Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 100 pokécoins price drop!, Some countries get it, some don't. (Chat)

thirty6whoisit
post May 23 2017, 07:19 AM
Group: New Member

QUOTE(segiempat @ May 22 2017, 10:29 PM)
Thanks. Will try 👌
else you can also charge to your mobile bill.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Belphegor
post May 24 2017, 10:29 AM
Striving the best to beat the rest.
Group: Senior Member

I use celcom pay, no issue. bought 20 times. laugh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
JasonTheOneHero
post May 24 2017, 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Belphegor @ May 24 2017, 10:29 AM)
I use celcom pay, no issue. bought 20 times. laugh.gif
Hehehe 20 times that's what i wanna do but endup at 12 . I think 2500 coins enough for legendary event ..i dunno or not LOL tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Belphegor
post May 24 2017, 11:25 AM

QUOTE(JasonTheOneHero @ May 24 2017, 11:24 AM)
Hehehe 20 times that's what i wanna do but endup at 12 . I think 2500 coins enough for legendary event ..i dunno or not LOL  tongue.gif
legendary event need coins ah? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
JasonTheOneHero
post May 24 2017, 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Belphegor @ May 24 2017, 11:25 AM)
legendary event need coins ah?  unsure.gif
I dunno maybe double Xp or candy then need buy incubator to hatch eggs lo . Or they might do Promotion like cheaper incubator or lucky egg ..then use buy more smile.gif

This post has been edited by JasonTheOneHero: May 24 2017, 11:28 AM
+Quote Post
Belphegor
post May 24 2017, 11:55 AM

QUOTE(JasonTheOneHero @ May 24 2017, 11:28 AM)
I dunno maybe double Xp or candy then need buy incubator to hatch eggs lo . Or they might do Promotion like cheaper incubator or lucky egg ..then use buy more smile.gif
If is only that then is fine la. laugh.gif If want use coin to win then really can greet this game goodbye liao.. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
sniper on the roof
post May 24 2017, 12:08 PM
20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(Belphegor @ May 24 2017, 11:55 AM)
If is only that then is fine la. laugh.gif If want use coin to win then really can greet this game goodbye liao.. hmm.gif
If they follow the main series then need to physically be at a certain location and enter a promo code... that's the speculation now.

Nobody said anything about coins being needed.
+Quote Post
JasonTheOneHero
post May 24 2017, 12:37 PM

No lar i don't think Niantic will do that use coins to get Legendary ..that's really so wrong move from them smile.gif Always better prepare some coins for Cheaper stuff smile.gif Incubator & lucky eggs these two if cheap can buy more smile.gif

I'm more desperate to see if they have option to buy stardust LOL too many Pokémon want to powerup..Don't mind pay 100,000 stardust for 50 ringgits ? LOL

This post has been edited by JasonTheOneHero: May 24 2017, 12:42 PM
+Quote Post
thirty6whoisit
post May 24 2017, 02:32 PM

The purpose of TS is to let everyone know that the is a potential bug / promo with the 100 coins pricing. Therefore, it is a good time to buy / stock up on the coins if you have the spare cash. Keep it for when Niantic announces a promo, something like the xmas / new year package or discount on items. I would think there will be some sort of promo during the 1 year anniversary of PoGo launch.. July. I doubt they will require coins to get legendaries.

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 24 2017, 12:08 PM)
If they follow the main series then need to physically be at a certain location and enter a promo code... that's the speculation now.
Nobody said anything about coins being needed.
I hope they have a lot of locations..... smile.gif

QUOTE(JasonTheOneHero @ May 24 2017, 12:37 PM)
No lar i don't think Niantic will do that use coins to get Legendary ..that's really so wrong move from them smile.gif Always better prepare some coins for Cheaper stuff smile.gif Incubator & lucky eggs these two if cheap can buy more smile.gif
I'm more desperate to see if they have option to buy stardust LOL too many Pokémon want to powerup..Don't mind pay 100,000 stardust for 50 ringgits ? LOL
Actually, with the current game system, the only increasingly required commodity is stardust. That's why i'm buying incubators and trying to hog gyms. Its a cycle... isn't it...

And TBH, 100,000 dust for RM50 isn't exp considering we pay RM80 for 2,500 coins (which if we buy incubators and hatch ALL 10km eggs will earn us < 100k dust). However, i would seriously prefer the option of earning more dust in-game then just purchasing, for e.g.:

1) Like how the xp works, more xp for better captures, same thing can be applied for dust.
2) Re-calibrate the formula for calculating dust reward on egg hatches.
3) Reward trainers dust for winning gym battles and not only holding gyms.
4) Give some cheap dust away for spinning 10 diff pokestops, catching 10 diff pokemon in a row, etc.

My 2 cents...
+Quote Post
JasonTheOneHero
post May 24 2017, 02:43 PM

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 24 2017, 02:32 PM)
And TBH, 100,000 dust for RM50 isn't exp considering we pay RM80 for 2,500 coins (which if we buy incubators and hatch ALL 10km eggs will earn us < 100k dust). However, i would seriously prefer the option of earning more dust in-game then just purchasing, for e.g.:

1) Like how the xp works, more xp for better captures, same thing can be applied for dust.
4) Give some cheap dust away for spinning 10 diff pokestops, catching 10 diff pokemon in a row, etc.

My 2 cents...
Since the Grass event currently i only able get 1 of 10Km egg so pretty much 100K not come so easy . I do agree that more options to earn stardust but seem the Double Stardust event not come any close ( Wish legendary event ) .

Xp don't seem important to me since i already reach level 40 a month ago so currently Startdust most important as for me . The rest you suggested I'm kinda agreed .

+Quote Post
sniper on the roof
post May 24 2017, 02:45 PM
20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(thirty6whoisit @ May 24 2017, 02:32 PM)

Actually, with the current game system, the only increasingly required commodity is stardust. That's why i'm buying incubators and trying to hog gyms. Its a cycle... isn't it...

My 2 cents...
I think niantic makes stardust the most valuable currency by design hence there berries for everything except dust. The 2 unreleased berries also is not for stardust so just grind on.

So far theres been 3 extra candy events, 2 xp event but only double dust was Thanksgiving

+Quote Post
thirty6whoisit
post May 25 2017, 11:51 AM

QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 24 2017, 02:45 PM)
I think niantic makes stardust the most valuable currency by design hence there berries for everything except dust. The 2 unreleased berries also is not for stardust so just grind on.

So far theres been 3 extra candy events, 2 xp event but only double dust was Thanksgiving
True.. since 1-2 weeks since I last powered up.. managed to accumulate around 100k plus dust from catching, hatching and gyms. So far the most rewarding is gyms and mass hatching... you get lots at one go.
+Quote Post
segiempat
post May 25 2017, 12:29 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Apparently Niantic said the cheaper 100 coins is a permanent thing for poor countries like us. But i no understand their explanation
+Quote Post
sniper on the roof
post May 25 2017, 12:52 PM
20k VIP Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(segiempat @ May 25 2017, 12:29 PM)
Apparently Niantic said the cheaper 100 coins is a permanent thing for poor countries like us. But i no understand their explanation
Logic 404. Since when UK, Netherlands, France, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Germany poor?

+Quote Post
terryfu
post May 25 2017, 05:42 PM
Casual

QUOTE(segiempat @ May 25 2017, 12:29 PM)
Their objective is to get more ppl to outlay more small pocket change to buy coins. Assuming there are 100 million players playing Pogo but only 1 mil buy coins about USD 10 each, they only make USD 10 mil.

They're hoping that by dropping the 100 coins price, another 50 mil persons might just buy 1-2 times because they don't have much cash outlay. Of course some of us would take advantage by buying multiple times but I guess in 'poorer' countries ppl don't carry much in their wallet so cannot afford to buy. Its typical sales strategy whether online or retail.

The other thing is, ppl can put in other country sim cards and make the purchase in other currency (hence currency exploitation in their announcement). Eg Indonesia looks like the cheapest (about RM 1.60 our currency). So just get an Indon simcard and make the purchase in rupiah (you'll need to put some value in ala hotlink or via CC). They will likely trace this to the account owner country origin and ban them if caught. Last statement is pure speculation tongue.gif
+Quote Post
segiempat
post May 25 2017, 08:45 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(terryfu @ May 25 2017, 05:42 PM)
Their objective is to get more ppl to outlay more small pocket change to buy coins. Assuming there are 100 million players playing Pogo but only 1 mil buy coins about USD 10 each, they only make USD 10 mil.

They're hoping that by dropping the 100 coins price, another 50 mil persons might just buy 1-2 times because they don't have much cash outlay. Of course some of us would take advantage by buying multiple times but I guess in 'poorer' countries ppl don't carry much in their wallet so cannot afford to buy. Its typical sales strategy whether online or retail.

The other thing is, ppl can put in other country sim cards and make the purchase in other currency (hence currency exploitation in their announcement). Eg Indonesia looks like the cheapest (about RM 1.60 our currency). So just get an Indon simcard and make the purchase in rupiah (you'll need to put some value in ala hotlink or via CC). They will likely trace this to the account owner country origin and ban them if caught. Last statement is pure speculation tongue.gif
Oh I see...but the part i no understand is wouldn't it weird buying bigger bundles are more expensive. Never seen this me personally in any sales strategy before haha

+Quote Post
JasonTheOneHero
post Yesterday, 09:07 AM

QUOTE(segiempat @ May 25 2017, 08:45 PM)
Oh I see...but the part i no understand is wouldn't it weird buying bigger bundles are more expensive. Never seen this me personally in any sales strategy before haha

Me too ..usually the format the bigger the amount the cheaper but this Niantic case not same . hmm.gif
+Quote Post
sniper on the roof
post Yesterday, 09:10 AM
20k VIP Club
Group Icon

They said it was some appstore price tier thingy. I suppose they're still undecided on whether to extend it to the bigger bundle or not.
+Quote Post
thirty6whoisit
post Yesterday, 09:31 AM

QUOTE(JasonTheOneHero @ May 26 2017, 09:07 AM)
Me too ..usually the format the bigger the amount the cheaper but this Niantic case not same .  hmm.gif
QUOTE(sniper on the roof @ May 26 2017, 09:10 AM)
They said it was some appstore price tier thingy. I suppose they're still undecided on whether to extend it to the bigger bundle or not.
Whatever the reason, bug or promo, if you really willing and can spend on IAP, this is the time to do it.

Earlier this year, the cost to purchase coins in Pokemon Go increased in several countries as a result of adjustments to the exchange rate compared to the US dollar. However, the game recently reduced the rate of its 100 PokeCoin bundle back down to its original prices. This price drop only affects the 100 Coin bundle. The larger bundles of Coins still remain at their adjusted higher rates.

The price drop went into effect in the UK, Australia, India, France, Poland, Mexico, Canada, Germany, and several other European countries.Since the price drop only impacted one set of coins, this doesn't appear to be a currency rate readjustment. It's unclear if this is a permanent price drop or just a temporary drop to get people spending money during the game's Adventure Week event. Pokemon Go reduced the price of Poke Balls by 50% to coincide with the event, but they didn't advertise any price drops for coins or other events.

Notably, the drop in coin didn't go into effect in either the United States or Japan, which are arguably Pokemon Go's two biggest markets. There's no telling how long the price drop will last, so you might want to take advantage of the discount while it's still in place.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/21/pok...oin-price-drop/
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0669sec    2.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2017 - 08:35 AM