Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Christian Fellowship V13 (Group), ALL about Jesus Christ.

wodenus
post Jun 8 2017, 08:50 PM

Tree Octopus
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 08:40 PM)
But your tree octopus picture is so remember able...

When I first join LYN, I thought it was a status logo..something like VIP logo. What is a tree octopus anyway?

Ha that was before all this.. don't want to remember that time lol. That was a different time. I took that from somewhere, someone said that if you threw an octopus in a tree he could see everything, but no one will say "look, there's an octopus in a tree" because they're afraid of being seen as delusional lol smile.gif

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 08:40 PM)
Yeah the Bible project Team makes understanding the Bible so much easier....they make it simple and yet fascinating.

I dunno.. I just read it lol, makes sense to me smile.gif

unknown warrior
post Jun 8 2017, 09:00 PM

12 Years Member /k/ ELDER

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jun 8 2017, 08:50 PM)
Ha that was before all this.. don't want to remember that time lol. That was a different time. I took that from somewhere, someone said that if you threw an octopus in a tree he could see everything, but no one will say "look, there's an octopus in a tree" because they're afraid of being seen as delusional lol smile.gif
I dunno.. I just read it lol, makes sense to me smile.gif
biggrin.gif Cool. I saw a documentary once. Octopus in Small Fish Tank, food in an enclosed Jar lid.

It was left alone camera recording the whole thing. It just came out, open the jar lid with it's tentacle, ate the food and tried to escape the room, laboratory perhaps.

It's scary to think how intelligent they are.

Sophiera
post Jun 8 2017, 09:13 PM

Sophtopus

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 09:00 PM)
biggrin.gif Cool. I saw a documentary once. Octopus in Small Fish Tank, food in an enclosed Jar lid.

It was left alone camera recording the whole thing. It just came out, open the jar lid with it's tentacle, ate the food and tried to escape the room, laboratory perhaps.

It's scary to think how intelligent they are.
Octopi are both cute and terrifying. There was this octopus who kept shooting hot light bulbs for fun. Each time the aquarium folks fixed the light bulb, the octopus will shoot it again. And again. And again. Eventually they moved the lights elsewhere.

and then there's this

unknown warrior
post Jun 8 2017, 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Jun 8 2017, 09:13 PM)
Octopi are both cute and terrifying. There was this octopus who kept shooting hot light bulbs for fun. Each time the aquarium folks fixed the light bulb, the octopus will shoot it again. And again. And again. Eventually they moved the lights elsewhere.

and then there's this

lol.
unknown warrior
post Jun 9 2017, 08:40 AM

Righteousness of Faith

Romans 3:20-23 (NIV) - But now, apart from the Law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, as attested by the Law and the Prophets. And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Faith is attractive to God. If there are 100 people in a room and there's only 1 person who believe and exhibit Faith, I believe the eyes of God will zoom in on that 1 person, bypassing the rest. This happened about 2000 years ago when 4 friends tried to lower a lame friend on a Mat on a roof in a throng of crowd..so many people were there, no one could came in by the door and yet Jesus's eyes zoom in on the 4 friends among a huge crowd. (Luke 5:20) You must understand everyone was there, they came with a hope of healing and yet the Bible recorded, among the huge crowd, these 4 friends exhibited FAITH.

In a recent incident, an impression was given unless you repent and be right before God, God will not answer prayer. The emphasis is on "performance" or doing. Yet the Bible teaches otherwise.
Jesus says in Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

The Devil is afraid that people know this truth, he rather that you bank your confidence before God on your performance (Law). Do you know that it is possible that between a person..let say one who never fails to go to Church on Sunday, who read his bible, perhaps even serve playing the piano or keyboard faithfully and say a casual Church visitor who don't really come in contact to Church consistently but on that Day He believe what the Lord Jesus says and comparing the person who plays the piano faithfully, God answered that casual person. And the one who plays the Piano faithfully is dumbfounded why his prayers never get answered.

We must come to the place where we must disregard and consider all our performances before the Lord as Filthy Rags even though we may have done right consistently. And only count on Faith and Faith alone in God for righteousness, believing the Lord will answer because we believe. Not because we've performed. Romans 3:23 tells us why.

There is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

I believe this is something some Christian still do not understand. We cannot bring to God of our performances because we have all fallen short of the Glory of God. This is basic but profound truth.

I hope that with this truth revealed, you will start to practise your Faith and believe, God willing, He will answer according to your Faith and let it be unto you.

God Bless.

De_Luffy
post Jun 9 2017, 09:26 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Jun 8 2017, 06:48 PM)
Oooh yay V13 congrats! rclxm9.gif

I really hope Tina's baby is well, healthy, and happy.

Last night I blew my top over a discussion. out of 10 people in the room, 8 say earth is due for a mass depopulation and war/famine/plague is necessary to 'bring balance' back, otherwise earth will run out of resources.

It's already arrogant enough to think that only other people will die, it's a next level of arrogant to say that even if humans have feeling nothing ultimately matters because of entropyscience.jpg mad.gif

Sah these people never experienced extreme hunger/thirst or having to watch their kids starve to death.
I was reading the other's comments on the other thread by sylar yesterday evening, so many accusation hurled at me. I was so pissed and upset...they themself is the one that called me to take action yet at same time blame it all on me. Really hate those double face peoples mad.gif

yes, I wish her baby is well and healthy too. Miss her here alot...Her posts some how soothes our rage toward those hypocrites with her funny comments against them laugh.gif
De_Luffy
post Jun 9 2017, 06:11 PM

On my way

Need a prayer here, was really stressed out by this client which in turn chasing us every hours for update very stressful, when I in turn chasing my vendor they got angry for pushing them
unknown warrior
post Jun 9 2017, 07:21 PM

QUOTE(De_Luffy @ Jun 9 2017, 06:11 PM)
Need a prayer here, was really stressed out by this client which in turn chasing us every hours for update very stressful, when I in turn chasing my vendor they got angry for pushing them
Okay, Ill cover you in prayer. Bro have Faith, God willing, The Lord will move and influence the vendor on your behalf.

unknown warrior
post Jun 10 2017, 08:35 AM

I just want to testify and give glory to God, that He answered my prayer with regards to my work.

Had a predicament with regards to penalty matter from a vendor. Now it's settled.

Thank you Lord Jesus.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Jun 10 2017, 08:38 AM
Sophiera
post Jun 10 2017, 02:18 PM

Sophtopus

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 10 2017, 08:35 AM)
I just want to testify and give glory to God, that He answered my prayer with regards to my work.

Had a predicament with regards to penalty matter from a vendor. Now it's settled.

Thank you Lord Jesus.
What is a penalty matter blink.gif ?
De_Luffy
post Jun 10 2017, 02:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Jun 10 2017, 02:18 PM)
I've been up early today working and chasing my agents non-stop, agent also pissed off already, myself also rushing going for vacation shortly and last minute packing still not yet finish packing also, been upset by the attitude of this agent. giving me headache and adrenaline rush mad.gif

unknown warrior
post Jun 10 2017, 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Jun 10 2017, 02:18 PM)
Well...we wanted to cancel the service of a particular vendor due to unreliable product but because agreement is until next year, they wanted to penalize us because of early termination.

Somehow we've come to an agreement that is on our term and they agreed....to me that is the intervention of God, because of prayer. No Vendor would have agreed to do this. I won't disclose the term here bcos it's P&C, but if you know what it is, you would agree it's God.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Jun 10 2017, 03:26 PM
unknown warrior
post Jun 10 2017, 03:44 PM

QUOTE(De_Luffy @ Jun 10 2017, 02:43 PM)
I've been up early today working and chasing my agents non-stop, agent also pissed off  already, myself also rushing going for vacation shortly and last minute packing still not yet finish packing also, been upset by the attitude of this agent. giving me headache and adrenaline rush mad.gif
Bro, I know you're stressed out but being stress out isn't going to help anyway....might as well try to relax.
unknown warrior
post Jun 13 2017, 09:11 AM

Faith

Romans 10:17 (NIV) - Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Morning fellow believers of Christ.

This is a powerful verse. It helps us to understand, Faith is not something we conjure up by our means. It says here Faith comes...
Meaning to say it is effortless and comes naturally when you hear the spoken words about Christ. This translation is quite accurate. It used to be that, we understand in other/older translation, Faith comes from hearing the word of God, it is not wrong but the right context is about Christ. Why?

Why hearing about Christ brings Faith? Now don't miss this. This is very powerful, In

Hebrews 1:1-3 (NIV) - In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

What this verse means is that, in the past God chose many to represent Him before people, there have been many prophets. People back see God through the words proclaimed by the prophets. However God left a very important key importance in this verse. Of ALL the representation, Jesus is the Last and Final representation and God wants us to know He is the EXACT representation. How Jesus is, is how God the Father is. So you may ask me,what has this got to do with Faith comes...?

Answer is everything. If Jesus is the Exact representation then it is to your interest to study how God is, in Jesus because it will help your faith.

I bring you one example. In the gospel, everyone who come to Jesus for healing, not one was turned away and all got healed. Study the Bible, Not one was decline, ALL WAS HEALED. So what this means is that you don't have to struggle trying to believe whether it's God's will to be healed or not. Know in your heart what is Jesus will for healing, have the confidence, It is an assured definite! If you're not sure, study all the incident of Healing by Jesus. Look at this verse below.

Matthew 8:2 (NIV) - A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.

There are some who do not doubt if God has the power, just like this leper. He did not doubt God has the power, he only doubt if God was willing to heal him of leprosy. Look at verse 3, let that revelation sink in.

Matthew 8:3 (NIV) - Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.

When you understand this with revelation, your Faith works to believe that God is on your side for Healing without even trying to be certain if it is God's will or it isn't God's will. You may share this encouragement with people that you know of who has chronic health conditions. I pray it will help to reinforce their faith in God for healing. I know there are many WHAT IF's. Just tell them, we are called to live a life of Faith in Christ, God has forewarned us the righteous shall live by Faith, there is a reason for this living by Faith. If everything is automatic, you don't really need to live a life of Faith. There will be opposing forces (spiritual forces of darkness) that does not want the person in a predicament to be delivered of their condition. Tell the person to keep believing, Fight the good fight of Faith, Let the good Lord fight the Battle. This is in the Bible. It's in 1 Timothy 6:12 (NIV) - *Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

God Bless.

*You don't really need to fight if everything is automatic for you. (understand this before anything else)

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Jun 13 2017, 09:23 AM
Carlo J
post Jun 13 2017, 01:55 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hello everyone, have a great day and God bless smile.gif

Just realized it's a new version haha.
unknown warrior
post Jun 13 2017, 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Carlo J @ Jun 13 2017, 01:55 PM)
Hello everyone, have a great day and God bless smile.gif

Just realized it's a new version haha.
Wsup bro. hows ur church doing?
Carlo J
post Jun 13 2017, 03:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 13 2017, 02:53 PM)
Wsup bro. hows ur church doing?
Great so far.

Next month, we're merging prayer meeting and cell group so we can have more prayer time and a larger prayer group.

Our youth service is expanding too biggrin.gif

It's time for me to attend prayer meeting more actively.
unknown warrior
post Jun 13 2017, 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Carlo J @ Jun 13 2017, 03:08 PM)
Great so far.

Next month, we're merging prayer meeting and cell group so we can have more prayer time and a larger prayer group.

Our youth service is expanding too biggrin.gif

It's time for me to attend prayer meeting more actively.
thumbup.gif

I used to come from a small church...quite small less than 100 people.

one thing I notice is that bigger Church has the potential to expand much faster.

Yes. pls do attend prayer meet as regular as possible. It's good for your spiritual life.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Jun 13 2017, 03:11 PM
Carlo J
post Jun 13 2017, 03:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 13 2017, 03:10 PM)
thumbup.gif
I used to come from a small church...quite small less than 100 people.

one thing I notice is that bigger Church has the potential to expand much faster.

Yes. pls do attend prayer meet as regular as possible. It's good for your spiritual life.
My grandma is from a small church too, less than 100 members so everyone knows everyone lol.

True, besides CG, prayer meet is important too blush.gif
tinarhian
post Jun 13 2017, 11:44 PM

Enthusiast

Hi guys. Yeah the baby is fine and healthy. thumbsup.gif

I see the usual going-ons, mostl of the time I read on my iPad, lazy to log and reply. hehe...

44 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0652sec    3.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 06:02 PM