Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Location vs Size, Condo near KL

For own stay, which one would you rather??

1,200+ sf condo in the middle of Wangsa Maju [ 6 ] ** [54.55%]
1,400+ sf condo deep into Segambut [ 5 ] ** [45.45%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSkakikukeko
post May 31 2017, 12:16 PM, updated 7y ago

8 posts

Hi all..

Would like to pick yall sifus' brains here on the matter.. Do share your thoughts please.. Both have almost similar attributes :

- Prices are at the same range - smaller unit more expensive by app RM65psf..
- Both also have same title status..
- Both also mid density..
- Both also have high nice views - though slight edge on the bigger unit..
- The bigger unit has lower maintenance fee..

Thanking yall in advance.. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by kakikukeko: May 31 2017, 03:30 PM
aaron1717
post May 31 2017, 03:49 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

its more to yourself... u favour which one more... size more important to you or location more important to you... dont lie to yourself and say both important... sure gt one is more important than the other.....
cherroy
post May 31 2017, 06:41 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

Time is invaluable that one cannot buy.

One day save 1 hour in travelling, 1 month save 30 hours, + petrol + tiredness.

TSkakikukeko
post May 31 2017, 10:36 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ May 31 2017, 03:49 PM)
its more to yourself... u favour which one more... size more important to you or location more important to you... dont lie to yourself and say both important... sure gt one is more important than the other.....
Many thanks for your input, which i concur with - to an extent.. 👍👍👍 How I wish it is that easy.. 😣😣😣 WM would be more practical - closer to the city, many amenities nearby, mature area, good accessibility, etc etc.. But as it's intended for own stay, I don't think i can lie to myself and disregard the fact that I do not want a bigger space albeit slightly oni - especially with the possibility of growing number of household members..

I know I can only have one or the other, just wondering which one would be of a lesser compromise in the long run.. Appreciate your thoughts anyway..

QUOTE(cherroy @ May 31 2017, 06:41 PM)
Time is invaluable that one cannot buy.

One day save 1 hour in travelling, 1 month save 30 hours, + petrol + tiredness.
100% agreed.. That's a valid point.. Can't put a price on peace of mind.. Thanks for your view.. Posed this question to seek opinions in the hope of also getting peace of mind when I finally decide to favor one over the other.. 😊😊😊

This post has been edited by kakikukeko: May 31 2017, 10:38 PM
aaron1717
post Jun 1 2017, 09:17 AM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(kakikukeko @ May 31 2017, 10:36 PM)
Many thanks for your input, which i concur with - to an extent.. 👍👍👍 How I wish it is that easy.. 😣😣😣 WM would be more practical - closer to the city, many amenities nearby, mature area, good accessibility, etc etc.. But as it's intended for own stay, I don't think i can lie to myself and disregard the fact that I do not want a bigger space albeit slightly oni - especially with the possibility of growing number of household members..

I know I can only have one or the other,  just wondering which one would be of a lesser compromise in the long run.. Appreciate your thoughts anyway..
100% agreed.. That's a valid point.. Can't put a price on peace of mind.. Thanks for your view.. Posed this question to seek opinions in the hope of also getting peace of mind when I finally decide to favor one over the other.. 😊😊😊
unless u say u going to have kids of size of a futsal team... for a normal 4-5 family members... the slight size difference wont be much... unless there are more rooms provided for the larger unit.... otherwise.... location will be more torturing on you day to day from the minute u go to work.... lol
TSkakikukeko
post Jun 1 2017, 10:10 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Jun 1 2017, 09:17 AM)
unless u say u going to have kids of size of a futsal team... for a normal 4-5 family members... the slight size difference wont be much... unless there are more rooms provided for the larger unit.... otherwise.... location will be more torturing on you day to day from the minute u go to work.... lol
TQVM @aaron1717.. Yup that actually makes perfect sense!! thumbup.gif

Amongst the reasons I brought this matter up is coz with the situation that am in now, the size of the place should've been just nice.. But you know la, in time you'll have more stuff and more stuff means you require space to keep them and without you even realizing, you're running out of it.. unsure.gif Hence, currently looking for a bigger place.. icon_question.gif

But yes, I suppose you're right, shouldn't compromise the location just for that slight size difference.. Gotcha!! thumbsup.gif
oxm8
post Jun 1 2017, 07:12 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

i tot u want to compare 750sq ft with 1400 sq ft.
not much different 1200 with 1400.. perhaps just additional room...
TSkakikukeko
post Jun 2 2017, 01:09 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(oxm8 @ Jun 1 2017, 07:12 PM)
i tot u want to compare 750sq ft with 1400 sq ft.
not much different 1200 with 1400.. perhaps just additional room...
Yes, just slight difference.. And yes there's an additional maid/study/utility room for the bigger unit.. But the way I see it, space is still space.. Though just 200+ sf extra - for almost the same price btw - it could still be of use.. But I take it that you're saying that paying for the location is more worthwhile than for the insignificant additional space.. Point taken, much appreciated.. 👌😊👍
AskarPerang
post Jun 4 2017, 10:58 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

Location is more important than the additional 200 sqft.
And Wangsa Maju more develop and more road access compare to Segambut. Yes, both area will be filled up with high rise coming in soon. You need to study and see.
TSkakikukeko
post Jun 5 2017, 01:11 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jun 4 2017, 10:58 AM)
Location is more important than the additional 200 sqft.
And Wangsa Maju more develop and more road access compare to Segambut. Yes, both area will be filled up with high rise coming in soon. You need to study and see.
From what I've studied and seen, I believe your facts are on point.. And your conclusion is plausible.. Thanks a lot for sharing your view!!
TSkakikukeko
post Jun 5 2017, 01:18 AM

8 posts

And thank you very much for those who voted as well.. Though I was very much hoping to also read opinions in favour of the bigger unit, since there obviously are some who think so.. Appreciate it nonetheless..
airtawarian
post Jun 6 2017, 07:53 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

if you want, i have a unit near Columbia Hospital. pm me if you are interested.
TSkakikukeko
post Jun 7 2017, 10:47 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(airtawarian @ Jun 6 2017, 07:53 PM)
if you want, i have a unit near Columbia Hospital. pm me if you are interested.
Am assuming you're referring to the one in Setapak?? Many thanks for the offer, but apologies I think I'll have to pass.. icon_rolleyes.gif Am sticking with either of these 2 and I think with the help of the views shared here it's getting clearer now on which one will I be inclining towards.. Thanks anyway.. notworthy.gif
enriquelee
post Jun 8 2017, 02:49 PM

Don't ask for more, ask for COKE
All Stars
10,507 posts

I would say unless you need the additional room, or else Mangsa Maju would be a better choice for you.
wild_card_my
post Jun 8 2017, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

location matters more, especially if it can save you headaches when trying to get to work or find foods

time, effort, sanity, money, energy... this matters more than some 200sqft.

We are not talking about 2000 sqft here laugh.gif
TSkakikukeko
post Jun 9 2017, 12:01 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Jun 8 2017, 02:49 PM)
I would say unless you need the additional room, or else Mangsa Maju would be a better choice for you.
I wouldn't outright say that I don't need the additional room la.. sweat.gif But I suppose as opposed to compromising a really good location, I think I can live without it.. biggrin.gif Thanks a lot for your input!! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(wild_card_my @ Jun 8 2017, 03:08 PM)
location matters more, especially if it can save you headaches when trying to get to work or find foods

time, effort, sanity, money, energy... this matters more than some 200sqft.

We are not talking about 2000 sqft here laugh.gif
Well said!! nod.gif When you put it that way, ya there seem to be a lot more at stake than just location for a mere 200sf extra.. sweat.gif Hear you loud and clear.. TQVM!! thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0471sec    0.79    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:39 PM