11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Liverpool LYN Kop Talk - 2017/2018, SPA 1 : 1 LIV #YNWA

views

Cloud0890
post Jun 23 2017, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(No Reason @ Jun 23 2017, 12:32 AM)
i wonder the quality of LB that Napoli want to replace with Moreno... I mean, its Moreno....
He is definitely 100% way better than Moreno. He is arguably the 2nd best LB in Serie A behind Juve's Alex Sandro. The only reason Napoli is looking to replace him is because he has only 1 year left on his contract and is said to be looking to leave.

QUOTE(champlaos11 @ Jun 23 2017, 08:58 AM)
We have been seeing so many potential swap deals throughout so many transfer windows for years.

But in reality, just how many swap deal is made?

I for one would love to see more swap deals though.

Rumours has it we have offered Sakho plus another unknown player plus cash to monaco for Mbappe LOLLLLLL

AND WELCOME TO LFC MO SALAH!

Safe to say we won't be buying a new striker now that Firmino has taken the no.9.

But a bigger concern for me is Klopp would only be looking for a full back if Moreno is sold. Otherwise it would be another season with Milner at LB with Moreno as back up. WTF

Even if Moreno is sold, I don't think we are looking for a starter for LB. This is bad.
More often than not "swap deals" are not straight swaps. For example our Luis Garcia was swapped plus cash of course for Fernando Torres. But in actual fact it was a separately conducted deal that was made in agreement that both deals will be made. So in all likelihood it will be separate deals where Napoli and us come to an agreement that we will both pay X and Y amount for both players and those deals will be conducted separately but still somewhat considered a "swap".

I think it's the other way around from what I read yesterday, that we will only sell Moreno if we can get a LB this summer. Whether that LB will be a young one to be Milner's understudy or a more established one to challenge him I don't know because our first target was a 16 year old Fulham kid that fell through but the LBs we've been linked with since are older first team players.

QUOTE(jacckl @ Jun 23 2017, 09:18 AM)
credit should be given this time to lfc transfer committee, 35m is a very acceptable price given how inflated the market now. we still need 4 more signings to prepare the team, a left back, a center back, a dm (keita?) and a striker
The fee is actually €42m (£36.9m)+ €8m add-ons. This was the amount publicly announced by Roma as they are a listed company they are legally required to disclose the sum, way more trustworthy than the fee our journalists put out there.

This post has been edited by Cloud0890: Jun 23 2017, 12:21 PM
Cloud0890
post Jun 24 2017, 03:11 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(aiyish @ Jun 23 2017, 11:22 PM)
Guys, where can I get the Red kit with name and badge around kl? Please dont ask me to go to Al-Ikhsan, screw al-ikhsan.
Why not go to our official LFC store at Lot 10?
Cloud0890
post Jun 25 2017, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(lcy851031 @ Jun 25 2017, 10:31 PM)
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/footb...houlam-13236466

james Pearce say Klopp not interested in Napoli's Ghoulam, so no swap deal between Napoli.

LFC demand 15M for Moreno.
Yeah looks like we are going into next season with a makeshift LB again. FUCK.
Cloud0890
post Jun 26 2017, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(lcy851031 @ Jun 25 2017, 10:52 PM)
James Pearce did say Klopp want to sign a left back to compete with Milner, just not sure who is the Klopp's target after Fulham's Ryan decided to stay in London. Finger crossed we will get a new left back this summer.
QUOTE(carloz28 @ Jun 25 2017, 11:01 PM)
That's FSG for you. Can't even stop thinking about business for one sec. Don't think they ever feel like resolving the team's problem as the top priority.

#FSGout
While I don't deny that FSG's money pinching ways are holding us back at times, I don't blame them for our LB woes. The fault is completely with Klopp on this one. If we are targeting someone high profile like Benjamin Mendy and FSG's wheeling and dealing scuppers the deal then the fault is with them. But in this case we are not even targeting ANY senior LBs. All LBs we seem to be targeting since last summer are young LBs who would only play second fiddle to Milner. Klopp seems hell-bent on finding the next wonderkid LB for some reason and refusing to address an immediate need for a solution.
Cloud0890
post Jun 27 2017, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(lcy851031 @ Jun 26 2017, 10:36 PM)
Latest transfer news say RB Leipzig put price on Naby Keita for 70M pound (80M Euro).

German Media say Naby Keita seek to leave club.

But then rumour say that Naby Keita's contract got release clause of 57M activate on next season.

Let see.
If we don't get him this summer we never will. With his release clause activated next summer, a host of bigger and richer clubs will be after him, with the favourite possibly being Bayern.

QUOTE(manx @ Jun 27 2017, 09:20 AM)
Is Keita really worth £70m???
No. Same goes to Van Dijk and Salah. That's just the price in the market now. If we want our man we gotta pay the price. He is really really good though.
Cloud0890
post Jun 30 2017, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(genjo @ Jun 30 2017, 10:20 PM)
Reeking of tapping up again lol.

For real though, no official bid has made made and RB is adamant they won't sell so let's calm our tits to wait and see.

This post has been edited by Cloud0890: Jun 30 2017, 10:41 PM
Cloud0890
post Jul 6 2017, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Jul 6 2017, 05:55 PM)
For 7 years they have been doing the same shit yet Numbnuts want us to berdiri Tegar di belakang FSG. I'm with the club 120%, not with the cunts who want to milk the club's profit for their personal gain.

Any fan who can't see this is nothing short of disgrace

#FSGout
Unfortunately the best time for a sugardaddy owner is behind us. With the oil market tanking and instability in the Middle East I don't think there will be many if any Arabian Sheikhs willing to throw so much money at us. Americans are offlimits as they are businessman first football second, there is not one exception to the rule even the Glazers at United. They are lucky they are such a huge revenue generating machine capable of generating much more than the American vampires are capable of sucking. This leaves us with Chinese billionaires. Problem is China at the moment is experiencing an economic bubble of their own with the government already halting massive capital outflows from the country. The new Chinese owners at AC Milan had to resort to massive foreign capital loans to close the deal. Who knows what will happen to them in the future.

Of course anyone would wish to have owners like PSG or City for not only investing for now but also investing massively for the future. But that hope is bleak now even if FSG is willing to sell.
Cloud0890
post Jul 7 2017, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Jul 7 2017, 11:37 AM)
I'm not asking for a shopping spree or having oil sheikh or oligarchs to fund us.

Come on, we all know our spending is NOT proportional to the massive revenue we have generated in the club. We are standing side by side with Man U but they can shell out huge money for players.

FSG can do better, a lot better. Don't let their PR stunts fool us all.
I'm with you. I'm just not convinced there are actually people out there willing to buy and invest in the club as a fan rather than as just another for profit business, especially in this economic climate.
Cloud0890
post Jul 14 2017, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

Bye Lucas to Lazio for 5m pounds. Reasonable price for an aging squad player with only 1 year left on his contract.

With Lucas' sale, Palace's signing of Martins Indi and us not getting Van Dijk, this probably means Sakho actually has an opening back into the squad as a backup for the coming season.
Cloud0890
post Jul 15 2017, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(carloz28 @ Jul 15 2017, 07:45 AM)
I'd welcome Sakho back with open arms.

This guy is a beast defender without doubt but he is lacking discipline;  which can be trained over time of course.

Just because he did a backhand slide with Benteke, people were going up all up in arms and hung him dry, and banished him? Our egos can handle that, esp in a time when talent is expensively hard to come by.
I agree. He is hands down better than both Lucas and Klavan, It's of course better that we actually go out and sign a way better defender in Van Dijk, but with Soton keen to hold him on for another year before selling, it might seem a better option to just use Sakho instead of signing another one. Just save that money and spot for Van Dijk next year.

Selling Lucas not only opens up a slot for a backup CB, it also opens up a slot for a backup midfielder which Grujic should be given a chance to impress. He was way too good for the reserves last season but injuries hindered his first team chances.
Cloud0890
post Jul 19 2017, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

RB owner Mateschitz says they have recently turned down a €75m offer for Keita.

It's not happening. Time to move on to other targets before season starts.

Kevin Stewart left Liverpool squad to sign for Hull City. Deal could be up to £8m. - Paul Joyce

So more or less a swap for Andrew Robertson. Pretty sure we got the better end of the deal even if Robertson is a very underwhelming signing.
Cloud0890
post Jul 19 2017, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 19 2017, 04:18 PM)
Actually im not sure if I really want us to land N.Keita, for a very simple reason - the AFCON.

Mane, Salah, Keita, Matip (he's not retired, just refused to be called up). Imagine what those possible combined absences could have done to our starting line up. Not mentioning that's a whole 150M gone to AFCON for a month there..

Already I'm worried about the absence of Mane and Salah in the next AFCON. We will giving points away like it's fking X'mas.
Well guess what? It might not even be a problem 2 years from now.

-Cup of Nations in June/July
-Still every two years
-24 teams
Those are the recommendations from #CAFSymposium. Could be voted on tomorrow.

Cloud0890
post Jul 21 2017, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 21 2017, 01:38 PM)
True enough, just that personally I have reservations that he is an answer (note, not "the") to our problems from last season. I'd rather see the money goes toward the depth, especially for back up to Mane & Salah. Origi & Strurridge arent from the same cut.

But that's just me. And if Keita goes thru the door, I'll happily take it too. Especially since Klopp is keen on him.
Depth can be achieved through 2 solutions. Buying players for the bench or buying better players and push the current first 11 onto the bench. I very much prefer the 2nd option and that's what most big clubs do. Keita I would say is easily better than both Wijnaldum and Lallana. Remember how we sorely missed Lallana multiple times last season? We still don't have an answer for that.
Cloud0890
post Jul 21 2017, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 21 2017, 02:51 PM)
We cant really be sure that the underlined part is correct, as much as we would like to believe it. I also find it tough to believe he would be a big upgrade on them - well, maybe it would be for Wij and his sideway passes but not for Lallana.

I think Klopp has shifted the goalpost slightly about mitigating the effects of Lallana's absence last season. It looks like Cout would be moved infield to play at 10 or close to that and Lallana would be the primary back up. So it's about 5 - Hendo, Can, Wij, Lallana, Grujic battle for 2 starting spots alongside Cout. Quantity is there; quality is arguable, so as I said, I'm not complaining if we do land Keita, just that the price looks silly, even if the whole market has been.
Oh trust me, he is. Ask anyone who watches Bundesliga regularly. He is only behind Thiago in terms of performance last season. There's a reason why Leipzig value him so highly.

Sure €80 million is probably not a fair value for him, but hardly anyone is this summer. Almost every big club in Europe is overpaying for their transfers. You can say we should be moving on to alternatives because this is not a fair value for Keita, but what makes you think we won't have to overpay for our alternative targets as well. This is the new reality we have to accept.
Cloud0890
post Jul 21 2017, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

Andy Robertson is official. sweat.gif
Cloud0890
post Jul 21 2017, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 21 2017, 11:07 PM)
I understand we are gonna have to pay over the odds this summer to land our target. But 80M is almost double what his true value currently is. RBL really is in no position to sell so we are gonna have to offer silly amount of money to change their stance. If we give in to their demand, we might face the same thing over for other targets, despite the club needs to sell.

So I say move on, RBL is just not the club we wanna deal with atm. Even if I really wanna see a signing of statement at LFC
I wouldn't say so myself. He is easily worth 50-60M in the current market. And what is true value anyway, does it even matter? No one sells at true value, clubs sell players for what they are worth to the club, not to others. A player might be worth more to Club A than Club B because circumstances are different. Sigurdsson is quoted for 40-50m by Swansea when he really is just a 20-30m player in terms of ability. That's because he alone can be the difference between PL status and relegation and relegation is way costlier than Sigurdsson's fair value.
Cloud0890
post Jul 22 2017, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(AnythingK @ Jul 22 2017, 10:52 AM)
Does this mean I have to trust Klopp on the signing of Robertson?

Anyway, will he be the starter or backup for Milner?

Aside, I thought the rumour of us signing Ox is high last time, so fast fade off d arh.
Definitely backup. The problem wasn't signing Robertson. He is cheap and young and for a backup it's reasonable. Problem was all summer Klopp never intended on replacing Milner with a first choice LB. This is not FSG, this is a choice of Klopp. All other targets before Robertson were also backups.
Cloud0890
post Jul 22 2017, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 22 2017, 12:40 PM)
I think it's too soon to call him a 50-60m player even in the current market, if he can have another similarly productive season then I'll agree. Of course by then we have to allow for an additional 20m. But well, by then there should be no doubt that he is a player of the perceived calibre.

I agree that the seller sets the price, which is why we are definitely not in ideal situation, since RBL have no need to sell. In fact they really wanna keep him for their maiden UCL campaign. Their valuation and what we're willing to pay seems to be far apart, FSG's fault or not, means that a deal is unlikely anyway. And the player has not even really shown intention to leave too. I think we would go back in for him next summer.
No we don't because his 48M release clause kicks in next summer. The difficulty next summer is not money, it's competition. With a cheap release clause now on his contract, he will surely attract richer and bigger suitors. Another argument to be made is if we don't make the necessary big signings this summer, will we end up in top 4 again? If we don't surely we don't even stand a chance in signing him anymore. All I can hope for is that we do and that he will still be tempted by the prospect of playing for Klopp next summer.
Cloud0890
post Jul 22 2017, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 22 2017, 01:48 PM)
Ok, I forgot about his release clause the next summer. Then the case is pretty clear, RBL dont give shit about the money, they would rather lose him cheaper the next summer instead of accepting higher offer now. Unless we offer them a deal good enough to offset any loss of potential commercial exposure, then the deal is a non-starter now.
Exactly the case here. RBL is just an elaborate marketing scheme. They want the Red Bull name to be out there. Their money making is from their Red Bull products, they don't give a shit about their sports teams not making profit. And having a really good player like Keita will only help them make an impact in their maiden CL campaign. Besides, Keita is not the only one wanting out, Forsberg is said want to move to AC Milan too. Selling any of their star at this point sends the wrong signal and might open the floodgates for their star players.

I don't think it's impossible to persuade them to sell, all that matters is the price, every player has a price on his head. Can you imagine Barca/Madrid rejecting a BILLION dollar bid for Messi/Ronaldo? Surely not, all depends on who's willing to pay that money. For Leipzig, not selling Keita to us this summer for an extra 20-30M might look like a lost on paper, but doing well in the CL campaign and solidifying their place as one of Bundesliga's top teams might be worth more than 30M to them, it's now up to us to see if we are willing to pay past that value.

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 22 2017, 01:48 PM)
Besides, really curious about your stance - do we sign him at all cost this summer because it's hard to see him choosing from all the suitors he would potentially attract?
That's exactly why FSG/Klopp are willing to go so big on him like never before. Because they know if we don't get him now we probably never will. This is happened before just last summer too. Remember Dahoud? We weren't able to get him because Arsenal had just signed Xhaka and Monchengladbach are unwilling to sell both their midfielders in the same window. With all eyes on Dahoud's impressive performances at such a young age, it's only a matter of time before a more attractive club than us came in for him, and Dortmund did.

I seriously doubt Keita will pick us over bigger clubs next summer but I sure hope I'm wrong.
Cloud0890
post Jul 22 2017, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Jul 22 2017, 05:11 PM)
for me i rather the money go towards a confirmed min 20-goal striker that can fit klopp's system...and isnt on first name basis with doctors.
sure we got others who can contribute 15 goals each etc... but their conversion rates aren't great compared to a proper striker...
and especially if against buses... have to make them count.
Ings is actually a good fit... but everyone probably doesn't expect him to complete half the season.
I think Timo Werner is a good shout. Young, explosive, high work rate, scores goals, plays in a similar system, German. But again, it's Leipzig.

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0853sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:22 PM