Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is 2GB for Every Weekend Free for Hotlink Fast?

views

TSDwango
post Jun 1 2017, 09:20 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
491 posts

With Hotlink Fast, I just got to know that this 1 GB/hour per day is not free as we need to purchase the internet pass to enjoy this free service. Got caught there.

What about this "free" 2 GB for every weekend? Do we need to purchase the internet pass to enjoy the free service?
ReWeR
post Jun 1 2017, 09:32 PM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Jun 1 2017, 09:20 PM)
With Hotlink Fast, I just got to know that this 1 GB/hour per day is not free as we need to purchase the internet pass to enjoy this free service. Got caught there.

What about this "free" 2 GB for every weekend? Do we need to purchase the internet pass to enjoy the free service?
hotlink user here.

the 1gb 1hour per day is free, but limited from 7am - 7pm, and if add on another rm1 can get 1 more hour extension. usually i dun bother with that.

it's actually 1gb free for saturday, and another 1gb for sunday. this one is automatically activate.

to activate 1gb 1hour, the easiest way is to install hotlink red app, click on the [claim] button then can claim it. just ignore the additional rm1 for extra 1 hour.

TSDwango
post Jun 2 2017, 08:18 AM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Jun 1 2017, 09:32 PM)
hotlink user here.

the 1gb 1hour per day is free, but limited from 7am - 7pm, and if add on another rm1 can get 1 more hour extension. usually i dun bother with that.

it's actually 1gb free for saturday, and another 1gb for sunday. this one is automatically activate.

to activate 1gb 1hour, the easiest way is to install hotlink red app, click on the [claim] button then can claim it. just ignore the additional rm1 for extra 1 hour.
Thanks for the information but the message I got is suggesting something else. I dialed #868* and this is the message I have got below. They suggested to purchase weekly or monthly internet pass to be able to redeem the free 1GB ?? I got the message at around 4.00 pm yesterday when I tried and it's now 8.15 am and it's the same thing, so I am sure the time is within 7 am to 7 pm when I tried to apply for the 1 GB Free internet.

user posted image

I'll just call Hotlink later to find out.
TSDwango
post Jun 2 2017, 09:19 AM

Casual
491 posts

Just called Hotlink and was informed that this free 2GB (weekends) and 1GB (everyday) is only free when we purchase the internet pass under Happy Hour. So in other words, we have to pay money for the internet pass to enjoy the free data. So it's not really free!! It's only free when you subscribe to the weekly internet pass (minimum RM10/week) or the monthly internet pass (RM30/month).
kit2
post Jun 3 2017, 02:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Jun 2 2017, 09:19 AM)
Just called Hotlink and was informed that this free 2GB (weekends) and 1GB (everyday) is only free when we purchase the internet pass under Happy Hour. So in other words, we have to pay money for the internet pass to enjoy the free data. So it's not really free!! It's only free when you subscribe to the weekly internet pass (minimum RM10/week) or the monthly internet pass (RM30/month).
the weekend 2gb should be free on 4g without any pass. is this not the case now?
cfa28
post Jun 3 2017, 11:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,739 posts

The 1gb per Sat and Sun is only free if you are purchasing a monthly pass. Min monthly pass is rm30 for 2GB

The free 1gb per hour per day which is actually totally useless is only valid if you are purchasing a monthly pass or weekly pass.

If you just reload rm30 and don't purchase any weekly or monthly pass... It's sorry, no free high-speed internet

Think there is based 64 kbps which is good enough for waze, WhatsApp but not for sending video messages
kit2
post Jun 4 2017, 10:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Jun 3 2017, 11:31 PM)
The 1gb per Sat and Sun is only free if you are purchasing a monthly pass. Min monthly pass is rm30 for 2GB

If you just reload rm30 and don't purchase any weekly or monthly pass... It's sorry, no free high-speed internet
ok, thanks for the info. this is news to me.

i was still using the free weekend 2gb last month after merely topping up rm5 to reactivate my number. i guess i may have to find a new telco.

cfa28
post Jun 4 2017, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,739 posts

QUOTE(kit2 @ Jun 4 2017, 10:21 AM)
ok, thanks for the info. this is news to me.

i was still using the free weekend 2gb last month after merely topping up rm5 to reactivate my number. i guess i may have to find a new telco.
I could be wrong. Should tag hotlink for his input
Chrono-Trigger
post Jun 4 2017, 10:16 PM

PERPETUAL BEWILDERMENT
3,796 posts

Weekend pass is available as long as the account is active. Daily free only if you have monthly pass
#Hotlink
post Jun 5 2017, 09:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Jun 4 2017, 10:16 PM)
Weekend pass is available as long as the account is active. Daily free only if you have monthly pass
Pretty much concisely sums it up perfectly here thumbup.gif
tonyha12
post Jun 10 2017, 03:04 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(#Hotlink @ Jun 5 2017, 09:24 AM)
Pretty much concisely sums it up perfectly here  thumbup.gif
Well if what you're saying is true, why can't i use my 'free' 2GB right now? I've upgraded to Hotlink FAST for 3 months now and I've not been able to take any privilege of this 'free' weekend pass, not even once. It doesn't prioritise the weekend pass when i have an active pass as well. It feels as if upgrading to this plan has been a scam. My red points from Hotlink RED app also 'vanished' mysteriously...
westlife
post Jun 10 2017, 06:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,263 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Jun 2 2017, 09:19 AM)
This is known thing and on the website stated it.
KannaSai1
post Jun 10 2017, 09:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Jun 3 2017, 11:31 PM)

The free 1gb per hour per day which is actually totally useless is only valid if you are purchasing a monthly pass or weekly pass.

Think there is based 64 kbps which is good enough for waze, WhatsApp but not for sending video messages
sat n sun no more free 1gb ?
westlife
post Jun 11 2017, 01:10 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,263 posts

QUOTE(tonyha12 @ Jun 10 2017, 03:04 PM)
Well if what you're saying is true, why can't i use my 'free'  2GB right now?  I've upgraded to Hotlink FAST for 3 months now and I've not been able to take any privilege of this 'free' weekend pass, not even once. It doesn't prioritise the weekend pass when i have an active pass as well. It feels as if upgrading to this plan has been a scam. My red points from Hotlink RED app also 'vanished'  mysteriously...
2gb
I got the 2gb every weekend since day 1 I switched to hotlink fast 3.0. No issues everything is automatic.
irvind83
post Jun 13 2017, 08:51 AM

7 posts

you need to be under 4G coverage to use free 2GB internet

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:14 PM