Group: Newbie

QUOTE(PJng @ May 3 2019, 12:40 PM)
Data saver
Thank you.
GymBoi
post May 4 2019, 12:28 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Hi guys .... need some advice here ..... my s7edge was working perfectly fine 2 weeks before .... since im using note 9 now so i juz decided to factory reset this phone for backup use .. but once i tap factory reset only, whole phone is dead. Bring to service centre, they confirm dead then charge me 400+ to change new ic board or something. When I get my phone, then find out GPS not working. Send back again. Today got my phone back, they say confirm everything ok but I noticed everything is in chinese now. Even i change the language to english and even did 1 more time factory reset, some of the menu is still in chinese. Why like this? They use some cheapo board or something made in china for me? Damn ....

Then i noticed my android version is 6 only ...then i try to do software upgrade, not get error "The OS on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Smart Switch on your PC or visit a customer service centre" .... wtf

p/s: now i try to restart my phone then like kena lock already .. stuck at logo then top left say Custom binary blocked by FAP lock. Samsung pissing me off. Any good channel for me to complaint? 3rd time already

This post has been edited by GymBoi: May 4 2019, 12:33 AM
userguy
post May 5 2019, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

My Samsung Galaxy S7 sim card tray cannot be ejected out. It is stuck halfway and I think the sim card is jammed inside. Any idea how much does it cost to service it at the service center?
Garena
post May 15 2019, 12:23 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ionStorm @ Jul 15 2017, 02:27 PM)
S7 Flat cannot use VoLTE. Even if you can apply for it. In fact it is worse to have the subscription on, then it will fallback to GSM for calls instead of 3G. Need to wait for Samsung to update the firmware to support DiGi.

How will you know when it supports? Just keep checking the Call menu after every update. When you see the option, then you can ask DiGi to turn on and use it.
Galaxy S7 flat Singapore set with Singapore firmware here (god i hate the fact that every time we need to say flat just to have confirmation on it otherwise people will start asking "hey dude your S7 flat or edge?").

Quick Toggle section does have VoLTE icon but in Call Settings doesn't have VoLTE option. Now i wonder why Digi doesn't support VoLTE on S7 flat as stated on their website https://new.digi.com.my/services/volte. VoLTE is extremely useful when you're on a call and want to browse the internet at the same time, and also relying on hotspot sharing internet to tablet or children's smartphone.

Or maybe we shouldn't blame Digi? Maybe it's actually the firmware by Samsung that doesn't support VoLTE? But that's weird considering S7 flat and edge have almost identical hardware and SoC. But my brother showed me his S7 flat Singapore set with Singapore firmware does support VoLTE on Singtel's network.

This post has been edited by Garena: May 15 2019, 12:43 PM
ionStorm
post May 16 2019, 09:25 PM

*nyan*
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(Garena @ May 15 2019, 12:23 PM)
Galaxy S7 flat Singapore set with Singapore firmware here (god i hate the fact that every time we need to say flat just to have confirmation on it otherwise people will start asking "hey dude your S7 flat or edge?").

Quick Toggle section does have VoLTE icon but in Call Settings doesn't have VoLTE option. Now i wonder why Digi doesn't support VoLTE on S7 flat as stated on their website https://new.digi.com.my/services/volte. VoLTE is extremely useful when you're on a call and want to browse the internet at the same time, and also relying on hotspot sharing internet to tablet or children's smartphone.

Or maybe we shouldn't blame Digi? Maybe it's actually the firmware by Samsung that doesn't support VoLTE? But that's weird considering S7 flat and edge have almost identical hardware and SoC. But my brother showed me his S7 flat Singapore set with Singapore firmware does support VoLTE on Singtel's network.
Unfortunately I don't have the answer. I've changed my phone twice since. biggrin.gif
Landmarkyap
post May 16 2019, 09:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(userguy @ May 5 2019, 02:27 PM)
My Samsung Galaxy S7 sim card tray cannot be ejected out. It is stuck halfway and I think the sim card is jammed inside. Any idea how much does it cost to service it at the service center?
Sim tray patah, don't force it.
Visit Samsung service center n cost around 60-80

Landmarkyap
post May 16 2019, 09:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(GymBoi @ May 4 2019, 12:28 AM)
Hi guys .... need some advice here ..... my s7edge was working perfectly fine 2 weeks before .... since im using note 9 now so i juz decided to factory reset this phone for backup use .. but once i tap factory reset only, whole phone is dead. Bring to service centre, they confirm dead then charge me 400+ to change new ic board or something. When I get my phone, then find out GPS not working. Send back again. Today got my phone back, they say confirm everything ok but I noticed everything is in chinese now. Even i change the language to english and even did 1 more time factory reset, some of the menu is still in chinese. Why like this? They use some cheapo board or something made in china for me? Damn ....

Then i noticed my android version is 6 only ...then i try to do software upgrade, not get error "The OS on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Smart Switch on your PC or visit a customer service centre" .... wtf

p/s: now i try to restart my phone then like kena lock already .. stuck at logo then top left say Custom binary blocked by FAP lock. Samsung pissing me off. Any good channel for me to complaint? 3rd time already
Which outlet?
GymBoi
post May 17 2019, 01:36 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Landmarkyap @ May 16 2019, 09:35 PM)
Which outlet?
Pyramid ... went back 3rd time direct request to see manager .... straight change new motherboard ... settle in less than 24h .... doh.gif
Landmarkyap
post May 17 2019, 01:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(GymBoi @ May 17 2019, 01:36 AM)
Pyramid ... went back 3rd time direct request to see manager .... straight change new motherboard ... settle in less than 24h ....  doh.gif
Good to hear that settled
The branch well known get troubles
Next time do visit the Garden n lowyat service center
derthvadar
post May 17 2019, 02:06 AM

Samseng Kampung Dusun

QUOTE(GymBoi @ May 17 2019, 01:36 AM)
Pyramid ... went back 3rd time direct request to see manager .... straight change new motherboard ... settle in less than 24h ....  doh.gif
Now working fine?
GymBoi
post May 21 2019, 10:40 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Landmarkyap @ May 17 2019, 01:38 AM)
Good to hear that settled
The branch well known get troubles
Next time do visit the Garden n lowyat service center
Really?? Now I know =.=

QUOTE(derthvadar @ May 17 2019, 02:06 AM)
Now working fine?
Yeah after change motherboard then everything ok
Landmarkyap
post May 22 2019, 01:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(GymBoi @ May 21 2019, 10:40 PM)
Really?? Now I know =.=
Yeah after change motherboard then everything ok
Here many ts kena d
After done all the hassle things, your phone still can last longer
Welcome back
bylkw2
post May 23 2019, 09:52 AM

Getting Started

guys im still using my 1st batch s7e, almost tempted to change to s10, but feel like it is still doing alright n well

then, its screen protector already koyak on the sides, exposing the edge screens to the risks of kena scratched

do u all know if I could still find a good one anywhere locally?

i was using iq shield one (imported from amazon us)
derthvadar
post May 23 2019, 10:08 AM

Samseng Kampung Dusun

QUOTE(bylkw2 @ May 23 2019, 09:52 AM)
guys im still using my 1st batch s7e, almost tempted to change to s10, but feel like it is still doing alright n well

then, its screen protector already koyak on the sides, exposing the edge screens to the risks of kena scratched

do u all know if I could still find a good one anywhere locally?

i was using iq shield one (imported from amazon us)
Mine still naked from day one!

I just use thin cases.

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by derthvadar: May 23 2019, 10:10 AM
bylkw2
post May 23 2019, 10:29 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(derthvadar @ May 23 2019, 10:08 AM)
Mine still naked from day one!

I just use thin cases.

laugh.gif
wah bro salute

if i naked, my screen probably has already scattered for few times
Garena
post May 25 2019, 12:16 AM

Casual

QUOTE(ionStorm @ May 16 2019, 09:25 PM)
Unfortunately I don't have the answer. I've changed my phone twice since. biggrin.gif
Hahaha same, people do move on. In fact my mother is using it and it's laggy and sluggish.
derthvadar
post May 27 2019, 01:53 AM

Samseng Kampung Dusun

I just dropped my phone to the floor while changing a fluorescent tube. More than 1.8 meter fall.

No scratches or cracks and everything works fine.

This phone has nine lives.

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by derthvadar: May 27 2019, 01:54 AM
derthvadar
post Jun 25 2019, 07:30 AM

Samseng Kampung Dusun

The time has come.

Samsung downgrades Galaxy S7 update frequency for the second time in three months.

Source

157 Pages « < 154 155 156 157 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1218sec    2.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 12:14 AM