Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommend Good 1080p monitor for first ever pc, Will be building a 1080p gaming pc soon.

views

TSboon213
post Jun 19 2017, 02:26 AM, updated 7y ago

44 posts

Hi everyone,

I'll be building a new gaming rig soon and I need recommendations for a good, affordable 1080p monitor.

My rig will be around RM4000 rocking a Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX 1060 6GB. As such, I need a decent monitor to match.

I've looked around and have found the Acer R221Q, AOC I2280SWD and LG 22MP48HQ to be quite appealing with good pricing. For my rig costing around 4k, a monitor that costs around 400-500 should be good enough, right? Some advice on a suggested budget is much appreciated.

I prefer IPS panels. I do not play competitive fps or mobas, only single player games such as the Witcher 3 and GTA V.

I live in Hartamas and have easy access to PJ Digital Mall or Low Yat Plaza. I hope to get my rig from shops at Low Yat.

Please help me make a decision and recommend some good, trusted, reputable or popular monitors for first-time builders and gamers like myself.

Thank you!

This post has been edited by boon213: Jun 19 2017, 02:28 AM
TSboon213
post Jun 19 2017, 01:44 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(EthanStark @ Jun 19 2017, 11:22 AM)
Resolution: All monitors now come at a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 (Full HD), but if you're looking to see more pixels, you'll also find WQHD (2,560 x 1,440) and 4K (3,840 x 2,160) monitors on the market – although it goes without saying they come at a more premium price.

Refresh rate: Arguably the most important spec for any serious gamer. A 60Hz monitor is common nowadays, but there are 75Hz, 144Hz and even up to 200Hz monitors in the market. Why should you care about refresh rate? The higher the refresh rate, the smoother your game will be, resulting in a drastically different experience!

Panel type: All monitors have LED backlighting, but there are differences in the way they're displayed. There are TN, IPS/PLS and VA panels – each with its own pros and cons. Generally speaking, TN panels have a fast response time, but poor colour accuracy. IPS/PLS panels are known for their colour accuracy, but slow response times, while VA is the in-betweener. TNs are therefore regarded as the best panels for gaming, but this isn't necessarily true in every case.

Ethan Stark
Thanks for your reply! While informative, I know much of this information already and have already decided on the 3 specs as mentioned on my OP - 1080p, 60hz, IPS. I was just wondering if anyone has any "go-to" monitors for this specific kind of monitor or price range, or can give me good recommendations based on personal experience.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:31 PM