Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> WTA: cheapest Jap car with ESC & 6 airbags?, New car, not Proton.

mushigen
post Jun 22 2017, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Jun 22 2017, 12:14 AM)
Just go ahead and buy a Jazz. It's a good car.
Yeah, lowest price doesn't hurt too.

QUOTE(prozdennis @ Jun 22 2017, 08:10 AM)
City V Spec can get 5k to 7k discount la.. better go for City
During my test drive, the sales advisor seemed to try to persuade me to buy the City. More features for a few Ks more..Maybe they have more incentive to sell City. We don't need the boot space, plus the Jazz is a lot more flexible due to Ultra seats.

QUOTE(kluseng @ Jun 22 2017, 11:55 AM)
Honda sales are booming. May data shows Honda sales just behind Perodua. But quality is down with many complains of new car defects and service centres are packed. But don't let me discourage you. Just saying.
Yeah, there is even a thread in LYN lambasting their service centres. To be fair, I have heard positive remarks about them as well.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lil_flank
post Jun 23 2017, 07:01 AM

Getting Started

I rather choose City over Jazz:
1) Safer = Have longer crumple zone in the front and rear
2) Bigger boot = can put more stuff. Good for small family in future. Also have foldable seats but not as good as ultra foldable seats.
+Quote Post
CanonLee
post Jun 24 2017, 10:14 AM

Getting Started

i bought jazz E early of 2017. Never consider City although heard the new FL city is coming. Managed to get good offer.
i think the boot space of jazz is rather big and of course unable to compare with City. However, i like hatch and its ultra seat whenever i wan to use for long/big objects such as DIY furnitures from IxEx and etc. I think i had made a wise choice.

Back to TS topic, Jazz V spec could be only the one that fulfill all your requirements.
Reasonable price, not kimchi, 6airbags with ESC.
+Quote Post
mushigen
post Jun 25 2017, 03:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Jun 23 2017, 07:01 AM)
I rather choose City over Jazz:
1) Safer = Have longer crumple zone in the front and rear
2) Bigger boot = can put more stuff. Good for small family in future. Also have foldable seats but not as good as ultra foldable seats.
City does have longer bonnet. The rear seat does fold but not flatly. And the opening is after folding the rear seats is not as wide as that of the Jazz. However, there is also another school of thought: City was developed for developing countries, hence perhaps the safety aspect in terms of crash test requirements is "compromised"?

QUOTE(CanonLee @ Jun 24 2017, 10:14 AM)
i bought jazz E early of 2017. Never consider City although heard the new FL city is coming. Managed to get good offer.
i think the boot space of jazz is rather big and of course unable to compare with City. However, i like hatch and its ultra seat whenever i wan to use for long/big objects such as DIY furnitures from IxEx and etc. I think i had made a wise choice.

Back to TS topic, Jazz V spec could be only the one that fulfill all your requirements.
Reasonable price, not kimchi, 6airbags with ESC.
I like the Ultra seats as well. It is one of the reasons for my picking Jazz, the other being having a rear wiper tongue.gif . I do not know why this clever Ultra seat feature is not available in City. Is your Jazz able to carry a 6-foot tall DIY book shelf? Meanwhile, my wife loves the smaller sized Jazz for obvious reasons.
+Quote Post
prasys
post Jun 25 2017, 06:26 PM

<3 Ash
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jun 25 2017, 03:13 PM)
City does have longer bonnet. The rear seat does fold but not flatly. And the opening is after folding the rear seats is not as wide as that of the Jazz. However, there is also another school of thought: City was developed for developing countries, hence perhaps the safety aspect in terms of crash test requirements is "compromised"?
I like the Ultra seats as well. It is one of the reasons for my picking Jazz, the other being having a rear wiper  tongue.gif . I do not know why this clever Ultra seat feature is not available in City. Is your Jazz able to carry a 6-foot tall DIY book shelf? Meanwhile, my wife loves the smaller sized Jazz for obvious reasons.
my friend managed to fit all of those Ikea DIY stuff inside his jazz , even a bicycle fits in - compared to my Fiesta

88k vs 84k for jazz. I would say go for City because it has LED lights , full leather seats and few others + 6 airbags. However , you'll basically lose the space

To me the jazz with halogen (lol) looks very 2000ish

PPS - I've booked a jazz hybrid variant
+Quote Post
lil_flank
post Jun 25 2017, 06:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jun 25 2017, 03:13 PM)
I like the Ultra seats as well. It is one of the reasons for my picking Jazz, the other being having a rear wiper  tongue.gif . I do not know why this clever Ultra seat feature is not available in City. Is your Jazz able to carry a 6-foot tall DIY book shelf? Meanwhile, my wife loves the smaller sized Jazz for obvious reasons.
Let me ask u. Why are there so few B segment sedan in USA and Europe? There are alot of B segment hatchback but not sedan. Why? Does it mean safety is compromised? In my opinion, it is becoz there is not much demand in these countries. Their cars are very cheap there so they can easily afford C segment sedan. Last time when i was in USA, our caucasian​s colleagues drove our Honda civic FD and complain the space is so small. They say never in their life have droven such a small car. So u see, they already complain C segment sedan car. Dont even need to mention B segment sedan.

Like i said, I still believe Honda city would perform better crash rating than Honda jazz/fit due to the longer crumple zone in the front and back.

For your information, there is Honda city in Japan but they call it Honda Grace.

This post has been edited by lil_flank: Jun 26 2017, 09:35 AM
+Quote Post
prasys
post Jun 25 2017, 06:39 PM

<3 Ash
Group Icon

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Jun 25 2017, 06:27 PM)
Let me ask u. Why are there so few B segment sedan in USA and Europe? There are alot of B segment hatchback but not sedan. Why? Does it mean safety is compromised? In my opinion, it is becoz there is not much demand in these countries. Their cars are very cheap there so they can easily afford C segment sedan. Last time when i was in USA, our caucasian​s colleagues drove our Honda civic FD and complain the space is so small. They say never in their life have droven such a small car. So u see, they already complain C segment sedan car. Dont even need to mention B segment sedan.

Like i said, I still believe Honda city would perform better crash rating than Honda jazz/fit due to the longer crunple zone in the front and back.

For your information, there is Honda city in Japan but they call it Honda Grace.
True , even Honda City is sold in Australia and New Zealand

https://www.honda.com.au/cars/sedan/city.html

The difference is their base model comes with 6 airbags and all of the safety features + leather seating and smaller rims as well. Plus Honda City (AU) has 5-star safety rating as well.

It's just that in US/EU market , Honda may not sell city due to well , people aren't interested in sedan b-segment cars. It's due to market needs. Much like why BR-V is sold in South East Asia and India as well biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
mushigen
post Jun 26 2017, 02:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(prasys @ Jun 25 2017, 06:26 PM)
my friend managed to fit all of those Ikea DIY stuff inside his jazz , even a bicycle fits in - compared to my Fiesta
88k vs 84k for jazz. I would say go for City because it has LED lights , full leather seats and few others + 6 airbags. However , you'll basically lose the space

To me the jazz with halogen (lol) looks very 2000ish

PPS - I've booked a jazz hybrid variant
Is there a discount for Jazz? When I went to test drive, the Sales Advisor did not mention any discount. She said the same thing about more value for money in taking City. The LED headlights are really a nice feature. For the Jazz, kind of disappointed that it does not even have HID at least.

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Jun 25 2017, 06:27 PM)

Like i said, I still believe Honda city would perform better crash rating than Honda jazz/fit due to the longer crumple zone in the front and back.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. One the one hand, you think sedan is safer compared to hatch. Then you ask if safety is compromised since there are a lot of B segment hatchbacks. Mind elaborating?

I am not saying you should not believe City is safer than Jazz. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
+Quote Post
lil_flank
post Jun 26 2017, 10:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jun 26 2017, 02:59 PM)
Is there a discount for Jazz? When I went to test drive, the Sales Advisor did not mention any discount. She said the same thing about more value for money in taking City. The LED headlights are really a nice feature. For the Jazz, kind of disappointed that it does not even have HID at least.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. One the one hand, you think sedan is safer compared to hatch. Then you ask if safety is compromised since there are a lot of B segment hatchbacks. Mind elaborating?

I am not saying you should not believe City is safer than Jazz. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
My mistake, I forgot to write my own opinion is 'no'. I think it is not high in demand in certain countries (eg. USA, Europe, etc) therefore there are no Japanese make B segment sedan in these countries including Honda city. Therefore some B segment sedan which are not in these countries doesn't necessary mean that it is not safe.
Like you said, everyone is entitled to his opinion.
In my opinion, I think Honda city (sedan) will perform better than Honda​ Jazz (hatchback) in rear end collisions due to the longer rear crumple zone but too bad there are no same standard crash rating data for this to support my opinion.

+Quote Post
mushigen
post Jun 27 2017, 10:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Jun 26 2017, 10:05 PM)
My mistake, I forgot to write my own opinion is 'no'. I think it is not high in demand in certain countries (eg. USA, Europe, etc) therefore there are no Japanese make B segment sedan in these countries including Honda city. Therefore some B segment sedan which are not in these countries doesn't necessary mean that it is not safe.
Like you said, everyone is entitled to his opinion.
In my opinion, I think Honda city (sedan) will perform better than Honda​ Jazz (hatchback) in rear end collisions due to the longer rear crumple zone but too bad there are no same standard crash rating data for this to support my opinion.
Point noted. Using your example, the popularity of hatchbacks in the West attests to their safety compared to sedans?

It is always nice to have extra boot space to deform in a rear collision, as far as the general motoring folks are concerned. For me, how the back is engineered, regardless of whether sedan or hatch, us more important. I don't think many will think that the VW Golf is less safe than a Passat in a rear collision.
I reserve my reservation (no pun intended) about City performing the same in Euro ncap testing. Unfortunately there is no standard test for rear collision.
+Quote Post
prasys
post Jun 27 2017, 01:36 PM

<3 Ash
Group Icon

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jun 26 2017, 02:59 PM)

My SA said got up to 5k rebate for raya. It's in Wangsa Maju by the way

By the way LED > HID . Firstly it does not hurt other road users and the LED lights are pretty powerful

IMHO , since you are looking for safety first. I would highly recommend the City. Sure it has ESC + EBA + 6-airbags. To me auto-headlights + LED is another must have safety features !

+Quote Post
mushigen
post Jun 27 2017, 02:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(prasys @ Jun 27 2017, 01:36 PM)
My SA said got up to 5k rebate for raya. It's in Wangsa Maju by the way

By the way LED > HID . Firstly it does not hurt other road users and the LED lights are pretty powerful

IMHO , since you are looking for safety first. I would highly recommend the City. Sure it has ESC + EBA + 6-airbags. To me auto-headlights + LED is another must have safety features !
Why I quoted HID is because HID is "old technology" compared to LED, hence it is sad that the Jazz does not even have yesterday's gizmo.

While auto-on headlights to me is useless (I switch on the headlights whenever it is darker than usual or 7pm, whichever comes first), I am not sure of LED compared to Halogen. I have driven cars with stock HIDs and I don't find them that bright especially during rainy weather.
+Quote Post
prasys
post Jun 27 2017, 03:08 PM

<3 Ash
Group Icon

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jun 27 2017, 02:48 PM)
Why I quoted HID is because HID is "old technology" compared to LED, hence it is sad that the Jazz does not even have yesterday's gizmo.

While auto-on headlights to me is useless (I switch on the headlights whenever it is darker than usual or 7pm, whichever comes first), I am not sure of LED compared to Halogen. I have driven cars with stock HIDs and I don't find them that bright especially during rainy weather.
Well it seems Jazz Malaysia does not have yesterday's gizmo. Thailand model gets daylight LED as part of the headlampand ours is still old halogen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ck2Lsfn9fw

+Quote Post
mushigen
post Jun 27 2017, 03:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(prasys @ Jun 27 2017, 03:08 PM)
Well it seems Jazz Malaysia does not have yesterday's gizmo. Thailand model gets daylight LED  as part of the headlampand ours is still old halogen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ck2Lsfn9fw
Yup, the LED DRL for our version is located at fog light position. Hence, no more fog lights.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0575sec    4.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 08:39 PM