views

nexona88
post Feb 10 2018, 12:01 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,835 posts

QUOTE(GTA5 @ Feb 10 2018, 11:44 AM)
Lol, that's like super round up haha

But expensive phone is like that sad.gif More expensive cost more to fix.
Well its like that...
The cost of repair the screen, can buy new china brand phone set already...

So u needed to be extra careful... Don't drop whatsoever...
Keatsan
post Feb 10 2018, 03:56 PM

If it ain't broke, don't 6ix it
1,125 posts

QUOTE(sasuke8678 @ Feb 10 2018, 12:45 AM)
Sell it before warranty before warranty end  rclxs0.gif
Kinda not willing to let go. It's still a powerful phone and lots of memories with it. Haha
smokey
post Feb 10 2018, 05:19 PM

Infinity speed
3,469 posts

Any1's s7 edge having random restart problem?
My phone is getting random restart once per day now

What is the problem??

anwa
post Feb 10 2018, 05:28 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Hi all, my s7e is 1.5yo but still have warranty till June 2018 (extended warranty). The battery is dying, drain very fast in the last 2-4 months. Thinking to bring to service centre to check and hopefully replace under warranty.

1. Silly question, if just replace the battery, will all the information and data on the phone be wiped? Of course I'll back up before going to the service centre, but was just wondering any chance I'll get back the phone just like before. Save time restore everything.

2. Anybody has experience with service centre in Aeon Melaka? Reliable?
JamesBotak
post Feb 10 2018, 07:59 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Feb 10 2018, 05:28 PM)
Hi all, my s7e is 1.5yo but still have warranty till June 2018 (extended warranty). The battery is dying, drain very fast in the last 2-4 months. Thinking to bring to service centre to check and hopefully replace under warranty.

1. Silly question, if just replace the battery, will all the information and data on the phone be wiped? Of course I'll back up before going to the service centre, but was just wondering any chance I'll get back the phone just like before. Save time restore everything.

2. Anybody has experience with service centre in Aeon Melaka? Reliable?
AFAIK, extended warranty covers everything as 1st year warranty except for battery. It is written in the extended warranty certificate.

1. It is advisable to send in the phone empty (after hard reset) so that they can check everything is functioning properly after the repair. Well, you can send in as it is but of course without screen lock but they'd be able to see all your things. Depending on the type of repair for example change of motherboard, regardless whether the phone is empty or has any information, everything will be gone due to the motherboard change.

2. Nop. All SC is the same in terms of reliability.
anwa
post Feb 10 2018, 09:12 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Feb 10 2018, 07:59 PM)
AFAIK, extended warranty covers everything as 1st year warranty except for battery. It is written in the extended warranty certificate.

1. It is advisable to send in the phone empty (after hard reset) so that they can check everything is functioning properly after the repair. Well, you can send in as it is but of course without screen lock but they'd be able to see all your things. Depending on the type of repair for example change of motherboard, regardless whether the phone is empty or has any information, everything will be gone due to the motherboard change.

Thanks JamesBotak for the info. Save me a trip. Guess I'll just live with using a powerbank until the battery totally die than pay for a replacement.
ZeneticX
post Feb 11 2018, 12:39 AM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

what's with the pink line problem actually? Seems pretty common for s7e but my phone from first day until now no problem. My phone was from the first batches as well since I preorder and received it on launch day, in the UK

btw just changed my bloated battery today at sunway sc for RM278. batt life definitely much better now but far from when the phone was still new
d9nny90
post Feb 11 2018, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Feb 10 2018, 07:59 PM)

Mean battery were covered in first year warranty right?
sasuke8678
post Feb 12 2018, 10:56 AM

WhySoSerious!!
2,013 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Feb 11 2018, 12:39 AM)
what's with the pink line problem actually? Seems pretty common for s7e but my phone from first day until now no problem. My phone was from the first batches as well since I preorder and received it on launch day, in the UK
btw just changed my bloated battery today at sunway sc for RM278. batt life definitely much better now but far from when the phone was still new
Yes, very common issue for s7e, mine also no issue till now.. wink.gif
JamesBotak
post Feb 12 2018, 11:40 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Feb 10 2018, 09:12 PM)
Thanks JamesBotak for the info. Save me a trip. Guess I'll just live with using a powerbank until the battery totally die than pay for a replacement.
QUOTE(d9nny90 @ Feb 11 2018, 10:47 PM)
Mean battery were covered in first year warranty right?
Yes. Battery is covered in the standard one year warranty. I managed to get my battery replaced together with my screen which had shadow. I told them my battery was dying unusually faster and they agreed to change the battery together with the screen.

After that replacement, I bought the extended warranty and got another certificate but I was told before hand that everything is covered except for battery. IIRC, it is written in the certificate that battery isn't covered. Most likely to avoid people from claiming about battery life issues and get free battery replacement.
JamesBotak
post Feb 12 2018, 11:42 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Feb 11 2018, 12:39 AM)
I thought I was the only one who felt it that way. After my battery replacement, battery life was obviously better but was definitely not on par when the phone was new. I wonder what's the reason behind it.
JamesBotak
post Feb 12 2018, 11:43 AM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Feb 10 2018, 09:12 PM)
You're most welcome bro. Btw, like it or not, even after my battery replacement, I depend on powerbank and car charger a lot.
anwa
post Feb 12 2018, 12:24 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Feb 12 2018, 11:42 AM)
I thought I was the only one who felt it that way. After my battery replacement, battery life was obviously better but was definitely not on par when the phone was new. I wonder what's the reason behind it.
Probably the software updates?
Now I am hoping Oreo will bring "new life" to the battery without replacing it.
ZeneticX
post Feb 12 2018, 12:31 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Feb 12 2018, 11:42 AM)
Did u try factory reset? Maybe certain apps or settings is draining the batt

After 2 days with my new batt I actually felt its much better now, can last a full day before charging. I haven't tried factory resetting

Btw top tip if you wanna prolong your battery life expectancy, never fully drain to 0% and never fully charge to 100%. The most optimal is at 85% but I usually top up slightly to 90%

JamesBotak
post Feb 12 2018, 12:34 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(anwa @ Feb 12 2018, 12:24 PM)
Probably the software updates?
Now I am hoping Oreo will bring "new life" to the battery without replacing it.
There's a possibility it's due to the software updates but newer software updates is meant to make the battery lasts longer tho.

We're in the same boat. Can't wait for Oreo to arrive.
evilsmile
post Feb 12 2018, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

Anyone brave enough to install leaked official Oreo update for exynos S7 Edge?

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-gala...g-experience-9/

Good thing the update brought Samsung Experience 9.0 (same as S8 oreo and Note 8 oreo)
rkwan67
post Feb 12 2018, 03:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,452 posts

QUOTE(evilsmile @ Feb 12 2018, 03:01 PM)
Anyone brave enough to install leaked official Oreo update for exynos S7 Edge?

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-gala...g-experience-9/

Good thing the update brought Samsung Experience 9.0 (same as S8 oreo and Note 8 oreo)
i dare to install, as the matter of fact, i want to root and custom rom since day 1.

but i cant live without samsung pay, and samsung pay > all custom rom features/mods. bangwall.gif
Azureknight94
post Feb 12 2018, 05:12 PM

Regular
1,663 posts

QUOTE(rkwan67 @ Feb 12 2018, 03:49 PM)
i dare to install, as the matter of fact, i want to root and custom rom since day 1.

but i cant live without samsung pay, and samsung pay > all custom rom features/mods.  bangwall.gif
+1 Samsung pay super convenient biggrin.gif no need to take out wallet and fumble for the card.
afifman305
post Feb 13 2018, 04:30 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

my s7 edge start experience having a pink line at the edge. anyone know any ways to solve this problem? or any shop that u rcmmnd? thanx lyf.
derthvadar
post Feb 13 2018, 06:32 AM

(ง •̀_•́)ง
1,690 posts

QUOTE(afifman305 @ Feb 13 2018, 04:30 AM)
my s7 edge start experience having a pink line at the edge. anyone know any ways to solve this problem? or any shop that u rcmmnd? thanx lyf.
Its a common problem for this model. Bad screen quality. Production issue.

This post has been edited by derthvadar: Feb 13 2018, 06:32 AM

169 Pages « < 83 84 85 86 87 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:21 PM