Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

First time expecting parents of twins, Need input to prep for bundles of joy !

views

TSasianlunatic
post May 21 2017, 12:27 AM, updated 7y ago

45 posts

Hi All,

We are both 31 years old expecting parents who are 17 weeks into our twins pregnancy!

Priorwe have been busy (I mean the wifey) negotiating a tough first trimester which had frequent vomiting and weekly trips to hospital for drips!

Luckily it's over now!
So now we are embarking on our next phase: getting ready for the babies !

We have yet to decide on our plan to deliver considering there is an expectation of pre term delivery (initially we wanted to deliver in Sungai Long Hospital)
We have yet to decide when to purchase baby stuffs
We have yet to decide when to hire maid

Some inputs
We are from Sungai Long, we stay nearby our parents and we do have flexible working hours due to our job.

Any inputs guys

danieln
post May 21 2017, 12:52 AM

Regular
1,249 posts

congratulations!

for baby stuffs can slowly buy. but for maid or baby sitter better start looking & book them.

you won't want to have that part missing then the babies are out smile.gif
ionStorm
post May 21 2017, 12:59 AM

*nyan*
Group Icon
Elite
3,323 posts

Congratulations! I was in your shoes not too long ago.

Be prepared financially and mentally! Risk was my main concern followed by cost.

If there are complications during the pregnancy, your wife deliver very early. If you have no complications, she will still deliver a little early. If she has to deliver before 28 weeks (IIRC), private hospitals will deliver but will NOT admit your twins due to the high risk. They have to be transferred to a government hospital.

When it comes to cost, it can be quite extreme. Under ideal circumstances, the chances of requiring an incubator is still there. The charge at private hospital is slightly over 1k/night/kid.

There's also the possibility that an incubator is not available on the delivery date.

In the end, we decided to do everything at the gov hospital as that was the least risky.

Other practical things - try to get every one on board, maid, parents, etc. Your wife will need all the help she can get. If she's breastfeeding, the first few months will be rough. If the twins don't sync, it's doubly rough. Take as much leave as you can to support your wife.

Above all, good luck!
Beelost
post May 24 2017, 07:56 PM

15 posts

Haven't you thought about looking for an au-pair girl?
TSasianlunatic
post May 27 2017, 03:31 AM

45 posts

QUOTE(Beelost @ May 24 2017, 07:56 PM)
Haven't you thought about looking for an au-pair girl?
You mean a maid? Yup, planning to look for one soon
bellis
post May 31 2017, 04:49 PM

10 posts

Congratulation~i have the same like you i'm with 12weeks momo twins. but after few discussion with my friends, families and twins group malaysia and compile all experiences mummy opinion. we decided to register ourselves in KK and take the pink book 1st.

Mine is high risk pregnancy. So to prevent premature delivery extra cost. GH or putrajaya is mine 2nd choice.
COOLPINK
post May 31 2017, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

congratulations!

We have yet to decide on our plan to deliver considering there is an expectation of pre term delivery (initially we wanted to deliver in Sungai Long Hospital)
- errr i no comment on twins delivery.

We have yet to decide when to purchase baby stuffs
- if can get hand me downs from relatives then use them. no need to buy and save your money. they grow up very fast and buying new stuff is not worth it unless you have no choice.

We have yet to decide when to hire maid
-finding good reliable maid is very hard. since its your kids lives that are at stake make very sure the maid is mentally and emotionally stable. having your parents to help during this time is invaluable. you need to appreciate your parents for this.

wishing you the best and take it easy.
do not stress out yourselves and i am sure everything will work out.
TSasianlunatic
post Jun 27 2017, 02:59 AM

45 posts

What we have done so far:

1. Checkups
Every 3 weeks checkup at Sg Long Hospital.
Every 1 month at Gov Clinic near Perodua GMart

2. Delivery Plan
If goes to 36 weeks, then deliver Csec at Sg Long Hospital
If anything premature, we were recommended Kajang or Putrajaya Hospital based on our location.

3. Maid
Maid is getting ready to come in September in time for delivery expected in October at 36 weeks

4. Finance budgeting
Always sitting down and planning for strategic purchases for the babies. Since it's 2, gotta think twice and cut once - no room for errors! So we have planned to buy things that matters as we near delivery:
Some Clothes (
Baby feeding stuffs
Car seats
Cots

Others come in later when needed.

TSasianlunatic
post Jun 27 2017, 03:01 AM

45 posts

QUOTE(bellis @ May 31 2017, 04:49 PM)
Congratulation~i have the same like you i'm with 12weeks momo twins. but after few discussion with my friends, families and twins group malaysia and compile all experiences mummy opinion. we decided to register ourselves in KK and take the pink book 1st.

Mine is high risk pregnancy. So to prevent premature delivery extra cost. GH or putrajaya is mine 2nd choice.
Congrats to you too!
But what is momo?

Is there a group for twins in Malaysia? Can I get a link to that?
bellis
post Jun 28 2017, 02:18 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(asianlunatic @ Jun 27 2017, 03:01 AM)
Congrats to you too!
But what is momo?

Is there a group for twins in Malaysia? Can I get a link to that?
facebook i hv joined few group - Twins And Triplets Malaysia
MoMo Twins Support, another 1 is modi twins. (coz i tok myself is modi twins. but not active in that group
momo twins is 1 sac 2 babies share 1 placenta. u can google for more details.
Bit0y
post Jun 28 2017, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

I just want to congratulate TS. Every baby that is born is a blessing for me since my wife had a miscarriage.
zoldane
post Jul 24 2017, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
229 posts

father of dragon phoenix twins here, now they are one year four months.

experience i can share with you
1) my private hospital doctors are somehow nice people, both of our gyne early early screw us and told us to go get a buku merah. JUST DO IT. saved our asses by like A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

wife got problem on week 30, actual name i forgot but at private hospital doctor have to install a device inside my wife to stop my babies from rupturing her womb and climb out(imagine alien Resurrection tongue.gif). she got 2 months bed rest leave from her doctor.
and as usual lah, my wife doesn't listen(boring stay on the bed) end up running here and there. after 3 weeks checkup,it dilated again and doctor said:" my best advice to you now is, take your red book, go to sg. buloh hospital and see what they say."

Damn, they hospitalised my wife on the spot. and there, she lived in sg buloh hospital for 60 days. and yet, she was too bored and manage to get some nurse friends in there, bcome guinie pregnant pig for the practical students trainee, and she also learnt a lot in the hospital.

there is this unspoken scheme in public hospitals where they will charge u like a private hospital to get things done. benefit of this scheme is, you get to choose doctors(instead of tikam see who is on duty) to follow up your case from from pre delivery until out of the hospital.

of course we choose the oldest wisest terrorest doctor in sg buloh, and it cost us a total of around 7k for 60 days stay with daily monitoring one day 5 times of the condition of the womb until out of the door. value for money to me at least.

please do ask if u need any info

This post has been edited by zoldane: Jul 24 2017, 02:20 PM
crazyjj
post Aug 7 2017, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

Congrats to TS, and wow such a great info and experience shared in this thread.

My wife having 14 weeks twins now and we are starting to prepare all the necessary works, information here are so helpful. =)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:58 PM