Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Making unity game, need some ideas to make it fun, Bomberman type

views

TSnarf03
post May 26 2017, 02:01 AM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,545 posts

wanted to make a not so simple android phone game, please watch the youtube video if you are interested to know more.

idea of the same should be almost the same of bomberman, but with some changes trying to make the game more challenging or different.

the capsule in the middle of the screen should be the unit player controlling, objective is to avoid tigers, set traps to kill tigers, those cubes should be some weak animals like baby panda where you should avoid letting too much of them getting killed, game will end if the player or more then certain pandas got killed. certain walls (3 blocks) can be pushed, purpose is to alter path trying to protect yourself or pandas. animals cant push those.

this example uses a very small map, usually the map should be much bigger, i make it small so i can see everything, or i should have lesser tigers for such map size.

i think just killing tigers makes the game a bit too simple, i want to make it more complicated, but the difficulty should increase slowly, for example player always start with only 3 traps, panda or tiger walk over trap will get themselves killed, player as a hunter can set and remove trap, once trap triggered, traps are gone, so for early levels, you will have enough traps for all tigers.

in later stage, map will be alot bigger, and i need idea on how to make things complicated for player, i was thinking to have fixed area for a ore mine and a forge, player cannot place trap there, player can mine ore then walk to forge to make more trap, each time can only take 1 piece of ore and make 1 trap. UI wise, will always have joystick and a button, when in open area the button is set trap, on a tile that has trap, the button becomes remove trap, at ore mine, becomes mining(pickaxe), and at forge(if have ore) will becomes hammer(to make trap). setting, removing traps or mining or forging takes time, player need to hold the button for like 5 seconds or so.

after each level, should have certain score system, should be like angry bird type, where you can get 1 star up to 3 stars, for replaying purpose, to get more stars, you should try to get as much pandas alive.

What you guys think ? Please ignore the bad graphic at this moment, might get somebody else to work on that at much later stage, currently what i want is some ideas to make the game fun to play, and have replay value.
post May 26 2017, 02:14 AM

lost soul
866 posts

item :
trap = gives black hole animal fall down
poison = gives slow motion
bomb = explosion, screen shaking effect
magic box = lightning effect

trap sent animal back to origin, like pacman ghost
poison paralized and make animal untouchable, you can walk pass through it
bomb shatters animal, but only got limited usage per stage
magic box sent animal paralized, caged with in a certain amount of time, but block user cannot walkthrough.

and if got sword fight also nice, bonus round can be :
• hack and slash platform like DMC
• stealth like Hitman
• avoid bullet hell like mario
TSnarf03
post May 26 2017, 02:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,545 posts

QUOTE(9876789 @ May 26 2017, 02:14 AM)
item :
trap = gives black hole animal fall down
poison = gives slow motion
bomb = explosion, screen shaking effect
magic box = lightning effect

trap sent animal back to origin, like pacman ghost
poison paralized and make animal untouchable, you can walk pass through it
bomb shatters animal, but only got limited usage per stage
magic box sent animal paralized, caged with in a certain amount of time, but block user cannot walkthrough.

and if got sword fight also nice, bonus round can be :
• hack and slash platform like DMC
• stealth like Hitman
• avoid bullet hell like mario
its supposed to be a mobile game, using phone, dont expect i can place many buttons on the screen.
manjacat
post Jun 3 2017, 09:04 AM

32 posts

is there any action button or just joystick/direction controls?
TSnarf03
post Jun 3 2017, 11:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,545 posts

QUOTE(manjacat @ Jun 3 2017, 09:04 AM)
is there any action button or just joystick/direction controls?
got joystick, and can have up to 2 extra buttons for common mobile games.
dewill
post Jun 20 2017, 02:23 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

interactive will make any game like this is fun. sound & music play a part of the drama too

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:11 PM