Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New French Bakery in Pavilion KL Mall

views

wodenus
post Jun 22 2017, 03:55 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(cablesguy @ Jun 22 2017, 03:14 PM)
I havent visited the one in Pavillion yet, and frankly in no hurry, from the pix, the Paul's selections here look much more colorful than the one's in Europe, hope it taste better than the one's in Europe too, frankly some of the smaller pattiserie's in France are better.

For those that are interested, we chanced upon a nice patisserie in France, just get out from St Paul's metro,I wont tell the name of the patisserie whistling.gif just look around and follow your eyes and nose, the window is filled with colorful cakes, tarts and what nots, and the smell is just heavenly. It's actually quite hard to miss.  biggrin.gif
And if you're craving for macaroons in France, try Pierre Herme. One look at my wife after she took her first bite told me everything i need to know.

This is my personal opinion ya, not interested in getting into arguments  biggrin.gif , our tastebuds vary, thats why we're known as individuals.
Yes, that is the magic word when it comes to pastry.. follow your nose. If you pass by somewhere and there's this incredible smell, that's where you want to eat smile.gif
icemanfx
post Jun 23 2017, 12:16 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Jun 22 2017, 10:26 AM)
Nobody is going to criticize anybody for no reason. Everyone is entitled to his opinions. Most importantly is you have tried the pastries at Pauls. Your opinion is appreciated.

Iceman may have made the comment about Pauls not serving their flagship pastries, but that's not the question here. I asked a simple question on whether anyone has tasted the pastries at the Pauls outlet in Malaysia. Not everyone is interested whether the Paul outlet here sells their signature pastries or not. The interest is just on the pastries that are being sold at Pauls, simple as that. There are a lot of irrelevant remarks being made by Iceman such as the pastries are too costly, the new Paul outlet will not be able to sustain business for long. This thread is not to discuss this but to ask opinions from those who have tried the pastries. Nobody is interested to know whether the pastries being sold are too costly or the outlet at Pavilion may not make it for long. The question I asked is straight to the point but all sort of remarks that are out-of-context are being written.

You may be sick and tired of seeing people judging food based on their own opinions but you cannot stop them from doing that as it's the norm. You cannot expect people to judge based on the original taste. Most people may not know what's the "original taste". Most important is the food tastes good to them, based on their personal palate, and that is all that matters. The pastries at the Paul outlet here in Malaysia may not have the authentic flavour of the ones being sold in France, though most people will likely not care. As long as they can taste the pastries, that's all that matters. Whether it tastes good or bad, that is irrelevant as it's up to individual taste and preferences.

Not too sure about your comment on Hokkaido cheese tarts. I am not sure what message you are trying to convey here when you mentioned Malaysians are stupid to believe that Hokkaido cheese tarts are the real deal when they came out. I do think that Hokkaido cheese tarts are good and rather cheap when compared to Tokyo Secret which offers a slightly different taste albeit at a higher price. Nobody cares if Hokkaido is a secret recipe sub-company. As long as the tarts are delicious, that is all that matters. Whether the tarts are expensive or the business will close down in future, that's another discussion which is irrelevant.

In closure, it's not that I didn't understand the point about the food that's not available at the outlet here in Malaysia. The point I am attacking is he did not provide the answers to the question that is being asked but rather brought irrelevant points as mentioned above. As I have mentioned before, not everyone is interested whether the food tastes authentic or not, or the food is too pricey or business is closing down soon. It's immature responses more suitable for posts at Kopitiam when all I have asked is whether anybody has tried the pastries. If one has not tried the pastries at the outlet, then better not post anything.
The above more or less sum up why most local eatery is subpar.

anthonywongy
post Jun 26 2017, 01:43 AM

Getting Started
218 posts

QUOTE(Volkswagen2 @ Jun 22 2017, 10:26 AM)
Nobody is going to criticize anybody for no reason. Everyone is entitled to his opinions. Most importantly is you have tried the pastries at Pauls. Your opinion is appreciated.

Iceman may have made the comment about Pauls not serving their flagship pastries, but that's not the question here. I asked a simple question on whether anyone has tasted the pastries at the Pauls outlet in Malaysia. Not everyone is interested whether the Paul outlet here sells their signature pastries or not. The interest is just on the pastries that are being sold at Pauls, simple as that. There are a lot of irrelevant remarks being made by Iceman such as the pastries are too costly, the new Paul outlet will not be able to sustain business for long. This thread is not to discuss this but to ask opinions from those who have tried the pastries. Nobody is interested to know whether the pastries being sold are too costly or the outlet at Pavilion may not make it for long. The question I asked is straight to the point but all sort of remarks that are out-of-context are being written.

You may be sick and tired of seeing people judging food based on their own opinions but you cannot stop them from doing that as it's the norm. You cannot expect people to judge based on the original taste. Most people may not know what's the "original taste". Most important is the food tastes good to them, based on their personal palate, and that is all that matters. The pastries at the Paul outlet here in Malaysia may not have the authentic flavour of the ones being sold in France, though most people will likely not care. As long as they can taste the pastries, that's all that matters. Whether it tastes good or bad, that is irrelevant as it's up to individual taste and preferences.

Not too sure about your comment on Hokkaido cheese tarts. I am not sure what message you are trying to convey here when you mentioned Malaysians are stupid to believe that Hokkaido cheese tarts are the real deal when they came out. I do think that Hokkaido cheese tarts are good and rather cheap when compared to Tokyo Secret which offers a slightly different taste albeit at a higher price. Nobody cares if Hokkaido is a secret recipe sub-company. As long as the tarts are delicious, that is all that matters. Whether the tarts are expensive or the business will close down in future, that's another discussion which is irrelevant.

In closure, it's not that I didn't understand the point about the food that's not available at the outlet here in Malaysia. The point I am attacking is he did not provide the answers to the question that is being asked but rather brought irrelevant points as mentioned above. As I have mentioned before, not everyone is interested whether the food tastes authentic or not, or the food is too pricey or business is closing down soon. It's immature responses more suitable for posts at Kopitiam when all I have asked is whether anybody has tried the pastries. If one has not tried the pastries at the outlet, then better not post anything.
Cheers, no hard feeling anyway. Hope you can really get some time to try it out yourselves XD
Dwango
post Jul 14 2017, 03:07 PM

Casual
491 posts

Went to Pavilion last weekend with the wife to check out the pastries. Tried the meringue and chocolate and they surely taste great. Fresh and fluffy with a nice lemon taste with the meringue. Though it's not exactly cheap as two of the tarts already cost more than RM30.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

There were few people who were seen having the sandwiches but we decided not to try any since some here mentioned the bread of the sandwiches are hard as rock. Though the people who were having the sandwiches seem to be enjoying them though.

Kidicarus
post Jul 14 2017, 03:28 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
VIP
727 posts

QUOTE(anthonywongy @ Jun 22 2017, 12:16 AM)
You sure you won't be like the lady I mentioned earlier? No hard feeling, its purely my view as a chef. If u want, I can deliver some sample to you because we are supplying in SME size, you know not all foreigner can open a big shop like Paul, in malaysia
I know this is a Paul thread but I saw your post and was wondering if you could recommend any good bakeries that do croissants the proper way, ie the too difficult for me to do at home because my house is not cold enough to fold/refrigerate x god knows how many times

in pj/puchong/sj to be specific
hackwire
post Jul 17 2017, 05:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Jul 14 2017, 03:28 PM)
I know this is a Paul thread but I saw your post and was wondering if you could recommend any good bakeries that do croissants the proper way, ie the too difficult for me to do at home because my house is not cold enough to fold/refrigerate x god knows how many times

in pj/puchong/sj to be specific
croisserie. i don't like le bread , over hyped.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:37 PM