Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Retail, customer service hit hardest as Malaysian, firms cut hiring

views

TSJeremyLord
post Jun 2 2017, 06:40 AM, updated 7y ago

Casual
320 posts

user posted image
Malaysia’s retail industry suffered the steepest decline in online recruitment across the year as hiring activity fell 11 per cent between last month and April 2016. — Reuters pic

KUALA LUMPUR, June 1 — Malaysia’s retail industry suffered the steepest decline in online recruitment across the year as hiring activity fell 11 per cent between last month and April 2016, an index gauging online job posting activities revealed.

According to the Monster Employment Index (MEI) for Malaysia by online employment firm Monster.com, the online hiring for the retail industry had fallen by 36 per cent, while customer service was the worst hit occupation with a decline in recruitment of 60 per cent.

“While fluctuations in the Malaysian labour market persist, it is pertinent for businesses to devise a talent strategy that minimises the skills mismatch between that of fresh graduates and what industry requires currently.

“The global workforce is in a constant flux and it is vital for the government, industry and educational institutions to work in sync and support workers in mid-careers to upskill,” Sanjay Modi, the managing director of Monster.com for Asia-Pacific and Middle East, said in a statement yesterday.

The online hiring for information technology (IT), telecommunications, internet service provider, business process outsourcing and IT enabled service industry grew the most at 12 per cent year-to-year, followed by oil and gas at 11 per cent.

The occupation with highest growing online hiring was sales and business development at 9 per cent, followed by software, hardware and telecommunications at 7 per cent.

In comparison, the next worst hit industry after retail was hospitality which fell by 20 per cent. Similarly, hospitality and travel was the second worst hit occupation with a 39 per cent decline.

Other industry declining in online hiring were the advertising, market research, public relations, media and entertainment sector, and the engineering, construction and real estate sector.

Launched in May 205, the MEI is a monthly gauge of online job posting activity, based on a real-time review of millions of employer job opportunities, culled from a large representative selection of career websites and online job listings across Malaysia.

According to Monster, the Index does not reflect the trend of any one advertiser or source, but is an aggregate measure of the change in job listings across the industry.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia...h.iaPQXVbu.dpuf
xpole
post Jun 2 2017, 06:46 AM

Rain on me baby
1,362 posts

They cut the people that working in Customer Service and yet later customer complain why it takes so long for them to speak with the CS agent.

This post has been edited by xpole: Jun 2 2017, 06:46 AM
SereneAshley
post Jun 2 2017, 07:03 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

The retail service style adopted here is terrible, salespeople just stalk behind you sullenly as you browse around the store. Ruins my mood to even browse let alone buy anything. Not surprised that more people turn to online shopping these days.
L_nette
post Jun 2 2017, 07:21 AM

43 posts

Who need job just go apply to be credit card salesman. One of the jobs in malaysia that forever got vacancy
SUSSuper Saiya
post Jun 2 2017, 07:33 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

2016?
ycs
post Jun 2 2017, 08:20 AM

3,956 posts

QUOTE(SereneAshley @ Jun 2 2017, 07:03 AM)
The retail service style adopted here is terrible, salespeople just stalk behind you sullenly as you browse around the store. Ruins my mood to even browse let alone buy anything. Not surprised that more people turn to online shopping these days.
maybe you look suspicious? laugh.gif
~min~
post Jun 2 2017, 08:22 AM

SUN AND SUMMER!!
1,031 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 2 2017, 08:20 AM)
Its the same for everyone, they just follow you everywjere, creepy

At least while followwing, chat abit explain about thier product
ycs
post Jun 2 2017, 08:26 AM

3,956 posts

QUOTE(~min~ @ Jun 2 2017, 08:22 AM)
Its the same for everyone, they just follow you everywjere, creepy
At least while followwing, chat abit explain about thier product
if i'm in a group, i tell everyone to split up to different corners randomly, and then see who they follow laugh.gif
DarkNite
post Jun 2 2017, 08:27 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(Super Saiya @ Jun 2 2017, 07:33 AM)
2016?
Ya, I was like WTF!!!

Every shopping center visited advertise sales person/retail asst/service staff vacancy!
monocle
post Jun 2 2017, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

Normal. They scare customer steal.

Many years back I worked in retail, my superior So us to follow closely customer.

There*s 1 time a customer say stop following me, I told him my manager ask me follow. 🙈🙈
SUSWhyAmISoPoor
post Jun 2 2017, 08:29 AM

32 posts

Ya la when I go into Hermes and Prada shop all walk around thinking VIP service but actually not.
SereneAshley
post Jun 2 2017, 08:40 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 2 2017, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE(monocle @ Jun 2 2017, 08:29 AM)
Normal. They scare customer steal.

Many years back I worked in retail, my superior So us to follow closely customer.

There*s 1 time a customer say stop following me, I told him my manager ask me follow. 🙈🙈
I know it's to prevent theft. but most of the time these salespeople seem brain dead, barely know anything about the product other than the price, but just follow around like a zombie. There are lots of shops who happily let you browse and there are lots of shops who adopt the stalk method, so there are indeed better ways to prevent theft and such without creeping on your customer and driving them out.

This post has been edited by SereneAshley: Jun 2 2017, 08:41 AM
ihatemynahs
post Jun 2 2017, 08:42 AM

48 posts

all salesppl face mcm u kill their whole family, see oso sien
Lyu
post Jun 2 2017, 09:39 AM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Trima kasih zahid mengurangkan megasales
Alezabeth
post Jun 2 2017, 09:49 AM

10 posts

so many typo in the article... --
Yung_Psyke
post Jun 2 2017, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
286 posts

healthcare? whistling.gif
hjffgjng
post Jun 2 2017, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
221 posts

agree

msia r stupid

they may manage make sure 1 stuff not stesl,but they just kill 10 bisnes transaction

while the day actusly got stolen,the whole mall csnt do jsckshit,the msll,the shop,cashier and security guard,lol

let em steal lh,then ripot,u so stupid 4 wat,no bangkrupt

This post has been edited by hjffgjng: Jun 2 2017, 11:38 AM
maxxxxx0123
post Jun 2 2017, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(ihatemynahs @ Jun 2 2017, 08:42 AM)
all salesppl face mcm u kill their whole family, see oso sien
Mana Ada. I at isetan lot10 I see the service super good

I belum walk in 30m from door they already open for me. Walk in whole floor bow at me

I walk in at 11.02am la lol
max_cavalera
post Jun 2 2017, 11:43 AM

rebirth
5,406 posts

Ayam jobless more than 1 year....

Income ada je tapi wife always tak puas hati with me say me malas dont go to work 9-6 like typical should do....

Always kena one me jilake....😞

Once i upgrade to consistent 20k monthly income like ketard dude. Tome for me to upgrade the annoying wife too
TSJeremyLord
post Jun 2 2017, 12:05 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Jun 2 2017, 11:43 AM)
Ayam jobless more than 1 year....

Income ada je tapi wife always tak puas hati with me say me malas dont go to work 9-6 like typical should do....

Always kena one me jilake....😞

Once i upgrade to consistent 20k monthly income like ketard dude. Tome for me to upgrade the annoying wife too
Kek

2 Pages  1 2 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:19 AM