4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Brake Noise, Honda Accord

views

ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 12:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 01:03 AM)
Mine is barely 3k and hiss sound from medium braking. Got an appointment with the SC soon. Wondering what should I do? Since it is my first time sending to SC. I read that skimming won't do much. Any advice? Any forumers know of a proven solution ? Im based in JB...
Since yours it really new, better ask sc to check n ask for warranty claim. If they kinda reluctant to change it, just call honda hotline n submit email complaints to their email cs. But in general, from fb accord malaysia 9th gen groups, the brake problem (juddering or hissing sound) will come back after certain time or mileage. Probably due to quality parts of the brake parts itself.
grisslebear
post Aug 5 2018, 01:54 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Aug 5 2018, 12:57 PM)
Since yours it really new, better ask sc to check n ask for warranty claim. If they kinda reluctant to change it, just call honda hotline n submit email complaints to their email cs. But in general, from fb accord malaysia 9th gen groups, the brake problem (juddering or hissing sound) will come back after certain time or mileage. Probably due to quality parts of the brake parts itself.
Thanks for your info. Will try that and see. But they will also change back the same pads and rotors? I read changing Brembo brake pads helps? Anybody tried?
Thrust
post Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 01:54 PM)
Thanks for your info. Will try that and see. But they will also change back the same pads and rotors? I read changing Brembo brake pads helps? Anybody tried?
Brembo brake pads are the worst pad I've used. These pads will produce an annoying sound when you step on the brakes and your car is about to stop. Avoid at all cost.

Byright the original pads are the best and balanced pads in terms of low brake dust, quietness and stopping power.
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM)
Brembo brake pads are the worst pad I've used. These pads will produce an annoying sound when you step on the brakes and your car is about to stop. Avoid at all cost.

Byright the original pads are the best and balanced pads in terms of low brake dust, quietness and stopping power.
Yes original was the best. But not for Honda accord which had the brake issue since 8th gen accord. And some with on the 9th gen.

Even after claiming the pad n rotor, the problems do repeating after certain mileage hit.
AKUJEFF
post Aug 6 2018, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 5 2018, 02:56 PM)

OMG i 100% agree with you , Im using Brembo brake pads now . it will produce an annoying sound when i step on the brake and when the car is going to stop .. So regret change to Brembo brake pad cry.gif
DanialTan1990
post Aug 6 2018, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

GG bearing error
Thrust
post Aug 6 2018, 11:03 AM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(AKUJEFF @ Aug 6 2018, 10:29 AM)
OMG i 100% agree with you , Im using Brembo brake pads now . it will produce an annoying sound when i step on the brake and when the car is going to stop .. So regret change to Brembo brake pad cry.gif
I swap back to the original honda pads because I cannot stand the annoying sound after 1 month of usage.
dares
post Aug 6 2018, 11:27 AM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(AKUJEFF @ Aug 6 2018, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE(Thrust @ Aug 6 2018, 11:03 AM)
I swap back to the original honda pads because I cannot stand the annoying sound after 1 month of usage.
I am using Brembo on both my cars (one of them almost 2 years already), have not experience any of those problems.
Thrust
post Aug 6 2018, 11:49 AM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Aug 6 2018, 11:27 AM)
I am using Brembo on both my cars (one of them almost 2 years already), have not experience any of those problems.
Probably we bought the imitation stuff which cost only rm110 for the pads.

Is yours the same?
RVN10
post May 16 2019, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Jun 29 2017, 11:07 AM)
honda and the brakes.
happens to all honda.

i just changed the disc and brakepad. so far no more sound after clocking 20k
changed outside or with honda service center?
kons
post May 16 2019, 02:23 PM

Конс
Group Icon
6,142 posts

QUOTE(RVN10 @ May 16 2019, 11:46 AM)
changed outside or with honda service center?
i changed outside.. service centre $$$
sky_lee20
post Jun 10 2019, 10:21 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Aug 5 2018, 11:11 PM)
Yes original was the best. But not for Honda accord which had the brake issue since 8th gen accord. And some with on the 9th gen.

Even after claiming the pad n rotor, the problems do repeating after certain mileage hit.
Bro,so how to solve honda accord brake problem?
ayamxxx
post Jun 10 2019, 10:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(sky_lee20 @ Jun 10 2019, 10:21 PM)
Bro,so how to solve honda accord brake problem?
My case, send sc for warranty, i thought can claim new rotor/disc. But sc said after 3 times skim if problem still there then only can claim new parts. So proceed with brake skim by sc under warranty.

Then I straight change to aftermarket brake pad. So far no more vibration issues. Already on 2 times pad changed
Valentino46
post Jun 11 2019, 05:09 AM

On my way
638 posts

i had the issue before with the stock brake pad,after changing to ferodo pads and properly greasing the backing plate with ample of grease i had not heard a hint of brake noise for years now.
note you must use the correct grease for different part of the brake component otherwise you might mess up the brake especially the rubber parts,if you sent to outside mechanic make sure they know what they are doing,or at least wiling to follow your instruction
TSdRLurve
post Jun 12 2019, 09:47 PM

Casual
357 posts

For those who still looking for solution on the Honda Accord brake sound issue, i can share out that my case have been solved since i changed the brake pad (third party brand). My foreman also informed me that the brake cliper also got intermittent jamming issue but i only replaced the brake pad and the sound already resolved. So, my advise is that you can take out the original pad, replace it with third part brake pad to see if it resolve your problem. If not, you can swap it back anytime unless you have problem about the $$.
SUSFenix98
post Jun 12 2019, 10:02 PM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 11:04 AM)
Hi all sifu, need recommendations on what i should do next. I have a facelifted Honda Accord and the car now clocking 10K mileage. My car making ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ngiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii noise when braking (Check the attached youtube video). Asked Uncle Google and look like a well known issue without permanent solution. I have returned to Honda Service Center thrice and everytime they just told me brake pad uneven/stone chip/rotor unven. The problem returned after one or two days.

Edit* Video Owner disabled sharing. Here the link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bfq1nxJ2k"

Any sifu or Honda experts here can share what can i do to fix it? What option do i have?  :confused:  cry.gif

Please dont ask me change the car. Serious talk plz.
[QUOTE]

Rub some sperm there.... it’s a Honda... if BMW tukar je... warranty
ayamxxx
post Jun 13 2019, 06:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 12 2019, 09:47 PM)
For those who still looking for solution on the Honda Accord brake sound issue, i can share out that my case have been solved since i changed the brake pad (third party brand). My foreman also informed me that the brake cliper also got intermittent jamming issue but i only replaced the brake pad and the sound already resolved. So, my advise is that you can take out the original pad, replace it with third part brake pad to see if it resolve your problem. If not, you can swap it back anytime unless you have problem about the $$.
Surprisingly this was also my solution. Honda ori pad made in Thailand suck in quality
grisslebear
post Jun 28 2019, 11:57 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jun 13 2019, 06:01 AM)
Surprisingly this was also my solution. Honda ori pad made in Thailand suck in quality
What brake pad brand do u recommend? Might check it out.
ayamxxx
post Jun 29 2019, 09:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Jun 28 2019, 11:57 PM)
What brake pad brand do u recommend? Might check it out.
Im using trw pad sold in garage sales
maranello55
post Sep 15 2020, 05:29 PM

Accelera Ayrton!!
3,381 posts

My honda got same prob. Just skim at the sc also not long after dat sound is back (not as loud but still there). But only in low speed.

Prob started after few hundred km with new pads.

Next plan go ah beng workshop

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0522sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:44 AM