.
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 02:46 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(cooljik93 @ Jun 29 2017, 12:47 PM)
hmmm. after skimming pads lasted for 2 days only. surely there is uneven surface by my guess. Why not skim both of it and have a try? I think you should get to an experience foreman to check on this. SC is just too lazy for this kind of small things i guess. haha.

My car personally have ngii ngii sound too before i change to new pads. There are cracks and uneven surface on the pads. After changing to new pads, its fine.
Is it void warranty if we skim both pad and rotor outside? Will honda know if we skim these?

QUOTE(feralee @ Jun 29 2017, 12:57 PM)
Try changing the brake pad

And also check the caliper piston (scare jam causing uneven pad wear)
Any source how to check? or just send to foreman ask them check?

QUOTE(CarroTT @ Jun 29 2017, 01:02 PM)
Only way to remedy it without changing any parts is by using anti squeal paste or a high temperature grease. Apply it to the pads where it touches the caliper.

Fyi, normal grease spray or white lithium grease not going to work as the brakes operating temperature higher than the grease separation temperature. U need at least copper or aluminum grease, usually rated above 500 C. Even polyurea grease rated at 270 C may not work.
Bro, you sound pro on this. Can you provide more info where and how to do it?

You guys have workshop recommendation which good at resolving this issue? Please PM me.
Zot
post Jun 29 2017, 02:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,887 posts

QUOTE(CarroTT @ Jun 29 2017, 01:02 PM)

You want to stop your car in time but you apply grease! rclxub.gif
cooljik93
post Jun 29 2017, 03:11 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 02:46 PM)
Is it void warranty if we skim both pad and rotor outside? Will honda know if we skim these?
This one have to ask other sifus. But did SC charge for skimming the pads? If no maybe ask them skim both? I think skimming the pads and rotors they also tak tau punya. hmm.gif hmm.gif
But it is better to ask an experience foreman to check if sending to SC is useless.

TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 03:15 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(cooljik93 @ Jun 29 2017, 03:11 PM)
This one have to ask other sifus. But did SC charge for skimming the pads? If no maybe ask them skim both? I think skimming the pads and rotors they also tak tau punya.  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
But it is better to ask an experience foreman to check if sending to SC is useless.
Thanks.

Anyone know if skim brake pad only or both will void warranty? How much it cause? and recommended shop to do this in KL area?

CarroTT
post Jun 29 2017, 03:20 PM

ms. sunflower
1,181 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 02:46 PM)
Any source how to check? or just send to foreman ask them check?
Bro, you sound pro on this. Can you provide more info where and how to do it?
You guys have workshop recommendation which good at resolving this issue? Please PM me.
I think most car workshops mechanics have no technical knowledge of grease. Summore these high temperature grease are substantially more expensive oso.

Can easily diy urself geh, go to ACE hardware look for permatex high temp anti seize spray. Its aluminum base. About rm60-70.
Spray at the clip and piston touching the pad.

U not worried with what Zot said meh?
Later crash n burn dun blame me. Heheheee

If still got sound oso i m not responsible. Hehheee
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 03:40 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(CarroTT @ Jun 29 2017, 03:20 PM)
I think most car workshops mechanics have no technical knowledge of grease. Summore these high temperature grease are substantially more expensive oso.

Can easily diy urself geh, go to ACE hardware look for permatex high temp anti seize spray. Its aluminum base. About rm60-70.
Spray at the clip and piston touching the pad.

U not worried with what Zot said meh?
Later crash n burn dun blame me. Heheheee

If still got sound oso i m not responsible. Hehheee
Come on bro, serious discussion only.
CarroTT
post Jun 29 2017, 04:09 PM

ms. sunflower
1,181 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 03:40 PM)
Come on bro, serious discussion only.
I m reli quite serious.... sit in meeting texting on this forum with serious face.... but some pepo think i m joking with your life

This post has been edited by CarroTT: Jun 29 2017, 04:10 PM
rcracer
post Jun 29 2017, 05:29 PM

?????
3,509 posts

YouTube Chris fix, ultimate ultimate guide
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 05:57 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Jun 29 2017, 05:29 PM)
YouTube Chris fix, ultimate ultimate guide
Thanks for the very informative source but unfortunately i don't think i can DIY even tho i finished the video. It's look like very straight forward issue but i was so curious why honda sc cant fix it. Now i have the impression either they din fix it at all or simply bluff me away.

foohoa
post Jun 29 2017, 06:00 PM

Enthusiast
917 posts

change to bendix break pad la, i not drive honda
its still didn't give me any problem
rcracer
post Jun 29 2017, 07:00 PM

?????
3,509 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 05:57 PM)
Thanks for the very informative source but unfortunately i don't think i can DIY even tho i finished the video. It's look like very straight forward issue but i was so curious why honda sc cant fix it. Now i have the impression either they din fix it at all or simply bluff me away.
They don't have the time and the grease and anti seize is expensive for them
ayamxxx
post Jul 4 2017, 04:09 PM

Casual
439 posts

i face this problem currently, mine is accord 2014. current mileage is at 71k km. now if apply mid to hard brake force, the car will vibrate a lot, suspect the disc is warped already.

yes, call honda sc, they noted on this issue and will repair it foc by skim the brake disc.
however, they said have to change the brake pad as weell which is not under warranty.

been quoted for rm695 for both front brake pad from Semenyih Honda sc. still yet going to sc.

if it is sign of worn brake pad, it is not since the technician already verify there are still remaining pad.

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Jul 4 2017, 04:11 PM
TSdRLurve
post Jul 6 2017, 03:29 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 4 2017, 04:09 PM)
i face this problem currently, mine is accord 2014. current mileage is at 71k km. now if apply mid to hard brake force, the car will vibrate a lot, suspect the disc is warped already.

yes, call honda sc, they noted on this issue and will repair it foc by skim the brake disc.
however, they said have to change the brake pad as weell which is not under warranty.

been quoted for rm695 for both front brake pad from Semenyih Honda sc. still yet going to sc.

if it is sign of worn brake pad, it is not since the technician already verify there are still remaining pad.
I was told by the Honda technician that it was the brake pad material choose by honda cause this problem (unverified) and skim the disc dont guaranty if the problem wont return. For your case then it make sense as the car adi clocked 70+KM mileage but my car just 10KM and it happened on the very first month till now.
therain01
post Jul 7 2017, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

Only rotor with bad design/bad material /bad batch/ bad brake pad wil have disk wrap issue. Why would people allow Honda Malaysia to run away by just giving temporary fix? They should replace the whole set of disk and pad FOC due to factory defect, and well, it's under warranty after all.

Even the people's hated/beloved P1 and P2 will replace the item due to factory defects.
Spitzer
post Jul 7 2017, 01:30 AM

39 posts

change to brembo big brake kit lo

budget around 15-20k should be can settle la for brand-new kit.

Once you press break everyone in your car terkejut mati brek gila power polis saman brek terlalu kuat until traffic light don't dare to turn red on you.
ayamxxx
post Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 6 2017, 03:29 PM)
I was told by the Honda technician that it was the brake pad material choose by honda cause this problem (unverified) and skim the disc dont guaranty if the problem wont return. For your case then it make sense as the car adi clocked 70+KM mileage but my car just 10KM and it happened on the very first month till now.
QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 7 2017, 01:15 AM)
Only rotor with bad design/bad material /bad batch/ bad brake pad wil have disk wrap issue. Why would people allow Honda Malaysia to run away by just giving temporary fix? They should replace the whole set of disk and pad FOC due to factory defect, and well, it's under warranty after all.

Even the people's hated/beloved P1 and P2 will replace the item due to factory defects.
this problem already happen since 8th gen accord (like perdana accord type)

I have this vibrate issues since 55k km, quite disappointed that consumer have to pay for brake pad, even if it happen says like 10k km.
TSdRLurve
post Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM)

I have this vibrate issues since 55k km, quite disappointed that consumer have to pay for brake pad, even if it happen says like 10k km.
If changing the brake pad can solve the issue then i dont mind change it (outside or original part). Maybe i should go to look for original pad and change it outside. If it solved then i will go ahead.
Autocountstick
post Jul 7 2017, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
226 posts

mine oso the same sound. but my abs light turn on
therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 01:49 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM)

That is indeed very bad of Honda Malaysia. I knew that they are sneaky since many years ago when my Honda city year 2005 has CVT shifting issue within warranty period which was denied later by Honda Malaysia. I never look into honda car since then. Thanks to Honda Malaysia.

Well a bad pad could cause disc wrap too. But common sense tell us a brake pad should last at least 40k km or even a lot more. They denied your warranty claim at 10k km. Guess everyone should know how genuine Honda Malaysia warranty is.
therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM)
If changing the brake pad can solve the issue then i dont mind change it (outside or original part). Maybe i should go to look for original pad and change it outside. If it solved then i will go ahead.
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't skim the rotor disk.

Brake pads has wear indicator. If it is not nearing the wear off point I believe user has the right to refuse replacement.

therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Jul 7 2017, 04:53 PM)
mine oso the same sound. but my abs light turn on
Disk wrap should not trigger abs warning light. When the light is on that's mean your ABS is not working. Bearing, abs speed sensor, speedometer teeth, abs modulator all can trigger abs warning light. Better send your car to read the fault code.
TSdRLurve
post Jul 8 2017, 10:14 PM

Casual
350 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM)
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't  skim the rotor disk.

Brake pads has wear indicator. If it is not nearing the wear off point I believe user has the right to refuse replacement.
If that the case then even worst. I though the brake pad is cheaper than a rotor disk? I would prefer permanent solution than keep skimming the rotor.
therain01
post Jul 10 2017, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
133 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 8 2017, 10:14 PM)
If that the case then even worst. I though the brake pad is cheaper than a rotor disk? I would prefer permanent solution than keep skimming the rotor.
I believe Honda service center brake pad will cost as much as OEM rotor disk. I might be wrong though as I have not own any Honda cars for years.
Autocountstick
post Jul 10 2017, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
226 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM)
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't  skim the rotor disk.

Thanks for your info, ABS problem need a day to change it and need appointment, door got weird sound , no weekend... hardly to do... sad.gif
grisslebear
post Aug 5 2018, 12:43 AM

11 posts

Hi TS,
So what is your solution for the brake noise?I'm having same problem too on Accord 2018.sad.gif
Did you change your brake pads?
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 12:51 AM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 12:43 AM)
Hi TS,
So what is your solution for the brake noise?I'm having same problem too on Accord 2018.sad.gif
Did you change your brake pads?
Mine was accord 2015. Got juddering issues when braking. Send to sc, they skim my disc for 1st time at 50k km. Juddering back after 2k km from that. Sc ask to change brake pad at rm700 (pad only n front) but no warranty the juddering is solve.

Install mine with TRW brake pad from lowyat seller at rm180. No more juddering for almost 4 months now. Especially happen past then at karak highways.

Since brake pad is no warranty then im feels waste to pay rm700 for brake pad
grisslebear
post Aug 5 2018, 01:03 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Aug 5 2018, 12:51 AM)
Mine was accord 2015. Got juddering issues when braking. Send to sc, they skim my disc for 1st time at 50k km. Juddering back after 2k km from that. Sc ask to change brake pad at rm700 (pad only n front) but no warranty the juddering is solve.

Install mine with TRW brake pad from lowyat seller at rm180. No more juddering for almost 4 months now. Especially happen past then at karak highways.

Since brake pad is no warranty then im feels waste to pay rm700 for brake pad
Mine is barely 3k and hiss sound from medium braking. Got an appointment with the SC soon. Wondering what should I do? Since it is my first time sending to SC. I read that skimming won't do much. Any advice? Any forumers know of a proven solution ? Im based in JB...
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 12:57 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 01:03 AM)
Mine is barely 3k and hiss sound from medium braking. Got an appointment with the SC soon. Wondering what should I do? Since it is my first time sending to SC. I read that skimming won't do much. Any advice? Any forumers know of a proven solution ? Im based in JB...
Since yours it really new, better ask sc to check n ask for warranty claim. If they kinda reluctant to change it, just call honda hotline n submit email complaints to their email cs. But in general, from fb accord malaysia 9th gen groups, the brake problem (juddering or hissing sound) will come back after certain time or mileage. Probably due to quality parts of the brake parts itself.
grisslebear
post Aug 5 2018, 01:54 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Aug 5 2018, 12:57 PM)
Since yours it really new, better ask sc to check n ask for warranty claim. If they kinda reluctant to change it, just call honda hotline n submit email complaints to their email cs. But in general, from fb accord malaysia 9th gen groups, the brake problem (juddering or hissing sound) will come back after certain time or mileage. Probably due to quality parts of the brake parts itself.
Thanks for your info. Will try that and see. But they will also change back the same pads and rotors? I read changing Brembo brake pads helps? Anybody tried?
Thrust
post Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM

Power To The People!!!
2,672 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 01:54 PM)
Thanks for your info. Will try that and see. But they will also change back the same pads and rotors? I read changing Brembo brake pads helps? Anybody tried?
Brembo brake pads are the worst pad I've used. These pads will produce an annoying sound when you step on the brakes and your car is about to stop. Avoid at all cost.

Byright the original pads are the best and balanced pads in terms of low brake dust, quietness and stopping power.
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 11:11 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM)
Brembo brake pads are the worst pad I've used. These pads will produce an annoying sound when you step on the brakes and your car is about to stop. Avoid at all cost.

Byright the original pads are the best and balanced pads in terms of low brake dust, quietness and stopping power.
Yes original was the best. But not for Honda accord which had the brake issue since 8th gen accord. And some with on the 9th gen.

Even after claiming the pad n rotor, the problems do repeating after certain mileage hit.
AKUJEFF
post Aug 6 2018, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM)

OMG i 100% agree with you , Im using Brembo brake pads now . it will produce an annoying sound when i step on the brake and when the car is going to stop .. So regret change to Brembo brake pad cry.gif
DanialTan1990
post Aug 6 2018, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

GG bearing error
Thrust
post Aug 6 2018, 11:03 AM

Power To The People!!!
2,672 posts

QUOTE(AKUJEFF @ Aug 6 2018, 10:29 AM)
OMG i 100% agree with you , Im using Brembo brake pads now . it will produce an annoying sound when i step on the brake and when the car is going to stop .. So regret change to Brembo brake pad cry.gif
I swap back to the original honda pads because I cannot stand the annoying sound after 1 month of usage.
dares
post Aug 6 2018, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(AKUJEFF @ Aug 6 2018, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 6 2018, 11:03 AM)
I swap back to the original honda pads because I cannot stand the annoying sound after 1 month of usage.
I am using Brembo on both my cars (one of them almost 2 years already), have not experience any of those problems.
Thrust
post Aug 6 2018, 11:49 AM

Power To The People!!!
2,672 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Aug 6 2018, 11:27 AM)
I am using Brembo on both my cars (one of them almost 2 years already), have not experience any of those problems.
Probably we bought the imitation stuff which cost only rm110 for the pads.

Is yours the same?
RVN10
post May 16 2019, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Jun 29 2017, 11:07 AM)
honda and the brakes.
happens to all honda.

changed outside or with honda service center?
kons
post May 16 2019, 02:23 PM

Конс
Group Icon
5,651 posts

QUOTE(RVN10 @ May 16 2019, 11:46 AM)
changed outside or with honda service center?
i changed outside.. service centre $$$
sky_lee20
post Jun 10 2019, 10:21 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Aug 5 2018, 11:11 PM)
Yes original was the best. But not for Honda accord which had the brake issue since 8th gen accord. And some with on the 9th gen.

Even after claiming the pad n rotor, the problems do repeating after certain mileage hit.
Bro,so how to solve honda accord brake problem?
ayamxxx
post Jun 10 2019, 10:51 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(sky_lee20 @ Jun 10 2019, 10:21 PM)
Bro,so how to solve honda accord brake problem?
My case, send sc for warranty, i thought can claim new rotor/disc. But sc said after 3 times skim if problem still there then only can claim new parts. So proceed with brake skim by sc under warranty.

Then I straight change to aftermarket brake pad. So far no more vibration issues. Already on 2 times pad changed
Valentino46
post Jun 11 2019, 05:09 AM

On my way
629 posts

i had the issue before with the stock brake pad,after changing to ferodo pads and properly greasing the backing plate with ample of grease i had not heard a hint of brake noise for years now.
note you must use the correct grease for different part of the brake component otherwise you might mess up the brake especially the rubber parts,if you sent to outside mechanic make sure they know what they are doing,or at least wiling to follow your instruction
TSdRLurve
post Jun 12 2019, 09:47 PM

Casual
350 posts

For those who still looking for solution on the Honda Accord brake sound issue, i can share out that my case have been solved since i changed the brake pad (third party brand). My foreman also informed me that the brake cliper also got intermittent jamming issue but i only replaced the brake pad and the sound already resolved. So, my advise is that you can take out the original pad, replace it with third part brake pad to see if it resolve your problem. If not, you can swap it back anytime unless you have problem about the $$.
Fenix98
post Jun 12 2019, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have?  :confused:  cry.gif

[QUOTE]

Rub some sperm there.... it’s a Honda... if BMW tukar je... warranty
ayamxxx
post Jun 13 2019, 06:01 AM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 12 2019, 09:47 PM)
For those who still looking for solution on the Honda Accord brake sound issue, i can share out that my case have been solved since i changed the brake pad (third party brand). My foreman also informed me that the brake cliper also got intermittent jamming issue but i only replaced the brake pad and the sound already resolved. So, my advise is that you can take out the original pad, replace it with third part brake pad to see if it resolve your problem. If not, you can swap it back anytime unless you have problem about the $$.
Surprisingly this was also my solution. Honda ori pad made in Thailand suck in quality
grisslebear
post Jun 28 2019, 11:57 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jun 13 2019, 06:01 AM)
Surprisingly this was also my solution. Honda ori pad made in Thailand suck in quality
What brake pad brand do u recommend? Might check it out.
ayamxxx
post Jun 29 2019, 09:19 AM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Jun 28 2019, 11:57 PM)
What brake pad brand do u recommend? Might check it out.
Im using trw pad sold in garage sales

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0980sec    1.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 02:19 AM