3,743 posts

YouTube Chris fix, ultimate ultimate guide
TSdRLurve
post Jun 29 2017, 05:57 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Jun 29 2017, 05:29 PM)
YouTube Chris fix, ultimate ultimate guide
Thanks for the very informative source but unfortunately i don't think i can DIY even tho i finished the video. It's look like very straight forward issue but i was so curious why honda sc cant fix it. Now i have the impression either they din fix it at all or simply bluff me away.

foohoa
post Jun 29 2017, 06:00 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

change to bendix break pad la, i not drive honda
its still didn't give me any problem
rcracer
post Jun 29 2017, 07:00 PM

?????
3,743 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jun 29 2017, 05:57 PM)
Thanks for the very informative source but unfortunately i don't think i can DIY even tho i finished the video. It's look like very straight forward issue but i was so curious why honda sc cant fix it. Now i have the impression either they din fix it at all or simply bluff me away.
They don't have the time and the grease and anti seize is expensive for them
ayamxxx
post Jul 4 2017, 04:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

i face this problem currently, mine is accord 2014. current mileage is at 71k km. now if apply mid to hard brake force, the car will vibrate a lot, suspect the disc is warped already.

yes, call honda sc, they noted on this issue and will repair it foc by skim the brake disc.
however, they said have to change the brake pad as weell which is not under warranty.

been quoted for rm695 for both front brake pad from Semenyih Honda sc. still yet going to sc.

if it is sign of worn brake pad, it is not since the technician already verify there are still remaining pad.

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Jul 4 2017, 04:11 PM
TSdRLurve
post Jul 6 2017, 03:29 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 4 2017, 04:09 PM)
i face this problem currently, mine is accord 2014. current mileage is at 71k km. now if apply mid to hard brake force, the car will vibrate a lot, suspect the disc is warped already.

yes, call honda sc, they noted on this issue and will repair it foc by skim the brake disc.
however, they said have to change the brake pad as weell which is not under warranty.

been quoted for rm695 for both front brake pad from Semenyih Honda sc. still yet going to sc.

if it is sign of worn brake pad, it is not since the technician already verify there are still remaining pad.
I was told by the Honda technician that it was the brake pad material choose by honda cause this problem (unverified) and skim the disc dont guaranty if the problem wont return. For your case then it make sense as the car adi clocked 70+KM mileage but my car just 10KM and it happened on the very first month till now.
therain01
post Jul 7 2017, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

Only rotor with bad design/bad material /bad batch/ bad brake pad wil have disk wrap issue. Why would people allow Honda Malaysia to run away by just giving temporary fix? They should replace the whole set of disk and pad FOC due to factory defect, and well, it's under warranty after all.

Even the people's hated/beloved P1 and P2 will replace the item due to factory defects.
Spitzer
post Jul 7 2017, 01:30 AM

Casual
374 posts

change to brembo big brake kit lo

budget around 15-20k should be can settle la for brand-new kit.

Once you press break everyone in your car terkejut mati brek gila power polis saman brek terlalu kuat until traffic light don't dare to turn red on you.
ayamxxx
post Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 6 2017, 03:29 PM)
I was told by the Honda technician that it was the brake pad material choose by honda cause this problem (unverified) and skim the disc dont guaranty if the problem wont return. For your case then it make sense as the car adi clocked 70+KM mileage but my car just 10KM and it happened on the very first month till now.
QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 7 2017, 01:15 AM)
Only rotor with bad design/bad material /bad batch/ bad brake pad wil have disk wrap issue. Why would people allow Honda Malaysia to run away by just giving temporary fix? They should replace the whole set of disk and pad FOC due to factory defect, and well, it's under warranty after all.

Even the people's hated/beloved P1 and P2 will replace the item due to factory defects.
this problem already happen since 8th gen accord (like perdana accord type)

I have this vibrate issues since 55k km, quite disappointed that consumer have to pay for brake pad, even if it happen says like 10k km.
TSdRLurve
post Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM)

I have this vibrate issues since 55k km, quite disappointed that consumer have to pay for brake pad, even if it happen says like 10k km.
If changing the brake pad can solve the issue then i dont mind change it (outside or original part). Maybe i should go to look for original pad and change it outside. If it solved then i will go ahead.
Autocountstick
post Jul 7 2017, 04:53 PM

Casual
465 posts

mine oso the same sound. but my abs light turn on
therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 01:49 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jul 7 2017, 04:44 PM)

That is indeed very bad of Honda Malaysia. I knew that they are sneaky since many years ago when my Honda city year 2005 has CVT shifting issue within warranty period which was denied later by Honda Malaysia. I never look into honda car since then. Thanks to Honda Malaysia.

Well a bad pad could cause disc wrap too. But common sense tell us a brake pad should last at least 40k km or even a lot more. They denied your warranty claim at 10k km. Guess everyone should know how genuine Honda Malaysia warranty is.
therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM)
If changing the brake pad can solve the issue then i dont mind change it (outside or original part). Maybe i should go to look for original pad and change it outside. If it solved then i will go ahead.
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't skim the rotor disk.

Brake pads has wear indicator. If it is not nearing the wear off point I believe user has the right to refuse replacement.

therain01
post Jul 8 2017, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Jul 7 2017, 04:53 PM)
mine oso the same sound. but my abs light turn on
Disk wrap should not trigger abs warning light. When the light is on that's mean your ABS is not working. Bearing, abs speed sensor, speedometer teeth, abs modulator all can trigger abs warning light. Better send your car to read the fault code.
TSdRLurve
post Jul 8 2017, 10:14 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM)
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't  skim the rotor disk.

Brake pads has wear indicator. If it is not nearing the wear off point I believe user has the right to refuse replacement.
If that the case then even worst. I though the brake pad is cheaper than a rotor disk? I would prefer permanent solution than keep skimming the rotor.
therain01
post Jul 10 2017, 12:02 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(dRLurve @ Jul 8 2017, 10:14 PM)
If that the case then even worst. I though the brake pad is cheaper than a rotor disk? I would prefer permanent solution than keep skimming the rotor.
I believe Honda service center brake pad will cost as much as OEM rotor disk. I might be wrong though as I have not own any Honda cars for years.
Autocountstick
post Jul 10 2017, 09:43 AM

Casual
465 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jul 8 2017, 01:54 AM)
I say you should not replace the brake pads at all. Let them skim the rotor and use back the old pads and hopefully it will wrap again very soon. Then skim then wrap again until they can't  skim the rotor disk.

Thanks for your info, ABS problem need a day to change it and need appointment, door got weird sound , no weekend... hardly to do... sad.gif
grisslebear
post Aug 5 2018, 12:43 AM

16 posts

Hi TS,
So what is your solution for the brake noise?I'm having same problem too on Accord 2018.sad.gif
Did you change your brake pads?
ayamxxx
post Aug 5 2018, 12:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(grisslebear @ Aug 5 2018, 12:43 AM)
Hi TS,
So what is your solution for the brake noise?I'm having same problem too on Accord 2018.sad.gif
Did you change your brake pads?
Mine was accord 2015. Got juddering issues when braking. Send to sc, they skim my disc for 1st time at 50k km. Juddering back after 2k km from that. Sc ask to change brake pad at rm700 (pad only n front) but no warranty the juddering is solve.

Install mine with TRW brake pad from lowyat seller at rm180. No more juddering for almost 4 months now. Especially happen past then at karak highways.

Since brake pad is no warranty then im feels waste to pay rm700 for brake pad
grisslebear
post Aug 5 2018, 01:03 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Aug 5 2018, 12:51 AM)
Mine was accord 2015. Got juddering issues when braking. Send to sc, they skim my disc for 1st time at 50k km. Juddering back after 2k km from that. Sc ask to change brake pad at rm700 (pad only n front) but no warranty the juddering is solve.

Install mine with TRW brake pad from lowyat seller at rm180. No more juddering for almost 4 months now. Especially happen past then at karak highways.

Since brake pad is no warranty then im feels waste to pay rm700 for brake pad
Mine is barely 3k and hiss sound from medium braking. Got an appointment with the SC soon. Wondering what should I do? Since it is my first time sending to SC. I read that skimming won't do much. Any advice? Any forumers know of a proven solution ? Im based in JB...

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:14 AM