Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DOG with ITCHY/FLAKY/REDNESS/SMELLY skin problem, Need help or advise

views

kiss01
post Jul 5 2017, 03:18 PM

6 posts

did the vet do a fungal culture test? could be ringworm?

the medicine for ringworm may affect her kidney/liver, so the vet will need to check your dog's condition first since she is quite senior in age already..

some dogs have chronic skin issues which comes back once they are off medication.. i found using medicated shampoo prescribed by the vet helps a lot...
kiss01
post Jul 7 2017, 02:59 PM

6 posts

No, I'm using veta zole.. it's mild enough that I don't need to wear gloves whenever i bathe my dog.. but i can't find it at any petshop so far... this shampoo only available at vet.
kiss01
post Jul 10 2017, 02:37 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(lily64my @ Jul 9 2017, 12:22 PM)
Sorry to hear. But one thing i dont give my dogs are those can meat/food. I will buy chicken carcas or chopped bones for soup, chicken livers or what ever to give them. i do give them biscuit for nibbles.

Maybe different breed got different requirements.
oh same here.

my dog alternates between steamed chicken breast meat, boiled pork+liver, and pan fried beef.
i dont use oil or seasoning to cook, just water for boiling/steaming or the meat natural fats & juices to fry.

i usually cook bigger portions and refrigerate them. everyday come home from work, just heat up with microwave.
its a bit more work and more expensive than feeding kibbles or canned food, but u save on vet fees thumbsup.gif

i also tried feeding her fruits and vege, but so far not successful.
i tried chopping carrots and broccoli into small pieces and mix in with the meat but she puke.gif them out and makes a mess of the floor... dry.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22 PM