Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel To Japan V10

views

Belphegor
post Jul 19 2017, 11:47 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jul 19 2017, 11:44 AM)
anyone ever thought about a night-only trip to japan? meaning u rest during the day then u come out and explore after dark
many things would be restricted in Tokyo cause mostly the shops closes at 8pm. hmm.gif
Belphegor
post Oct 16 2017, 10:54 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(rotloi @ Oct 15 2017, 11:36 PM)
Please advice staying at shinjuku..

Airport tokyo haneda ..airasia...
I am planning itinerary please advice... add nore sightseeing and which pass should I obtain
First time to japan ... I think I want to try jspaneese old costume

Should I brinf my digi line there ???
at least let us know what, where, you intend to try. Then come up with a very basic itinerary here first, then only we able to help. Don't expect us to spoonfeed you. You won't learn a thing. Planning itinerary is one of the most exciting thing to do before your trip. Do better go do your homework before the trip. smile.gif
Belphegor
post Oct 17 2017, 10:51 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(FuQuO @ Oct 16 2017, 03:31 PM)
Hi guys, I am travelling to Japan in December. Below is my plan, which is more or less confirmed:

Day 1 – arrive Tokyo Haneda
Day 2 – Tokyo
Day 3 – Disneyland
Day 4 – Disney Sea
Day 5 – Travel to Kyoto
Day 6 – Kyoto
Day 7 – Day trip to Osaka and return to Kyoto at night
Day 8 – Travel to Hokkaido via shinkansen, overnight at Hakodate
Day 9 – Travel to Niseko
Day 10 – Niseko
Day 11 – Travel to Lake Toya
Day 12 – Lake Toya
Day 13 – Travel to Sapporo
Day 14 – Sapporo
Day 15 – Travel to Tokyo via shinkansen
Day 16 – Tokyo
Day 17 – Tokyo
Day 18 – depart from Tokyo Narita

My plan is to get the 14 days JR pass due to my schedule to and fro Hokkaido and will only activate it on the day to Kyoto. And in order to avoid standing in the train (assume it's peak season) I will be utilising my JR pass to reserve seats.

In Tokyo, I will use the PASMO/SUICA etc card as suggested above.

In Hokkaido, I believe I am able to utilise the JR pass on certain train rides.

Is this plan OK or is there a better way to save some money in terms of transportation?

Thanks.
Bro, before I go through your itinerary, can share if us if you have already bought your flight ticket? If bought already, possible to change?

I see your itinerary, I can foresee you gonna spend very close to 1 day of your time just on travelling. Not to mention you going to be very exhausted after the trip.

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Oct 17 2017, 10:53 AM
Belphegor
post Oct 20 2017, 10:36 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(crazyivan @ Oct 20 2017, 12:32 AM)
Hi guys. My first time to Osaka, Japan.. Im quite lost on the train lines.. any one mind guiding me?  From kansai airport to Nippombashi station, do i need to Icoca + haruka card or just take the subway will do?

Next will be is it advisable to buy osaka amazing pass?  does this pass includes all the transportation e.g bus and trains?

Anyone mind donating some itineraries for me ? 8 days Osaka/kyoto/ Nara?
No one is there to spoonfeed you, more like they are not going to steal the fun away from you. The fun part of your trip is when you start planning your itinerary. I suggest you list out the places you want to visit, then only start checking those train lines. No point jumping into train lines when you don't know where you want to go. Is like studying the whole book without knowing what's coming out for exam. laugh.gif
Belphegor
post Oct 23 2017, 09:44 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(coinstar @ Oct 22 2017, 11:30 AM)
Guys...  After check out at 11:00am I have 12 hours to kill in Tokyo.  Appreciate if you guys could advise.

1. Which station to store 2 big pieces.
2. How to kill 12 hours

All reply appreciated.  Tq
Which airport you gonna take your flight? That could help us give you a better suggestion.

But generally Tokyo and Shinjuku are the places where majority of the people store their luggage. Else you can opt for delivery service where they send your luggage to airport for some fees, save your energy and time and can have all the time to yourselves to walk around and whatnot without worrying your luggage.

QUOTE(soyabean123 @ Oct 22 2017, 07:02 PM)
Hi Everyone! I am going to Osaka on early november for 5 days. It’s my first time to Japan. biggrin.gif Can anyone recommend an affordable and good internet plan? Sim card? I need internet plan only, call is not needed. I did checked on lazada/11street and there are people selling the sim cards for around 60-80rm. Not sure whether it can work or not. Kindly advice?
Take their tourist sim pack is the best. You can buy it from airport or any major stations around Kansai/Osaka area. If travelling in a pack, better get a pocket wifi. Solo then sim pack is the best.
Belphegor
post Oct 23 2017, 09:54 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 23 2017, 09:50 AM)
thn its no difference than throwing the money to the sea
u didn't see the show, ride the rides, eat the food...even missed the fireworks
Well, I see the show, took the elevator game, eat that tasteless turkey leg and missed the fireworks cause the wind was strong that day. It was feb. My only regret throughout that trip. cry.gif

But yeah, DisneySea was awesome. It's so awesome, I don't mind going back there again with my dearest. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Oct 23 2017, 09:56 AM
Belphegor
post Oct 23 2017, 10:01 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Oct 23 2017, 09:57 AM)
disney sea curry popcorn  icon_idea.gif
Oh that's the only thing I didn't get to taste. So many special and unique pop corn holder, I didn't buy.. so didn't get to try those flavored popcorn. laugh.gif
Belphegor
post Oct 23 2017, 10:08 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 23 2017, 10:01 AM)
i went last year, their anniversary
got extra show and 2X fireworks, 1 is the anniversary firework another ending firework 30 mins later
awesome place
but i didn't ride most of the ride, impossible to even get fast pass
and they have different flavoured popcorn at each area
good stuff
QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 23 2017, 10:02 AM)
just get normal basket lah but i noticed all japanese really go buy all the special holder
I thought the whole point is to get those special holders? laugh.gif Many people buying those cause of the holder instead of the pop corn. biggrin.gif

But then curry no curry taste, I give up in taking their curry. Not to my liking. hmm.gif
Belphegor
post Oct 26 2017, 09:53 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(paragon202 @ Oct 26 2017, 06:12 AM)
Reason is I did something right enabling me to experience this moment.
You can do or even build houses with those money and "experience the moment" yourself. There's literally no point posting the money out like this.

Further to that, put la "sample" there. doh.gif

QUOTE(HAK307 @ Oct 25 2017, 11:49 PM)
Hi guys!

Newbie here.  Do you guys think it is nice to be in Japan during Summer? biggrin.gif
I've been advised not to go during summer. But then summer's flight fare is very tempting! laugh.gif

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Oct 25 2017, 11:55 PM)
my vacation season, winter spring and autumn
never summer

first it is hot, summer ma 😉
then raining season... 😑
and worst... typhoon... 😣
Typhoon? I thought that season falls during Sep - Oct? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Belphegor: Oct 26 2017, 09:53 AM
Belphegor
post Oct 26 2017, 10:36 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(sacwoc @ Oct 26 2017, 09:55 AM)
Sept- Oct is still consider summer, though it gets a bit cooler in Oct.
If that's the case, then Hokkaido should be quite chill and windy right? hmm.gif
Belphegor
post Dec 5 2017, 02:20 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

Since the medicine topic being brought up, can I ask if anyone seen this product sold anywhere in pharmacies? My friend tried to find for me but all of em cannot find. sad.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Belphegor
post Dec 5 2017, 02:27 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(ukiya @ Dec 5 2017, 02:23 PM)
Think should be much more cheaper than buying locally right? hmm.gif
Belphegor
post Dec 10 2017, 09:43 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(90929155 @ Dec 10 2017, 05:27 PM)
Hi guys, any recommendation to buy winter clothes in Malaysia?Other than universal traveller and uniqlo... I know there must be alot out here.. I'm looking on those with affordable pricing and various choices.
Can go for Pull & Bear or Bershka. I got mine @ Bershka and very lasting throughout the day. laugh.gif

Pull & Bear available @ One Utama & Pavilion, MyTown
Bershka available @ One Utama, Midvalley
Belphegor
post Dec 11 2017, 08:57 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(90929155 @ Dec 11 2017, 08:33 AM)
Thanks for that.Just took a look on the Pull&Bear... In fact, dam alot choices. Hahaha
Yeah, just make sure the jacket you getting is thick enough to withstand the weather. laugh.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0974sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:04 PM