RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Newbies to Road-Cycling

ironrashid_2k2
post Mar 21 2007, 05:47 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hola Guys...

I am interested in long distance cycling. Y'know like from KL to putrajaya or KL to Ipoh. But then I dont know what bike to buy, I've been reading the post here in LYN, the more i read the more confused i become.

the parts, the body frame type.even tyre. And the price of the bicycle alone can go up until RM10K.Wallaneh..

My budget is around 2k. I need to know the bicycle groups, mostly that involve long distance cycling. the magazine that i need to know, and what kind of bike i should get for newbies like me.

Thanks in advance
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
akchang
post Mar 21 2007, 07:07 PM

The Love Guru
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ironrashid_2k2 @ Mar 21 2007, 05:47 PM)
Hola Guys...

I am interested in long distance cycling. Y'know like from KL to putrajaya or KL to Ipoh. But then I dont know what bike to buy, I've been reading the post here in LYN, the more i read the more confused i become.

the parts, the body frame type.even tyre. And the price of the bicycle alone can go up until RM10K.Wallaneh..

My budget is around 2k. I need to know the bicycle groups, mostly that involve long distance cycling. the magazine that i need to know, and what kind of bike i should get for newbies like me.

Thanks in advance
Try this link below :

http://pcc-cycling.freeservers.com/

They do alot of long distance riding. nod.gif
+Quote Post
ignn_tion
post Mar 22 2007, 12:32 AM

Getting Started

For beginner, Its best to buy a complete bike. You'll need to have a shorts, glove and helmet ... these are very important for protections.

Mmm ... Rm2k ... I assume you'll want to go for a road bike. Actually with RM2k its kinda hard ... you can look around for bikes like scott, giant or fuji. Those also I think you'll need to spend about RM2k ++ not including shorts, glove and helmet. REMEMBER !!! SIZE of the frame that suites you is very important !!! With the incorrect size, you won't enjoy riding your bike.

For cycling groups, you can go to PCC .... they cycle leisurely ...hehe
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Mar 22 2007, 11:44 AM

Casual

Then i have to save up until 3k lah..
+Quote Post
DAViS
post Mar 22 2007, 12:29 PM

Authorised Online Dealer

Bicycling stuff always exceeded your budget, like my last night bike target at RM1K ending up is another K. sad.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Amanda85
post Mar 22 2007, 04:40 PM

Scuderia Ferrari

i'm thinking of taking part in dualthon...probably...

d prob is that i only had a mountain bike @ home, which belongs to my bro...

n i never thought that buying a roadbike cost around 2k..!! shocking.gif
+Quote Post
DAViS
post Mar 22 2007, 08:00 PM

Authorised Online Dealer

When you are into cycling world you would understand a good bike would give you better performance & handling, roughly about 10% factor.
+Quote Post
Amanda85
post Mar 23 2007, 09:43 AM

Scuderia Ferrari

QUOTE(DAViS @ Mar 22 2007, 08:00 PM)
When you are into cycling world you would understand a good bike would give you better performance & handling, roughly about 10% factor.
then i better concentrated on running 1st tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Mar 23 2007, 09:43 AM
+Quote Post
hyperzeta2000
post Mar 24 2007, 10:13 AM

hheheh it's always with that 'wow the other guy's bike is better' factor that makes you wanna upgrade ...but when you start off it's better to budget for around RM 4K to get a decent Alloy frame and 105 grouppo ....other wise you're goina end up spending more ....get something that you are happy with ...for at least 1 year....plus the accessories like full set jersey....the helmet will be a bomb ranges frm RM 100 - RM 800 also got dependin on you budget ...n tools for emergency ....all n all i think you'll start off around RM 6K??.....
BUT ....there's always credit card 0% intrest payment ma ....heheh....well it helps making it not so expensive ler ....
+Quote Post
faiz92
post Mar 24 2007, 11:23 PM

Fish is awesome

i start with 4.8k and end up at 8.9k.
im still young and i love cycling..hehe..
its like a drug for me..hahahahahaha...

the magazine that u should buy is Cycling plus.it is around rm22.30+-.[nobody answer this question..hehe]
+Quote Post
lucifah
post Mar 24 2007, 11:28 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Group: Staff

get a 2nd hand bike

a yr 2002 / 03 components with a correct size frame may cost you about 2k

get your local bike shop help to source for 2nd hand parts. most time they are willing to help since many of their customers try to dump old components to them

u can get great bargain

just make sure you dun buy 2nd hand helmet (dangerous) or shorts (eww... gross) or even gloves sweat.gif
+Quote Post
unamed
post Mar 24 2007, 11:34 PM

Casual

During cycling on road, is it okay for us to be cycling in the lane where cars drive? Because if want to go from KL to Ipoh we have to use the highway right? Do we cycle at the side or can we cycle on the left lane of the highway?
+Quote Post
faiz92
post Mar 24 2007, 11:40 PM

Fish is awesome

Cyclist cant use the highway,peronda will come very fast towards u and ask u to turn back.^^
they come when we dont want them!haha,

This post has been edited by faiz92: Mar 25 2007, 12:54 PM
+Quote Post
ignn_tion
post Mar 25 2007, 11:00 AM

Getting Started

I've seen the bike ... a Bianci with campagnolo components , cost about RM4k++ at joo ngan bicycle centre... very value for money. If I were a beginner, I'll go for that .... Beginers out there ... you can consider that !

campagnolo components are bit more heavier than shimano components , but there are a lot more reliable that shimano components. Heavy doesn't mean its not good ... for me , I won't want a bike that's too light, definetly you won't like it on flat roads.

+Quote Post
faiz92
post Mar 25 2007, 12:57 PM

Fish is awesome

4k plus 300[shoe] plus 200[shorts] plus 100[jersey] plus 500[helmet]...[this what we call overhead cost]hehehe...

Some of use love campagnolo and some of use love shimano.u should try both and chose what suit your hand well.
+Quote Post
unamed
post Mar 25 2007, 04:57 PM

Casual

QUOTE(faiz92 @ Mar 24 2007, 11:40 PM)
Cyclist cant use the highway,peronda will come very fast towards u and ask u to turn back.^^
How to cycle from KL to Ipoh then?
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Mar 25 2007, 11:27 PM

Casual

QUOTE(unamed @ Mar 25 2007, 04:57 PM)
How to cycle from KL to Ipoh then?
Use the old road la..hoho...
A lot of info, thanks guys..more info..more..i am hunger for info..
+Quote Post
Balmung
post Jul 20 2007, 08:02 PM

Group: New Member

Guys, about the size of the bike, how to know which size is the one that suits me? I'm about 170cm height. How long should the top tube be? Is 50cm too long for me?
+Quote Post
Samurai X
post Jul 21 2007, 04:34 PM

Casual

after i browsed thru all the posting, i noticed it was about getting the good frame that best suited to our phsyical needs.
and the rest can be cutomize.
am gonna try one of those option that akchang gave me in Mountain Biking thread. thumbup.gif
go for good 2nd hand bike, ask the owner if we could test ride around the house compound laugh.gif and customize the rest. just gotta be sure about no cracked frames.
+Quote Post
JonC
post Jul 26 2007, 09:44 AM

Forever Silenced But The Truth Will Be Told - JFT96

QUOTE(Balmung @ Jul 20 2007, 08:02 PM)
Guys, about the size of the bike, how to know which size is the one that suits me? I'm about 170cm height. How long should the top tube be? Is 50cm too long for me?
Mate, what size bike depends on how long your legs are to your crotch. Also the shop will tune the bike sitting position accordingly to the width of your shoulder and length of your torso. Also will set how high the handle bar will be accordingly to ensure the most comfortable position for you - low will be more aerodynamic but can lead to backache, while high will be comfortable but you'll feel a bit drag down.

Better to get 2nd-hand bike when you first start out, i can say there's a lot of roadies that like to change bikes every now and then - their old bikes are available for sale and at very good condition. Ask for a test ride - check for flexes in the bottom bracket, head tube area, seat tube area and derailleur hanger / dropouts to ensure the frame is not cracked or damaged in a fall.

I was an ex-roadie, my last road bike cost me >8k, beautiful italian steel bike pair with campy chorus parts. Sold of the bike after i move to klang area as the road over here is way too dangerous to bike and i got way too busy cry.gif

Off topic but anyone watched the tour de doping er.... i mean france. Really dissapointed with all the cheaters.
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Nov 20 2007, 11:01 PM

On my way

me and my fren are quite interested in road cycling but as we are still students, budget would be a big problem. If we look for 2nd hand bikes could we lower the cost to 1k-2k??

any shop recommendations that would help noobs to purchase bikes?
+Quote Post
dvng
post Nov 22 2007, 12:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jonjon87 @ Nov 20 2007, 11:01 PM)
me and my fren are quite interested in road cycling but as we are still students, budget would be a big problem. If we look for 2nd hand bikes could we lower the cost to 1k-2k??

any shop recommendations that would help noobs to purchase bikes?
try bikepro in Taman Megah, PJ...they can help you with your choice..
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Nov 23 2007, 07:57 PM

On my way

1 dumb question.......lets say i purchase a bike....how would i take it home??could it fit into a normal car????i drive kenari....
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Nov 26 2007, 05:56 PM

Casual

of course can, you can take both wheels out, or just the front wheel but you do need to lower you back seat.

by the way, our TS just bought a bike. for me, it was a good deal. let me know when you want to sell the 105 dude.
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Nov 29 2007, 06:46 PM

On my way

i'll pm him to ask where what and where he bought the bike...
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Dec 4 2007, 02:27 PM

Casual

QUOTE(miniacs @ Nov 26 2007, 05:56 PM)
of course can, you can take both wheels out, or just the front wheel but you do need to lower you back seat.

by the way, our TS just bought a bike. for me, it was a good deal. let me know when you want to sell the 105 dude.
105 groupset is it? Maybe after i get myself the ultegra groupset.

Added on December 4, 2007, 2:30 pm
QUOTE(jonjon87 @ Nov 29 2007, 06:46 PM)
i'll pm him to ask where what and where he bought the bike...
Dude, as been told by Miniacs, you can get the bike from Bikepro or other shops. (ConceptCycle, Lerun Bangsar, KSH, Joo Ngan And Son). Or you can search in Bicycle Buy and Sell.

This post has been edited by ironrashid_2k2: Dec 4 2007, 02:30 PM
+Quote Post
hungheykwun
post Dec 6 2007, 03:53 PM

Enthusiast

i was once very interested in cycling in kl. even joined fakawi. but the attitude of the shopkeeper (a pro in cycling) and certain cyclists turned me off for good
+Quote Post
JonC
post Dec 6 2007, 04:14 PM

Forever Silenced But The Truth Will Be Told - JFT96

QUOTE(hungheykwun @ Dec 6 2007, 03:53 PM)
i was once very interested in cycling in kl. even joined fakawi. but the attitude of the shopkeeper (a pro in cycling) and certain cyclists turned me off for good
There are different cycling groups affiliated to certain shops and they tend to not like each other. Some of them can be very "stuck-up" with all their high-end bikes. Been through that.
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Dec 7 2007, 10:00 AM

Casual

there are also groupies..hehe, some certain brand in one group, something like that
+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Dec 8 2007, 09:41 PM

Casual

my father and me just cycled about 50km todays' morning....
from petrajaya kuching to i dont know what name..
but halfway my group have to turn back becoz the sky look so dark...
i'm new in kuching... i went back to my father's house in kuching becoz i'm in holiday...
i just start cycling last month..
i still use my father's bicycles..
my father have 3 bikes...
1 mtb (bianchi) and 2 racing bike (raleigh and i dont know what brand)...
i will post my father's bicycles pict later..
+Quote Post
mzqee536
post Dec 10 2007, 01:03 AM

I got one cycling road bike. Eddy Merckx frame, use Shimano accessory. Bought in 1994. Long time not used.
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 10 2007, 04:08 PM

Casual

damn mzqee536, your bike is a classic already. 13 years mate. Eddy Merckx is a good rider, he was riding on De Rosa bike when he first started if I am not mistaken. Love De Rosa frame especially Kings3 but the price is not too my liking..

Prince of Andalus, i think your destination could be from Petra Jaya to Damai Beach kot, the first half is the easy part but once you are closer to Damai Beach resort, there is where the fun begins...hilly dude..i thought Kuching people are more inclined to mtb. correct me if i am wrong.

but the mtb scene in malaysia, to me personally are getting ever more popular than road. some more the mtb bikes look more canggih if it is dirtier..road bike you got to keep it clean.

famous mtb riders that switch to road bike are like micheal rasmussen, evan cadels, flandis lyod (my spelling for these names a bit cacat a bit.)

by the way, do you know that there is one Malaysian mechanic working for a pro team Gerolsteiner. I wonder who he is, and I am not sure whether it is true. anyone can confirm this and who this person is?

since this is a road bike forum, would like to know if anyone here support any of the Pro Team. I am quite new in this sport so dont know much about Pro Team but I support Gerolsteiner coz it is one of the cleanest team (in terms of drug), 2nd - got M'sian mechanic (not sure true or not, read it in magazine - Cycling Sport), 3rd - strong affliation with Shimano, hopefully they will use the new digital groupset next year. but my fave jersey is Team Astana...

+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Dec 11 2007, 02:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(miniacs @ Dec 10 2007, 04:08 PM)

Prince of Andalus, i think your destination could be from Petra Jaya to Damai Beach kot, the first half is the easy part but once you are closer to Damai Beach resort, there is where the fun begins...hilly dude..i thought Kuching people are more inclined to mtb. correct me if i am wrong.

but the mtb scene in malaysia, to me personally are getting ever more popular than road. some more the mtb bikes look more canggih if it is dirtier..road bike you got to keep it clean.

famous mtb riders that switch to road bike are like micheal rasmussen, evan cadels, flandis lyod (my spelling for these names a bit cacat a bit.)

by the way, do you know that there is one Malaysian mechanic working for a pro team Gerolsteiner. I wonder who he is, and I am not sure whether it is true. anyone can confirm this and who this person is?

since this is a road bike forum, would like to know if anyone here support any of the Pro Team. I am quite new in this sport so dont know much about Pro Team but I support Gerolsteiner coz it is one of the cleanest team (in terms of drug), 2nd - got M'sian mechanic (not sure true or not, read it in magazine - Cycling Sport), 3rd - strong affliation with Shimano, hopefully they will use the new digital groupset next year. but my fave jersey is Team Astana...
i also thought like that... becoz my father said there is one shop specialized to mtb....
that means the mtb market in kuching is big...
since u are from KL, whre usually u cycle in Klang Valley especially around Shah Alam?? my father's fren said, we cannt cycle in PLUS highway...
team i know only credit agricole, discovery channel... all these still exist?? i know only through LTDL...
that pict is my father's latest road bike.... all carbon except 2 things(handle and another part i dont know the name but small item)..
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 11 2007, 02:49 PM

Casual

can cycle at kesas highway motorbike lane, putrajaya, but i usually do the hilly area like hartamas, damansara and kenny hills. the teams that you mentioned still exist, except the staff and rider of discovery team are now in Team Astana. Team Astana looks strong with the lineup.

the small item that you trying to describe could be a stem. anyway, where is the picture?
+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Dec 11 2007, 03:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(miniacs @ Dec 11 2007, 02:49 PM)
can cycle at kesas highway motorbike lane, putrajaya, but i usually do the hilly area like hartamas, damansara and kenny hills. the teams that you mentioned still exist, except the staff and rider of discovery team are now in Team Astana. Team Astana looks strong with the lineup.

the small item that you trying to describe could be a stem. anyway, where is the picture?
sori, i thought have uploaded using lyn attachment.. but cant becoz too big size i think..
i'm uploading using photobucket but have to wait a little bit becoz that picts are 4mb size...
u usually ride with who??

Added on December 11, 2007, 4:00 pmmy father's...

user posted image

user posted image

mine will be coming soon... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Prince of Andalus: Dec 11 2007, 04:00 PM
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 12 2007, 01:12 AM

Casual

nice bike your father got. shimano ultegra and shimano wheelset. nice... anyone else want to post a pic of their bikes?
+Quote Post
hbh60
post Dec 12 2007, 01:28 AM

Casual

The Malaysian Gerolsteiner Mechanics is an Indian guy named Rajen . He's in KL now , since the team is in off season .
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 12 2007, 09:37 AM

Casual

thanks mate. that is cool, i wonder how he got the job, but i assume that he will still be with the team for next season. Next season is the last season that Gerolsteiner will be sponsoring the team.

It will be good if Rajen could share his experience working with a pro team. It could be an interesting story, i have a fren who was working for Petronas F1 team for 5 years, travelling the globe. Damn, I wish I could do that instead of a comfortable desk job. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Dec 12 2007, 05:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(miniacs @ Dec 12 2007, 09:37 AM)
thanks mate. that is cool, i wonder how he got the job, but i assume that he will still be with the team for next season. Next season is the last season that Gerolsteiner will be sponsoring the team.

It will be good if Rajen could share his experience working with a pro team. It could be an interesting story, i have a fren who was working for Petronas F1 team for 5 years, travelling the globe. Damn, I wish I could do that instead of a comfortable desk job. smile.gif
agak2nya how fast can he change the tyre tube?? brows.gif

my height is 160cm, how long should my bicycle top tube length be?? 17" or 16"??
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 12 2007, 05:39 PM

Casual

good question, i also dont know. if Rajen here, probably he can answer... my technical aspect for the bike if next to zero, a newbie myself.
+Quote Post
hbh60
post Dec 13 2007, 01:57 PM

Casual

FYI , they are using tubular tires , not clincher (with tubes) . THey need to glue the tire to the rims.
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Dec 14 2007, 11:15 AM

Casual

Guys, Do you now where can i find a front seatpost, to convert a road bike into a tri bike.tqvm
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 14 2007, 02:04 PM

Casual

what do you mean by a front seatpost, you are talking about aerobar is it?
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Dec 14 2007, 04:16 PM

Casual

it is something like this.

http://www.profile-design.com/products/sea...s/fast-forward/

Its for converting a road bike becoming a tri bike, by changing the seat tube angle for a road bike which is 72-degree angle to 76-78 degrees.

http://www.trinewbies.com/tnoimages/2CycleBikeArt.htm
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Dec 20 2007, 10:07 AM

On my way

where do u guys ride normally?
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Dec 21 2007, 10:18 AM

Casual

usually in a small group of 3 to 4 riders, i usually ride around kenny hills, lake garden, damansara heights and taman tun. the course is quite hilly.
+Quote Post
gsdfan
post Dec 23 2007, 03:03 AM

Casual

hi, any commuters around? I've just started to be a commuter. from MMU to Mahkota or Sentral. To me I cycle as a form of transport also started to like it.
+Quote Post
smokey
post Dec 23 2007, 11:09 AM

Infinity speed

QUOTE(gsdfan @ Dec 23 2007, 03:03 AM)
hi, any commuters around? I've just started to be a commuter. from MMU to Mahkota or Sentral. To me I cycle as a form of transport also started to like it.
to commute, u have to really lock ur bicycle properly...
i cannot trust malaysians eventhough i have lock my bicycle in public places...when u r away, i will always think about my bicycle...
my bicycle was stolen twice (2nd time steal from inside my hse but i managed to chase it back)

This post has been edited by smokey: Dec 23 2007, 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
gsdfan
post Dec 24 2007, 02:18 AM

Casual

QUOTE(smokey @ Dec 23 2007, 11:09 AM)
i cannot trust malaysians eventhough i have lock my bicycle in public places...when u r away, i will always think about my bicycle...
my bicycle was stolen twice (2nd time steal from inside my hse but i managed to chase it back)
I prefer to lock my bike ontoo a pole or sumthing attached to the groud.rarely lock the wheel and frame. becasue people could just carry it away.
+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Dec 24 2007, 05:40 PM

Casual

can i cycling on MRR2?
i want to upload more bike & accessories pics, but photobucket got prob.... i cant upload the pics...

come on guys... show off ur bikes!!!
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Dec 24 2007, 09:05 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Prince of Andalus @ Dec 24 2007, 05:40 PM)
can i cycling on MRR2?
i want to upload more bike & accessories pics, but photobucket got prob.... i cant upload the pics...

Can, but be careful la. dangerous
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Dec 26 2007, 10:45 PM

On my way

Anyone cycled on the new putrajaya highway????seems like a new place to ride....
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Dec 27 2007, 02:48 PM

Casual

I did before it was open to public. Trained there with some fast and insane tri guy, i was at the back, waayyyyy back

Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by ironrashid_2k2: Dec 27 2007, 02:54 PM
+Quote Post
tenno
post Dec 27 2007, 05:00 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(Prince of Andalus @ Dec 24 2007, 05:40 PM)
can i cycling on MRR2?

Back in 2000, MRR2 was my primary training route. & so does most of the BJSS guys & national team guys. Back then it wasn't too bz & crowded. I also used it to go back home from UKM (to Serendah).

I used forward seatposts, the only who did actually, for all TTs & I felt really fast using it. I used BMX seatpost. But I think there's a rule nowadays that Ur saddle tip cannot go past Ur bottom bracket. Dunno whether that rule doesn't apply to triathlon.

Added on December 27, 2007, 5:02 pm
QUOTE(miniacs @ Dec 12 2007, 09:37 AM)

If he's the Rajen I knew, he's brother of M.Kumaresan. Not really a racer like Kumaresan. Beat him once during a race in JB (the only time I raced him).

This post has been edited by tenno: Dec 27 2007, 05:02 PM
+Quote Post
coltrine
post Dec 31 2007, 03:53 PM

Hi Ironrashid,

I just got a new bike, not in hand but booked the bike. Actually it depends what kind of terrain u want to go for. For me, i'm more into uphill and downhill. Where u can go down fast like a crazy snowball.

Once u know what kind of terrain u want to go for, then you will come to a part where u chose the bike which suits ur terrain.

For my downhill, i got a full suspension bike cost me 3.6k. biggrin.gif (I didn't let my mom know cause she'll boil me in the soup tongue.gif )

Check out the link here, my bike is the Haro Shift R3, black colour.

http://content.mtbr.com/TRP_14_313_9crx.aspx

I really take whole week to think which bike to get. Finally i came to a conclusion smile.gif

Added on December 31, 2007, 3:56 pm
QUOTE(smokey @ Dec 23 2007, 12:09 PM)
Bro, next time just hook a eletric voltage to ur bike which enough to make them faint tongue.gif

I might sound very cruel, but i know how it feels to lost expensive things and no one can repay u back ur lost nor pitty u.

This post has been edited by coltrine: Dec 31 2007, 03:56 PM
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Dec 31 2007, 05:42 PM

On my way

QUOTE(ironrashid_2k2 @ Dec 27 2007, 02:48 PM)
I did before it was open to public. Trained there with some fast and insane tri guy, i was at the back, waayyyyy  back

Attached Image Attached Image
hahaha where u park ur car??? btw, the 2 pics are black ler cant see anything
+Quote Post
Terio
post Jan 3 2008, 04:58 PM

uh.. can't believe my bike just lost so easily. I locked it on a pole beside tesco melaka. damn thieves.

Where do you guys think is the best place to park bicycles especially in towns?
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Jan 3 2008, 05:26 PM

Casual

there is no safe spot dude, just got to carry it like orang gila, that's why you need to buy carbon frame since it is lighter like our TS ironrashid. smile.gif
also not to forget light rims.
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Jan 4 2008, 09:42 AM

Casual

Miniac, my frame still aluminum, carbon only fork, huhu.

Added on January 4, 2008, 9:52 am
QUOTE(Terio @ Jan 3 2008, 04:58 PM)
uh.. can't believe my bike just lost so easily. I locked it on a pole beside tesco melaka. damn thieves.

Where do you guys think is the best place to park bicycles especially in towns?
Huiyo, nobody is crazy enough to park the bike outside tesco, if the cannot steal your bike, at least they can run away with your rims.

This post has been edited by ironrashid_2k2: Jan 4 2008, 09:52 AM
+Quote Post
tenno
post Jan 4 2008, 10:03 PM

Livestrong

When I've got a bicycle worth RM5K - 10K, I dun go around riding that bike to school or to supermarkets. Becoz there's no safe way to lock it, with whatever lock, to whatever pole.
+Quote Post
abe
post Jan 24 2008, 09:03 PM

hye guys...another newbie here..
im interested in road cycling as well...thinking of geting 2nd bike soon...
im from setapak...so thinking of mrr2 for start...anyone from setapak or gombak area?
+Quote Post
BeckhamSoccerTips
post Jan 25 2008, 12:14 AM

Getting Started

better cycle off road...safer I think...very dangerous nowadays on the road with many F1 drivers around.
+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Jan 26 2008, 03:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(abe @ Jan 24 2008, 09:03 PM)
im from setapak...so thinking of mrr2 for start...anyone from setapak or gombak area?
mrr2 is so dangerous la...

QUOTE(BeckhamSoccerTips @ Jan 25 2008, 12:14 AM)
better cycle off road...safer I think...very dangerous nowadays on the road with many F1 drivers around.
where to cycle off road???

+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Jan 27 2008, 09:18 AM

Casual

QUOTE(abe @ Jan 24 2008, 09:03 PM)
There's a few group where you can join them cycling,

w2r (http://www.way2ride.com/)
pcc (http://pcc-cycling.freeservers.com/)
jomkayuh (www.jomkayuh.com/)

Check this site for weekends ride

http://malaysiatri.blogspot.com/

Or this is the schedule for the night ride

Cycling

Tuesday @ 8.30pm - 25km PCC Ride
Route: From TTDI to Bukit D'sara and back
Suitable for: All
Meet at 8.15pm
Where: outside KSH bikes, Jln Tun Mohd Fuad
or Adrian 012 975 7701

Thursday @ 7.30pm - 50km P'jaya Express
Route: Puchong - Putrajaya - Puchong
Suitable for: The fast & furious - a fast ride!
Meet at 7.15pm
Where: open car-park opposite IOI Mall

Friday @ 8.30pm - 30km KESAS Xpress
Route: Subang Jaya - B. Jalil & back via KESAS
Meet at 8.15pm
Where: Domino's Pizza next to SJMC, Subang Jaya
or James 012 222 1200

+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Jan 29 2008, 01:57 AM

On my way

Anyone interested in 2006 Merida 903 frame?
i'm selling it coz not suitable for my height. Link at my signature thanks...

abe, u can try cycle to genting sempah.
+Quote Post
Fields
post Feb 7 2008, 10:54 AM

On my way

Hi guys, another newb here, actualy even newer than a newb to road cycling, been thinking bout it and want to get a bike. Anyone know which shop is newb friendly? Cause I need to learn stuff bout the bike before buying one.
+Quote Post
skyliner
post Feb 7 2008, 01:20 PM

aku orang

QUOTE(tenno @ Jan 4 2008, 10:03 PM)
When I've got a bicycle worth RM5K - 10K, I dun go around riding that bike to school or to supermarkets. Becoz there's no safe way to lock it, with whatever lock, to whatever pole.
freaky, same goes to mine. lost in action cry.gif
+Quote Post
zendengoh
post Feb 15 2008, 06:40 PM

Getting Started

mtb also can joined? i just afraid cant follow up their speed.

This post has been edited by zendengoh: Feb 15 2008, 06:41 PM
+Quote Post
asciii
post Feb 18 2008, 12:56 PM

Why So Serious?

where is the best place to do road cycling?
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post May 6 2008, 01:38 PM

On my way

putrajaya, damansara, genting sempah......Just join the cycling groups...it'll be more safer, fun
+Quote Post
FatThree
post May 16 2008, 11:35 AM

Elo. o/

Avid fan of road cycling.

I don't really know nuts about the gears and bicycles though, but I am quite interested in learning more about them.

I was sort of wondering, are there any competitions for road cycling in Malaysia?

And if there is, any ideas on how to prepare and train for them? Cause I really want to try my hand at competitive racing.

Cheers and thanks
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post May 28 2008, 09:25 PM

On my way

There are...but i dont know much of them.....All I know annualy theres a race in penang if i'm not mistaken. Then theres the annual King oF Mountain Genting Sempah organized by Way2Ride. Then the coming Ipoh Century Ride does offer trophy n medals.....Earlier this year,during F1, Sepang open its circuit for a roadcycling race.
+Quote Post
Fusion
post May 31 2008, 09:36 AM

.:ATI:.

waa....got so many road bikers?....

ts, there is this shop in cheras call Tat Seng.....u can try to look for calvin ...the owner is a nice guy ...he is not those pro cyclist but he and his workers all cycle every week in Kesas highway with some other cyclist ...very nice ppl.....their bikes there r quite decently priced too ....i saw a couple of Pinarello Prince bike there previously ....if u tell him you budget he will recommend u some nice bike and if u dont mind second hand parts, he will source them for u too .....

* anyone going for PCC interstate this year ?
+Quote Post
abe
post Jun 6 2008, 03:59 PM

anyone selling cheap road bike?
+Quote Post
N's
post Jun 6 2008, 04:04 PM

Regular

user posted image
+Quote Post
Prince of Andalus
post Jun 8 2008, 10:41 AM

Casual

QUOTE(N's @ Jun 6 2008, 04:04 PM)
user posted image
where did it happened????
sure cedera parah ni.... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
smokey
post Jun 8 2008, 11:21 AM

Infinity speed

it looks so photoshoped...
+Quote Post
jOlv
post Jun 8 2008, 02:00 PM

gosh, that could easily happen if the driver is that mad.
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Jun 12 2008, 02:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Fusion @ May 31 2008, 09:36 AM)
waa....got so many road bikers?....

ts, there is this shop in cheras call Tat Seng.....u can try to look for calvin ...the owner is a nice guy ...he is not those pro cyclist but he and his workers all cycle every week in Kesas highway with some other cyclist ...very nice ppl.....their bikes there r quite decently priced too ....i saw a couple of Pinarello Prince bike there previously ....if u tell him you budget he will recommend u some nice bike and if u dont mind second hand parts, he will source them for u too .....

* anyone going for PCC interstate this year ?
Wanna go for pcc interstate, but its full edy, so i just go for the century ride only

Added on June 12, 2008, 4:24 pm
QUOTE(Prince of Andalus @ Jun 8 2008, 10:41 AM)
where did it happened????
sure cedera parah ni....  laugh.gif
No, this is a picture from one of the race in spain, i cant remember what race, but it really does happened, the driver drunk, two cyclist actually died

This post has been edited by ironrashid_2k2: Jun 12 2008, 04:24 PM
+Quote Post
N's
post Jun 12 2008, 07:27 PM

Regular

QUOTE(ironrashid_2k2 @ Jun 12 2008, 02:28 PM)
No, this is a picture from one of the race in spain, i cant remember what race, but it really does happened, the driver drunk, two cyclist actually died
Tomato sauce

Chilli Sauce

Source of the sauce..

This post has been edited by N's: Jun 12 2008, 07:43 PM
+Quote Post
ironrashid_2k2
post Jun 13 2008, 04:50 PM

Casual

Freaky huh
+Quote Post
Yaozz
post Jul 15 2008, 07:44 PM

On my way

Anyone cycle fixie? I cycle a road bike conversion to fixed-gear. Anyone know where i can buy track frame cheap cheap?
+Quote Post
lkoky
post Jul 31 2008, 09:50 PM

Getting Started

Hi,

Just discovered this thread.

I did a lot of road cycling while studied in UK. Just back in KL and looking to start cycling again.

Any good (quiet) route around Kepong/PJ?

also need to get a bike ... (sold off my Specialized Tri-Cross in UK....)

thanks
+Quote Post
Fields
post Aug 6 2008, 12:17 PM

On my way

QUOTE(lkoky @ Jul 31 2008, 09:50 PM)
Hi,

Just discovered this thread.

I did a lot of road cycling while studied in UK. Just back in KL and looking to start cycling again.

Any good (quiet) route around Kepong/PJ?

also need to get a bike ... (sold off my Specialized Tri-Cross in UK....)

thanks
hi, there's a cycling group http://pcc-cycling.freeservers.com/ mainly based at pj area i think. You could also try www.bicyclebuysell.com for bikes.

I'm still trying to find group rides in subang area....
+Quote Post
nevenchailj
post Sep 21 2008, 08:44 PM

Casual

Hie. I just discovered this thread too. I'm new to roadbikes. Just traded my MTB for a low range roadbike the other day. Gonna cycle a while before I get a better one. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
vanlohan
post Jan 13 2009, 01:50 AM

Hey,

I have a random question here.
I'm thinking of getting a simple cheap bicycle to ride to my Uni nearby.
Carrefour bicycles are really cheap. O.o
Should I get one there? Or it will most prob die after few months?

+Quote Post
drew1.0beta
post Jan 17 2009, 10:07 PM

Getting Started

wanted to start this topic..but found it! hehe
hmm..i think i'm into biking..
recently kept checking out stuff and infos bout road bikes...

the thing is..my budget is well below 1k..its impossible to get a road bike under that price range rite?
i prefer long distance ride..mayb 15km to 20km or something...can a mountain bike do the job? and is mountain bike cheaper than road bike?(i'm talking bout entry level bikes here) hehe...

thanks..
+Quote Post
latias93
post Jan 18 2009, 11:38 PM

Cogito Ergo Sum

QUOTE(faiz92 @ Mar 24 2007, 11:40 PM)
Ye ke.. from One Utama I have been cycling in groups of 15 or so towards Shah Alam (using NKVE) or go to KL using the Penchala Link SPRINT tunnel.. takda pun peronda datang.. haha

Added on January 18, 2009, 11:42 pm
QUOTE(drew1.0beta @ Jan 17 2009, 10:07 PM)

the thing is..my budget is well below 1k..its impossible to get a road bike under that price range rite?
i prefer long distance ride..mayb 15km to 20km or something...can a mountain bike do the job? and is mountain bike cheaper than road bike?(i'm talking bout entry level bikes here) hehe...

thanks..
If your budget is well below 1k.. you'll be lucky if you can get a second-hand bike at that price range haha. Entry level bikes are at least RM1500 for a decent set up, unless you want to stick with a Lerun bike.. You cannot say which bike is cheaper because the price costs vary on the parts used. Yes a mountain bike can do the job but if you're only going to be on tar roads then I suggest you change the tyres to slick/semi-slick road tyres for better efficiency.. and oh yeah not to forget helmet prices and other knick knacks.

This post has been edited by latias93: Jan 18 2009, 11:42 PM
+Quote Post
sniper on the roof
post Jan 19 2009, 11:13 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Group: VIP

thanks..
I'm ride ~30Km every day on a mountain bike excluding to work and back (that's another 9km on a folding bike).

Basically, they'll all do the job as long as the bike fits you right, you feel comfortable with it and you set it up right for the job.

A roadbike gives a better sensation of speed... a mountain bike more stable/comfortable.
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Jan 29 2009, 05:11 PM

Casual

Glad this forum is still active..I last wrote in it, more than a year ago...

our friend ironrashid, is way too busy to log in now I guess, since he is training for ironman.. You are a freak dude...

Anyway, anyone want to start posting their lovely bike here...

+Quote Post
mousepad87
post Jan 29 2009, 05:28 PM

QUOTE(vanlohan @ Jan 13 2009, 01:50 AM)
Hey,

I have a random question here.
I'm thinking of getting a simple cheap bicycle to ride to my Uni nearby.
Carrefour bicycles are really cheap. O.o
Should I get one there? Or it will most prob die after few months?
random answers here tongue.gif
two big different between cheap and expensive one is the weight and the quality of d bicycle. the cheap one basically heavy and low quality.
If u ride to go to ur U only. I think it ok to buy from Care4, but it depends how offten u ride,do u have to climb hill? . If u ride everyday I think better get a good bicyle tongue.gif ..
dont forget safety gear ya my dear tongue.gif

thanks..
base on my survey road bike is cheaper.. try check it out at bicyclebuysell.com
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Jan 29 2009, 11:29 PM

Casual

Well, I believe that road bike is so much more expensive, a high end frame can cost you between RM15k to RM25k, that is only the frame, and not including the rims which can set you back RM8k+ for a high end rim such Campy Bora Ultra, or Lightweight rim which can cost more than RM10k easily.

And believe me that they are many Malaysian who owns high end bikes for their weekly rides.

+Quote Post
mousepad87
post Jan 30 2009, 08:35 AM

try check this out.
http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/view_sell.php?id=38205
http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/view_sell.php?id=36761
http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/view_sell.php?id=41035

or this one
http://www.mudah.my/old-racing-bike-kuala-...4324.htm?ca=8_s
only rm230!!

well if u looking brand new bike. I suggest u got with proton brand( for entry level lar..)
+Quote Post
miniacs
post Jan 30 2009, 06:47 PM

Casual

For me entry level, should be looking at the gear component, not really the brand or frame. yes, proton is reasonably cheap but it is wise to start with Shimano 105 gruppo with whatever brand/frame, but must be road bike frame lar.

the road bike that is selling on bicyclebuysell cheaply are usually very old model with lousy gear component.
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Feb 9 2009, 06:56 PM

On my way

yo,
anybody knows where to watch tour delangkawi?
+Quote Post
tenno
post Feb 10 2009, 12:38 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(miniacs @ Jan 30 2009, 06:47 PM)
For me entry level, should be looking at the gear component, not really the brand or frame. yes, proton is reasonably cheap but it is wise to start with Shimano 105 gruppo with whatever brand/frame, but must be road bike frame lar.

the road bike that is selling on bicyclebuysell cheaply are usually very old model with lousy gear component.
Start with 105 ? That's more than enuff la. I raced for 4-5 years with a 105 front, rear derailleur, RX100 STI. When I started, my first race, the rear derailleur was SunTour, with Shimano 105 indexed downtube shifter !! My bike had a 28 inch rear wheel & 27 inch front wheel the first time I rode for Selangor... everybody was laughing at me, they didn't even want to help me lift the bike up to the roof rack.. too heavy, they said. But when the 15K TT results came out, everybody was quiet... hahah.. I had the last laugh...

There's even one ProTour team this year, they rode the Tour de France last year using Shimano Ultegra gruppo.

It's all in the legs man... But if U have the money, then go buy anything U want la. Just make sure Ur riding is up to par la.

This post has been edited by tenno: Feb 10 2009, 12:39 PM
+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Feb 11 2009, 10:02 PM

On my way

this sunday's tour de langkawi KL criterium. What time does it start?? where to have the best spot in the city to watch??? planning to go there. anyone going?
+Quote Post
spetnaz
post Feb 13 2009, 04:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jonjon87 @ Feb 11 2009, 10:02 PM)
this sunday's tour de langkawi KL criterium. What time does it start?? where to have the best spot in the city to watch??? planning to go there. anyone going?
See here for race route and schedule http://www.ltdl.com.my/2009/race_heading/doc/Stage7.pdf
+Quote Post
vigneshraja
post Mar 29 2009, 02:16 AM

QUOTE(spetnaz @ Feb 13 2009, 04:00 PM)
See here for race route and schedule http://www.ltdl.com.my/2009/race_heading/doc/Stage7.pdf
hi guys,
i happen to chck this forum. I was wondering if there is a club here which does cycling over weekends somewhr in KL??

Also am wanting to know how safe it is to ride a bicycle in KL city ?

And finally any contacts for dealers to purchase a good bicycle if there is an active cycling community in KL.....

Looking forward to hear from you'll !!

Cheers,
Vignesh Raja
vignesh.raja@gmail.com
+Quote Post
Manufacture
post Apr 5 2009, 11:57 AM

Just wanted to know are you interested in getting second hand jerseys for biking. Have some.. Wana let go on behalf of my daddy. Link is located at my siggy.
unsure.gif can i actually do this? Please let me know if its not allowed to post links here. im not sure of it. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
seriosekitt3h
post Apr 9 2009, 09:16 PM

Casual

im a newbie and i just bought a road bike from a friend.. actually i traded it with my scooter which i dont need really since i have a car

now i just need a place to look for a jersey and shoe.. is there an online shop in malaysia where i can browse the item?
+Quote Post
tobezai
post Apr 17 2009, 03:53 PM

QUOTE(seriosekitt3h @ Apr 9 2009, 09:16 PM)
im a newbie and i just bought a road bike from a friend.. actually i traded it with my scooter which i dont need really since i have a car

now i just need a place to look for a jersey and shoe.. is there an online shop in malaysia where i can browse the item?
herm - I thought you are leaving Malaysia ?
+Quote Post
lkm51
post May 6 2009, 03:32 PM

Do It!

Hey guys!!

How are you all doing ?? This is KM. I'm a representative of Cycling Asia - Your Premier Cycling Magazine in Malaysia.

We're privileged to have all of you as part of our community, as we're about to make a very exciting announcement. We're about to publish a premium magazine and would love to share this passion of ours with you. Our objective is to reach out to all of you, cyclists and non-cyclists alike, and build a close-knit community.

Please do come and join us! Please drop by at our Facebook group at

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74785054213

We would like to hear from you guys on what are your expectation and request for the magazine and we'll try our best to accommodate too all your replies.

KM Lim
+Quote Post
CyclingAsia
post May 15 2009, 05:16 PM

Hi members!

We're from Cycling Asia - Your Premier Cycling Magazine!

Join us on our fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cycling-Asia...sia/79168560932

because we have great prizes to give out! Just partake in our contests and win 'em! Psst...Only fans are allowed to take part in the contests and win prizes! wink.gif

From,
Cycling Asia team

Added on June 19, 2009, 10:43 amHello People!!

How are you today ? All of us here hope that you are having a great day ahead!

The Cycling Asia team together with KRI Cycling would like to invite you to participate in this year's Ipoh Century Ride. The event will be held on 19th July 2009.

The starting point will be at Bukit Kinding Resort, Tanjong Rambutan, Perak. The 160km route will cover Chemor, Sungei Siput, Sayong, scenic and idyllic Manong and the royal town, Kuala Kangsar.

The route map is available at:

http://www.kricycling.com/v1/images/storie...9_fa-01_map.jpg

There will be 4 categories mainly; Men Open (16 years and above), Men Veteran (40-49 years), Men Senior Veteran (50 years and above), Women Open (18 years and above).

Registration cost will be RM90. Application form and more info are available at the official site :

http://www.kricycling.com/v1/index.php?opt...d=87&Itemid=102

We hope you can extend this invite to all your family and friends to join this annual event.

Have a nice day!

Thank You

Kuan Ming, Lim
Corporate Branding
Cycling Asia

This post has been edited by CyclingAsia: Jun 19 2009, 10:43 AM
+Quote Post
The7thSaint
post Nov 17 2009, 12:37 PM

Getting Started

we should paint this topic !
+Quote Post
sniper on the roof
post Nov 17 2009, 01:40 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Group: VIP

Not too many active roadies huh
+Quote Post
twins
post Nov 18 2009, 10:26 AM

Entry Form
http://www.kotrt.com.my/pdf_files/MALAKOFF..._entry_form.pdf

It’s the last ride of the year and also the opening ride of the new year 2010!

It’s called Malakoff Interstate Fellowship Ride, and the route takes the cyclists through shady kampong areas, water reservoir, scenic paddy fields, post-tsunami areas, with bird’s eyes view of the sea and sandy beaches and also century-old tropical trees.

Day 1, 31 December 2009, starts at Autocity, Juru, Penang, taking the cyclists to Kulim, Selama (Kedah), Selama (Perak), Bukit Merah, then back to Juru. Although the distance of 149km looks daunting, but the route is mainly flat with 2 climbs that only lasts a few hundred meters. With 2 feeding stops and 1 water stop (as per the MD/CEO, En Ahmad Jauhari Yahya’s suggestion), it is definitely a doable ride for cyclists of all levels.

Day 2, 1 January 2010, starts at Autocity, then takes the cyclists onto Penang Bridge, which is the highlight of the event as on normal days the bridge will not allow bicycles crossing the bridge, to Queensbay, Relau, Jalan Tun Saadon, down to Balik Pulau, then up to Teluk Bahang, passing the spanking new Hard Rock Hotel, then to Penang Youth Park (near Botanical Garden area). The distance is shorter, 70km but there are a lot of steep climbs, especially at Jalan Tun Saadon and up to Teluk Bahang. Downhill is also technical with a lot of sharp junctions, certainly not for the faint-hearted! One feeding stop and one water stop have been proposed for this short route.

Marshals from PDRM and some experienced marshals who normally handle Le Tour de Langkawi will be manning the roads, to make it safe for the cyclists.

Goodies are also abundance, with one Powerbar for each cyclist, breakfast from Nestle, new energy drink sachets and water bottle from Suntonic, and a cool participant T-shirt, for a registration fee of RM30 which goes directly to charity.

Registrations close on 1st December or at reaching 700 participants, whichever comes first. To register for the ride, fill in the attached form and forward it to me with a payment of RM30.

Don’t wait until it’s too late.. let’s make it this year’s most talked about ride!
+Quote Post
Pinarello
post Nov 20 2009, 09:22 PM

Getting Started

walao Cycling Asia pun kat sini......nice. Lol.

I cant help but read the first few posts from TS and others. Cycling from KL to Ipoh for newbie.....unless u have a suport car all the way for about 300+km.......and with at least 2 days to cover.......u wont make it alone. Haha. Unless u want to train cycling around the world.

Im a cyclist with about 9 years experience, 5 of which are dedicated road cycling. And from my honest humble opinion........start small. If you can do 20km in 1hr thats a good start already. Even i need 2hrs to do 60km. Imagine to Ipoh from KL. 300km......thats 10 hours.......if non stop, which human cannot do lor~

Those who know crazy cyclist/runner Yip......he is one exception la. Haha

Btw for bikes, my 2 cents, u can get a really good 2005 second hand model bike and its sufficient for you with a 2k budget. Dont need follow the trend. Its not about the bike, its about you. =) Those $$$ ppl spend near to 40k on their bikes.....
+Quote Post
wyyew
post Dec 22 2009, 04:24 PM

Getting Started

hi all, newbie here . is there anyone around cycle around subang area?? I m interested to get a 2nd hand bike . I found out tat seng have a shop in kota kemuning which is near.I may go to visit . any places to intro ? I found the bikebuynsell those complete bike is selling range Rm2k above. which is out of my budget.

please advise.

+Quote Post
ilyas_jamal
post Jan 8 2010, 09:07 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wyyew @ Dec 22 2009, 05:24 PM)
hi all, newbie here . is there anyone around cycle around subang area?? I m interested to get a 2nd hand bike . I found out tat seng have a shop in kota kemuning which is near.I may go to visit . any places to intro ? I found the bikebuynsell those complete bike is selling range Rm2k above. which is out of my budget.

please advise.
hi there

i am a newbie too.. i have made some survays on road bikes on BBS (the forum) and local shops for new entry the most cheapest is rm1.6k (for decent setup) a brand new road bike (based on my survays).. anyways it depens on the setup that ur are gettin which relates close to the price.. anyways i am located in Subang as well who knows that we can kayuh some time soon.. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

well i am planning to get my bike by end of this month due to lari budget sikit this month..

+Quote Post
jonjon87
post Jan 11 2010, 05:39 PM

On my way

haha this thread still alive....half-alive. I've stopped cycling for a year +. Some personal issues came up which made me stopped sports (ok fine, excuses). Should be restarting soon hehe. Btw, forummer Pinarello is my fren, if u stay around gombak,setapak, wangsamaju area,contact him. He's willing to help newbies, if he got time la haha. SEe pinarello i promoting u
+Quote Post
wyyew
post Jan 15 2010, 05:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ilyas_jamal @ Jan 8 2010, 09:07 AM)
hi there

i am a newbie too.. i have made some survays on road bikes on BBS (the forum) and local shops for new entry the most cheapest is rm1.6k (for decent setup) a brand new road bike (based on my survays).. anyways it depens on the setup that ur are gettin which relates close to the price.. anyways i am located in Subang as well who knows that we can kayuh some time soon..  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

well i am planning to get my bike by end of this month due to lari budget sikit this month..
ahhaha bro , wat brand of u getting. i went usjcycle , they have ksh and swinne. But I dont like this 2 brand. I m also surveying. I found another one in kota kemuning tat sheng. feel free to share. As I know , I saw some of cyclist at kesas highway.
+Quote Post
skyline5000
post Jan 27 2010, 11:45 PM

just share with you guys. usjcycle I went there too, those racing bikes are relatively much cheaper than other brands if you dont mind the age of the bike. Frankly, they more popular selling MTB HT bikes...
+Quote Post
zdepth
post Jan 30 2010, 11:15 PM

Getting Started

any nice online forum/marketplace where we can buy used bikes?
+Quote Post
babyrabies
post Jan 30 2010, 11:29 PM

Getting Started

ok im gonna act like an immature prick this time.
ROADIES SUCK DONKEY BALLS!
one more...
ROADIES FOR PUSZSIES
there... thanks for reading. ciao!

This post has been edited by babyrabies: Jan 30 2010, 11:30 PM
+Quote Post
ncbf
post Feb 3 2010, 09:27 PM

O������ŧє�м

QUOTE(zdepth @ Jan 30 2010, 11:15 PM)
any nice online forum/marketplace where we can buy used bikes?
bicyclebuysell.com

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Feb 4 2010, 05:04 PM

On my way

Maybe as beginners you can try and look at Merida range of roadbikes, 901 or 903 should be above RM2K but good buys. But don't listen to me go to the shops and test ride for yourself. To buy a roadbike it must be comfortable ride otherwise you will suffer if the geometry is wrong and not suited to you. Colors and branding are nice, get a bike you feel good with is more value, it will become one with you on the road.
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 9 2010, 05:24 PM

Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Noticed a seller wanna let go his road bike at RM1900.
Model: Colnago
Weight: 10kg + (According to the seller)
Gear shift paddle: Bike body attached (I thought newer version are attach to brake paddle)

Picture is as attached:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Worth getting it as entry level?

Please advice, thanks.
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 11 2010, 12:45 AM

Enthusiast

Made up my mind already.

Paid for a new bike instead.

Brand: Polygon
Model: Helios 100

Picture:
user posted image

Need more training now.
Hehe... rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
toto4d
post Apr 13 2010, 02:15 PM

On my way

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Apr 11 2010, 12:45 AM)
Made up my mind already.

Paid for a new bike instead.

Model: Helios 100

Picture:
Need more training now.
Hehe...  rclxms.gif
Wah, nice bike!
Btw, when is KRI Century Ride 2010?
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 13 2010, 03:09 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(toto4d @ Apr 13 2010, 02:15 PM)
Wah, nice bike!
Btw, when is KRI Century Ride 2010?
Thanks bro...

can enlighten me wat is KRI?

Anyway, you are a great runner man!!!
keep it up! anyway, i am going jogging after work later

This post has been edited by littlebeettle: Apr 13 2010, 03:10 PM
+Quote Post
Evans0
post Apr 13 2010, 05:22 PM

For beginner, Its best to buy a complete bike. You'll need to have a shorts, glove and helmet ... these are very important for protections.
+Quote Post
toto4d
post Apr 13 2010, 07:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Apr 13 2010, 03:09 PM)
Thanks bro...

can enlighten me wat is KRI?

Anyway, you are a great runner man!!!
keep it up! anyway, i am going jogging after work later
Hehe, I just a ordinary runner la, show show result for sake of song only....

KRI is Kelab RoadRunners Ipoh, but they have a subgroup KRI Cycling. Last year they have organised a century ride of 180km around Ipoh, which seems very nice... but that time i haven't pick-up cycling.. I heard that this year they will organize again, sometime in july, just think might join if time allowed.

+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 14 2010, 03:35 PM

Enthusiast

wow...interesting la..
whole group of cyclist gather around...feel like le tour de langkawi

it's a casual ride or a competition. it's only run in ipoh?
+Quote Post
toto4d
post Apr 14 2010, 11:15 PM

On my way

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Apr 14 2010, 03:35 PM)
wow...interesting la..
whole group of cyclist gather around...feel like le tour de langkawi

it's a casual ride or a competition. it's only run in ipoh?
casual ride, i think last year got 500++ riders!
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 15 2010, 09:39 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(toto4d @ Apr 14 2010, 11:15 PM)
casual ride, i think last year got 500++ riders!
Wow...that's interesting...
this year sometime in july rite.. drool.gif

orite will stay tune..
would appreciate if by then someone could able to update this thread..
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 15 2010, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast

Out of curiousity, i try my luck in youtube.
Found some video clips on Ipoh century ride 2009

Part 1

Century Ride 2009

Part 2 can be view within this link as well.

Have to do more training!!! flex.gif
+Quote Post
abe
post Apr 16 2010, 08:04 PM

hi guys, noob here..., im from setapak,kl...nornally just ride duke,guthrie,mrr2 n putrajaya...most of the time cycling alone...pm me if there's any roadbike cycling activity yah,,tq
+Quote Post
tpl
post Apr 27 2010, 10:37 AM

littlebeetle how much u bought u bike?
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Apr 27 2010, 07:34 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(tpl @ Apr 27 2010, 10:37 AM)
littlebeetle how much u bought u bike?
RM1500.

You want the shop contact

I can provide you, let me know.

Thx
+Quote Post
iamyie
post Dec 9 2010, 01:26 AM

hi there.
you can try bicycle shop at ss14 facing the ss14 housing area its just beside petrol pump station.. but dont go to le run shop facing ss15 as its more expensive.. alternatively you can buy 2nd hand in sunway cash converter.. or buyselltrade in ss15..
add me in msn iamyie@hotmail.com
i am cycling around subang area too for hobby and exercise beside jogging and swimming..
now no friend to cycle with me..

QUOTE(wyyew @ Dec 22 2009, 04:24 PM)

please advise.
+Quote Post
d3vilzzzz
post Dec 9 2010, 06:33 PM

[d3vilzzzz]

hi all

u ppl frm pj area and all -tues nite 8.30 @TTDI and on wed nite @8.30 at SouthQuay, Sunway whenever it does nt rain

This post has been edited by d3vilzzzz: Dec 9 2010, 06:33 PM
+Quote Post
babyrabies
post Dec 13 2010, 09:44 PM

Getting Started

hi guys, im a mtb junkie but im looking for roadies for leisure ride/train, preferably on weekdays cuz weekends is reserved for mtb.
Anyone frm Tmn Melawati do pm me!
+Quote Post
seejun87
post Dec 28 2010, 10:28 AM

Getting my 1st bike, gonna use the bike for normal road cycling and also touring purpose.

Aiming for this bike, is this bike ok?

Model: Heist 4.0 (Hybrid bike)

Please help!

(Close)
Finally get my bike!
Lets go ride!

This post has been edited by seejun87: Jan 1 2011, 09:03 AM
+Quote Post
spgspg
post Feb 17 2011, 10:42 AM

Hi Guys,

Dunno if hijacking this thread for my road bike sale is proper or not.. for those who r interested pls take a look at this thread http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...2019&hl=bianchi

thk u smile.gifsmile.gif
+Quote Post
vin_ann
post Mar 1 2011, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!

hi,

is anyone still active here???
+Quote Post
jonrwg
post Mar 5 2011, 08:43 AM

Regular

This thread is so dead. Hello?
+Quote Post
aori67
post Mar 6 2011, 11:56 AM

hi guys, i am new to road bike.
i bought a road bike yesterday and was riding it for like an hour.
man it was the harshest ride i have ever been. my ass now sores like hell !!
do you guys experience this too?
my previous bike which is chapalang mountain bike does not have this problem, but that was 10 years ago when i was young...maybe i am too old for this ... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jonrwg
post Mar 6 2011, 11:48 PM

Regular

QUOTE(aori67 @ Mar 6 2011, 11:56 AM)
my previous bike which is chapalang mountain bike does not have this problem, but that was 10 years ago when i was young...maybe i am too old for this ... biggrin.gif
Time to change your saddle? drool.gif
+Quote Post
aori67
post Mar 6 2011, 11:54 PM

QUOTE(jonrwg @ Mar 6 2011, 11:48 PM)
Time to change your saddle?  drool.gif
no way...its new !! sad.gif
i'll ride with it for a few weeks and see how it goes...
btw where do you ride?

+Quote Post
jonrwg
post Mar 7 2011, 12:06 AM

Regular

QUOTE(aori67 @ Mar 6 2011, 11:54 PM)
no way...its new !! sad.gif
i'll ride with it for a few weeks and see how it goes...
btw where do you ride?
Came with your bike? (the saddle)
Some saddle not suitable for ur butt, like me haha, so have to find the suitable one that fit ur butt. laugh.gif
Currently i'm not in msia. I ride in UK with Beacon CC club.
Hopefully i'm fit enough to join London to Paris Charity ride in the summer.

+Quote Post
popgum
post Mar 8 2011, 02:21 PM

QUOTE(aori67 @ Mar 6 2011, 11:56 AM)
Yes roadbike wasn't build for comfort compare to MTB. It was built for speed maa. Another thing MTB has wider tyre and its steel body has greater vibration absorbent than aluminium frame and narrow tyre on a roadie. After a few weeks, u'll get use to it laa
+Quote Post
vin_ann
post Mar 9 2011, 02:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!

some advise needed:

been looking around. Budget around for RM1.5k seems cant get many choices.

+Quote Post
aori67
post Mar 9 2011, 09:18 PM

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Mar 9 2011, 02:09 PM)
some advise needed:

yes, i've been in your shoe before. Its hard to get a new bike with this budget. You might want to look for 2nd hand bike with this website. Even 2nd hand ones will cost 2k++ upward.
+Quote Post
popgum
post Mar 10 2011, 12:38 PM

Merida 880
http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/view_sell.php?id=113568

+Quote Post
vin_ann
post Mar 15 2011, 05:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

where in KL can view Giant roadbikes?
+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 16 2011, 05:21 PM

On my way

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Mar 9 2011, 02:09 PM)
some advise needed:

Bro, you need to spend a bit more, say about 2.8k for a decent roadbike with Tiagra (9 speed). In this price range you can go for Merida 903, which is good for starters. Others include Trek and Giant. However if you are willing to go a bit higher go for roadbikes with Shimano 105 at least. Then no need worry about upgrading later, expensive I tell you.
+Quote Post
vin_ann
post Mar 21 2011, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 16 2011, 05:21 PM)
Bro, you need to spend a bit more, say about 2.8k for a decent roadbike with Tiagra (9 speed). In this price range you can go for Merida 903, which is good for starters. Others include Trek and Giant. However if you are willing to go a bit higher go for roadbikes with Shimano 105 at least. Then no need worry about upgrading later, expensive I tell you.
oh, thanks.

btw, where can view Trek & Giant?
+Quote Post
snowfire64
post Mar 21 2011, 01:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 16 2011, 05:21 PM)
Where can I get Merida 903 with Tiagra set for 2.8k?

I've been surveying some bikes and those with tiagra comes at least 3k now, if not tiagra they are sora.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Mar 21 2011, 04:38 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(snowfire64 @ Mar 21 2011, 01:55 PM)

I've been surveying some bikes and those with tiagra comes at least 3k now, if not tiagra they are sora.

Thanks.
Hi,

Try contacting Hee Hong Cycle.

They carry quite numbers of Merida models
+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 21 2011, 05:28 PM

On my way

QUOTE(snowfire64 @ Mar 21 2011, 01:55 PM)

Thanks.
Try Bicycle Buy and Sell, lots of choices and contacts there.
Good luck
+Quote Post
snowfire64
post Mar 21 2011, 06:29 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Mar 21 2011, 04:38 PM)
Hi,

Try contacting Hee Hong Cycle.

They carry quite numbers of Merida models
QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 21 2011, 05:28 PM)
Try Bicycle Buy and Sell, lots of choices and contacts there.
Good luck
Thanks guys smile.gif . Relly helpful links. Will survey on this weekend.
+Quote Post
aori67
post Mar 23 2011, 02:13 PM

QUOTE(snowfire64 @ Mar 21 2011, 06:29 PM)
Thanks guys smile.gif . Relly helpful links. Will survey on this weekend.
you can try ksh at No. 9, Jalan SS2/3. Its near Taman Bahagia LRT station. It distributes Merida models
+Quote Post
yewkhuay
post Apr 3 2011, 09:11 PM

I don't even belong here....

was wondering if height 160-165cm, wat size is suitable ?
+Quote Post
snowfire64
post Apr 4 2011, 03:41 PM

Getting Started

Anyone knows where can I view Giant road bikes in KL?

The so called Giant concept store in Hartamas is a joke, there's only one old giant bike there.
+Quote Post
yewkhuay
post Apr 10 2011, 09:54 PM

I don't even belong here....

wanted to buy road bike next week, budget ard 2-3k, any dealer here?
+Quote Post
vin_ann
post Apr 11 2011, 08:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(snowfire64 @ Apr 4 2011, 03:41 PM)
Anyone knows where can I view Giant road bikes in KL?

The so called Giant concept store in Hartamas is a joke, there's only one old giant bike there.
below our authorised dealers contact in KL for your attention:-

SEN AIK TRADING 12-1-1, JALAN SETIA PRIMA Q U13/Q, SETIA ALAM, SEK.13, 40170 SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR, MALAYSIA. 03-33431050

JBS BIKE BIKE
NO. 11-G, JALAN WANGSA DELIMA 12, D'WANGSA, WANGSA MAJU, 53300 KUALA LUMPUR, WEST MALAYSIA. 013-9803366

THE BICYCLE TRADING 15G, GROUND FLOOR, JALAN PUTRA MAHKOTA 7/6C, SEKSYEN 7, PUTRA HEIGHT, 47650 SUBANG JAYA. 03-51925432

SYARIKAT R.N.SAMY  13A-G, PLAZA UMNO, JALAN BATU CAVES , 68100 TMN. BATU CAVES, SELANGOR. MALAYSIA.
03-61862653

TUKANG BASIKAL FOOK SANG
596, JALAN SS9A/14, SUNGAI WAY, 47300 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR. MALAYSIA.
03-78769094

DIN CYCLE ENTERPRISE LOT 2103, JALAN MASJID BATU 9, KEBUN BARU TELOK PANGLIMA GARANG, 42500 KUALA LANGAT, SELANGOR. 03-31221477

LIGA MAS ENTERPRISE 43, JALAN MERANTI 1A, SEKSYEN 3, BANDAR UTAMA BATANG KALI, 43300 SELANGOR TEL: 0360574846 ; H/P: 012-6363619

S.LAI TRADING 4, JALAN KOSAS 1/5, TAMAN KOSAS, 68000 AMPANG. TEL:03-42975328, H/P:0123340073

UNITED ANGLE SDN BHD 18, JALAN SULAIMAN,  43000 KAJANG, SELANGOR, MALAYSIA. 03- 87376686

ORBIT CYCLE TRADING 51 JALAN BPP 8/3, PERMAI PLACE, BANDAR PUTRA PERMAI, 43300 SERI KEMBANGAN 012-6709928

We also wish to highlight to you that WARRANTY is only given to those product that purchased from our authorised dealer. NO warranty shall be given to those product that purchased from unknown source.

Wanted to post few days ago but keep forget. Hope the info help!

Enjoy shopping.
+Quote Post
deale30
post Apr 11 2011, 09:29 PM

Casual

QUOTE(yewkhuay @ Apr 3 2011, 09:11 PM)
was wondering if height 160-165cm, wat size is suitable ?
check here..

http://www.ebicycles.com/article/bicycle-f...ize-charts.html
+Quote Post
highway04
post Apr 25 2011, 12:53 AM

Getting Started

im a newbie n im looking for cheap entry level road bike... between these two: xds rx300 & exitway ergo logic... which 1 is better... both price are similar... http://www.usjcycles.com/archives/2483
http://www.usjcycles.com/archives/1194

+Quote Post
rifhamdi
post May 1 2011, 10:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(vin_ann @ Mar 21 2011, 10:44 AM)
btw, where can view Trek & Giant?
Authorised Trek bicycles distributors...

Treknology Bikes

3, Jln Solaris 4
Solaris Mont Kiara

Tel: 03-6204 0601

Very friendly and helpful people to assist you... They don't size you up (unlike certain bike shops I know that only attend to you if you ride a high end bike) and they don't care what you ride!!

Happy hunting! icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Fookz
post May 3 2011, 03:56 AM

Looking for rider around sunway,usj riding on weekend smile.gif I'm newbie here ^^

Added on May 3, 2011, 3:57 amLooking for rider around sunway,usj riding on weekend smile.gif I'm newbie here ^^

This post has been edited by Fookz: May 3 2011, 03:57 AM
+Quote Post
wyyew
post May 3 2011, 02:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Fookz @ May 3 2011, 03:56 AM)
Looking for rider around sunway,usj riding on weekend smile.gif I'm newbie here ^^

Added on May 3, 2011, 3:57 amLooking for rider around sunway,usj riding on weekend smile.gif I'm newbie here ^^
hi bro , come to join us ride from usj to sri petaling

+Quote Post
vin_ann
post May 4 2011, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(rifhamdi @ May 1 2011, 10:12 PM)
Authorised Trek bicycles distributors...

Treknology Bikes

3, Jln Solaris 4
Solaris Mont Kiara

Tel: 03-6204 0601

Very friendly and helpful people to assist you... They don't size you up (unlike certain bike shops I know that only attend to you if you ride a high end bike) and they don't care what you ride!!

Happy hunting!  icon_rolleyes.gif
Thank! that day i was there and i spotted this Trek shop!

visited the shop.
+Quote Post
aori67
post May 4 2011, 11:10 AM

anyone cycling tonite from usj to sri petaling?
+Quote Post
izwanz
post May 24 2011, 03:28 PM

On my way

hey guys.. is this a correct thread for road-bike? I wanna buy a bicycle so that I can cycle on road. Where can i get more information about bicycle pricing in Malaysia? I don't know anything . Thanks!

This post has been edited by izwanz: May 24 2011, 03:33 PM
+Quote Post
bcteh
post May 24 2011, 05:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(izwanz @ May 24 2011, 03:28 PM)
hey guys.. is this a correct thread for road-bike? I wanna buy a bicycle so that I can cycle on road. Where can i get more information about bicycle pricing in Malaysia? I don't know anything . Thanks!
best is survey your local shops and compare prices. most of the shops are ok if you just do a visit, and they will give you some advice.

one of the shop I like is KHS (khsbicycles.com) at Taman Bahagia (near Taman Bahagia lrt).
+Quote Post
soulquarianz
post May 25 2011, 11:44 AM

On my way

any idea where i can find raleigh oakland or polygon heist 4.0 or exitway mr sub at reasonable price?

This post has been edited by soulquarianz: May 25 2011, 08:23 PM
+Quote Post
dinraxxx
post May 27 2011, 12:31 AM

Go Far, Go Ahead, Go Red

QUOTE(bcteh @ May 24 2011, 05:05 PM)
best is survey your local shops and compare prices. most of the shops are ok if you just do a visit, and they will give you some advice.

one of the shop I like is KHS (khsbicycles.com) at Taman Bahagia (near Taman Bahagia lrt).
KSH lar bro biggrin.gif

I myself riding a Scott CR1 Team carbon and a Pinarello Paris 2011 bike.Amazing bikes.every weekend all our thing is, genting Sempah.
+Quote Post
bcteh
post May 28 2011, 03:06 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dinraxxx @ May 27 2011, 12:31 AM)
KSH lar bro biggrin.gif

I myself riding a Scott CR1 Team carbon and a Pinarello Paris 2011 bike.Amazing bikes.every weekend all our thing is, genting Sempah.
Sorry for typo.

Every week go there .... ooh... one day I must join but right now training my stamina first. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
sharizall
post May 30 2011, 11:19 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys, just wanna share some of my favourite bike shop.

I'm not sure with other KSH but the staffs in KSH Taman Bahagia treated me nicely. I got my first bike there and all staffs are so friendly and they don't lack of smiling. Look for Yeap, he's the store manager I guess. I'm doing most of my upgrading there too. They carrying Merida, Look and Fulcrum wheels and Ridley is coming soon. Owh yeah they just brought in Team Jersey for 2011.

GH Speedbikes in The Strands, Kota Damansara bringing in major brand like Specialized and Fuji, they're friendly too. Look for Raymond or Aizad. A very nice concept shop so far. Neat and organize.

Not to forget BikePro in Taman SEA, somewhere nearby Fatty Crab. I could spend hours talking to the boss, Mr Tan Boon Foo. Very nice guy. The price is quite cheap too. They have Scott, BMC, Wilier, Pinarello, Colnago, etc. My favourite place for bibs and short.

Joo Ngan Son @ I'm A Cyclist located somewhere nearby Uptown Damansara owned by Edwin Ng, son of Datuk Ng Joo Ngan. They have Trek, Wilier and some other Italian brands which I couldn't remember. And again, Edwin is a nice guy too. A bit pricey though :|

I don't know why but it seems like people in cycling business is so friendly..lol.

+Quote Post
wersofcked
post Jun 12 2011, 02:37 PM

Getting Started

Anyone cycling a fixie here? Need some advice! smile.gif
+Quote Post
dinraxxx
post Jun 13 2011, 07:10 PM

Go Far, Go Ahead, Go Red

QUOTE(sharizall @ May 30 2011, 11:19 PM)
Hi guys, just wanna share some of my favourite bike shop.

I'm not sure with other KSH but the staffs in KSH Taman Bahagia treated me nicely. I got my first bike there and all staffs are so friendly and they don't lack of smiling. Look for Yeap, he's the store manager I guess. I'm doing most of my upgrading there too. They carrying Merida, Look and Fulcrum wheels and Ridley is coming soon. Owh yeah they just brought in Team Jersey for 2011.

GH Speedbikes in The Strands, Kota Damansara bringing in major brand like Specialized and Fuji, they're friendly too. Look for Raymond or Aizad. A very nice concept shop so far. Neat and organize.

Not to forget BikePro in Taman SEA, somewhere nearby Fatty Crab. I could spend hours talking to the boss, Mr Tan Boon Foo. Very nice guy. The price is quite cheap too. They have Scott, BMC, Wilier, Pinarello, Colnago, etc. My favourite place for bibs and short.

Joo Ngan Son @ I'm A Cyclist located somewhere nearby Uptown Damansara owned by Edwin Ng, son of Datuk Ng Joo Ngan. They have Trek, Wilier and some other Italian brands which I couldn't remember. And again, Edwin is a nice guy too. A bit pricey though :|

I don't know why but it seems like people in cycling business is so friendly..lol.
not Joo Ngan in Ampang.eee.service isn't friendly.that one lady even asked.you wanna buy or not,if you don't please don't wander around.sigh.

Mr Tan is a happy go lucky guy.Loved his funny jokes and etc.a good guy.

And GH speedbikes is a good and friendly service.they don't mind talking to you and gives great advices on suitable bikes.they don't urge you to buy the bicycle if they don't have stock for size.

+Quote Post
bcteh
post Jun 14 2011, 01:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wersofcked @ Jun 12 2011, 02:37 PM)
Anyone cycling a fixie here? Need some advice! smile.gif
Can tell why you like fixie ??
+Quote Post
rexz2pac
post Jun 15 2011, 03:57 PM

QUOTE(dinraxxx @ Jun 13 2011, 07:10 PM)
not Joo Ngan in Ampang.eee.service isn't friendly.that one lady even asked.you wanna buy or not,if you don't please don't wander around.sigh.

I feel you bro!!!!

I personally like KHS Taman Bahagia. Great dealing with Yeap & Herbert.

This post has been edited by rexz2pac: Jun 15 2011, 03:58 PM
+Quote Post
xtrasher_kingx
post Jul 16 2011, 03:51 AM

Getting Started

hello.. i am interested in riding a bike to kill my spare time.. i don't know anything about bicycle as the last time i bought a bicycle was 12 years ago.. hahaha

I'm confused on which type of bike should i get.. after going through forums.. i limited it down to a road bike or a hybrid.. i'm still not sure which to pick..

besides that i'm also very tight on budget.. and honestly i was shocked to see the prices T__T last time i bought it only cost around rm300 lol

can someone give me advice on how to start? icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
H2D
post Jul 17 2011, 01:39 PM

Casual

got alot of roadbike/ hybrid below 1k punya, those home made brand like xds exitway nexus volcano .. just go to those bike shop tht caters to budget cycles..
+Quote Post
xtrasher_kingx
post Jul 17 2011, 11:57 PM

Getting Started

i bought an RM430 CatBike Scalpel 1.0 MTB.. it's a bit on the heavy side.. i took it for a ride this afternoon n felt the heaviness.. i'm not sure it's the bike itself or the tire is not suitable for the road..
+Quote Post
H2D
post Jul 19 2011, 10:58 AM

Casual

shift the gear...?
+Quote Post
xtrasher_kingx
post Jul 20 2011, 11:05 AM

Getting Started

hahaha yeah.. learnt it the hard way. didn't really know how to combine those left n right gear change lol
+Quote Post
joeweng78
post Aug 4 2011, 03:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(highway04 @ Apr 25 2011, 12:53 AM)
im a newbie n im looking for cheap entry level road bike... between these two: xds rx300 & exitway ergo logic... which 1 is better... both price are similar... http://www.usjcycles.com/archives/2483
http://www.usjcycles.com/archives/1194
frd, anyone answer ur Q?
i also on selection both unit bike. Can PM me what is ur best price of the bike?
where is ur ride area, i newbie and stay at cheras...intend to join anyone...thanks
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 7 2011, 03:38 AM

Casual

hey guys...need some opinion here...what do you think about the bike below in the link???do you think they are ok?

http://www.usjcycles.com/new-arrival-exitw...logic-value-buy

http://www.mudah.my/Volcano+racing+bicycle...kal-9980035.htm

http://www.mudah.my/Scott+Speedster+S3+Roa...ke-10862340.htm

http://www.mudah.my/Road+Bike+Ventura+SDX-...3358.htm?last=1

http://www.mudah.my/Giant+RoadBike-10579996.htm

http://www.mudah.my/Road+bike-10517493.htm

http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/view_item.php?id=112009

http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/view_item.php?id=117165

i know this is really a lot bikes that considering with...but plz advice me which is better,the cons and the pros....

+Quote Post
plkvoon
post Aug 9 2011, 02:14 PM

Casual

Used road bike shoes ; http://bicyclebuysell.com/#page=1&cat=84

This post has been edited by plkvoon: Aug 13 2011, 09:31 AM
+Quote Post
yuanyi
post Aug 10 2011, 03:28 PM

QUOTE(labr87 @ Aug 7 2011, 03:38 AM)
of all, scott speedster the best. Whats your budget for bikes? You can try fuji.
+Quote Post
IcyDarling
post Aug 10 2011, 03:49 PM

Regular

hey sorry tumpang thread smile.gif Anyone know how to prevent the numb at the groin area ? Im not those that goes long distance riding but i ride around town, when i come back i can feel like, a lot of ants inside my underwear LOL... i think its numb gua, coz sit too long. anyone know how to prevent that?
+Quote Post
SpikeTwo
post Aug 10 2011, 05:25 PM

無敵 PC Elitist

check your geometry. seat position/height/angle. if else fails, replace saddle with the ones with hole in the middle. i had that issue every ride, then i changed to specialized toupe. so far so good. what saddle are you using now btw?
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 11 2011, 10:03 AM

Casual

QUOTE(yuanyi @ Aug 10 2011, 03:28 PM)
of all, scott speedster the best. Whats your budget for bikes? You can try fuji.
i have rm1500 cash.y budget below 2k..does the scott have other issue?i mean can it last long for a newbie like me?

Added on August 11, 2011, 10:04 am
QUOTE(IcyDarling @ Aug 10 2011, 03:49 PM)
hey sorry tumpang thread smile.gif Anyone know how to prevent the numb at the groin area ? Im not those that goes long distance riding but i ride around town, when i come back i can feel like, a lot of ants inside my underwear LOL... i think its numb gua, coz sit too long. anyone know how to prevent that?
i"m pretty sure that is because of your saddle height and position...

This post has been edited by labr87: Aug 11 2011, 10:04 AM
+Quote Post
yuanyi
post Aug 11 2011, 11:21 AM

QUOTE(labr87 @ Aug 11 2011, 10:03 AM)
i have rm1500 cash.y budget below 2k..does the scott have other issue?i mean can it last long for a newbie like me?

Issues such as? A bike can last forever if u take good care of it biggrin.gif but the scott bike i find it bit pricey for a 6 y/o bike. The best is to get a new roadie, size of bike is really important for you. For entry level, the exitway bike is acceptable lah smile.gif but im sure u will want to upgrade after riding that bike for months biggrin.gif try looking for instalments smile.gif Merida has got nice bikes with value. Check out their store in ss2, KSH bikes!

ps: we r on the same boat, looking for road bikes, haha. biggrin.gif
This post has been edited by yuanyi: Aug 11 2011, 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
plkvoon
post Aug 11 2011, 12:30 PM

Casual

My extra wheelset for sale ;

http://bicyclebuysell.com/view_item.php?id=131098
+Quote Post
joeweng78
post Aug 11 2011, 02:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(labr87 @ Aug 11 2011, 10:03 AM)

Added on August 11, 2011, 10:04 am
i"m pretty sure that is because of your saddle height and position...
Frd...i will decide my 1st bike 2moro and will start after that...my 1st bike will at exitway Ergo team...<1500. u also interested?
BTW, anyone from Cheras? i intend to join in...

Thnaks'
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 11 2011, 06:21 PM

Casual

QUOTE(joeweng78 @ Aug 11 2011, 02:33 PM)
Frd...i will decide my 1st bike 2moro and will start after that...my 1st bike will at exitway Ergo team...<1500. u also interested?

Thnaks'
maybe i will try exitway...hehe...too bad i"m from bangi
+Quote Post
plkvoon
post Aug 13 2011, 09:31 AM

Casual

Used road bike shoes. Suitable for beginners and light on the wallet.

http://bicyclebuysell.com/#page=1&cat=84
+Quote Post
tongyam
post Aug 13 2011, 10:05 AM

perfect

hi guys i m new to road bike, m thinking to get a 2nd hand bike for testing..anyone got lubang ka?i dun mind 15 years steel frame
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 13 2011, 03:18 PM

Casual

QUOTE(tongyam @ Aug 13 2011, 10:05 AM)
hi guys i m new to road bike, m thinking to get a 2nd hand bike for testing..anyone got lubang ka?i dun mind 15 years steel frame
yo tongyam....already bored with mtb ka?haha
+Quote Post
SpikeTwo
post Aug 13 2011, 11:31 PM

無敵 PC Elitist

get cheapo fuji/merida/xds lowest end roadie. all same sora set. nice for training. all priced below 1.8k? merida ones i dunno still have or not tho. but fuji one not bad for beginner.
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 14 2011, 12:48 AM

Casual

QUOTE(SpikeTwo @ Aug 13 2011, 11:31 PM)
get cheapo fuji/merida/xds lowest end roadie. all same sora set. nice for training. all priced below 1.8k? merida ones i dunno still have or not tho. but fuji one not bad for beginner.
mostly i see fuji bike are 2k the cheapest...have you ever heard of shimano sis?btw,all the bike jersey that sold at the net like mudah are they legally licensed?i see alot a downtown selling them as low as rm50 a set...
+Quote Post
wan1912
post Aug 14 2011, 03:00 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(labr87 @ Aug 14 2011, 12:48 AM)
mostly i see fuji bike are 2k the cheapest...have you ever heard of shimano sis?btw,all the bike jersey that sold at the net like mudah are they legally licensed?i see alot a downtown selling them as low as rm50 a set...
which downtown bro? might wanna have a look
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 14 2011, 06:04 AM

Casual

QUOTE(wan1912 @ Aug 14 2011, 03:00 AM)
which downtown bro? might wanna have a look
i forgot already..sorry bro....
+Quote Post
SpikeTwo
post Aug 15 2011, 05:19 PM

無敵 PC Elitist

the jersey not licensed. it is AAA replica compared to RM50 ones. you can cehck the material. Ori jersey, one set would put you for about 300-400 at least.

fuji new begineer roadbike RM1.5k ive seen before. not bad. with enough training, can tapao even the expensive hardtails + novice roadies. of course compare to other exp roadies with veteran riders, we can try to follow behind. hehehe...

Added on August 15, 2011, 5:20 pmshimano sis is the old system type i think. i still see them on some china bikes.

This post has been edited by SpikeTwo: Aug 15 2011, 05:20 PM
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 15 2011, 06:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(SpikeTwo @ Aug 15 2011, 05:19 PM)
the jersey not licensed. it is AAA replica compared to RM50 ones. you can cehck the material. Ori jersey, one set would put you for about 300-400 at least.

fuji new begineer roadbike RM1.5k ive seen before. not bad. with enough training, can tapao even the expensive hardtails + novice roadies. of course compare to other exp roadies with veteran riders, we can try to follow behind. hehehe...

Added on August 15, 2011, 5:20 pmshimano sis is the old system type i think. i still see them on some china bikes.
do you have the link for the fuji bikes?might take a look...
+Quote Post
littlebeettle
post Aug 15 2011, 06:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(joeweng78 @ Aug 11 2011, 02:33 PM)

Thnaks'
Am from Cheras.

There is a regular ride at kesas every tuesday night.

Start Seri Petaling LRT station - USJ Submit - Seri Petaling LRT

Come join us if you want.

No helmet, no lights..no ride...we emphasize on safety! icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
ArmorFiend
post Aug 16 2011, 01:27 PM

On my way

What about penang folks? Any penang night ride...? smile.gif
+Quote Post
H2D
post Aug 16 2011, 11:44 PM

Casual

guys, if u r buying a new bike, remember to ask the bike shop to remove the tube and inspect it.

my new bike tyre lost air suddenly, when i remove the tube, it has been simply patched. after 1 month, the bike shop won't replace a tube, they said u might have patched it urself...
bad luck....
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 16 2011, 11:50 PM

Casual

QUOTE(H2D @ Aug 16 2011, 11:44 PM)
guys, if u r buying a new bike, remember to ask the bike shop to remove the tube and inspect it.

my new bike tyre lost air suddenly, when i remove the tube, it has been simply patched. after 1 month, the bike shop won't replace a tube, they said u might have patched it urself...
bad luck....
some shop do behave like that
+Quote Post
ArmorFiend
post Aug 17 2011, 01:01 PM

On my way

QUOTE(labr87 @ Aug 16 2011, 11:50 PM)
some shop do behave like that
Any chance of sharing which shop is that so that we know they practise corrupted method..?
+Quote Post
labr87
post Aug 17 2011, 08:39 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ArmorFiend @ Aug 17 2011, 01:01 PM)
Any chance of sharing which shop is that so that we know they practise corrupted method..?
i belive most of local bike shop behave like that....some shop doesnt even want to entertain the customer call or question...

Added on August 24, 2011, 7:51 pmSPAM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trek 1000,roadie,merida matt,raleigh avanti

Added on August 24, 2011, 7:51 pmSPAM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trek 1000,roadie,merida matt,raleigh avanti

This post has been edited by labr87: Aug 24 2011, 07:51 PM
+Quote Post
joeweng78
post Aug 25 2011, 01:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Aug 15 2011, 06:41 PM)
Am from Cheras.

There is a regular ride at kesas every tuesday night.

Start Seri Petaling LRT station - USJ Submit - Seri Petaling LRT

Come join us if you want.

No helmet, no lights..no ride...we emphasize on safety!  icon_rolleyes.gif
Thanbks for invite...light, helmet,pants and bike is ready...but night time cant join..
Any weekend morning??
+Quote Post
SpikeTwo
post Aug 25 2011, 03:58 PM

無敵 PC Elitist

raleigh too heavy...
+Quote Post
JT7128
post Aug 25 2011, 04:00 PM

Hey there,

I'm thinking of getting a Polygon Cleo for beginners. Any inputs on that?Are there any ladies in the group?
The night ride seems mighty interesting too. I'm stay at Bukit Jalil.
What time do you guys meet up? Perhaps I should workout my stamina before thinking of joining. tongue.gif

Cheers!
JT
+Quote Post
kyasee
post Dec 29 2011, 03:39 PM

Bicycle items for sale. I'm clearing my store. Everything Must Go!

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2135792&hl=
+Quote Post
maverickzack
post Jan 29 2012, 03:09 PM

Getting Started

MAVE BIKE STORE
We selectively import original cycling components in-demand at LOW price!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for bike parts and accessories at LOW price, please visit us on:Mave Bike StoreMave Bike Store

Full list:
Brooks
San Marco
Ritchey
Deda
Cinelli
Fibre Flare
Ortlieb
Chrome
Krytonite
Camelbak
Crank Brothers
MKS

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Mave Bike Store / 012 307 8557

All items sold are ORIGINAL imported products.

COD / DELIVERY:
Sri Petaling(Bt. Jalil)
Cheras (Cheras Leisure Mall)

Other domestic area: RM10 Only!

Thank you.

Ride safe always

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
mytoda5
post Feb 18 2012, 11:49 AM

QUOTE(SpikeTwo @ Aug 15 2011, 05:19 PM)

agree...2004..i use rm850 roadbike from ventura stock roadbike..and i finish 6th place on 65km race...and 9th place on 120km race..n lots of podium until 2009 i used rm 7k bike calonago..and i never touch podium since then ...my advice..just ride...ride..and ride...even my mate that win 30th place on recent ironman using hybrid mountain mod to road bike..n trust me..he use rm55 helmet...enjoy ride 1st..enjoy ride 2nd...and third..enjoy ur RIDE...
+Quote Post
tubingjack
post Jun 3 2012, 10:00 PM

im planning to build a clasic roadbike...is 1K buget enough?
+Quote Post
lot101
post Jun 7 2012, 03:39 PM

Apa got sing sing one......

QUOTE(tubingjack @ Jun 3 2012, 10:00 PM)
im planning to build a clasic roadbike...is 1K buget enough?
you must be rich to build a classic road bike dude. parts are impossible to find......which era classic bike you looking at anyway ?

\or are you going to upgrade an old frame ?

+Quote Post
izzi_guy
post Dec 14 2012, 07:24 PM

Casual

any updates?perhaps can create whatsapp group or facebook group. smile.gif
+Quote Post
sabbir9985
post Dec 17 2012, 10:18 AM

Casual

Bro, I knw it is off topic but still can you suggest me any online shop where I can check the price of MTB and Road Bikes in KL ?

I will be moving in Malaysia in this Jan. So, it will be really helpful if could help me with info.
+Quote Post
chocolatepallette
post Mar 7 2013, 01:51 PM

Getting Started

is cycling still alive in Malaysia?
+Quote Post
butthead
post Mar 7 2013, 03:26 PM

On my way

never been more alive... just need to look at the right place...

http://www.pccmalaysia.com/

for instance
+Quote Post
RT712
post Mar 11 2013, 07:23 PM

Hello

I am thinking to start road-cycling, but my budget is low...

I am planning to get an Exitway ergo team.

Can anybody tell me where can I get it cheap ?

Or anyone can recommend me a bike around Rm1k...

If possible aluminium frame, and shifters together with the brake (was it called sti ?)

Thanks in advance

+Quote Post
butthead
post Mar 11 2013, 11:16 PM

On my way

RM1k with shift levers... kinda hard...
+Quote Post
jess7
post Nov 25 2013, 12:40 AM

Getting Started

hi there cyclist!
i just started cycling as a hobby and will soon buy a road bicycle for duathlon biggrin.gif
looking for a good cycling helmet
budget <rm150
more vents better tongue.gif head tend to heat up
care to recommend a few brands and where to buy?
thanks notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
Mywasiim
post Nov 25 2013, 03:07 PM

QUOTE(jess7 @ Nov 25 2013, 12:40 AM)
hi there cyclist!
i just started cycling as a hobby and will soon buy a road bicycle for duathlon  biggrin.gif
looking for a good cycling helmet
budget <rm150
more vents better  tongue.gif  head tend to heat up
care to recommend a few brands and where to buy?
thanks  notworthy.gif
Look at bbs
+Quote Post
jess7
post Nov 25 2013, 05:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Mywasiim @ Nov 25 2013, 03:07 PM)
Look at bbs
hi there!