Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which type of guy would you choose?, Honest opinion up-most welcomed.

views

TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 09:16 AM, updated 7y ago

0 posts

Original post: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4168998&hl= Credits to the original starter bla bla.

Did some twick on the option to portrait a bit real life scenario. From a girl stand point, which one would you choose? You may share your real answer or the "politically correct answer". Ultimately its just a random forum discussion.

Question: If the below 6 are your only choice. (assume) Who would you potentially pick?

Type A
Executive (mid 20s) Senior Executive level with a potential career. Extrovert, liked by friends and colleague. Humble. Good looking and outgoing. Fashion driven and works on appearance. Body builder. Potential mid to top managerial level.
Potential cons: Learning. But naive at times.
Assets level: No house yet. Honda City,
Other traits: Smoke - No. Alcohol - No. Womanizer: medium.

Type B
Mid level manager (mid 30s): Mid managerial level. Modest and introvert. Don't fancy branded stuff, very old school fashion and doesn't care on personal appearance, face okay so so only, minimalist (not stingy kind) . Don't like to mingle in parties or appear in a lot social media.
Potential cons: Shot tempered at times.
Asset level - Small house, Toyota Vios
Other traits: Smoke - No. Alcohol - No. Womanizer: medium.

Type C
Boss (late 30s) Work in his own company. Outspoken extroverts. Take selfie everyday life and put in social media, well liked by online and real life followers. Party goer, active and fun. Keep update with tech gadgets. Handsome and Outgoing.
Potential cons: Seeks constant attention. Social status driven.
Asset level - 2 Large house. BMW.
Other traits: Smoke - No. Alcohol - No. Womanizer: High.

Type D
Senior Manager (late 30s) level of an MNC, very high position. Everyday work, travel. Fancy branded staff, dress well, good social level. Cunning and charming too. Party goer, socially active. face so-so. Never thought of running own business (already 5 digits income)
Potential cons: Perfectionist with a little control freak.
Asset level - 1 large house, Honda Accord
Other traits: Smoke - No. Alcohol - Social drinker. Womanizer: medium to high.

Type E
Ex Managerial level (late 20s): Introvert. Once had a promising career but went through a mid life turmoil which ended his career. Trying to get back up on his feet. Kind, faithful, modest but average looking. Understands well for others who failed in life before. Good listener. Potential returning manager.
Potential cons: Jobless. Easily depressed.
Asset level: 1 small house. Proton Inspira.
Other traits: Smoke - No. Alcohol - social drinker. Womanizer: Low.

Type F
"I forever alone." Okay we get it. Most of us here believe in forever alone and other sarcastic answers. We share your thoughts. Thanks but you do not need to reply or re-emphasize it already, Buddy.

Type G:
Has the same background portraits and character like you. (90%)
Asset level: Same as you.

Lai Lai, sharing real life experience or thoughts is caring.

This post has been edited by iams0bloodysick: Jun 12 2017, 09:39 PM
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 09:22 AM

0 posts

I will get the ball rolling.

I am a guy. But assuming I am a girl (or ask your heart of you have a sister), after looking at all these options, lets be honest to say type E is definitely out. So many people out there, why should I sacrifice my time on E. Maybe just friends and nothing else.
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 10:00 AM

0 posts

The above types are not the universe of all types (of course). But as a girl, based on your personality, who are you more likely to find attracted to?

All we see nowadays are the standard "must be funny, can make me laugh, caring etc etc" description. What about a bangla who is caring, funny and can make ppl laugh? Will that work?
Reality740716
post Jun 12 2017, 10:04 AM

14 posts

At the end of the day , what do u want most . I'm a guy .. I used to wanted to settle down before ... but for the past few years .. Na .. not interested in that any more . I live a simple life , do my things .. talk to good people , like to be behind the seen ... and see how people look at me .. if they treat me good smile.gif ...I will treat them better .. if if they don't .. I will remember . ... And at the end of the day ... what I see from girls is .. they want $$$$$$$$$ then honestly love .. I mean ...the player
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 10:39 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Reality740716 @ Jun 12 2017, 10:04 AM)
At the end of the day , what do u want most . I'm a guy .. I used to wanted to settle down before ... but for the past few years .. Na .. not interested in that any more . I live a simple life , do my things .. talk to good people , like to be behind the seen ... and see how people look at me .. if they treat me good smile.gif ...I will treat them better .. if if they don't .. I will remember . ... And at the end of the day ... what I see from girls is .. they want $$$$$$$$$ then honestly love .. I mean ...the player
Yeap. I been reading and this seems to be the majority ending for guys in this CC.

Would like to know what the opposite sex things about this for a change.
Bonchi
post Jun 12 2017, 11:26 AM

KittehPowah
1,649 posts

if can be categorized, of course type Z lar : 90 years old bed ridden and diagnosed with terminal cancer. business tycoon, owns a few international hotels, ships, retail outlets, resort islands and hectares of farm land
potential cons: got few months to live
Asset Level: billions of dollars
silverwave
post Jun 12 2017, 11:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

Definitely type G for me. Type A-D, he/she should be more or less in the same category to demand such things.
xCM
post Jun 12 2017, 01:00 PM

On my way
506 posts

I think his content is drafted from a guy's perspective? all I see is title, possessions and personality.
nightshade_nova
post Jun 12 2017, 02:17 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(iams0bloodysick @ Jun 12 2017, 09:22 AM)
I will get the ball rolling.

I am a guy. But assuming I am a girl (or ask your heart of you have a sister), after looking at all these options, lets be honest to say type E is definitely out. So many people out there, why should I sacrifice my time on E. Maybe just friends and nothing else.
Haha. Im actually type E I think. biggrin.gif
Maybe even worse.

Truth be told, these kind of hypothetical exercise is kinda pointless.
At least the criteria are kinda one dimensional.

For example, what about emotional intimacy?
Some ppl can sweet talk others even tho they fail at every other aspects.
So they can get intimate with others really quickly.

Everyone has their flaws, it's about choosing what you'd rather put up with.
And this is of course, very subjective.

Im guessing the one who made the list is a man.
Women will talk about a guy being "mysterious", "supportive" or "hot".
All these adjectives are missing haha.

DoomCognition
post Jun 12 2017, 04:30 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

TS, if you want to have these kind of debate, at least include 'How much he loves you', and 'Available time for you' or 'Emotional Maturity'. Your questions are so skewed towards male centric point of view, where all women are materialistic whores whose only criteria for evaluating potential mate lies in how much material things the mate can provide.

Emotional intimacy, sense of security, time availability, happiness when interacting and emotional maturity are all equally important alongside material ability. Put all of these 6 up, and then we can have a nice discussion.
Kanan Jarrus
post Jun 12 2017, 05:30 PM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(DoomCognition @ Jun 12 2017, 04:30 PM)
TS, if you want to have these kind of debate, at least include 'How much he loves you', and 'Available time for you' or 'Emotional Maturity'. Your questions are so skewed towards male centric point of view, where all women are materialistic whores whose only criteria for evaluating potential mate lies in how much material things the mate can provide.

Emotional intimacy, sense of security, time availability, happiness when interacting and emotional maturity are all equally important alongside material ability. Put all of these 6 up, and then we can have a nice discussion.
eerrr.... isn't $$$, position in work & financial standard are all very important 2 females especially when it comes to finding a partner in this day & age??

not sayinng women are materialistic, but, you & i both know that money & financial matters is very important, since long long ago,, women find protection & security in male, but only this time, the definition of security = money..., even if a guy able to find ways 2 spend quality time doing fun activities with his partner, make her enjoy & hav great time, but in the long run, if a guy's wallet ain't fat, it's all still useless....
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 05:47 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(DoomCognition @ Jun 12 2017, 04:30 PM)

As much as i would like to include all in, like "How much he/she loves yous scale 1 to 6", "how often he sweet talk and listens to you 1 to 6", or "how much he skip his work to come see yous scale 1 to 6", I dont have the master thesis or Love guru level to be creating that kind of survey form. People make first impression in the matter of seconds. And these are the general criteria ppl look at to judge a person. (tekan hati ask your self please. After you living in the cities for so many years)

Please note the above question are not representing the total men choices in this world. This is a confined scenario. Only this 6 types of people are in the room. Who would you go for.
SUSsokiahlee
post Jun 12 2017, 05:52 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Jun 12 2017, 05:30 PM)
eerrr.... isn't $$$, position in work & financial standard are all very important 2 females especially when it comes to finding a partner in this day & age??

not sayinng women are materialistic, but, you & i both know that money & financial matters is very important, since long long ago,, women find protection & security in male, but only this time, the definition of security = money..., even if a guy able to find ways 2 spend quality time doing fun activities with his partner, make her enjoy & hav great time, but in the long run, if a guy's wallet ain't fat, it's all still useless....
And then the 'I can make my own money, why should I depend on him' insertion came in- by ladies. And then if a guy is making less money than her. She will accuse him of ego wrecked if he's insecure, or worsen she sleeps *accidentally* with her boss outside. Oops...how ironic

You want one thing, but you still want another thing. You want to have near perfection. Most women are never truly satisfied till that day they sat on the bench with that wrinkled face saggy titts in their 60s
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 05:56 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Jun 12 2017, 02:17 PM)
Haha. Im actually type E I think.  biggrin.gif
Maybe even worse.

Truth be told, these kind of hypothetical exercise is kinda pointless.
At least the criteria are kinda one dimensional.

For example, what about emotional intimacy?
Some ppl can sweet talk others even tho they fail at every other aspects.
So they can get intimate with others really quickly.

Everyone has their flaws, it's about choosing what you'd rather put up with.
And this is of course, very subjective.
Im guessing the one who made the list is a man.
Women will talk about a guy being "mysterious", "supportive" or "hot".
All these adjectives are missing haha.
We all been all some of the stages at times. You may be a retrenched worker but you may also be a uprising person with promising career one day. Unfortunately when the girl you like meets you, you are in Type E stage. In the same room with the rest of the guys type, what do you think are you odds. Promising?

Emotional intimacy, please refer above. Ppl will next ask for "how much he willing to do for you before he gives up meter". We cant measure those. But i know majority people measured you from head to toe in that 2 seconds when they see you. And they ain't looking for intimacy level popping out from our faces.

As above again, this is not The World men representation. This is a confined scenario. In a room with only this 6 types of guy available, what's your take?
nightshade_nova
post Jun 12 2017, 09:15 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(iams0bloodysick @ Jun 12 2017, 05:56 PM)
We all been all some of the stages at times. You may be a retrenched worker but you may also be a uprising person with promising career one day. Unfortunately when the girl you like meets you, you are in Type E stage. In the same room with the rest of the guys type, what do you think are you odds. Promising?

Emotional intimacy, please refer above. Ppl will next ask for "how much he willing to do for you before he gives up meter". We cant measure those. But i know majority people measured you from head to toe in that 2 seconds when they see you. And they ain't looking for intimacy level popping out from our faces.

As above again, this is not The World men representation. This is a confined scenario. In a room with only this 6 types of guy available, what's your take?
Your worldview is so bleak if you think ppl measure you like that.

Even for loser like me, I still get admirers.
I guess they see my potential instead of the current me? Idk.
But most of them are young, and I dont wanna take advantage.

My odds are definitely slimmer than others tho.

Of course you can measure emotional intimacy.
Thats what psychology is all about. Quantifying subjective things.
In case of speed dating, in 2 seconds ppl can usually more or less gauge how open and how agreeable you are.
These are the two things that ppl look for.

For me, I dont see any real distinction between all of the choices except for the forever alone type,
which probably a turn off for a lot of ppl.

Introvert girls are less likely to date extroverts. Especially if they are the really outgoing type.
Thats why I really think the list is kinda pointless, cos there really isnt anything distinct for ppl to choose.

My female friends share with me about their crush sometimes.
It's never about money. Looks is up there, but other factors are like pursuing similar dreams,
doing activities together (some ppl have crazy job hours that dont allow this),
feeling appreciated, to some they even fall for religious, pious types.

Im not a girl, but if I am I think I will explore with every single one of them except maybe F.
A couple of dates should suffice to get to know them better.

Trust me when I say decent people will not measure your worth on the criteria you listed.
Those are way too materialistic and on the surface which is insulting to say the least.

For me, no such thing as "good guys finish last". In courtship, you do what you can, and the other party does not owe you anything.
No matter what you do, you are not entitled to anything.

You dont have to make this kinda thread to validate any opinion that you have about how girls choose their partners.

beeMay
post Jun 12 2017, 09:18 PM

Dr
647 posts

I wold pick E or G
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 09:29 PM

0 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Cool. Thanks for the poetic love guru jamming, buddy. laugh.gif

"You dont have to make this kinda thread to validate any opinion that you have about how girls choose their partners."

PSS: You don't have to rhythm what we should or can do. You been here long enough yourself. You can ask questions. So can we. thumbsup.gif
Aztec
post Jun 12 2017, 09:32 PM

Disregard females,Acquire aesthetics..u mirin'?
2,362 posts

Lol..i am so type A.

TS u wont get much replies here la. Theres hardly any girls on LYN
TSiams0bloodysick
post Jun 12 2017, 09:37 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Aztec @ Jun 12 2017, 09:32 PM)
Lol..i am so type A.

TS u wont get much replies here la. Theres hardly any girls on LYN
Yeah I know. Just throwing rock into the pond to watch the water ripple effect. I wasn't expecting genuine girl replies except forever alone trollers. No damage done innocent.gif
nightshade_nova
post Jun 13 2017, 01:20 AM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(tangJW1 @ Jun 13 2017, 12:00 AM)
Introvert less like date with extrovert. Meaning introvert is comfortable with another introvert?

Outgoing type = extrovert

Especially extrovert doesnt date at all?
Yup. Thats the general trend. Introverts are more comfortable with introverts.

Extrovert lies in a continuum. Same goes to introverts.
Introverts especially girls wont have the energy to entertain or meet the needs of an extrovert who is way up in the scale.

When I said outgoing, I mean the kind of ppl who have a lot of friends,
but a lot of them are surface level friendship. I think on a scale of 1 to 10, 8 and above in the extrovert scale is outgoing.
(actually the scale is Extraversion from the big five, the lower you are, the more introverted you are & vice versa)

Ive seen this pattern time and time again when giving advice to people.

It can work, but the extrovert needs to dial down a notch. And not many extroverts like to compromise.

I wouldnt say introverts wouldnt date extrovert at all.
But most wouldnt if the person is really 8 on the scale.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:31 PM