Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda Malaysia HORRIBLE AFTER SALES SERVICE, After sales service by Honda Malaysia

views

K1963
post Feb 25 2019, 11:57 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(pigduck @ Feb 25 2019, 10:18 AM)
Haha yes. Service Centres do NOT follow the service booklet. I have been overcharged at each and every service. Every time I highlight the booklet's costs they'll give some excuse. It's terrible. I feel cheated every time. Sure I get to send my car in for service and usually they'll take 1 day or so.

Once I sent in my car for service and mysteriously, my battery needed changing. I hate talking to them. Also, when you are late for a service choosing to follow mileage instead of month, you get charged a surcharge.

It's such an unpleasant experience. I had a Perodua and they were great throughout the 3 years when my car was under warranty and I was never angry like I am dealing with Honda.
Never ever buying new Honda again.
My Honda CR-V engine mounting broken under warranty. Take almost 3 weeks for parts to change.
When ask why this happen, the excuse is u every time delay in service your car.

ocphangaz
post Feb 26 2019, 08:30 AM

Midlife Crysis.
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(clive841202 @ Feb 11 2019, 08:54 AM)
I bought my Honda HRV on may 2017. At Dec 2017, my car was caught in accident. After calling HONDA Service Center. They advice me to send to a Panel Workshop. After repair and repair, my Honda HRV still have problem. It was total 4 time of sending to workshop.

Imagine when i press my pedal to overtake vehicle, the exhaust smell came inside my car.
Sick of Honda poor quality car. I understand from technician not only my car having this problem.
this means 2 things

1. exhaust leaks
2. missing rubber seals on car chassis.

on newer car like yours with Cat Converter, you should NOT even smell ANY exhaust smell.
JZenith
post Feb 26 2019, 08:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ocphangaz @ Feb 26 2019, 08:30 AM)
this means 2 things

1. exhaust leaks
2. missing rubber seals on car chassis.

on newer car like yours with Cat Converter, you should NOT even smell ANY exhaust smell.
even you know what causing the issue but honda workshop cant fix it.
ijnek
post Feb 26 2019, 01:31 PM

On my way

i too gave up on honda service support.
always citing lack of manpower or no parts available...
pigduck
post Feb 26 2019, 10:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ExCrIpT @ Feb 25 2019, 11:39 AM)
which outlet is that?
they have never dared to do something like that to me.
Yeah we don't spend hundreds of thousands on a car only to get bad service.
Honda Peringgit Old Klang Road gives me a headache as mentioned - doesn't follow service booklet costs ever. But I can always send whenever I call them.

Honda Section 13 doesn't pick up their phones and when they do it's fully booked.

I suppose fully booked places mean servicing should be better.
cempedaklife
post Feb 27 2019, 06:37 AM

Master Decoy

QUOTE(pigduck @ Feb 26 2019, 10:27 PM)
Yeah we don't spend hundreds of thousands on a car only to get bad service.
Honda Peringgit Old Klang Road gives me a headache as mentioned - doesn't follow service booklet costs ever. But I can always send whenever I call them.

Honda Section 13 doesn't pick up their phones and when they do it's fully booked.

I suppose fully booked places mean servicing should be better.
Not necessarily. You have not have an problem with your car, you worried about drive it safely, you drive in service centre early in the morning without appointment. When you reach, they asked if you have an appointment, you said no. Then they said its fully book. You can leave your car for a few days or make an appointment. And that's its. You didn't even get a chance to describe your problem.
xajimx
post Feb 27 2019, 06:56 AM

Getting Started

Hmm so far so good for my 13 Jazz Hybrid. BUT, I always go to HZN Glenmarie SC. Service is quite tiptop there, online booking, whether through WhatsApp or their website, as long as it's couple of days before. At their SC itself got food for owners to chill, there's also a shuttle car to go back within specific area coverage of course if you don't want to wait for the service to be done.

I once tried nearby my house since it's nearer, Sg Buloh one. lol..freaking horrible. My car was done ngam2 before lunch time. EXACTLY at 1pm everyone dropped everything off including the cashier so I needed to wait 1 hour just for the cashier to come back to issue invoice for payment. Priorities! rclxms.gif Next week asked me to review their SC. Didnt even bother replying, not worth a single star.
pigduck
post Feb 27 2019, 09:44 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Feb 27 2019, 06:37 AM)
Not necessarily. You have not have an problem with your car, you worried about drive it safely, you drive in service centre early in the morning without appointment. When you reach, they asked if you have an appointment, you said no. Then they said its fully book. You can leave your car for a few days or make an appointment. And that's its. You didn't even get a chance to describe your problem.
obv not. i see that my car is due for service and then call to book a spot and make an appt before going in. why woild inwaste precious time juat driving up to a service centre without an appt?. don't judge me. cos u didn't want to listen.
cempedaklife
post Feb 27 2019, 03:46 PM

Master Decoy

QUOTE(pigduck @ Feb 27 2019, 09:44 AM)
obv not. i see that my car is due for service and then call to book a spot and make an appt before going in. why woild inwaste precious time juat driving up to a service centre without an appt?. don't judge me.  cos u didn't want to listen.
not sure what you mean by that.

what i'm referring to is, if you need service to maintain a car, its easy job for them, just follow time and schedule. 10k mileage change this, 50k mileage change that. just follow sheet.

what i'm referring to is, if you expect to get help from them on adhoc issue, like when your car has certain issue and need to be looked at on the same day, goodluck to you mate.

lets say you have gearbox issue, you are not even sure if its safe to drive, you need help on same day, you dont even mind waiting whole day. they dont even serve you, either you leave the car for few days. or you make an appointment for a later date. what do you do? stop driving for a week and wait? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by cempedaklife: Feb 27 2019, 03:48 PM
langatian
post Feb 27 2019, 05:10 PM

Getting Started

this one good or not?
ocphangaz
post Mar 6 2019, 12:07 PM

Midlife Crysis.

QUOTE(JZenith @ Feb 26 2019, 08:57 AM)
even you know what causing the issue but honda workshop cant fix it.
i'm more concern about the QC of the car from factory... unless your car is more than 5 yo, there is no reason for this to happen in the first place.
Lim You Seng
post May 31 2019, 04:39 PM

Group: Newbie

Might I add ... it is atrociously horrible

I had IMA Battery Error message on my Jazz Hybrid.
I sent it to the dealer I purchased from in 2012 since it has all the of the car's service records.
The diagnosis is the inverter intelligent unit , costing RM10,000 is faulty and needs to be replaced and it will take 3 days.
I repeatedly ask for confirmation, since it is quite a hefty bill, if this is truly the fault and every time the answer from the service centre is affirmative.
Not satisfied, I seeked a second opinion; this third party workshop not only diagnose but verified correctly the fault and repaired the fault for RM1000 in less than 2 hours.
The car is now running well.
The fault is the IMA battery fan that has shorted, not the inverter that cost a bomb.
If I had proceeded with the repair at the service centre, not only would I have to foot a hefty bill but the true fault would not have been rectified either.
On one hand owners have to have their cars serviced at service centres , to avoid voiding warranties ; on the other you have service centre such as this that is incompetent and unethically mislead customers.
Makes one wonder how many car owners would have been taken for a ride given the service centre's incompetence.
It is real sham and shame on Honda

abubin
post May 31 2019, 05:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Lim You Seng @ May 31 2019, 04:39 PM)
Might I add ... it is atrociously horrible

I had IMA Battery Error message on my Jazz Hybrid.
I sent it to the dealer I purchased from in 2012 since it has all the of the car's service records.
The diagnosis is the inverter intelligent unit , costing RM10,000 is faulty and needs to be replaced and it will take 3 days.
I repeatedly ask for confirmation, since it is quite a hefty bill, if this is truly the fault and every time the answer from the service centre is affirmative.
Not satisfied, I seeked a second opinion; this third party workshop  not only diagnose but verified correctly the fault and repaired the fault for RM1000 in less than 2 hours.
The car is now running well.
The fault is the IMA battery fan that has shorted, not the inverter that cost a bomb.
If I had proceeded with the repair at the service centre, not only would I have to foot a hefty bill but the true fault would not have been rectified either.
On one hand owners have to have their cars serviced at service centres , to avoid voiding warranties ; on the other you have service centre such as this that is incompetent and unethically mislead customers.
Makes one wonder how many car owners would have been taken for a ride given the service centre's incompetence.
It is real sham and shame on Honda
This is the same for other car SCs. I have used both Honda and Toyota. Both have this kind of service quality WHEN you have adhoc problems. Scheduled maintenance are all fine because they can just follow the book. But for adhoc case, they know nut about how to diagnose the issue. Bring outside workshop better. Even if they can find the problem, for example they know it's somewhere in the gearbox, what they will do is ask you to replace the whole gearbox which cost tens of thousands instead of fixing a particular part in the gearbox and all. From my experience and hearing complain from others, Proton, Perodua and Naza is even worst. Even Volkswagen is not that good either. These SC mechanics sucks.

Just the other day, I called Honda SC to check with them on diagnosing problem with a sound in my car. They said they are fully booked for car diagnostic until end of June. I double confirm and yes I heard it right. END OF FREAKING JUNE!!! So I said if my car have emergency issue which need to be fixed immediately also I cannot bring in my car? They answer is leave the car with them and they will check when have time. Also, checking for problem is RM80-150. Unlike Toyota which is FREE even for out of warranty cars.

10 Pages « < 8 9 10Top
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0767sec    2.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 09:59 AM