Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Q and A Cant install any os in SSD, Need help

views

TSalikato94
post Jun 10 2017, 04:45 PM, updated 7y ago

"Sorry for my English"
773 posts

Post #1
Hye guys. So before this i create a thread regarding replace old netbook hdd with ssd. So yeah, bought a used 80gb ssd and installed in the netbook. Andd im stuck coz of this problems, tried many methods from google. SSD is fine coz i try it in my pc and yes can make partition, put files and etc.

Netbook bios: only got AHCI or IDE (only detect ssd in AHCI when windows setup. In IDE the ssd dissapear)

I use USB for windows 7 home premium installation.

Problems when installing windows
1. Cant get off from the choosing partition/disk to install
2. it says windows cannot be installed to this disk(show details)
3. When show details it says: WINDOW cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that disks controller enabled in the computer bios menu.

4. Then if just press next. It says: setup was unable to createba new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information.

Huhu need help!!! Tried the shitft+f10 cmd method. Still cant get pass this problem
Edisonkim
post Jun 10 2017, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

erm.. is the hdd you bought is a new one? or second hand one? are you sure is that confirm working one on the hdd? beside that bios you need to select the AHCI and also im not sure your model of the notebook need the driver for the AHCI in order you to load for the installing. this one you need to check on the website there. if got driver for AHCI you need to download this then only u can install the windows 7
Edisonkim
post Jun 10 2017, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

shitft+f10 cmd is not longer can be used be ur hard disk is change unless you try put back ur old hard disk and see can be restore or not.
TSalikato94
post Jun 10 2017, 06:57 PM

"Sorry for my English"
773 posts

QUOTE(Edisonkim @ Jun 10 2017, 04:54 PM)
erm.. is the hdd you bought is a new one? or second hand one? are you sure is that confirm working one on the hdd? beside that bios you need to select the AHCI and also im not sure your model of the notebook need the driver for the AHCI in order you to load for the installing. this one you need to check on the website there. if got driver for AHCI you need to download this then only u can install the windows 7
2nd hand ssd. I tried it in my pc and its working just fine.
As for my netbook. Bios recognize the ssd and i select AHCI too. If i select IDE. It wont detect the ssd at all which is worst.

Is it possible to update bios driver as no OS installed to launch any exe file.
Edisonkim
post Jun 10 2017, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

ide confirm cant one is not ur bios problem also but you can try anyway is the driver for the hard disk to let windows 7 to detect. you try search on model netbook website under driver or utilise and see got the AHCI driver? if got you need to download that AHCI driver in order to let u detect the ssd and also install windows 7.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 AM