8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Liverpool LYN Kop Talk - 2017/2018, SPA 1 : 1 LIV #YNWA

views

champlaos11
post Jul 13 2017, 08:28 PM

Casual
312 posts

For those who like stats and those who think we still have plenty of time left to sign players.

Here's a fun fact for you guys.

We haven't signed a player after 22nd July in summer window for 3 YEARS IN A ROW.
champlaos11
post Jul 13 2017, 08:31 PM

Casual
312 posts

And when you have to rely on your targets i.e. VVD & Keita to submit transfer request to force a move. What does that say about us? We are behaving like amateurs. This is annoying and frustrating.
champlaos11
post Jul 15 2017, 12:23 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Jul 15 2017, 07:45 AM)
I'd welcome Sakho back with open arms.

This guy is a beast defender without doubt but he is lacking discipline;  which can be trained over time of course.

Just because he did a backhand slide with Benteke, people were going up all up in arms and hung him dry, and banished him? Our egos can handle that, esp in a time when talent is expensively hard to come by.
QUOTE(Cloud0890 @ Jul 15 2017, 09:39 AM)
I agree. He is hands down better than both Lucas and Klavan, It's of course better that we actually go out and sign a way better defender in Van Dijk, but with Soton keen to hold him on for another year before selling, it might seem a better option to just use Sakho instead of signing another one. Just save that money and spot for Van Dijk next year.

Selling Lucas not only opens up a slot for a backup CB, it also opens up a slot for a backup midfielder which Grujic should be given a chance to impress. He was way too good for the reserves last season but injuries hindered his first team chances.
Sometime I really don't understand what's the thinking behind our organization.

How on earth do we expect to sell Sakho for 30M when we are isolating him publicly?!

At least put on some shows that we are more than welcomed to have him back.

Anyway, the best we can hope for is another loan deal for him.

Because Klopp is stubborn af.

But seeing Juventus is losing Bonucci, there might be some hopes that we can offer them Sakho but certainly not at 30M price tag.

Did anyone see the highlights this morning? I know it's just a pre-season but godamnit we conceded yet another sloppy FK header goal. Same old story.
champlaos11
post Jul 16 2017, 09:35 AM

Casual
312 posts

LFC to bid 70M for Keita after first bid of 57M was rejected.
champlaos11
post Jul 23 2017, 10:26 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 22 2017, 10:18 PM)
Yeah then we agree that we have to offer silly amount of money to get the man this summer. Do u agree with that though? Because I can't, he could still be filed away as a one season wonder
If we have the money (which I think we definitely have) then why not?

People moan when we don't spend. People also moan when we spend or overspend.

I for one don't care how much we spend as long as we sign someone who can improve us instantly. Simply because it's not even our money lol. So what's there to disagree? As long as it doesn't jeopardize our budget for other signing. It's clear the budget for this summer is Salah @ 35M, Keita + VVD @ 150M and one cheap backup LB which is Andrew Robertson. The end.

One thing that I'm not agree with is the lack of alternatives. It's plain ridiculous and childish. Imagine we plan to spend on Keita for 75M or nothing no absolutely no one else will come in apart from Keita @ 75M. I keep saying we need a better scouting system.

And it's obvious that Klopp doesn't prioritize signing a classic/reliable striker this summer. With Firmino given #9, it's even clearer. Plus everyone else was so sure that Studge was gonna leave this summer but now it looks like it won't happen.

If I have a choice then I'd would like us to sign a center back first before Keita.

On the other hand, for such a short cameo, Ryan Kent actually caught my eyes!
champlaos11
post Jul 24 2017, 09:06 PM

Casual
312 posts

Breaking news:

Keita was involved in a training ground bust-up. RBL training had to be cancel immediately.

Keita was unhappy that his teammate Demme was going tough on him so he injured Demme instead.
Now Demme is lying on the ground injured.
champlaos11
post Jul 25 2017, 07:53 AM

Casual
312 posts

West Ham have signed Javier Hernandez for ONLY 16M pounds!! That is the signing of the summer right there.

I personally like him a lot. Strikers like him are a rare commodity nowadays.

West Ham will need to change their style to adapt to Chicharito's strength.
champlaos11
post Aug 4 2017, 08:19 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(AnythingK @ Aug 4 2017, 07:46 PM)
Oh my..Hoffenheim, a tough one..

And saw one post saying that Hoffenheim was unbeaten in their home turf during last season league games.
They are the toughest draw that we could possible get.

Another fact about Hoffenheim:

They scored the most set piece goals in bundesliga last season.

Fun fact: Hoffenheim's manager Julian Nagelsmann was last year's bundesliga manager of the year. James Milner and Ragnar Klavan are both older than Nagelsmann. Adam Lallana is only 9 months younger than him. Nagelsmann is only bloody 30 years old!

The only good thing is the second leg is at Anfield. But I'm sure they don't fancy that either.

First leg 15/16. Second leg 22/23.

champlaos11
post Aug 5 2017, 12:58 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(Cloud0890 @ Aug 4 2017, 10:09 PM)
2nd toughest in my opinion just behind Nice. Interesting fact, Nagelsmann is unbeaten at home in the Bundesliga last season.
Good thing is Hoffenheim will play football instead of parking the bus, I think...

And they have lost their first choice CB Sule and one other player (I can't remember who).

We desperately need a new CB. Season is just a week away and our first choice CB pair is still is Matip and Lovren. Sigh.
champlaos11
post Aug 7 2017, 08:15 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(AnythingK @ Aug 7 2017, 06:02 PM)
Let's raid Eriksen
This is a genuinely good shout
champlaos11
post Aug 8 2017, 07:21 AM

Casual
312 posts

The longer this drags on, the more it would be for VVD to just leave Southampton rather than joining us. If Southampton only accept bid from Chelsea and reject ours, then there is only one way out for VVD as he has burnt the bridges.
champlaos11
post Aug 8 2017, 04:16 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(koolspyda @ Aug 8 2017, 03:22 PM)
Carra said Liverpool DON'T need Barcelona money.
[cough]

Now we have a good coach/manager (in klopp), we haven't won anything yet but we have promising gameplay in years. Why would coutinho WANT to leave us.

The key words here are: haven't won anything; promising; in years.

As VVD said it, footballer career is a really short one. Coutinho has no time to waste. He needs to be in the team that can compete immediately. Whether he's kind enough to give us another year is up to him entirely.

And for anyone saying that Coutinho will only go to PSG because his best buddy Neymar is there, you all should wake up because they are not 6 years kid where they only want to play with their best buddies.

Supposedly we still have 140M to be spent (70 for Keita and 70 for VVD), and we can't even spend those money because clubs do not want to sell. What's the use to give us another 100M from selling Coutinho if we can't spend them. This will be the chance for us to see what's FSG intention.

But of course if Coutinho publicly agitated for a move then we will have no choice do we?
champlaos11
post Aug 8 2017, 05:20 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(manx @ Aug 8 2017, 04:44 PM)
for this... i really admire our neighbour... they did their business early even before Lukaku was sold...They know they have the money... buy buy buy... then only sell...
RBL doesn't even want to sell us Keita at 70M. Imagine if they know we get 100M for Coutinho, how much RBL would demand for Keita?

Replacement must be bought before selling your top player for big money. Otherwise all clubs will play hard ball and demand huge money for even an average player.

Right now Barcelona is having the same problem. Everyone knows they have 200M from selling Neymar. It's impossible for Barcelona to buy players now without overpaying.
champlaos11
post Aug 11 2017, 10:26 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Aug 11 2017, 10:01 PM)
Maybe i fall on the side of optimistic, but i think our dealings this summer have helped us to get over our weaknesses of last season. Depth, cutting edge, creativity.
Well actually, almost the same deal - Salah - helps us to achieve this, but still it's a pretty good progress. And we lost our way only after Mane was off to Afcon and then out.

It's really fcking frustrating to keep losing our top player, especially to same club. Deja vu much?
What about defensive weaknesses? It should be number one high on the list. A solid and strong arial center back to partner Matip. And a quality left back. Those two should be prioritized too. Have you forgotten how bad is our defence?

So far we have only signed ONE player that matters which is Salah. Just one top quality who's ready to go straight into our starting eleven. How can you justify that it's a pretty good progress? It's a joke of a transfer window so far. That's exactly what FSG has quietly moulded us into easily satisfied fans and low expectation of the club. But in reality, we should compete with the best by signing the quality players.

What's the use of depth if it's not any better than last season? And Solanke plus Robertson are just not good enough.

This post has been edited by champlaos11: Aug 11 2017, 10:30 PM
champlaos11
post Aug 12 2017, 04:14 PM

Casual
312 posts

There is no way we can find a replacement. So no point selling him and getting the money.

Just keep him and let him rot in U23 till forever.

Screw his world cup dream and everything else.

But I'm sure if we keep him, he will remain professional and focused simply because it's world cup year next year and he still need to perform to get Barcelona to bid for him next summer.

All the negative vibes will be gone once he starts spelling his magical charm on the pitch. Nobody even cares that he handed in transfer request before. It's the reality.

TLDR: do not sell him no matter what he does behind the scenes. Teach him a lesson. That ungrateful bastard.

champlaos11
post Aug 12 2017, 08:38 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(MohdPuskas @ Aug 12 2017, 08:01 PM)
Let him rot rather than take 100m ? Clearly an emotional decison not a good one for business
Business what business? Do we fans get anything from transfer fee? We get nothing.

We can't even spend the money we have at our hands. 70M bid for Keita rejected. And now with extra 100M by selling Coutinho? It's straight into the pocket of FSG.

Coutinho is priceless to us. We must keep him at all cost.

Look how RBL refused to sell Keita for 70M this summer even though they expect to lose Keita next summer for only 38M because of release clause. And RBL is a bloody business entity yet they are willing to lose money on Keita.
champlaos11
post Aug 12 2017, 08:39 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(moodswingfella @ Aug 12 2017, 07:47 PM)
Unchallenged free header, sakho watch at home sambil tepuk tangan.
This. All day everyday. The way Klopp is treating Sakho is disgusting and pathetic.
champlaos11
post Aug 13 2017, 10:17 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(koolspyda @ Aug 13 2017, 08:03 AM)
In the end they only had 9 men against Burnley.
Losing 2-3. They will struggle with those red carded lost but they have enough quality to bounce back. I'm sure they won't do another mourinno season after being champions.

We need to pick ourselves up quickly. Despite good pre season results, it means nothing if we hung ourselves on CL qualifiers.
Have you just started supporting Liverpool? There is no way we can pick up so quickly. CL qualifiers? Nah. We as LFC fans do not deserve all the good things. This whole club is cursed I tell you. I think Rafa must have made a deal with the devil at Istanbul.

Klopp has been here for some times now and our defence is still as poor as when Klopp inherited. IMO, it's 50% system and 50 % personnel. Klopp is way too stubborn and he sees everything as a challenge. Sometimes it's not a good thing.

Transfer targets wise, Klopp said that he only want Plan A target. So the question is, is he stubborn for not wanting plan B target or is our scouts are not able to identify targets who are good enough to be the plan B?

I think everyone here will agree that there must be someone out there in the whole football world who is good enough to be alternative for VVD/Keita. Klopp is a clown if he really thinks VVD/Keita is one of a kind. The whole idea of spending 70M on VVD/Keita or else no one comes in is a big big joke. It just doesn't make any sense.
champlaos11
post Aug 13 2017, 10:19 AM

Casual
312 posts

Again, it's okay to be annoyed and frustrated with the transfer window and last night's performance.

Saying stuff like "believe" or "it's still too early" does not make you a better supporter.

As a supporter, I always want the best for the club. Hence the frustration and anger.
champlaos11
post Aug 13 2017, 04:23 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(koolspyda @ Aug 13 2017, 11:01 AM)
Ok, say for instance we know or don't know who indentifies or scouts for talent?

Most managers rely on feedback or having their trust scouts who searches players from other leagues (or in some cases we think (LFC scouts) they only watch opponents of LFC (players who score or play well against us 😓)

Or those alternatives simply not capable to adapt gegenpressing (i.e. Balotelli, can't teach old dogs new tricks)??
Gegenpressing is a myth bro.

QUOTE(sahathai @ Aug 13 2017, 11:56 AM)
keita has one good season. no doubt he has lots of potential but if we fail to sign him this season, it's a blessing in disguise. give him another season at RBL, playing in UCL and see how he performs plus he is available at cheaper price next season.

VVD in the other hand is a priority. we need to sign any center back at his quality or better ASAP. Matip and lovren are injury prone, klavan too slow, gomez too lightweight and sakho is for sale.

coutinho is as good as gone but if he stays, he still need to perform to get in the World Cup team. but his heart is no longer here and we should identify a replacement quickly. right now the only player who I could think of is Mahrez. he plays as RM at Leicester but I don't think he has a problem operating as our creative playmaker in the center. epl proven, dribbler, creative and good finisher.
When we knew Saints do not wish to sell us VVD, then we should have went for our alternative CB.

But unfortunately, Klopp is stubborn af and he does not want alternative. OR our scouts are not able to produce alternatives that can satisfy Klopp.

At the moment, nobody knows. If it's the former, then Klopp should reflect and put his principle behind, and do what's right because his stubbornness/ principle will cost us big time. But if it's the latter, then Klopp should just sack the whole scouts.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0764sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:36 PM