169 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Galaxy S7&S7 Edge OFFICIAL DISCUSSION V12

views

Keatsan
post Oct 17 2017, 03:51 PM

If it ain't broke, don't 6ix it
1,125 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Oct 17 2017, 03:30 PM)
TW is the heavier one
Ok thanks for the info. I'll use Nova Launcher Prime.

By the way, did you disable the TouchWiz ? Since not using it, may as well disable it from Apps there.

Tested Nova Launcher - Didn't like the alphabetical sorting ONLY inside the App drawer. Gotta create tabs and in the main tab, couldn't re-arrange it however I like.

This post has been edited by Keatsan: Oct 17 2017, 04:44 PM
sasuke8678
post Oct 17 2017, 09:54 PM

WhySoSerious!!
2,013 posts

QUOTE(lemon5969 @ Oct 17 2017, 07:22 AM)
How much price screen for s7 edge..my fon got pink line...damn sad
Sc charge Rm1133
derthvadar
post Oct 18 2017, 11:02 AM

(ง •̀_•́)ง
1,690 posts

QUOTE(sasuke8678 @ Oct 17 2017, 09:54 PM)
Sc charge Rm1133
Better topup sikit then buy Note 7 FE

vmad.gif
JamesBotak
post Oct 18 2017, 03:24 PM

Casual
373 posts

I'm so pissed off with SME.

My S7 Edge was exchanged from Note 7. During the exchange, SME threw in screen crack warranty, I guess as some sort of compensation at that time. We didn't had any choice whether to accept the additional screen crack warranty or not.

Yesterday went to SC to buy extended warranty @ RM149 but was told can't proceed as I already have the screen crack protection warranty in which I didn't have any choice not to have it.

How is it even fair that they gave the screen crack warranty without option and customers can't buy extended warranty.
GTA5
post Oct 18 2017, 04:17 PM

Regular
1,284 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Oct 18 2017, 03:24 PM)

My S7 Edge was exchanged from Note 7. During the exchange, SME threw in screen crack warranty, I guess as some sort of compensation at that time. We didn't had any choice whether to accept the additional screen crack warranty or not.

Yesterday went to SC to buy extended warranty @ RM149 but was told can't proceed as I already have the screen crack protection warranty in which I didn't have any choice not to have it.

How is it even fair that they gave the screen crack warranty without option and customers can't buy extended warranty.
Hmm weird.

From few cases I heard before, owners were successful in purchasing extended warranty, even though they have the screen crack warranty.

Here is the link to Samsung Malaysia Smart Warranty:
http://www.samsung.com/my/support/smartcar...t-warranty.html

I read and read the terms and conditions, no where I read that you can't extend if you have Samsung Screen Protection.

Maybe any chance they thought you wanted to purchase Samsung Protection Plus instead? This provides screen crack AND warranty extention.

http://www.samsung.com/my/support/smartcar...ction-plus.html

Maybe you can try call Samsung Malaysia customer service help line to ask and see. Hope it helps.

This post has been edited by GTA5: Oct 18 2017, 04:18 PM
ergo_etc
post Oct 18 2017, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

Pink line alert. I ignore it and now got 2 pink lines!
Kings7
post Oct 18 2017, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(ergo_etc @ Oct 18 2017, 04:19 PM)
Pink line alert. I ignore it and now got 2 pink lines!
Do you drop it? I have a cracked s7e and now have 1 pink line. Considering to replace screen or buy new phone...

Azureknight94
post Oct 18 2017, 06:22 PM

Regular
1,663 posts

QUOTE(Kings7 @ Oct 18 2017, 04:56 PM)
Do you drop it? I have a cracked s7e and now have 1 pink line. Considering to replace screen or buy new phone...
If its out of warranty then time to replace phone biggrin.gif 1.2k for a new screen not worth it imo sweat.gif think you can still sell the phone for 1k to a non fussy buyer biggrin.gif
Kings7
post Oct 18 2017, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

QUOTE(Azureknight94 @ Oct 18 2017, 06:22 PM)
If its out of warranty then time to replace phone biggrin.gif 1.2k for a new screen not worth it imo sweat.gif think you can still sell the phone for 1k to a non fussy buyer biggrin.gif
Screen cracked cannot claim warranty. Haha.
Now Huawei damn cheap. 1k confirm no ppl buy.
Exeunt
post Oct 18 2017, 07:45 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Oct 18 2017, 04:24 PM)

U sure your warranty not the "plus" one? Confirm only screen crack warranty??
Because sunway sc said cust can buy extended warranty if customer purchase screen crack warranty b4..
This info i got when i purchase screen crack warranty back in May..
JamesBotak
post Oct 18 2017, 08:14 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(Exeunt @ Oct 18 2017, 07:45 PM)
Because sunway sc said cust can buy extended warranty if customer purchase screen crack warranty b4..
Sure bro. Triple confirmed with SC, CS and email. It's only the normal one year warranty + screen crack protection.

They said can't purchase the extended warranty as it will "clash" with the screen crack protection warranty.

Well, now, I'm confused. Nevertheless, I'm gonna contact them again.

Thanks for sharing! smile.gif
GTA5
post Oct 18 2017, 08:16 PM

Regular
1,284 posts

QUOTE(Exeunt @ Oct 18 2017, 07:45 PM)
After much digging, apparently one device can only purchase one package, ie. Samsung Smart Warranty / Screen Protection / Protection Plus.

For his case, since he had no choice when Samsung gave the Screen Protection package, he is unable to purchase the Smart Warranty package.

However, there is another warranty extention called the Basic Warranty Extention which also cost RM 149. (need more confirmation of this info) which covers the same warranty as the Smart Warranty.

I think the SC is not wrong to say he can't buy the Smart Warranty, but they should explain that there is another way to extend his warranty for another year.

Exeunt
post Oct 18 2017, 08:39 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(JamesBotak @ Oct 18 2017, 09:14 PM)
Sure bro. Triple confirmed with SC, CS and email. It's only the normal one year warranty + screen crack protection.

They said can't purchase the extended warranty as it will "clash" with the screen crack protection warranty.

Well, now, I'm confused. Nevertheless, I'm gonna contact them again.

Thanks for sharing! smile.gif
Do share your feedback from them...the way i see..my phone like your condition onee..normal warranty + screen protection warranty..i plan to buy the extended warranty early next year..

If what your're saying true..then ggwp for me as well..zzzz

QUOTE(GTA5 @ Oct 18 2017, 09:16 PM)
After much digging, apparently one device can only purchase one package, ie. Samsung Smart Warranty / Screen Protection / Protection Plus.

For his case, since he had no choice when Samsung gave the Screen Protection package, he is unable to purchase the Smart Warranty package.

However, there is another warranty extention called the Basic Warranty Extention which also cost RM 149. (need more confirmation of this info) which covers the same warranty as the Smart Warranty.

I think the SC is not wrong to say he can't buy the Smart Warranty, but they should explain that there is another way to extend his warranty for another year.
Sometime customer support also clueless, dont fully understand what they selling...

Should have bought screen protection pluss back then..zzzz

Boy96
post Oct 19 2017, 01:00 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Anyone have AccuBattery installed, whats your estimated battery capacity?

Attached Image
cutypuppy
post Oct 19 2017, 09:50 AM

Casual
331 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Oct 19 2017, 01:00 AM)
Anyone have AccuBattery installed, whats your estimated battery capacity?

Attached Image
you have to let the battery to charge & discharge for few day for the accuracy of battery health, my is around 82% after a year of using it.
Boy96
post Oct 19 2017, 11:47 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

QUOTE(cutypuppy @ Oct 19 2017, 09:50 AM)
you have to let the battery to charge & discharge for few day for the accuracy of battery health, my is around 82% after a year of using it.
Have discharge and charge for more than 2 weeks already.

This post has been edited by Boy96: Oct 19 2017, 02:25 PM
JamesBotak
post Oct 19 2017, 02:59 PM

Casual
373 posts

Guys,

Some update regarding the warranty issue. I emailed Samsung and today they called me. They ask if it's fine with me for them to cancel/remove the screen crack protection warranty. I told them of course since it's gonna expire anyway.

They said they will relay back the information to the respective team to remove the screen crack protection warranty so that I'd be able to purchase the extended warranty @ RM149. Awaiting for their confirmation now.

Regarding the Basic Warranty Extension, I don't have any other info on that yet. But I guess if they can cancel the screen crack protection warranty then there won't be any issues.
SmallBang
post Oct 19 2017, 03:00 PM

19 posts

does the sc covers warranty for scratched home button? my home button looks awful..
layzieboy
post Oct 19 2017, 08:15 PM

Casual
485 posts

QUOTE(SmallBang @ Oct 19 2017, 03:00 PM)
does the sc covers warranty for scratched home button? my home button looks awful..
Not like how you explained it wink.gif. You might have better luck saying the fingerprint sensor is inconsistent, not working at times.
crayzee
post Oct 20 2017, 10:10 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

I also kena, argue with SC also no use.
My case is i bought extended warranty with the 1st note 7 first, then they add it to screen protection on the 2nd exchange. Then on the s7 edge exchange, the extended warranty wasn't transferable so i couldn't buy it anymore.

I just let it go this time. If spoil, i'll jump ship already bye.gif

169 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0575sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:07 PM