Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Unifi Lite 10Mbps - v2.0 -, TM illegitimate child hidden in basement

views

lukemanz
post Jun 24 2017, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(jolmy @ Jun 23 2017, 05:48 PM)
I believe it has to do with technicalities. TM does assign different range of phone numbers for different types of service.

For e.g. in my area serviced by TM's TTDI exchange:

PSTN (a.k.a. POTS) phone numbers: 03-772x xxxx
UniFi VoIP phone numbers: 03-773x xxxx

So if your current phone number is 03-7727 7777 and you want to port it to UniFi VoIP service, unfortunately, it cannot be done as dialing the number 03-772x xxxx will route the call to the PSTN network in TTDI.

You can only choose the number from 03-773x xxxx. If you do not like your number, you can request to change to another number within the same range, i.e. 03-773x xxxx, subject to availability, but you will be charged one-time RM25 to change number in your next bill.
This is correct, but before 20 Jun 2017 only.
20 Jun 2017 onwards, PSTN & Streamyx customer can bring the number to be UniFi phone number.

Customer who already using UniFi, and got extra PSTN number (got 1 line unifii + 1 line pstn at the same premise) also can bring the number to be UniFi phone number right now. Can be requested at TMpoint
lukemanz
post Jul 1 2017, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(totally_skint @ Jun 24 2017, 12:54 PM)
So, you're basically cancelling your old copper line.
Does this mean you can get back your deposit for that line?
Yes, by cancelling the copper line, we should get back our deposit.
If tak dapat, kene complain kaw2 la. vmad.gif
lukemanz
post Jul 1 2017, 11:26 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 28 2017, 11:10 AM)
I just checked and have no issue with it. https://tm.com.my/#/explore
Make sure you disable IPv6 before checking.

Unless UniFi Lite 10Mbps has different way of checking and not same as other UniFi plans.
To my experience, https://tm.com.my/#/explore only can check certain area coz some of my friend already subscribe Unifi, but unable to register using this website and miss the one month free subscription for online registration. rclxub.gif

Also, Unifi Lite is available at SUBB area (Streamyx upgraded infra area) and HSBB area (current UniFi area). https://tm.com.my/#/explore certainly cannot help to check Unifi Lite at SUBB area.

Seems like TM must upgrade the search coverage website
lukemanz
post Jul 2 2017, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jul 2 2017, 09:51 AM)
But according to lukemanz on post1321, since 20June one is allowed to retain old number for Unifi Lite n don't need new number.
BTW, bringing old telephone number to UniFi is free (1 telephone number only for unifi).

However, if we choose to maintain the old telephone number and plus new number for unifi (1 old telephone number + 1 new number for unifi), we will get 2 telephone lines. The old telephone number is charged RM25/mth. However, application before 20June will maintain charged at Rm1/mth. In other words, TM is requesting us to terminate the copper line after we switch to Unifi.

I think this new rule applicable to unifi advance and pro too

This post has been edited by lukemanz: Jul 2 2017, 01:38 PM
lukemanz
post Jul 2 2017, 06:21 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(santik @ Jul 2 2017, 05:48 PM)
I have been told that older number cannot be ported over to Unifi Lite, the new number is part of the package.
To maintain older number it is RM25 monthly rental.
Then you need to show that person this picture:

QUOTE(dannielshazmeer @ Jun 22 2017, 09:33 PM)
update from TM
user posted image
lukemanz
post Jul 3 2017, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(totally_skint @ Jul 3 2017, 12:00 AM)
Can we still keep the old number on copper and have the "Sewa DEL dimansuhkan" option?
No, sewa dimansuhkan is no longer available. If we keep the old number on copper, we will have to pay the sewa del rm25/mth
lukemanz
post Jul 3 2017, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jul 2 2017, 06:40 PM)
Should have got this b4 I went to see TMPOINT this morning n as usual the staffs were not aware of this when I requested the new VOIP line using my old DEL number. After checking, they said it is  for new packages signed up after 20June, but will check further whether older subscription can do d same.
Older subscription can do the same. However, it is not free and have one time fee rm25 per number for change number fee
lukemanz
post Jul 3 2017, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jul 2 2017, 09:29 PM)
Hope the agents in post#1 will contribute views on such issues n make clarification if necessary as these affect your potential customers. I myself wanted to find out:
1. Can those installations b4 20June request to use d old number to replace the new VOIP number?
2. Can we choose to retain both phone lines but switch the numbers?
Your question has been answered by cucubud as below:

QUOTE(cucubud @ Jul 3 2017, 07:48 AM)
Yeah, me too.
If no electricity, still can use.

Before 20 June 2017, you have the following options:
1. You can keep the old number in copper for RM1 a month (call charges incur when calling out).
2. You also get a new number for Unifi. That means you will have 2 numbers.
3. You can terminate the old number and use the new Unifi number.

After 20 June 2017, you have the following options:
1. if you want to keep the old number in copper, have to pay RM25 per month (not sure if it includes free calls to TM numbers).
2. You can move the old number to Unifi.
3. Terminate the old number since Unifi provide you with a new number.

TM prefers one house to have one number only.
lukemanz
post Jul 3 2017, 01:56 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(Xefron @ Jul 3 2017, 01:51 PM)
...and it must from the same exchange for your previous DEL to VOBB. tongue.gif
Yep, correct. Thanks for the reminder Master Xefron rclxms.gif
lukemanz
post Jul 3 2017, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jul 3 2017, 02:07 PM)
Thanks for d help but question 2 not answered yet. Are u guys agent?
Sorry. For the 2nd question, the number at unifi cannot switch to copper.
The number at copper line can switch to unifi at the same exchange. Free for new unifi, rm25 for existing unifi.
Im currently waiting unifi to my place. The fiber cabling already being laid behind my house. And the phone number from copper is frequently being use by my family. Dont want to change the number.
lukemanz
post Jul 6 2017, 11:30 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Jul 6 2017, 12:17 PM)
Just received a call from TM that my old number will take over the new VOIP number within 48 hours n d rm25 fee will be waived. Let's hope everything turn out well. At the meantime d new number can't be used.

Just checked already switched, superfast. rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
congrats to you thumbup.gif
lukemanz
post Jul 7 2017, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(Xefron @ Jul 7 2017, 02:25 PM)
The only way you want to enjoy HyppTV natively for UniFi Lite 10Mbps is upgrading from the VIP packages.
Correct. The other way to get STB is if the area support UniFi 30M or above, upgrade to UniFi 30M. You will get the STB. Then downgrade back to UniFi 10M and request to maintain the STB. Downgrade fee is RM200 or refresh contract. If do not want to pay, just choose refresh contract whistling.gif
lukemanz
post Jul 7 2017, 07:16 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(pwlow @ Jul 7 2017, 05:50 PM)
RM200 consider ok cause you already get the free tvbox and cordless phone. Both already cost more than RM200  bruce.gif
Correct. But not all feels the same. Like my parent they prefer corded phone since does not require plug point and rechargeable batteries
lukemanz
post Jul 28 2017, 01:01 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(uncle08 @ Jul 28 2017, 12:33 AM)
Hi zeronehza, I wonder where this u get this app and what server is that....thanks. Your app really helps me in my tablet. But how come TM does not upload tableh version in the playstore at all? Will this have any issue or not? THanks
HyppTV Everywhere: https://www.tm.com.my/hypptv/everywhere/Pages/index.html

Android phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...huawei.phone.tm

Android tablet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...m.huawei.pad.tm

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0624sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:15 PM