Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Miscarried, Need some advice

views

TSAmatiel
post May 22 2017, 05:52 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
62 posts

Hi. I was pregnant for 6 weeks before I miscarried in Jan this year. I passed the sac/placenta almost immediately. Two weeks after that I went to see a reputable gynae, he did an ultrasound and said that there were still some bits and pieces remain and very strongly advised me to do D&C.. (which I didn't)

I asked if the remains can be flushed out naturally when my period comes he said if they aren't out by now then they won't be out unless I do D&C.

It's May now and we want to try again but I'm kinda lost now because of what the doc said, I fear that I would miscarry again if my womb isn't 'clean'. But the thing is, my period came normally after that and I'm on the 4th cycle now.

Can someone with the similar experience please advise? What are your thoughts on this?
jwrx
post May 22 2017, 06:02 PM

On my way
515 posts

i dont think anyone can give you the advice you need on a forum. Please get a 2nd opinion from another gynae.
alextan99
post May 22 2017, 06:04 PM

Wassup
2,645 posts

QUOTE(jwrx @ May 22 2017, 06:02 PM)
i dont think anyone can give you the advice you need on a forum. Please get a 2nd opinion from another gynae.
Agreed. You should seek 2nd or even 3rd opinion since the beginning and see if any gynae diagnose the same
ckangwei
post May 22 2017, 06:05 PM

9 posts

I can't tell if this is ok or not but if possible to get advice from few gynae. Sometime those reputable one are just too "SOP" if you know what i mean.

I had a bad experience with an reputable gynae also on a miscarried case and the gynae was not even there when my bb was force delivered cause the doctor did wrong estimation on the deliverable time. SOP you know, taking the normal standard in judgement instead of looking case by case different by person. And he was late by one hour after the baby was delivered.

And what worst is after that. Telling us to report the baby less than 500g (my baby was a little more than that) just because he do not want to do too much paper work.
SUSslimey
post May 22 2017, 10:15 PM

6,914 posts

january.........miscarry.....
claim to have retained placenta.......
now may.......

ok here's the answer :
how's the period? is the flow normal or heavy?
any abnormal bleeding per vagina?
if the answer to the above is normal, normal and no, most likely there's no more retained placenta. if not, go have a scan.

also, if miscarry and pass out placenta/yolk sac, you should immediately go to hospital with the placenta/yolk sac.

SUSslimey
post May 22 2017, 10:18 PM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(ckangwei @ May 22 2017, 06:05 PM)
I can't tell if this is ok or not but if possible to get advice from few gynae. Sometime those reputable one are just too "SOP" if you know what i mean.

I had a bad experience with an reputable gynae also on a miscarried case and the gynae was not even there when my bb was force delivered cause the doctor did wrong estimation on the deliverable time. SOP you know, taking the normal standard in judgement instead of looking case by case different by person. And he was late by one hour after the baby was delivered.

And what worst is after that. Telling us to report the baby less than 500g (my baby was a little more than that) just because he do not want to do too much paper work.
no one can predict a spontaneous extreme premature delivery.

by protocol, a spontaneous premature delivery with fetus less than 500g, the doctor no need to do resuscitation. because it is non-viable. any heavier than that, they have to resuscitate the child.

anyway, hope that you are well and strong.

TSAmatiel
post May 23 2017, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

Thanks for the reply guys.

I live in a small town so there really isn't much gynae I can go to. I went to 2 other gynae when I found out I was pregnant and during mc (when I was cramping), felt like they just anyhow like they were in a rush and usually ended my visits within minutes without telling us much or letting us stay long enough to ask questions.

To answer slimey, my first cycle was a little bit heavier then the next 3 cycles is just normal flow. And I was told to just dispose of the sac because early mc is extremely common and don't need to get it examined or anything like that. I only went to have a scan 2 weeks after because I was still bleeding then and since the sac has already came out, I wanted to wait long enough to let everything else come out before I went to a gynae to confirm a clean womb. But who knows.. still got remains and he said MUST d&c and told me to do it at GH since he doesn't provide the service. I just don't know why he said the remains won't come out with my periods though.. I think that's a false statement?

But he was really thorough, took his time to look through the scan and took time to explain.

I will probably go back to this same dr this saturday... like I said, there really isnt much gynae I can go to who is thorough and talk to his patients. Everyone I know goes to this gynae so he's my best bet. I might probably get yelled at for not taking his advice...? Sigh, wish me luck!

SUSslimey
post May 23 2017, 10:02 AM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(Amatiel @ May 23 2017, 09:53 AM)
Thanks for the reply guys.

I live in a small town so there really isn't much gynae I can go to. I went to 2 other gynae when I found out I was pregnant and during mc (when I was cramping), felt like they just anyhow like they were in a rush and usually ended my visits within minutes without telling us much or letting us stay long enough to ask questions.

To answer slimey, my first cycle was a little bit heavier then the next 3 cycles is just normal flow. And I was told to just dispose of the sac because early mc is extremely common and don't need to get it examined or anything like that. I only went to have a scan 2 weeks after because I was still bleeding then and since the sac has already came out, I wanted to wait long enough to let everything else come out before I went to a gynae to confirm a clean womb. But who knows.. still got remains and he said MUST d&c and told me to do it at GH since he doesn't provide the service. I just don't know why he said the remains won't come out with my periods though.. I think that's a false statement?

But he was really thorough, took his time to look through the scan and took time to explain.

I will probably go back to this same dr this saturday... like I said, there really isnt much gynae I can go to who is thorough and talk to his patients. Everyone I know goes to this gynae so he's my best bet. I might probably get yelled at for not taking his advice...? Sigh, wish me luck!
Ok.
Since period now normal, most likely it is out. But sure. Go have another scan just to be sure.

I actually agree with him that if there are still remains inside after 2 weeks it is unlikely to come out on its own.
And since the bleeding is heavy/heavier, risk of being anemic or even massive sudden blood loss is there if the remains stay. I would also recommend d and c
graceinc
post May 26 2017, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

All i can think is how sad the feeling would be knowing you miscarried the baby. My prayers with you.
Best of luck.
bellis
post May 31 2017, 04:47 PM

10 posts

Hi, i miscarriage last year Oct. baby was 8 weeks. (just personal opinion) if go d&c our uterus is more clean to fertile next pregnancy and also to avoid some women sickness like cancer or so. coz if "not clean" it might cause some bacteria.
you can seeks 2nd advise from others gynae. I was emergency admitted in GH. Even that time doing scanning at night cannot see baby already (morning ultrasound baby still there). Doctor also gave me some injection to let the baby out it seems. coz in the midnight i went to the toilet i can see everything out already.
but second day afternoon i will need to do D&C.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:19 PM