Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Questions for Islam., Drop your questions here and discuss. (Religious Issues)

Spear2
post Feb 19 2019, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(duHwaN @ Feb 19 2019, 08:36 AM)
In matter of science, yes. In more subjective realms: philosophy, religion, politics or so on, everybody can discuss until the cows come home also will not reach a consensus. At best, one can tilt the scales to one opinion.

IMO the only way I see for religion to truly fade away is when everybody is empowered: financially and politically, that they feel they are the master of their own destiny... without the need for anyone. That will be a Utopian dream.
Even then religions would not fade away, may greatly reduce influence in public space and governance, policy making, legislation etc ... We are humans of different predisposition born with certain amount of inherent bias, may be corrected as part of education and lifelong journey, but some will still remain on the fringes.
duHwaN
post Feb 19 2019, 10:10 AM

Nope

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 19 2019, 09:49 AM)
Even then religions would not fade away, may greatly reduce influence in public space and governance, policy making, legislation etc ... We are humans of different predisposition born with certain amount of inherent bias, may be corrected as part of education and lifelong journey, but some will still remain on the fringes.
Thoughts of mortality perhaps. They can master everything now except death. Hence the fear of nothing beyond. (the need to have meaning after)

It is my impression that in a time of great need, the influence of religion is at its greatest. At it fades as the need diminish. Powerful people (with very little need) more often that not seems more irreligious. Education gives a measure of power, so it is not so surprising there. Religion can somewhat give hope to people in need (hence the prayers).
zamorin
post Feb 19 2019, 04:54 PM

Resident Carouser

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ Feb 18 2019, 09:35 AM)
dont give the the idea bro
i read before in US, some rural folks try replacing science class with religious study as they claimed it to be as good as scientific book, if not better.
Anything connected to American fundamentalist Christians, you know is going to be much worse than radical fundamentalist Islam smile.gif Not that Malaysian fundamentalist Christians like duHwaN are any different.

This post has been edited by zamorin: Feb 19 2019, 04:58 PM
Level 60 Wizard
post Feb 19 2019, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(zamorin @ Feb 19 2019, 04:54 PM)
Anything connected to American Christians, you know is going to be much worse that radical Islam smile.gif
well, if i am allowed to have a say, all religion are terrifying. If often put you at the mercy of who's the leader of the religion, instead of whether it's right/wrong thing to do.
zamorin
post Feb 19 2019, 04:58 PM

Resident Carouser

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ Feb 19 2019, 04:57 PM)
well, if i am allowed to have a say, all religion are terrifying. If often put you at the mercy of who's the leader of the religion, instead of whether it's right/wrong thing to do.
I rather have Buddha than Christ or Mohammed, I am just saying.
Level 60 Wizard
post Feb 19 2019, 05:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zamorin @ Feb 19 2019, 04:58 PM)
I rather have Buddha than Christ or Mohammed, I am just saying.
well then there's myanmar's case. i doubt those people will agree with you.

but imagine if there's no religion, whoever go out and kill someone, they dont have a "god" to blame...but have to bear the responsibility themselves.

as in going out and say, 'yup, i killed him because i hate him and i want to kill him'.

instead of pushing the blame to 'the little voices in my head tell me to do so'. or it is god's will and intention for me to kill you so it is justified.
zamorin
post Feb 19 2019, 05:04 PM

Resident Carouser

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ Feb 19 2019, 05:01 PM)

but imagine if there's no religion, whoever go out and kill someone, they dont have a "god" to blame...but have to bear the responsibility themselves.

as in going out and say, 'yup, i killed him because i hate him and i want to kill him'.

instead of pushing the blame to 'the little voices in my head tell me to do so'. or it is god's will and intention for me to kill you so it is justified.
I doubt so too but in the scheme of thing, thats like comparing a termite infestation to a nuclear war.

These guys (Burmese) are doing that in the name of nationalism not religious superiority for one.

This post has been edited by zamorin: Feb 19 2019, 05:06 PM
Level 60 Wizard
post Feb 19 2019, 05:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zamorin @ Feb 19 2019, 05:04 PM)
I doubt so too but in the scheme of thing, thats like comparing a termite infestation to a nuclear war.

These guys (Burmese) are doing that in the name of nationalism not religious superiority for one.
well there is that
but i foresee people will disagree with you
as they are going after specific religious people instead

and also most would say, a wrong is a wrong regardless of whether one's chopping off someone's finger..or chopping off another's head.

granted they are different in term of severity....but most ppl wont see it that way for the sake of winning/justifying their argument.
zamorin
post Feb 19 2019, 05:20 PM

Resident Carouser

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ Feb 19 2019, 05:14 PM)
well there is that
but i foresee people will disagree with you
as they are going after specific religious people instead

and also most would say, a wrong is a wrong regardless of whether one's chopping off someone's finger..or chopping off another's head.

granted they are different in term of severity....but most ppl wont see it that way for the sake of winning/justifying their argument.
No need to forsee, I have a history of rubbing religious people here the "right" way biggrin.gif

Ofcourse I agree with you that a termite infestation is bad or chopping off some ones finger is bad but wouldn't you rather have your finger missing than your head?

It really is different...the quantum. Screw what people think....90% of the people in the world believe in a God, 90% of this world believe in Bullshit with 0 proof, 99% of the people in the world once thought the Earth was flat, FUCK people.

This post has been edited by zamorin: Feb 19 2019, 05:30 PM
Spear2
post Feb 20 2019, 08:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ Feb 19 2019, 05:01 PM)

IMO there is a critical difference between the cases of extremism in Myanmar and the terrorism from the middle east Islam. Of course as of most events there are multiple factors, but here we draw the differences from between the 2 religions. One that is wholly focused on self development and non-violence as the path to enlightenment while the other is a spiritual and physical struggle of not only it's adherents but also against people who disbelieve. IOW you can quote grim passages from the Quran or Bible that dish out physical harm.
Level 60 Wizard
post Feb 20 2019, 09:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zamorin @ Feb 19 2019, 05:20 PM)
No need to forsee, I have a history of rubbing religious people here the "right" way biggrin.gif

Ofcourse I agree with you that a termite infestation is bad or chopping off some ones finger is bad but wouldn't you rather have your finger missing than your head?

It really is different...the quantum. Screw what people think....90% of the people in the world believe in a God, 90% of this world believe in Bullshit with 0 proof, 99% of the people in the world once thought the Earth was flat, FUCK people.
hahaa. i can sense your frustration bro. chill chill. like they say, it take all sorts to make up this world...if only they could leave the nons alone.

indeed, like what george carlin used to say :

user posted image
Level 60 Wizard
post Feb 20 2019, 10:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 20 2019, 08:49 AM)
IMO there is a critical difference between the cases of extremism in Myanmar and the terrorism from the middle east Islam. Of course as of most events there are multiple factors, but here we draw the differences from between the 2 religions. One that is wholly focused on self development and non-violence as the path to enlightenment while the other is a spiritual and physical struggle of not only it's adherents but also against people who disbelieve. IOW you can quote grim passages from the Quran or Bible that dish out physical harm.
aye.that's something i agree with you about violent passage being found on certain holy book, and not the others.

you know about it, i know too..and most of the followers from both or all sides, but they will jst shrugged it off and claim well, you're taking things out of context.
ramz
post Yesterday, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/201...ed-here/1725689

And the Haram haram here, and the haram haram there, haram here, haram there, haram everywhere haram haram....
Spear2
post Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ramz @ Feb 22 2019, 01:57 PM)
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/201...ed-here/1725689

And the Haram haram here, and the haram haram there, haram here, haram there, haram everywhere haram haram....
So say again why Islam is the fastest growing religion? Because it is a lifetime membership, if you leave before time, your life is up.
ramz
post Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Feb 22 2019, 03:00 PM)
So say again why Islam is the fastest growing religion? Because it is a lifetime membership, if you leave before time, your life is up.
Islam is fastest growing religion becsuse:
1. One Muslim parent can machine-gun a dozen more muslims
2. You check into hotel California the moment you are born
3. Muslims with funny thoughts will get mafia treatment, legally.
4. Zakar naik already say "if my children leave Islam, I will disown them". So even parents also play this mafia game.
5. Zakar naik also say "between a corrupted Muslim leader and non corrupted non Muslim leader, choose the former". So boleh maintain momentum.
6. When you marry a Muslim, you must marry Islam too.
7. When u divorce a Muslim, don't divorce Islam else...... Try lah not so easy.
8. If you do a Sinead O'Connor, depending which country, you can't undo a Sinead O'Connor.
9 the millions that renounced their religion, shout at the walls of their closet.
10. Meanwhile in ugama class, we teach our 16 year olds that apostates must be killed. So that's your young army for extra assurance to maintain peace.

Meaning of Respect: a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

This post has been edited by ramz: Yesterday, 04:37 PM

59 Pages « < 57 58 59Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0689sec    2.79    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd February 2019 - 02:18 AM