Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
91 Pages « < 68 69 70 71 72 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Questions for Islam., Drop your questions here and discuss. (Religious Issues)

views

duHwaN
post Apr 25 2019, 10:50 AM

Nope
1,633 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Apr 25 2019, 10:28 AM)
What do you think of his argument? Boleh pakai? My first question is airport sama ke dengan kawasan perumahan yang berbilang kaum? Critical thinking nya ada kena tempat ke?
Nope, most likely due to tradition than actually serving it's original purpose.

The Azan call is effective in olden times when the village is small, and calling out from a top of the spire will cover the entire span of the village. Coupled with the fact where olden times most commoner do not have any means of keeping time... the call did serve a purpose in getting the people to gather on time.

Now, with housing estates spanning far and wide... the call blasted from speakers mostly drowned by traffic noise after some distance. It does not really serve any purpose except annoying the nearby people that not its intended audience. Also, the effectiveness is questionable since how many people actually got "called" since most know the schedule from the smart phones, and if they have the intention to go... could have very well plan ahead already.

Airport example is rather poor since most are moving towards silent airport. Considering too many boarding calls are already desensitizing the people to the announcements made rendering it rather ineffective. Though there are some older more laidback airport still doing it...... because they always have been doing it.
ramz
post Apr 25 2019, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

QUOTE(duHwaN @ Apr 25 2019, 10:50 AM)
Nope, most likely due to tradition than actually serving it's original purpose.

The Azan call is effective in olden times when the village is small, and calling out from a top of the spire will cover the entire span of the village. Coupled with the fact where olden times most commoner do not have any means of keeping time... the call did serve a purpose in getting the people to gather on time.

Now, with housing estates spanning far and wide... the call blasted from speakers mostly drowned by traffic noise after some distance. It does not really serve any purpose except annoying the nearby people that not its intended audience. Also, the effectiveness is questionable since how many people actually got "called" since most know the schedule from the smart phones, and if they have the intention to go... could have very well plan ahead already.

Airport example is rather poor since most are moving towards silent airport. Considering too many boarding calls are already desensitizing the people to the announcements made rendering it rather ineffective. Though there are some older more laidback airport still doing it...... because they always have been doing it.

silent airports. That's a good change. Is rather annoying making announcement of every boarding. Silent mosque is also good.......

ramz
post Apr 25 2019, 02:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

https://www.projekmm.com/news/berita/2019/0...maksiat/1746802

Keep it up. When it happens so often, the religious dungus will not care anymore. Waiting for that day.
Level 60 Wizard
post Apr 25 2019, 05:00 PM

Spiritus Invictus
545 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Apr 25 2019, 12:17 PM)
silent airports. That's a good change. Is rather annoying making announcement of every boarding.  Silent mosque is also good.......
the only time someone has bough a flight ticket and dont bother to keep an eye on the boarding time, is when that person dont intend to fly anyway

so yup..am in for silent airport as well

especially 50% of the time the announcer sounded like bryan adam's..cant comprehend what he/she's saying with thick phlegm stuck on their throat
ramz
post Apr 25 2019, 10:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

http://syedsoutsidethebox.blogspot.com/201...chants.html?m=1

A 31 year old pregnant mother, daughter in law of one of the bombers, blew herself up with 3 of her sons when police came to raid her house.

Heaven is worth it. When you die for Islam u directly go to heaven. What? They misinterpreted Islam? Yes. So I guess there's nothing the Muslim community can do but shout "not in our name". By doing so, hopefully this is the last.
ramz
post Apr 27 2019, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

https://www.thesundaily.my/local/pm-s-dept-...ujahid-DK826243

Reminds me of Abdullah badawi's Islam adhari. Najib 1malaysia.

Why need to label all their initiative? The concept of progress and fairness don't have to come from a label. The formula is simple 1. Keep religion out of politics 2. Be humane (kena ajar ke apa itu be humane?) 3. Don't impose on any group. 4. Free the market. Sit back and administer the show. Don't get involved.

This post has been edited by ramz: Apr 27 2019, 10:48 AM
TSHoka Nobasho
post May 4 2019, 09:28 AM

Transhumanist
637 posts

Bumping this to see if there are any fresh questions.
Spear2
post May 6 2019, 05:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,550 posts

QUOTE(wingbee @ May 5 2019, 03:28 PM)
When i read this statement, it is as if ts is asking religion person to start doubting which will eventually stop believing in their religion. To be honest, this i cant do. You cant follow a religion but at the same time believe that there is no god. This is hypocrite.

Going out of topic. Religion is there to give basic guide and rules to the way of life. It tells you what you should and should not do. Using logic, the following are the few effects of not having religion:

1) Without religion, there will be no way of determining what is right and what is wrong. This could lead into a believe where everyone is right
and can do whatever they want. Eg: hurting other people is alright, robbery becoming alright, etc

2) Without religion, the world will went to the opposite of unite, since everyone will do their best for their own right. Eg: collision between a group of people that think robbery is okay, a group of people that wants to kill aka psychopath, a group of people that want to have incest/sex/rape out of marriage/homo and a group of people that think all of above is wrong.

Back to topic. Before ts can go further into the path of doubting of god in every religion, it is best to do some research in history of dark age of western with an open mind. Also study the origin and law imposed by every religion. It is also best to engage in conversation with the scholars for further information. The purpose of this study is so that ts can find the reason why everyone with religion believe that there is a god and things that will happen once god is taken out.
QUOTE(wingbee @ May 6 2019, 04:41 PM)
1. It is clear that you do not know anything about Islam. You just make an assumption without any reliable source of information. Can you give me any source that i can find the so called humanism that are not corrupted and is 100% justice? Or else this is just something that you thought on your own. You have also give a fact harmony is less within islamic countries. Fact means it is studied and recorded and available for public. Where can i get this source?

2. In every religion, there are black sheeps. These black sheeps does not represent the religion. Same as atheism. There are killers and shooters from atheist background, but i would not use them as representative of atheism. As for the myriad of Hadith, how much can you find? Please also list out each of them along with authors.

3. Those bombers are idolizing Isis. Do you know that Isis kills more muslim than non muslims? Why would muslim recognize these bombers as muslims? I would never do so. It is says in quran chapter 5:32:

"Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as is he had save mandkind entirely".

Ps: im not here to represent other religions, just Islams. If you dont like islam, it is okay. You can still lives in this world without liking Islam. You just have to worry about the world after you are dead ^^
I am sure if you stay long enough, there will be more replies than you can handle smile.gif I will address your points later ... (from serious kopitiam, cannot continue there due to high risk smile.gif)

From,
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry92591125

This post has been edited by Spear2: May 6 2019, 05:35 PM
Spear2
post May 6 2019, 08:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,550 posts

QUOTE(wingbee @ May 6 2019, 04:41 PM)
1. It is clear that you do not know anything about Islam. You just make an assumption without any reliable source of information. Can you give me any source that i can find the so called humanism that are not corrupted and is 100% justice? Or else this is just something that you thought on your own. You have also give a fact harmony is less within islamic countries. Fact means it is studied and recorded and available for public. Where can i get this source?

2. In every religion, there are black sheeps. These black sheeps does not represent the religion. Same as atheism. There are killers and shooters from atheist background, but i would not use them as representative of atheism. As for the myriad of Hadith, how much can you find? Please also list out each of them along with authors.

3. Those bombers are idolizing Isis. Do you know that Isis kills more muslim than non muslims? Why would muslim recognize these bombers as muslims? I would never do so. It is says in quran chapter 5:32:

"Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as is he had save mandkind entirely".

Ps: im not here to represent other religions, just Islams. If you dont like islam, it is okay. You can still lives in this world without liking Islam. You just have to worry about the world after you are dead ^^
Let me address 1 first, black sheep as in (2) and (3).

How do you judge them as black sheep? Just because they interpreted Quran differently while you have a preconceived notion that Islam is peace?

As for the verse you quoted from the Quran, it is out of context, it was meant for the Jews, not Muslims ...
ramz
post May 7 2019, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ May 6 2019, 08:04 PM)
Let me address 1 first, black sheep as in (2) and (3).

How do you judge them as black sheep? Just because they interpreted Quran differently while you have a preconceived notion that Islam is peace?

As for the verse you quoted from the Quran, it is out of context, it was meant for the Jews, not Muslims ...

wingbee
How can i answer in a way he will be notified?

He cherry picks the quran. Fact is Quran have lot of violent and pleasant verses to choose from. If u are peace loving, u choose the pleasant verses and ignore the violent ones. If u not peace loving, u choose the violent ones and ignore the pleasant ones. That's why these two groups can never agree with each other. Coz both are right!

This post has been edited by ramz: May 7 2019, 10:06 AM
Spear2
post May 7 2019, 08:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,550 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ May 7 2019, 08:47 AM)

He cherry picks the quran. Fact is Quran have lot of violent and pleasant verses to choose from. If u are peace loving, u choose the pleasant verses and ignore the violent ones. If u not peace loving, u choose the violent ones and ignore the pleasant ones. That's why these two groups can never agree with each other. Coz both are right!
You can either go to this link and reply, copy that reply here in new post or tag him.

From,
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry92591125

wingbee

This post has been edited by Spear2: May 7 2019, 08:54 AM
puchongite
post May 7 2019, 08:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,653 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ May 7 2019, 08:47 AM)

Type this
CODE
[@wingbee]
anywhere in your reply will tag him.
kmarc
post May 7 2019, 12:04 PM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Elite
10,761 posts

For those who don't understand, this is what is meant by "Don't impose on others" : https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/05/...oughout-ramadan

As always, it is mind-boggling how these regulations can be cooked up (pun intended) for the masses.

For the record, let's be clear that it has NOTHING to do with respect, encouragement, being religious or what not.

This post has been edited by kmarc: May 7 2019, 12:07 PM
ramz
post May 7 2019, 12:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

QUOTE(kmarc @ May 7 2019, 12:04 PM)
For those who don't understand, this is what is meant by "Don't impose on others" : https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/05/...oughout-ramadan

As always, it is mind-boggling how these regulations can be cooked up (pun intended) for the masses.

For the record, let's be clear that it has NOTHING to do with respect, encouragement, being religious or what not.
PAS, they say they don't impose, but they impose left right center. Non Muslim no need to eat during that time? How bout non Muslim food operators, Also must close? Makan Maggi sajalah. Tarawih is not even compulsory also they can impose. This is really a joke.

Now u know why non Muslims are so afraid of Muslims governing? Coz Muslims punya habit memang like that, suka impose. They don't get it that we don't believe what they believe. Just don't get it.

This post has been edited by ramz: May 7 2019, 01:02 PM
ramz
post May 7 2019, 01:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

http://syedsoutsidethebox.blogspot.com/201...g-hina.html?m=1

Freedom of religion in malaysia is all good. Unless you are Muslim!
kmarc
post May 7 2019, 06:05 PM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Elite
10,761 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ May 7 2019, 12:41 PM)
PAS, they say they don't impose, but they impose left right center. Non Muslim no need to eat during that time? How bout non Muslim food operators, Also must close? Makan Maggi sajalah. Tarawih is not even compulsory also they can impose. This is really a joke.

Now u know why non Muslims are so afraid of Muslims governing? Coz Muslims punya habit memang like that, suka impose. They don't get it that we don't believe what they believe. Just don't get it.
Because they are the chosen ones who rightfully dish out (lol) the word of God. In that sense, any "collateral damage" on non-believers is not their concern.

Yes, it's hilarious when you see them do these things. To me, it shows weakness in every sense of the word.

This post has been edited by kmarc: May 7 2019, 06:06 PM
ramz
post May 7 2019, 06:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

QUOTE(kmarc @ May 7 2019, 06:05 PM)
Because they are the chosen ones who rightfully dish out (lol) the word of God. In that sense, any "collateral damage" on non-believers is not their concern.

Yes, it's hilarious when you see them do these things. To me, it shows weakness in every sense of the word.
PAS do not want to get along with non Muslims. They want to rule their way. The Islam way, for everybody tak kira ugama. Of course they don't tell u that coz they not quite in power. But the signs are there.

Here is one telling sign:
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/201...eviants/1714301
Btw, there is a sizeable bit of PAS in PH too. Seems like it's growing. I can't confirm if it's growing. Let's see.....

This post has been edited by ramz: May 7 2019, 06:30 PM
MAGAMan-X
post May 17 2019, 12:07 PM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ May 7 2019, 12:41 PM)

There many instances where subterfuge is allowed in islam. In this case Tawriya seems to fit.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-Kitman-Murun...-they-justified
ramz
post May 19 2019, 11:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,484 posts

https://www.thesundaily.my/local/39-malaysi...police-CH889567

Change of heart?

No.

No money, no Isis. Believe it or not, No money no religion too. In Malaysia no problem though. Coz religion is embedded in our administration. So always have money.

This post has been edited by ramz: May 19 2019, 11:53 AM
puchongite
post May 19 2019, 12:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,653 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ May 19 2019, 11:51 AM)
https://www.thesundaily.my/local/39-malaysi...police-CH889567

Change of heart?

No.

No money, no Isis. Believe it or not, No money no religion too.   In Malaysia no problem though. Coz religion is embedded in our administration. So always have money.
These people were detained, then only they say they want to come back.

I think what's exactly in their minds, no bother knows. Our country is also in ISIS threat, why are we inviting trouble for ourselves ?

We have enough problems of trying to convince people in Malaysia to refuse ISIS ideology. We must be quite naive to think people can suddenly convert back, right after they are detained. People can die for ideology, material poverty is not an issue. They can survive without any material. They say they want to come back because they were caught.

This post has been edited by puchongite: May 19 2019, 12:16 PM

91 Pages « < 68 69 70 71 72 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0541sec    4.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 04:15 PM