Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V10

views

yahiko
post Jun 20 2017, 11:39 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jun 19 2017, 10:43 PM)
not recommended as they r pretty far apart and will b really tiring, not to mention u will be wasting quite a lot of time as well. hakone which month r u planning to go? if its not autumn, i suggest one day trip enough.
is autumn time have more places to visit in hakone?

im going during autumn.. was planning to stay anight in hakone and go to Kamakura in the next day. but seem that going to kamakura from hakone is not excalty near and not cheap also.. and hakone hotel is so expensive ( those with hotspring).

Still in delma shall we spend more time and relax in hakone for 2 days 1night trip ( since i will buy the pass and expensive hotel) or rush to kamakura in the next morning sweat.gif

read that alot ppl saying tsukiji market is overprice sushi.
So other than auction and sushi.. what to do in tsukiji?

This post has been edited by yahiko: Jun 20 2017, 11:45 AM
yahiko
post Jun 20 2017, 01:01 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jun 20 2017, 12:36 PM)
Food and stuffs. Some people (especially aunties) like to look see look see the market. Even no buy also their eyes and minds enjoy the window shopping.
is it like kinda pasar malam style?.. need to pay cash normally? or high tech can use card biggrin.gif

yahiko
post Jul 22 2017, 02:42 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

7k budget for food is per person?
yahiko
post Jul 25 2017, 09:38 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

hey guys

we only have 20'+24' luggage with 2 backpacks.
So I was wondering if I buy too much stuff which cannot fit into my luggage anymore.
is it easy to get a carton box from store to wrap it up before heading to the airport? or is there a service there?

This post has been edited by yahiko: Jul 25 2017, 11:18 AM
yahiko
post Aug 6 2017, 02:06 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

hey guys

i was shopping around on the wifi

come out with this ( the cheapest so far)
http://www.his.com.my/pocket-wi-fi-rental/

anyone using. how is the services?
yahiko
post Sep 13 2017, 08:30 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

sim card - buy d
luggage - buy d
hotel - booked
air ticket - buy d
homework - done
yen change dy <-- btw, when in japan use CC (msia) got extra charges?
advance ticket :-
eg: https://www.kkday.com/en/product/9467?cid=2...KOkvD_BwE<-- should i buy ahead??? any advice? if buy ahead mean we need to go there on the date of the ticket. cannot change plan hmm.gif
ehh wait?? one piece tower reno???

new gundam is back in odaiba so i added back odaiba plan biggrin.gif
Asakusa‒Odaiba Direct line (HIMIKO) 

Every two hours <-- can i buy for example when i reach odaiba deck.. i fast fast buy the ticket for going back ( same day) for the last waterbus??

What else? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by yahiko: Sep 13 2017, 09:29 PM
yahiko
post Oct 9 2017, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(hidzwan @ Oct 9 2017, 09:41 AM)
Anyone has went to the new life size Gundam in Gundam Base tokyo?
is in my visiting list - going next month bruce.gif bruce.gif bruce.gif
btw, my flight reach early in the morning say 5am. Is the tokyo Metro counter open?? ( i mean I wanna buy those 3 day pass + keisei limit return)

yahiko
post Oct 10 2017, 08:11 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

Hey guys. Know that there is coin machine changes in narita. But can I use 10k yen to change? Get all 10k from money changer.

Will go to uEno early morning n eat ichiran.. They take 10k??

This post has been edited by yahiko: Oct 10 2017, 08:11 PM
yahiko
post Oct 12 2017, 01:28 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

hey guys, how is the leaf at Tokyo now? my fren at osaka show me the trees already turn red/yellow.. pls pls dont botak before Nov !!

This post has been edited by yahiko: Oct 12 2017, 01:28 PM
yahiko
post Oct 12 2017, 09:27 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

anyone when to this!! all you can eat means buffet style right?
http://www.mo-mo-paradise.com/concept.html

really really really keen to have this!!
yahiko
post Oct 12 2017, 10:34 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(aberrant80 @ Oct 12 2017, 04:52 PM)
shocking.gif
Oh noes! I'm also going in Nov biggrin.gif

I found an update here: https://www.jrailpass.com/blog/japan-autumn-leaves-forecast

Quote:

Update (10/10): Autumn leaves have fully changed in most parts of Hokkaido. In central Honshu, the highlands in Shiga Kogen (near Nagano) and Bandai Azuma Skyline (Fukushima) are also in their peak, and in Nikko, they are starting to turn to gold and red. In southern-central Japan (Tokyo-Nagoya-Kyoto) the best time to see the autumn leaves should be between November 15th to December 1st.
QUOTE(skydrake @ Oct 12 2017, 09:13 PM)
yameh? osaka turn red oredi? next week i go tokyo wor.. means can see all yelow/red leaves  rclxms.gif ?
sorry my bad.. it seem the other way round.. tokyo red- osaka still green.. so worry it will botak during nov sad.gif
yahiko
post Oct 18 2017, 05:48 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

Hey guys.. I finalize my plan. So will be spending 2d1n in Hakone. Plan to go earliest train to Hakone.. Visit the little prince museum. Open museum.. Glass museum.. Which not in the loop.. Check in gora hotel before 6pm.. So.. After dinner basically I have nothing to do but just walk around gora town..
Any recommendation what to do at night in gora?

The next day.. Continue the loop from cable car to cruise and back to shinjuku. Plan to reach shinjuku around noon say 3-4pm.. Mean I have to leave around 2pm Max. Do u think my timing is good?

This post has been edited by yahiko: Oct 18 2017, 05:48 PM
yahiko
post Nov 16 2017, 01:18 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

just come back from Japan!! thanks for all the tips here and i get a wonderful experience in Japan!! i wanna go Again so badly biggrin.gif

the illumination light is sooooooooooooo beautiful.

yahiko
post Nov 16 2017, 04:00 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(5p3ak @ Nov 16 2017, 02:23 PM)
Where did you visit? Share with us biggrin.gif
roughly like this

day1 : airport > ueno ( till 3pm ) > check in at minami senju > rest till 6pm > asakusa > akihabara ( 12pm)
day2: ikebukuro > cat cafe> pokemon( dont buy anyhting here. go to tokyo station if u wanted to have tax free) mandare bookstore ( girl paradise biggrin.gif) > tokyo tower( one piece tower)
day 3: tsukiji > harajuku > shibuya

day4: head to hakone > open museum > ropeway cable car to volcano ( bad weather cannot see mt fuji) > check in at 6pm hotel.. dinner at 7 (half boarding. nothing to do at night so just relax and enjoy onsen ( very dark outside after 6pm in japan)

day5: hakone > up again ropeway> nice weather this time can see mt fuji clearly biggrin.gif > to the lake take cruise > take bus to yumoto station and back to shinjuku . reach shinjuku @ about 5pm > head for the gov tower > dinner and lepak shinjuku till 10pm

day 6: head to asakusa > eat 7 level matcha ice cream > take the cruise to Odaiba > see gundum till night 9pm

day 7: Akihabara ( all morning till noon ) > ginza at night till 7pm > roppongi for Christmas illumination 9pm > tokyo dome till 12pm

day 8: nanako broadway till 2pm > tokyo station till 7pm > back home, start packing.

day 9: byebye japan

yahiko
post Nov 16 2017, 06:58 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Nov 16 2017, 04:52 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Christmas theme I prefer Ebisu more than Roppongi

Ebisu always my No.1 Dating spot.
so nice!!! to many places too little time laugh.gif

yahiko
post Nov 17 2017, 08:39 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(5p3ak @ Nov 16 2017, 09:23 PM)
Anything special that you would recommend at Akihabara to others?
Only the flip table games at Sega no3. There is many Sega building , only Sega 3 have this games.

Visit tsukiji for the morning market and see look see look on the street grill seafood. I did buy some vacuum pack seasoned calm n tuna egg back to Msia.

So good with just plain rice.

This post has been edited by yahiko: Nov 17 2017, 08:44 AM
yahiko
post Nov 17 2017, 09:43 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(_ChAoS_ @ Nov 17 2017, 09:20 AM)
> akihabara ( 12pm)? Is there anything to do at Akiba till midnight? (you do mean midnight right? sweat.gif )
night time go there mostly for games only.. nothing much to do.. i use the metro pass 78 hours so it does not cost me anything..
yahiko
post Nov 22 2017, 10:14 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(hasaru @ Nov 21 2017, 12:42 PM)
hi.

need advise on my itinerary . going to tokyo on 28/11 . travel with 2 small kids, 4 teenagers and 4 adult. my itinerary looks like only covered few area in Tokyo. (worried walking with small child age 4-5 years old)

Day 1- Arrived at Haneda at 9 am. going to Ueno  Museum Natural science. check in at airbnb at Hirai.

day 2 - Disney sea

day 3- Ueno zoo/ Ueno park/ Ameyoko street/  KIV Asakusa

day 4 - Hakone area with Hakone free pass

day 5 - Shibuya crossing/ Harajuku/ - what else to do nearby here ??

Day 6 - Nikko Edo wonderland

Day 7 - Odaiba - Museum science/ Toyota Megaweb.

Day 8 - Narita airport to Malaysia.
hakone:-
just to share

I buy the hakone free pass in malaysia and exchange the ticket at the counter at shinjuku station. I tot that i will get 1st train to hakone but i was wrong because the sales office to exchange the ticket open at 830 which make me have to take another train at 10am..

so moral story if u aiming to take 1st train, get ur ticket change ( real ticket) before travel date.

yahiko
post Nov 30 2017, 04:11 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

any hiroshima/fukuoka itenanry to share.. wanna study ... got plan to go in future... mayb 2-3 year from now.
yahiko
post Nov 30 2017, 05:27 PM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Nov 30 2017, 04:45 PM)
2-3 years from now also no need to share as you already can finish reading and search from google  laugh.gif
Share LA. Google wan all is main attraction only. Should have side attraction also ma

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1011sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:31 PM