4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problematic staff

views

EternalC
post May 24 2017, 11:09 AM

Take what you can, give nothing back
845 posts

1. is your senior staffs very important and valuable to your team?
2. if they resign at same time, will it pose a major problem for your team?
3. are they doing important works?

if no no no, get the copy of the rude email, record of the early scan out, bring it to your HOD / HR, request for warning letter for the stated reasons and for insubordination
hirano
post May 24 2017, 12:55 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

1. Give advice
2. Give more advice, cc manager
3. Give warning letter
4. Give warning letter again
5. Ask show cause letter
6. Fire them away
SUSdangerminimouse
post May 24 2017, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(kentchow75 @ May 24 2017, 08:37 AM)
What you can do is highly depends on your company's culture

If your company priorities senior worker rather than higher management position, then you must respect them as your senior even though you have higher position
Hmm this is good advise.

Sometimes there are things we need to look in between the lines.

No senior staff would be so emboldened, if they don't have power. They must have some sort of power or support base or they know they cannot be removed due to their entrenched work in the co no one else knows how to do, that's why they can have attitude problem like that.

WaCKy-Angel
post May 24 2017, 01:21 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ May 24 2017, 08:00 AM)
Morning to all,

Need advised. Given an example.

You're a Team Leader dealing with 18 staff under your care. Out of this 18 staff, there's only a group of 4 staff that always cause a problem to the team and this particular 4 staff are all seniors staff.

Yesterday, admin assistant have alert me that this 4 particular staff had scan out a few minutes early (Our working hour is from 8.30am to 6.00pm). I have personally drop them an email and request them to take notes and not to repeat the same offense.

To my shock, 3 of them approach me directly and asked why their names always come out in the list and the other department do not have this kind of issued when the staff scan out early. I told them directly that the admin assistant did random check and your name is in the list and please do not compared my department with the other department as each Team Leader have their own way to settle thing off.

Now these 4 particular staff have start showing face with me and even drop an email to the Admin Assistant in a very rude manner.

Headache... How to counter this kind of staff...?
You should have not emailed to them instead of email to your whole team, just mention that Management do monitor staff's time periodically and found some staffs are checking out earlier than the supposed time so you are just sending a notice to your team as a reminder. DO NOT mention names, make it general.
Then monitor those 4 if they smart they will not do again..
However if still same, u can send another reminder.. give them maybe 3 chance before ask HR to send warning letter. HR should do it NOT you.

But then again, that few minutes only..... is it THAT IMPORTANT???
Unless those 4 are not doing their work properly or anything, just let them be..
NeoMnemonic
post May 24 2017, 02:45 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

anyone can be replaced even the team leader. removed the unwanted and it's time for others to be senior roles.
Wassupman
post May 24 2017, 03:24 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

typical problem in all companies... all seniors dont like to take instruction from newcomers.

the only way is to gain trust from them from the very beginning before you telling them what to do. when they are comfortable with you or respect you, maybe they will obey your instruction.

so it really depends on your situation whether if you are on the wrong side of their bed at the moment.. laugh.gif

another possible way is to get one to resigned instantly...

btw all the above is based on my own experience in current company...
acepilot12
post May 24 2017, 03:26 PM

On my way
623 posts

Morning to all,

You're a Team Leader dealing with 18 staff under your care. Out of this 18 staff, there's only a group of 4 staff that always cause a problem to the team and this particular 4 staff are all seniors staff.

Yesterday, admin assistant have alert me that this 4 particular staff had scan out a few minutes early (Our working hour is from 8.30am to 6.00pm). I have personally drop them an email and request them to take notes and not to repeat the same offense.

To my shock, 3 of them approach me directly and asked why their names always come out in the list and the other department do not have this kind of issued when the staff scan out early. I told them directly that the admin assistant did random check and your name is in the list and please do not compared my department with the other department as each Team Leader have their own way to settle thing off.

Now these 4 particular staff have start showing face with me and even drop an email to the Admin Assistant in a very rude manner.

Api
zeist
post May 24 2017, 05:43 PM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Morning to all,

Go to your boss

If he or she agree with what you did, no need to care about them

Btw, treat all four as peasants in company. No need to be nice

Show face? Go ahead. If overboard issue warning letter

alien3d
post May 24 2017, 06:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

Morning to all,

simple . adapt.. change work hour .. but still ............ i do want to complain..

1. It's over 30 minute then 8 hour..
2. Senior may have some issue with their married couple,kids and so on..Lucky you don't have this problem.It's normal..
3. Yes they have right since fall back to 1. over 8 hour period per days.. don't so fuzzy

MonkeyShoulder
post May 25 2017, 12:40 AM

0 posts

If i were u lah, i wont even send them a email regard their problem.... What i do is, as them for makan, treat them.... Makan time tell them bout the problem, senior or junior, we just work bro..... Just to stay alive, thats it man.... Explain to them nicely la.... Ask them to view thing in different angle or position.... There's no point for a manager to give the warning letter, there's no benefit to both of us... Try to explaint to them lor..... This is how u get a respect.... If song song u email them, of give warning letter to them.......more trouble appear.... Imagine one day u also kena warning letter, u song or boh song..... Comfirm u also want to challenge back the ppl who write u a warning letter rite...
TSNog_1985
post May 25 2017, 07:44 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

Morning all... Many thanks for all the advised. To give a clear picture.

1. This is not the first time such incident happened. This particular staff already have a few issue with her (Lateness medical leave and etc).
2. The first time this happened I have brief to the whole team instead of mentioning this few names.
3. Our nature of business is call center thus every minutes count.
4. This particular staff is much more senior than myself (She had joined the company previously, resign and joined again under the same batch as myself) and her last position is also a team leader.
5. Because of this, she have known several other senior staff (Which is also my staff) that had transferred from the other department to my department.
6. I have always treat them as a friend as I always use the diplomatic ways of approach.
7. Reason I have emailed to this particular staff personally in first place as in to avoid their name further targeted by the organization and thus going through all their records of log in and log out of the office.

TSNog_1985
post May 25 2017, 07:47 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(MonkeyShoulder @ May 25 2017, 12:40 AM)
If i were u lah, i wont even send them a email regard their problem.... What i do is, as them for makan, treat them.... Makan time tell them bout the problem, senior or junior, we just work bro..... Just to stay alive, thats it man.... Explain to them nicely la.... Ask them to view thing in different  angle or position.... There's  no point for a manager to give the warning  letter, there's  no benefit  to both of us... Try to explaint to them lor..... This is how u get a respect.... If song song u email them, of give warning  letter to them.......more trouble  appear.... Imagine one day u also kena warning letter, u song or boh song..... Comfirm u also want to challenge  back the ppl who write u a warning letter rite...
I have not issued them any warning letter bro. The reason I have drop an email to them personally is to avoid them being targeted by the management in first place. But seems like they get me wrong. doh.gif
TSNog_1985
post May 25 2017, 07:51 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ May 24 2017, 06:10 PM)
simple . adapt.. change work hour .. but still ............ i do want to complain..

1. It's over  30 minute then 8 hour..
2. Senior may have some issue with their  married couple,kids and so on..Lucky you don't have this problem.It's normal..
3. Yes they have right since fall back to 1.  over 8 hour period per days.. don't so fuzzy
I have no issued if they wanted to go back early, but please follow the policy.
If there's anything urgent, you can always request for time off. And I have never say no to my staff when it comes to Annual Leave or Time Off.

alien3d
post May 25 2017, 08:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ May 25 2017, 07:51 AM)
I have no issued if they wanted to go back early, but please follow the policy.
If there's anything urgent, you can always request for time off. And I have never say no to my staff when it comes to Annual Leave or Time Off.
seem inconsistent with this word and the first one..

You're team leader
and
also  to my staff ..

Either you're just a clerk or hr people..

Most company department didn't have give a shit about time because it's normal to be late due a lot of thing.. Company need to revise it's policy for certain level work of job..

Such as don't hope salesman will clock in 9.00 am sharp..Because mostly they wouldn't and most of time entertain customer at night..

Unless you're salary below 2k and not management , yes it suitable 9-5.. If other i think not suitable at all .
alien3d
post May 25 2017, 08:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ May 25 2017, 07:47 AM)
I have not issued them any warning letter bro. The reason I have drop an email to them personally is to avoid them being targeted by the management in first place. But seems like they get me wrong.  doh.gif
Anything drop e-mail is official if under company name.. Either you're new in work or what? For sure they get wrong la.. Because maybe they relationship may much better then you and you maybe mungkin kena balik.. idiot would said this move..
myasiahobby
post May 25 2017, 08:07 AM

On my way
670 posts

Invite them talk to them, if they still cb give warning letter, if still cb fire them
TSNog_1985
post May 25 2017, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ May 25 2017, 08:03 AM)
seem inconsistent with this word and the first  one..

and

Either you're just a clerk  or hr people..

Most company department didn't have give a shit about time because it's normal to be late due a lot of thing.. Company need to revise it's policy for certain level work of job..

Such as don't hope salesman will clock in 9.00 am sharp..Because mostly they wouldn't and most of time  entertain customer  at night..

Unless you're  salary below 2k  and not management , yes it suitable 9-5.. If other i think not suitable at all .
Bro... Which is inconsistent. Do note my first post I'm giving an example to put others under my position as team leader and what will they do for this kind of situation.

And do note for every business, there's different rules that staff need to abide to.

Previously I'm also under sales line and yes the log in and log out is not important as we are dealing with customer outside of the office premises.

But now we are talking about office environment whereas there's other department in the same floor. Is it correct for my department only to go back early before the office hour over? I'm not sure about the rules at your workplace but for me the rules is there and we need to abide to it.
MonkeyShoulder
post May 25 2017, 09:04 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ May 25 2017, 07:47 AM)
I have not issued them any warning letter bro. The reason I have drop an email to them personally is to avoid them being targeted by the management in first place. But seems like they get me wrong.  doh.gif
Understand u bro.... I guess its all bout the chemistry between u and them, for example lah:if i and u were best buddy, u drop me a email regard this issue, i may feel like u wanna hlp me or remind me personally without telling other staff bout my problem(means no backstab lah),....aand another example is if i and u were just a normal college, u drop me an email, i may feel like fak this guy man, u wanna cari pasal wif me or u wanna start a war wif me.... Its natural reaction rite.... Lol... Thats my explanations goes lah ,its all bout the chemistry between u and them jor....
TSNog_1985
post May 25 2017, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ May 25 2017, 08:06 AM)
Anything drop e-mail is official if under company name.. Either you're new in work or what? For sure they get wrong la.. Because  maybe they relationship may much better then you and you maybe mungkin kena balik.. idiot would said this move..
Seriously I don't get your point here.

I will give you an example.

Your admin assistant drop you an email stating your staff clock out before office hour over (Official email)
What will yourself do? Pretend like it is not important or drop an email to the staff to let them know?

What if this goes to the top management as there's no improvement? Team Leader never monitor staff and never read email is it? What will you answer?

At least if there's an email the Team Leader can defend their self right?

Maybe you are not under the supervisor or top management level yet thus this kind of comment. Just my thought.

This post has been edited by Nog_1985: May 25 2017, 09:11 AM
alien3d
post May 25 2017, 10:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(Nog_1985 @ May 25 2017, 08:56 AM)
Bro... Which is inconsistent. Do note my first post I'm giving an example to put others under my position as team leader and what will they do for this kind of situation.

And do note for every business, there's different rules that staff need to abide to.

Previously I'm also under sales line and yes the log in and log out is not important as we are dealing with customer outside of the office premises.

But now we are talking about office environment whereas there's other department in the same floor. Is it correct for my department only to go back early before the office hour over? I'm not sure about the rules at your workplace but for me the rules is there and we need to abide to it.
As i said the word inconsistent . THIS IS NOT KOPITIAM .THIS IS SERIOUS KOPITIAM .I only can advise according to role. If your are hr . You should allready working 8 hour 30 minute allready wrong, If just a supervisor ,team leader . You cannot pro claim your staff but as colig. If you re boss you should be thankfull because ot is waste of resources and and staff tend to delay their job and ask overtime and cost getting higher.

Neither way , the only people can advise is depend on real role job not imaginative role.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:28 PM